Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS Boy Scouts raise fees
+ Reply to Thread

Boy Scouts raise fees

Boy scouts here will have fees raised from 42 to 57 dollars and will now be REQUIRED to fund raise. Each scout will be required to raise $125.00 each year. If each scout troop does not average at least 125 per scout the troop is kicked out for the next year.

Remember "Doug Callahan, of the Great River Council Scouts of America, said it's not about money, it's about the lessons involved." so that makes it all right.

https://www.komu.com/news/mid-missou...undraising-fee

Boy scouts here will have fees raised from 42 to 57 dollars and will now be REQUIRED to fund raise. Each scout will be required to raise $125.00 each year. If each scout troop does not average at least 125 per scout the troop is kicked out for the next year.

Looks like justice is coming to the Boy Scouts for all of their nefarious deeds including allowing homosexuals into troops, paying off for rape of Boy Scouts by leaders to name a few....

Let the Boy Scouts go broke quickly for the Boy Scouts are not the organization they were years ago....

Texican....

Gotta fund the retirement plans

https://www.scouting.org/careers/professional-jobs/

The LDS is leaving the scouts, but I cannot remember when. IIRC, it was a considerable percentage of scouts.

That means their defined retirement programs take a big hit. It isn't about the kids, it's about protecting the organization.

They will be filing for bankruptcy soon due to all the inbound lawsuits.
    Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post
    https://www.scouting.org/careers/professional-jobs/

The LDS is leaving the scouts, but I cannot remember when. IIRC, it was a considerable percentage of scouts.

That means their defined retirement programs take a big hit. It isn't about the kids, it's about protecting the organization.

They will be filing for bankruptcy soon due to all the inbound lawsuits.
    January 2020. And yes, they were huge financial backers of BSA. Everything involved with scouts was more expensive than it needed to be, so I think the LDS should have gotten out a long time ago, and started their own thing. I agree about the bankruptcy.

My son and I were both involved in the BSA, with my son obtaining his Eagle in 2017. I stayed on for almost a year after he aged out (which was last year) to help out the other boys with their rank advancements and with campouts and such. I also served for several years as the Range Safety Officer for our troop's shooting sports campout, which was by far the most popular campout (I wonder why, LOL!). The boys would learn rifle shooting, shotgun shooting and sometimes archery during that campout.

I was very disappointed (and that's a gross understatement) when the BSA made the decision to allow homosexual scoutmasters, but my son was already half way through (First Class rank on the way to Star rank) in his Scouting journey, so we decided to stay. Not long before he got his Eagle, the BSA decided to allow homosexual Scouts in, and not long after he aged out they decided to admit girls.

All of these changes violate the basic principles of Scouting as stated in the Scout Law, Scout Oath, Scout Motto and Scout Slogan.

I recently left the troop, not only because of the aforementioned decisions by the BSA hierarchy but also because I have other things to do. Our troop has been slowly decreasing in size after those three irresponsible and evil decisions by the BSA hierarchy, as parents simply got fed up and took their kids either out of Scouting entirely or put them into Trail Life USA (which is growing quite steadily in this area). I hate to see this happen, because my son benefited immensely from his time in the BSA and learned some very valuable skills and work ethic. It's sad to see an American institution like the BSA commit suicide before our very eyes - but that is what is happening and I expect the organization will probably cease to exist within the next 10 years, unless something drastic is done to reverse the evil decisions that have been made by its "leaders".

Raffy:
    It's sad to see an American institution like the BSA commit suicide before our very eyes - but that is what is happening and I expect the organization will probably cease to exist within the next 10 years, unless something drastic is done to reverse the evil decisions that have been made by its "leaders".

Indeed it is - sadly the same thing can be said about our once great nation - suicide seems to be in style. it's REAlly PAST TIME to purge this demonic scum from our midst
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I expect the organization will probably cease to exist within the next 10 years, unless something drastic is done to reverse the evil decisions that have been made by its "leaders".

Your story could be Owner's story. Even his son (Eagle 2015) is disappointed.

Meanwhile, the little girl Owner's wife babysits for is proud as punch to be a cub scout. She just doesn't like the boys who are in the same Den. Says something about co-mingling the sexes as age 7?

If you want to ask a horse, I would say Brownies/Girl Scouting lost their way when they went "domestic" and "social." Boy Scouting is just reacting to a market demand.

And not too well.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Decreasing membership and a HUGE amount of legal fees on the radar.

Some chance that the BSA will cease to exist in the next few years.

Gone the way of Montgomery Wards and dial phones.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Name one organization which has been infiltrated by Liberals and prospered?

If you want to destroy something, invite a liberal to join.

America is also a good example.
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

It’s not the BSA anymore. They recently changed their name to Scouts BSA. “Boy” has been removed. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    Your story could be Owner's story. Even his son (Eagle 2015) is disappointed.

Meanwhile, the little girl Owner's wife babysits for is proud as punch to be a cub scout. She just doesn't like the boys who are in the same Den. Says something about co-mingling the sexes as age 7?

If you want to ask a horse, I would say Brownies/Girl Scouting lost their way when they went "domestic" and "social." Boy Scouting is just reacting to a market demand.

And not too well.

Dobbin
    Add the Fly Family into the mix, too. Fly Son earned his Eagle Rank in 2017 and is dismayed, as are we, with the decisions made. SMH.
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

12. BURN IT DOWN

"I am writing to share some news about a change to our council staff. As part of our regular evaluation of our needs and
    resources to deliver the Scouting program in a way that best meets the needs of the communities we serve,
    the Grand Canyon Council has reduced its staff by seven positions.

This is a difficult decision. We wish our former colleagues the best as they transition to new employment,
    and we have offered them severance packages to support them at this time.

This announcement, similar to other recent announcements, is not easy. But this will put our council in a
    stronger financial position and allow us to continue serving our youth members, families and communities in a sustainable way."

THERE'S NO WAY IF YOU CAN REALLY KNOW WHETHER I'M HERE TO HELP YOU OR NOT, so it's really up to you.
    Just have to make up your own damn mind to accept what I'm going to tell you or reject it.
    WWG1WGA

I think it should be pointed out that the majority of historical abuse cases happened under the "old" rules were in theory no homosexual men were "allowed" to be Scout Masters; obviously, a good number of them were pedos or in the case of boys past puberty willing to break their sacred trust to someone they were in loco parentis with.

To quote a very close friend, whose abuser was convicted in court,

"I was a young gay boy trying to find my way in the world, I didn't want a lover I just wanted someone to talk to and be a mentor to me; instead I got a lonely man deep in his own closet who abused me."

My friend was below the age of puberty when that happened, that is a pedo and this was over three decades ago now.

So, I don't think you can blame the "problems" on changes that allowed some VETTED gay men to serve in that position, because obviously just because someone says they are straight or not attracted to children doesn't mean you can believe them without vetting either (and even then some people get missed).

As for "mixed" Scouting, well it has been that way in the rest of the world for several decades now - I know someone in Northern Ireland who's been a leader for years and it always came up for Jamobries; so again unless the US is totally unique, that shouldn't be a huge problem either.

Although I have to say that given what I know of human development I think there is a place for boy only/girl only activities especially between the ages of about 7 and 14; that's the age when most kids tend to prefer their own gender anyway and there are some real differences (again in general) between little boys and little girls.

So I can see both sides of that argument but the pedophile issue is a whole lot deeper and darker than a relatively recent policy change; because of my friend's connection I actually looked carefully at that list the Scouts put out a few weeks ago (and I even found his abuser on it) the list went way-way back and that's just the men who are known to have abused their positions.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats