Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SCI Stanton Friedman, famed UFO researcher, dead at 84
+ Reply to Thread

Stanton Friedman, famed UFO researcher, dead at 84

He was an interesting man.
    SS

'Stanton Friedman, famed UFO researcher, dead at 84

Friedman credited with bringing Roswell Incident to mainstream conversation

Colin McPhail · CBC News · Posted: May 14, 2019 4:16 PM AT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago
    Stanton Friedman, a nuclear physicist devoted to uncovering what he could about alien life, has died. He was 84. (Submitted/Melissa Friedman)

Stanton Friedman, the famed UFO researcher based in Fredericton, has died.

Friedman was returning from a speaking engagement in Columbus, Ohio, when he died suddenly at the Toronto Pearson Airport on Monday night, according to his family.

He was 84.

A nuclear physicist by training, Friedman had devoted his life to researching and investigating UFOs since the late 1960s.

He was credited with bringing the 1947 Roswell Incident — the famous incident that gave rise to theories about UFOs and a U.S. military coverup — back into the mainstream conversation.

Canadian has devoted life to proving existence of alien life

Friedman "officially" retired last year but still booked speaking engagements "because he loved talking about UFOs," said his daughter, Melissa Friedman, who works for CBC News.

"Dad was curious about anything he didn't know about. He was always asking questions about how things worked.

"I think it's rare for someone to stay so engaged and curious and open-minded for a life that's that long."

She remembered her father as encouraging, proud and caring and said she was fortunate to have one last visit a week ago in Nova Scotia.
    'He did his homework'

Friedman was an accomplished writer, publishing dozens of papers about UFOs and writing or co-writing several books. Three of those books were written in tandem with Kathleen Marden.

"He will be greatly missed," Marden, a UFO researcher, said in an interview from Florida.
    Stanton Friedman, a leading authority on UFOs, is pictured taking part in a parade in McMinnville, Ore., in 2013. (CBC)

His qualifications, intelligence and diligence made him irreplaceable in the research field, she said.

"He did his homework," Marden said.

"He went further than most researchers in that he did on-site investigations. He went to actual physical archives to do his research. He was an outstanding researcher, highly intelligent and had a great sense of humour."

He was also a familiar face in documentaries, radio and television, including multiple appearances on Larry King Live, and lectured about UFOs for hundreds of colleges and professional groups across the United States, Canada and many other countries.

Friedman was also inducted into the UFO Hall of Fame in Roswell, N.M.
    Stanton Friedman is survived by his wife of 44 years, Marilyn. (Submitted/Melissa Friedman)

Marden said he remained firm in his conviction that aliens exist and have visited our planet because he had "more than ample evidence."

"He doubted everything until he had the evidence," she said. "He was skeptical himself.

"Once he had the evidence and it was not just speculation — it was confirmatory evidence — he went with it."
    'Trying to lift the laughter curtain'

In a 2011 interview with CBC News, Friedman said most people agree with him once they hear the evidence.

"Despite the false claims of a small group of nasty, noisy negativists, most people accept ET reality even though they think most others don't," he said.

"I check my audiences and find at the end of my lecture that about 10 per cent of the attendees have had a sighting. But 90 per cent didn't report it because of a fear of ridicule.

"I am trying to lift the laughter curtain."

UFOlogist getting hometown honour for alien pursuits

His work was celebrated in New Brunswick, and the City of Fredericton declared Aug. 27, 2007, Stanton Friedman Day.

Friedman, who was born in New Jersey and had dual citizenship, lived in Fredericton with his wife of 44 years, Marilyn, mother to Melissa Friedman. He also had three children from a previous marriage.

Funeral arrangements have yet to be made.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...dead-1.5135588
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Met him once when he was on the lecture circuit. Dr. J. Allen Hynek - whose Center for UFO Studies I was affiliated with a field investigator and researcher back in the day - did not regard Stanton as falling in the same category as others like Jacques Vallee or Allen Hendry.

Those were fun days though.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

I've listened to him on Coast-to-Coast. Interesting guy.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    I've listened to him on Coast-to-Coast. Interesting guy.
    Same here. Might try later to see if can find any You Tubes of him. First time I heard him, he was being interviewed by Art Bell. As you said, he was a very interesting man. Obviously not just some nut. May he RIP !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

These UFO guys sure were/are persistent. I also recall many long nights of him with Art Bell telling preposterous but entertaining fireside stories. Stanton Friedman was a master.

I wonder what Ufologists, cryptobiologists and paranormal types use for sightings and excuses these days, when nearly every person on the planet has a camera permanently installed on their body in the form of a cell phone. Not seen any convincing pics of either UFO's, aliens, Moth Man, Shadow Men, ghosts, chupacabras or Sasquatch in the past ten years or so. You'd think somebody...somewhere? Go figger.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
    Met him once when he was on the lecture circuit. Dr. J. Allen Hynek - whose Center for UFO Studies I was affiliated with a field investigator and researcher back in the day - did not regard Stanton as falling in the same category as others like Jacques Vallee or Allen Hendry.

RR
    RR, what does that mean? I'm not familiar with those names. Does that mean he wasn't a kook and they were, or the opposite?

Also, given you used to work in the field, what are your conclusions about UFOs, and why?

I know some of the recent fighter pilot footage is just mindblowing!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Stanton was not regarded as a legit researcher but rather of the XT mindset. Dr. Hynek was leaning heavily to the interdimensional theories, as close as he would come to the angels and demons angle. I was with the XT crowd myself but after spending enough time hanging around CUFOS and the folks there, and then attending the Fate Magazine conference in Chicago in June "77 and meeting so many of the big names in person (Betty Hill, Gray Barker, Kenneth Arnold and umpteen others) my faith began to waver. Too many groupies, not enough serious science.

Betty Hill was a whack job by that time. I am not exaggerating when I estimate that she chain-smoked 3 packs of cigs just after dinner while telling stories to all who would listen. She claimed cigarette smoke kept the greys at bay like garlic to vampires.

I left the field in the late 70's/early 80's. We had plenty of cameras back then as well but the great majority of photos were fakes. I investigated two landing sites - one several years old and the other less than 24 hours. Nada, zippo, zilch. Tried to interview witnesses who were too scared to talk, and others who came across as attention seeking and little else.

I gave away about 150 books later though I still have drawers full of files. Pretty sure everything is well declassified now but I really ought to use the shredder on a bunch just to be sure. Tired of hauling it around for the past few decades but never got around to going through and sorting.

My conclusion is that the XT theory doesn't hold water for a large variety of reasons. Just because things seem to defy the laws of physics doesn't mean we are properly interpreting them. I can't think of anything so intriguing on Planet Earth that dozens of alien societies would waste their efforts on faster-than-light drives just to came play gay games with us (anal probing, don't-ya-know).

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Because I have never seen an alien craft piloted by an alien, all I can speculate upon is that UFO technology exists in the form of unidentified advanced anti-gravity craft of unknown origins.

Origins...

If 2019 technology is creating multi-mile long subterranean magnetic racetracks that are splitting the smallest bits of matter without black-hole’ing the planet; then I would wager it is safe to say that the inability of interacting and overcoming earths gravity is a shell game of psyop’s for public con-sumption.

Combustion rocket technology for thrust. That’s just to keep the masses reality buckled into the asphalt frontier.

Captain Kirk to Enterprise. Houston, we have a problem. Do you understand the dilemma in recognizing the Forrest for the trees among the smoke and mirrors?

Late night radio is a gee-golly psyop for the most part.

RR. I am old enough to have attended Gabriel Green’s Los Angeles speech/conference when he was a write-in candidate for President, 1960. Flying Saucer Party. I belonged to the Pasadena chapter of “Understanding.” Knew Dan Frye and a bunch of those who stated that they were abducted or contacted. Later, I came to a much different opinion regarding what had happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post

RR

Could you elaborate for those of us who know nothing about the UFO community please.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I already did.You are welcome.

As far as Parable is concerned, I came to the conclusion decades go that Daniel Frye and others were delusional well before I began to be employed in the mental health field.

RR

Reddit AustereMedicine/

So do you believe there is a reasonable non XT explanation for something like the recent videos from fighter jets?
    Such as:
    https://youtu.be/3RlbqOl_4NA
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Couldn't resist.
    Attached Images
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

The good ole days

Ah, the good ole days of Art Bell interviewing Stanton on Coast to Coast back in the 1990's. I still miss Art, nobody did it better than he did: part entertainer, part snake oil salesman, part information, and part science.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

I was just thinking about Art Bell. I'm in the market for a portable shortwave radio and his Late night shows promoted them. I just watched a show where Stanton Friedman was interviewed. I liked his on-air personality. I do believe that the UFO thing is a big door of deception.