Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ADMIN I'm very concerned about our dropping traffic levels
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I dont get on as much anymore as it timesout and such. Very frustrating....

Plus ,its summer and not much doom right now.

But site performance mainly.
    "America is at that awkward stage, to late to work within the system, but to early to shoot the bastards"-- Claire Wolfe

OK, thanks Dennis. I'm going to address my dinosaur aged tech and bite the bullet on some new devices soon.

I do agree with you, that bending to the pressure to be quiet in the face of tyranny or political correctness's many gotchas, lets them win. But I fully understand people with families not wanting to stick their neck out and risk their employment opportunities, too. I don't have any good solutions at the moment. Maybe thinking of it as the actual battlespace, at the moment helps some people.

The "well" that people are going to for content to share and discuss is shrinking too. Most of us simply don't have time to dig too deeply into the less-promoted sites looking for pertinant or interesting articles. So, much of what is getting posted has either already been read or is redundant. I've noticed, too - the news cycle is changing - the more open the major media is getting about claiming a narrative-side or propaganda message. Weekends are VERY quiet these days. Very little gets dropped news-wise at 5 pm on Friday anymore.

Change happens. All we can do is adapt and overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    ****** isnt racist, its just been made out to be that way. Its a description of the type of person one is, not skin color. Met many hundreds of whites that fit into this category. But the brainwashing is deep everywhere it would seem. Sad state of affairs. And little reason that people numbers have dropped here. Most are oblivious and want to stay that way.
    It doesn't matter whether you personally believe "n***er" is racist. 99% of the world sees it that way, and that includes a lot of conservatives who were brought up to respect people of any color. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN POLITE SOCIETY...period.

And yes,I admit that I began using it for the first time in my life, in response to the Racist-in-Chief's illegitimate presidency and his blatantly racist actions and policies. I think I felt, in the old fashioned phrase, "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb". If he and his followers were going to brand me, and every other woke, thinking citizen as "racist" for staring truth, and quoting studies which show that the tiny minority of citizens who identify as black commit the majority of violent crimes, among other issues... well, I might as well go all the way.

But we can't allow it on the board... not if we want it to survive. We CAN allow threads like the huge one about violent crimes committed by blacks... discussion of reality is always allowed. But regardless of anyone's personal feelings about the word, allowing it's use on the site WILL immediately classify it as a racist, undesirable place in the mind of 99% of potential new members.. almost all of whom will never read further to find that there is more to TB2k...

Summerthyme

Post something unpopular or a little out of line: get flamed, accused of being foreigner, government shill.

Post something lousy happening in your AO: Get told, 'that's what you get for voting democrat/liberal/leftist.' Even though you and yours haven't voted that way.

Post something lousy about your AO: Get told to, 'vote with your feet,' 'move to a red state,' 'buy some land and farm.'

Post some a news story from your AO: Nobody is really interested enough to comment, it slides out of view in a matter of hours.
    Maybe I could offer better commentary when posting something local, to try and get some engagement. I don't know.

There's also the issue, it's almost the same disheartening news from everywhere, just change the locale. Nothing to really comment that hasn't been said already.

I belonged to a pick-up truck forum that was awesome for several years, it went down, when it came back, it just died. Sadly discussion forums and their accessible histories seem to be becoming a thing of the past.

I know a couple people, right here in town, who tried to register here over the past couple years and got nowhere. No response. Nada. They both moved on, they thought you didn't want new members, and we were a closed community "of old guys". There are many places out there, you know. Learned about it after the fact.... You might look into that end of things.

Deena in GA is our registration person. All requests go through her. There have been periods where the email system was broken, and during those periods, any inbound emails were lost.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    It doesn't matter whether you personally believe "n***er" is racist. 99% of the world sees it that way, and that includes a lot of conservatives who were brought up to respect people of any color. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN POLITE SOCIETY...period.

And yes,I admit that I began using it for the first time in my life, in response to the Racist-in-Chief's illegitimate presidency and his blatantly racist actions and policies. I think I felt, in the old fashioned phrase, "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb". If he and his followers were going to brand me, and every other woke, thinking citizen as "racist" for staring truth, and quoting studies which show that the tiny minority of citizens who identify as black commit the majority of violent crimes, among other issues... well, I might as well go all the way.

But we can't allow it on the board... nit if we want it to survive. We CAN allow threads like the huge one about violent crimes committed by blacks... discussion of reality is always allowed. But regardless of anyone's personal feel8ngs about the word, allowing it's use on the site WILL immediately classify it as a racist, undesirable pkace in the mind of 99% of potential new members.. almost all of whom will never read further to find that there is more to TB2k...

Summerthyme
    Agree, I have in the past recommended the site to others (been here since 2004) but no longer feel comfortable doing so. I have been mainly a reader due to family duties and work duties, now that I have time to post I find the attitude not conducive to productive discussions but that is just my opinion. And I have a feeling that would make me a target of some prolific posters.
    “Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.”

Sticks and stones..

It is called FREE SPEECH.

A people more offended by words than deeds seem a little bit too sensitive to things that don't carry as much weight as deeds.

If a derogatory term is used to describe a derogatory act or person who engages in behavior frowned upon by the majority of people and that is offensive....

Then we should replace it with, what? "Youth". "teens". "Alleged perpetrator"

If people feel that the words "commie" " rat" "pinko". "degenerate". "faggot". "homo" "freak" ......
    are offensive and derogatory, should we be forced to not use them to describe... Communists, snitches, sexual deviants... Because said people's might be offended?

Say it is not so....

Words have meaning, but is the action more important?

Like how do the people using the offensive words actually treat people.

I have enjoyed the experience many times of getting In to a name calling back and forth with someone, who gets all offended and tries to out Insult me regarding nationality, race,.sexual whatever, etc. And then watching them become enlightened as to how utterly stupid it is to become outraged over words. Well except for things like liar,.thief...without evidence.

In other words, I understand the situation, but myself,

I will say whatever I want wherever I want. I fought for the right, on top of it being mine, and yours by birth.

If a person deserves it my boots fit all.

I am no racist, all people will be given a chance, if they blow it and act like A,B,CD,, or Any other...

I will call em how I see em.

But I am sensitive to others not wanting to hear or see those "WORDS"

If I offend somone and they point it out to me, and it is a legitimate complaint, I will apologize.

I would not cuss In Church, or around others unless I felt it was mutually acceptable.

Toxic masculinity and all......

snipped..

We also have more negative posters (especially in regard to the President's attempts to fulfill his promises... they tend to be rather shallow, uninformed thinkers, but they are vocal... and it gets to the point where those who are willing to have patience and who have some understanding thst he is essentially trying to swim with both feet and one hand handcuffed together just don't care to bother trying to post.
    ^ This is a real factor why certain members post less than they once did.
    "Walk toward the fire. Don't worry about what they call you." - Andrew Breitbart

Quote Originally Posted by trek2001 View Post
    I read timebomb daily as a lurker. I have learned over time my comments are either unwanted or controversial, so I rarely comment anymore.

I do enjoy reading though.
    I agree

I read timebomb daily as a lurker. I have learned over time my comments are either unwanted or controversial, so I rarely comment anymore.

This! Plus my computer skills are sorely lacking.

....So, to play Orwell with everyone .....

Let's call blacks who do horrendous things ."NAUGHTY NEGROS" ..

Oh and The " MISCHIEVOUS MEXICANS"

I will stop now,.because this medium of Interaction is more difficult to convey this properly, without being offensive to .. I don't know.. anyone.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE.

as i read this thread
    There are currently 42 users browsing this thread. (32 members and 10 guests)

A new member that has been a lurker since 1999...Found becoming a member was frustrating, and took 4 attempts over two months to join...

that being said,; the device change from computers to cell phones /tablets is huge.

Loaded T2K on my phone last week and found ....well...suggest you load TB2K on your phone and observe your experience.

overall I observe our society has became needful for the flashing light of video? They do not wanta think...to much personal responsibility, IMHO.

Have suggested this site to men worked with, and all having looked, all disliked the racial hatred observed, and said not for them.

Personally, I have always very much enjoyed TB2K, a lot of insight, and reading others views has somewhat crafted my views over the decades.

Devices used...prepping for no power..have encouraged my household to shed big towers and monitors that suck electricity, and move to devices that have internal batteries that can be charged in a myriad of ways.

just some random thoughts from a new member

PS Google search for TB2K shows a negative comment about someone kicked off, that dont look good.

Quote Originally Posted by greysage View Post
    Post something unpopular or a little out of line: get flamed, accused of being foreigner, government shill.

Post something lousy happening in your AO: Get told, 'that's what you get for voting democrat/liberal/leftist.' Even though you and yours haven't voted that way.

Post something lousy about your AO: Get told to, 'vote with your feet,' 'move to a red state,' 'buy some land and farm.'

Post some a news story from your AO: Nobody is really interested enough to comment, it slides out of view in a matter of hours.
    Maybe I could offer better commentary when posting something local, to try and get some engagement. I don't know.

There's also the issue, it's almost the same disheartening news from everywhere, just change the locale. Nothing to really comment that hasn't been said already.

I belonged to a pick-up truck forum that was awesome for several years, it went down, when it came back, it just died. Sadly discussion forums and their accessible histories seem to be becoming a thing of the past.

And then there is the famous California bashing wishing the most horrendous deaths on those of us that live out here. The Pagans on here may be familar with the rule of 3. Any evil wishes will come back on you 3 times over.

Quote Originally Posted by desertvet2 View Post

I will stop now,.because this medium of Interaction is more difficult to convey this properly, without being offensive to .. I don't know.. anyone.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE.
    Drink another cup of coffee, things will get better.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

From Dennis Olson

I'm alarmed that our traffic levels seem to have dropped considerably in the past couple of months. Before about April, we consistently had over 400 people on at any given time. Now, we're struggling to break 200. Further, threads and posts appear to be from the same core group of about 30 or so people. That does not bode well for the continued existence of this place. Bear in mind that over the past year or two we've lost some significant contributors as they passed. I'm not at all sure how to reverse this downward trend, or even if it's *possible* to reverse it in these days of handheld devices and other social media.

But I'm open to ideas. Further, I think we need to invite others to join the forum, in an effort to bring some new life and perspectives to the forum. If you know anyone who might like to join, let them know. They need to send a membership request to:

registrar@timebomb2000.com

Dennis,

If a major conflict broke out anywhere in the world, the Persian Gulf, Israel, Korea, the South China Sea, the Traffic levels would sky rocket

NW

Quote Originally Posted by Racing22 View Post
    There, you just proved my point... How many others are out there in the Interwebs that feel the same way?????????
    Me. I'm not sure how to post, and the one time I did share something I thought was interesting, I was jumped on for not including the link. I didn't realize! I don't want to use my time and frankly, there's just not much interesting here these days. Other than the Q/Martial law thread. It was the snarky posters and "Christians" who killed TTOL. There's just not much interesting here right now.
    Excuses are the tools of the incompetent. ~ Thirsty Rollins

I know for me personally, it's board performance. I used to be here quite a lot in the past and now I check for five minutes a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrwyn View Post
    And then there is the famous California bashing wishing the most horrendous deaths on those of us that live out here. The Pagans on here may be familar with the rule of 3. Any evil wishes will come back on you 3 times over.
    Yes! When people make such a big deal about "hating" a certain state or city or area, there's something there, like jealousy or ? I'm no psychologist but there are many many conservative people in CA and people need to drop it.
    Excuses are the tools of the incompetent. ~ Thirsty Rollins

Dennis... may I also, with all due respect, suggest that you start waiting 30 minutes or so before hitting submit when to respond to a thread? Calling out certain posters as Commies, declaring that they aren't Christians (!!!), and other uncharacteristic snarkiness really drives people away. I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly)you are stressed from the job search, but others don't have that inside info, and are badly taken aback by what they perceive at personal attacks.

I've had quite a few PMs from people who tell me they are pulling back on posting... several mentioned your snarkiness to them or others (and I didn't mention it to you because I know you're having tough times right now... I don't believe in piling on) as well as what they perceive as a persistent negativity from others.
    Summed up my thoughts, as well.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

It's also the female bashing, almost every thread about women devolves into a female bashing thread and a discussion about her post after market sexual value. It's offensive and can be quite hurtful. The majority of the members here are women, not male... see my poll I did here back a few years ago. Many members here have male sounding forum names, like "mud logger" but they're not guys. That said a few very bitter males (and it's always the same male members) here almost always manage to turn any conversation about women into an opportunity to bash women.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE.
    Sticks and stones..

It is called FREE SPEECH.

A people more offended by words than deeds seem a little bit too sensitive to things that don't carry as much weight as deeds.

If a derogatory term is used to describe a derogatory act or person who engages in behavior frowned upon by the majority of people and that is offensive....

Then we should replace it with, what? "Youth". "teens". "Alleged perpetrator"

If people feel that the words "commie" " rat" "pinko". "degenerate". "faggot". "homo" "freak" ......
    are offensive and derogatory, should we be forced to not use them to describe... Communists, snitches, sexual deviants... Because said people's might be offended?

Say it is not so....

Words have meaning, but is the action more important?

Like how do the people using the offensive words actually treat people.

I have enjoyed the experience many times of getting In to a name calling back and forth with someone, who gets all offended and tries to out Insult me regarding nationality, race,.sexual whatever, etc. And then watching them become enlightened as to how utterly stupid it is to become outraged over words. Well except for things like liar,.thief...without evidence.

In other words, I understand the situation, but myself,

I will say whatever I want wherever I want. I fought for the right, on top of it being mine, and yours by birth.

If a person deserves it my boots fit all.

I am no racist, all people will be given a chance, if they blow it and act like A,B,CD,, or Any other...

I will call em how I see em.

But I am sensitive to others not wanting to hear or see those "WORDS"

If I offend somone and they point it out to me, and it is a legitimate complaint, I will apologize.

I would not cuss In Church, or around others unless I felt it was mutually acceptable.

Toxic masculinity and all......
    bold:

Nice posts.

I am going to let this thread and the "N word" banning thread soak a while before I reply to either at any length.

I do think your posts on this thread are to the point and worthy of consideration by all.

I have been concentrating on the http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...Trouble-thread thread as it is of great concern to me. This thread and the other one I mentioned... not so much but it appears they will rapidly grow into "hot" threads and will likely impact the site.

I have lawn mowing and bush hogging that needs attention and will turn off the computer in a few minutes. I plan to return later to see what direction these two threads go. They seem to be on the minds of some people including mods.

Remember this:

Decisions made concerning these threads are capable of sealing the fate of this site for good or for bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Maybe you should run a poll about the female bashing that occurs here at TBK! You know the whole post after market sexual value garbage that gets beaten to death by same group of male members every time a thread/article about women comes up.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Maybe you should run a poll about the female bashing that occurs here at TBK! You know the whole post after market sexual value garbage that gets beaten to death by same group of male members every time a thread/article about women comes up.

Good point.

Let's not for get the Catholic/Pope bashing, liberal bashing etc. threads that also generate angst for many.

A can of worms once opened is not easily closed.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Good point.

Let's not for get the Catholic/Pope bashing, liberal bashing etc. threads that also generate angst for many.

A can of worms once opened is not easily closed.
    I don't bash catholics but this current pope is NOT my pope!

I just worry that there are blacks that might join (a lot are conservative types) but racial words would turn them off. This should be a place where everyone feels good to belong-not just whites.
    A socialist will trample over one hundred poor people just for the chance to throw a rock at a rich man.

Ban ****** but accept the fake “African-American”. Social engineering at its finest. The word is usually used to describe behavior. Yes it triggers people, the same people that believe African American is correct and use gay instead of queer.

****** is actually a hit on the word niger, which means black.
    A socialist will trample over one hundred poor people just for the chance to throw a rock at a rich man.

Countrybumpkin......it was a negro friend that got me to accept that ****** was a descriptive term. He despised ******s, One the best men and friend I have been proud to know.

#66:

This should be a place where everyone feels good to belong-
    I respectfully submit that such place does not exist in this world.

I will stop now,.because this medium of Interaction is more difficult to convey this properly, without being offensive to .. SNOWFLAKES in training I don't know.. anyone.

I MEAN NO OFFENSE.
    Fixed it for you
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

Dennis how many people are members now on here, I say spring and out side work is the reason for low count.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrwyn View Post
    This! Plus my computer skills are sorely lacking.
    This is true of me also and part of my reason. Plus I am afraid something I post will be done the wrong way and mess something else up.

I rarely (if ever) start a new post

a few times Ive tried and screwed it up somehow

or failed to add site

etc etc

I DO try to respond to many posts and read lots of them

Since we are having a discussion,

- Have any of the recent technical performance issues impacted your willingness to visit or login?

- How important is a secure "SSL" environment to you when browsing and posting here?

- Are you satisfied with the ability to embed videos, tweets, pictures, audio files and other media?

- Any examples of web sites you frequent that "get it right" in these regards?
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Look's to be more snowflakes here than i thought.
    Mike

I value these comments, but folks, if you're thinking this site should be nothing but fluffy pink bunnies and "de-hurtful retractions" (h/t to Demolition Man), this is not that site. We speak plainly here. If people want "safe spaces", they can get all they want on FaceBorg and Twatter. If we become one of those, I'll close the doors and walk away.

I value these comments, but folks, if you're thinking this site should be nothing but fluffy pink bunnies and "de-hurtful retractions" (h/t to Demolition Man), this is not that site. We speak plainly here. If people want "safe spaces", they can get all they want on FaceBorg and Twatter. If we become one of those, I'll close the doors and walk away.
    As will I.

I think many will leave before you do that.

I think most of the bigger points have been covered. Board performance has been an issue which will hopefully be ironed out with the move to new software. As far as the 'N' word goes I detest that word but it isn't an issue for me as far as not coming here because of it but I can understand why people wouldn't invite someone to the forum in part because it's overt usage. Would be better to act like your in a friends living room with mixed company and find a way to be expressive without the necessity of someone telling you not to use that word. Part of it is probably being spring time and there are a lot of things going on and also registration isn't the easiest thing in the world as opposed to other forums but the way we do it does help to keep the socks down a bit and those that just want to stir the pot. And also nothing 'big' has happened recently and usually as soon as something drops the traffic picks back up.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html