Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Prep Genrl Weekly Prep Thread: May 19 ~ 25, 2019
+ Reply to Thread

Weekly Prep Thread: May 19 ~ 25, 2019

The unit work schedules have been crazy the past few weeks, what with everyone trading shifts for graduations, field trips, and other school related going-ons, so it took me a while to realize it was Sunday this morning - until my co-worker for the day texted me "Do we get donuts?" Which meant I had to quit lollygagging over my coffee and beat feet to town so I could answer her "Yes!" It was a pretty good day at work - first one in a while with a fully staffed unit; I got out the door only 27 minutes late

CVS has quite a few items we use on sale, but I will have to check my extra care bucks, CVS coupons, and the coupon inserts/websites before I make out a plan. Menards has mulch on sale 5/$10 again so I will need some $$ for that. The local Feed 'n Seed had a notice on Face Book that they were expecting a truckload of plants in on Monday as well - sure glad I've been tucking back a little bit of money - it may be a spendy week... Haven't seen the grocery store ads for this week as yet but I'm out of freezer room and doubt I'd have time to can anything this week either, so I'm hoping for either canned or boxed food sales

We got another half inch of rain today - so no getting out into the gardens for another few days. I've got plenty of other things to do around the yard and buildings, so while I'm frustrated at the delay, I'll at least be getting a few other things done.

Well, it's getting late; reckon I'd better get this posted so I can head to bed in a bit - tomorrow will be a busy day.... Take care all; have a great week!

We've been adding little by little to our stock of everything. CVS has been sending me a coupon every week or two good for a 12 roll pack of Scott tissue for $5.49. Between those buys and the ones where they give you $5 or $10 toward your next purchase when you buy a certain amount of Scott (and it's on sale), we are staying stocked up on that for a long time.

Today we were in town and hubby felt the need to buy more bottled water, so we added a good bit to that. I've also added to our supplement supply and bought a couple bottles of Summerthyme's oil, which seems to really work. Hubby has been pretty miserable lately with not only Lyme stuff, but also neck and back pain from a wreck in November. The oil does help and he's going to physical therapy, which helps, but seems to wear off after a couple of weeks. He's on his second set of appointments there now. We just got the results of his MRI, which showed bone spurs on C3, C4, and C5. As well as a narrowing of what I can't remember the name of right now. Having bone spurs in my foot, I can imagine how incredibly painful it is.

We finally got the garden started, although there's still much to do, including moving a raised bed. At least we've started. A very pleasant surprise is that a couple of farmers have started coming to the market I am a vendor at and they are selling various plants and trees that they have raised at very good prices. I've picked up several things there and am looking forward to adding more.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

I found a used Steam Juicer and have been rendering down fruit into juice for jelly and drying the pulp. Also running the Nescos and the Excalibur drying food, and Pressure Canning the rest. Oh, and filling up every water container I can find- again.

Basically, I am processing the things in the freezer just in case. The world situation does not please me right now. If it's nothing, I have an empty freezer and if it's for real, I have food that doesn't need electricity to keep. Am I the only one doing this?
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Got one of my winter coats washed and put away for the season. I wasn't sure it would survive the process, but it was too dirty not to wash. Got a bale of hay from one of my friends. That will probably be it for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker22 View Post
    I found a used Steam Juicer and have been rendering down fruit into juice for jelly and drying the pulp.
    It's been awhile since I've used my juicer, but when I did, I usually threw away the pulp or put it in the compost bin, or worm bin---- so I was wondering if I'd been wasting a lot of their "goodness" all this time. Does the dried pulp taste good?

Now that I think about it, it probably would taste good if it was fruit pulp. Vegetable pulp, would be another matter.

GRADUATING TODAY!!!

Congratulations, moldy!

Congratulations! Well done, moldy!!

Woo hoo, moldy!!! Congrats!!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Great job, moldy! Congratulations!

Summerthyme

Congratulations Moldy!

We are going to town today to buy extra animal food. I contacted the kids and told them to get the supplies they would need for a couple weeks. We are expecting catastrophic flooding of the Arkansas river. Record level is 38. They expect it to Crest at 44. Interstate 40 and hwy 64 that parallel it will be underwater. Hwy 7 will be underwater at the approach to the river bridge. It is going to be bad. They expect it to stay at Crest for 3 days. Deliveries to the stores will be iffy, I would think. Both kids have babies. They are on high ground, but my daughter may not be able to get to town for awhile.

We will do our preps then have a shindig to attend at a friends house. I am really looking forward to it.

Woo-Hoo Moldy!! Congratulations on your Graduation!