Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Mississippi River Flooding (Southern Version)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Reliable View Post
    Where is Mayor Mr. Ray Nagin when you need him??
    Still in jail I believe

The serious issue is that while we're dumping rain into the middle and top of the Miss, this storm is going t9o stall and dump a LOT MORE into the middle and bottom.

Betsy Kling (our Weather Geek, Weather Babe, an all-around NICE kid) expects this to be THE story for the next week....

(If channel 3 isn't careful, she's gonna follow Roker National, she is THAT good)
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpace View Post
    Still in jail I believe
    NOLA now has Mayor Latoya...Nagin would be an upgrade.
    "...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

Expected rainfall totals
    Attached Images
    "...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by mawmaw View Post
    8 to 10 inches of rain in one hour, NOLA today has shut down the city FLOODING everywhere ! and the storm is no where close !!!! They are nw saying the weather will make the green bloom worst because of all the rain expected !!! Now saying the river is at 20 ft,(top of levee) with surges at 3 or 5 feet with storm. New Orleans needs your prayers
    I'm right above you and Ben is above me! (As the crow flies) If that path stays, we are sure going to be in a pickle if this thing doesn't move in and move on OUT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    I'm right above you and Ben is above me! (As the crow flies) If that path stays, we are sure going to be in a pickle if this thing doesn't move in and move on OUT!!!
    Unless you are both living at a fishing camp on Vermilion Bay, I don't think I'm above y'all. If by "above" you mean "north." If you mean elevation, I'm at about 35ft.

Current cone...as pointed out by a poster on another board...if this track holds this thing will ride all the way up the Mississippi to Missouri/Kentucky with the river on the rainy side of the storm the whole way.
    Attached Images

South La. flood risk...
    Attached Images

all that rain will be heading up into Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois and coming right back downstream in all the rivers feeding into the Mississippi, so LA. will end up getting it "twice"

as the moon is full exact on the 17th

I'd take a vacation out of the lower Delta

its just too much rain

Bumping so this thread and the Barry thread will be close together on the board.

I have a feeling we'll need to watch BOTH threads carefully the next few days....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Well, we got all the things that will fly away buckled down, BOB bags ready, I got all my photo/heirloom items wrapped, boxed and put up high. The ax is in the attic along with emergency lights, radio, water, blankets, etc. That will ONLY be the last resort go-to place if we can't get out by boat. (Neighbor's) Hopefully, we won't need it.

Right now it's actually kind of nice. No rain, just some gusts but nothing to worry about. I know that will change but for now, DH and I are pretty much done with the exception of calling our elderly, homebound parishioners to make sure they're ok and/or taken care of. If not, then we'll be getting guests!

Well, we got all the things that will fly away buckled down, BOB bags ready, I got all my photo/heirloom items wrapped, boxed and put up high. The ax is in the attic along with emergency lights, radio, water, blankets, etc. That will ONLY be the last resort go-to place if we can't get out by boat. (Neighbor's) Hopefully, we won't need it.

Right now it's actually kind of nice. No rain, just some gusts but nothing to worry about. I know that will change but for now, DH and I are pretty much done with the exception of calling our elderly, homebound parishioners to make sure they're ok and/or taken care of. If not, then we'll be getting guests!
    Spoke too soon. It's raining.

Sorry Terriannie, I am 122 ft above sea level in Mississippi now, raised in NOLA though you both will be in my prayers, please make sure you have a way up or out.
    I've got my duck taped now what???
    God Bless
    MawMaw

Quote Originally Posted by mawmaw View Post
    Sorry Terriannie, I am 122 ft above sea level in Mississippi now, raised in NOLA though you both will be in my prayers, please make sure you have a way up or out.
    Our neighbors have a boat mawmaw, so if push comes to shove (or row) we'll make it out.

Thank you for your prayers!

The time to evacuate New Orleans is BEFORE hurricane season.

Where is the best place to watch and see if the river control structures near Baton Rouge are remaining intact?
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post

Where is the best place to watch and see if the river control structures near Baton Rouge are remaining intact?
    I don't remember if it is on this thread or the storm specific one, but earlier today I posted a link to all the live river levels in south Louisiana. I think its somewhere on the WAFB website if you want to go digging for it.

MrMBB333 is warning that it could still intensify as it comes over land. calling it the brown ocean effect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUV-GX1AtIo&t=4s

Quote Originally Posted by BenIan View Post
    I don't remember if it is on this thread or the storm specific one, but earlier today I posted a link to all the live river levels in south Louisiana. I think its somewhere on the WAFB website if you want to go digging for it.
    On one of these threads folks posted link to livecams in the area and up the MS Rive--but I just looked & can't find them now. Can anyone help me or list them AGAIN please?
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

https://www.wafb.com/weather/river-stages/ is this the link one your looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by parocan View Post
    https://www.wafb.com/weather/river-stages/ is this the link one your looking for?
    Thanks, but no---I meant LIVE - cams---current pictures of the MS River and various other spots to show as-it-happens pics of what's going on.

The live cam links are on page 2 of the thread titled. - “TS Barry about to make landfall, May make Cat-1”

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post

From orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0