Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SNOWFLAKE Chick-fil-A voted to be booted from campus by Cal Poly, Trinity University for alleged 'anti-LGBTQ' views
+ Reply to Thread

Chick-fil-A voted to be booted from campus by Cal Poly, Trinity University for alleged 'anti-LGBTQ' views

Chick-fil-A voted to be booted from campus by Cal Poly, Trinity University for alleged 'anti-LGBTQ' views
    Janine Puhak
    5-7 minutes

Some faculty and students California Polytechnic State University and Trinity University apparently don’t want to "eat mor chikin" and are pushing for the removal of Chick-fil-A locations from their respective college campuses regarding the company’s alleged "anti-LGBTQ" views. In the last six months, the fast food chain was barred from opening up shop at one New Jersey university and two airports over similar concerns regarding the LGBTQ community.

On May 7, faculty members of Cal Poly's Academic Senate “overwhelmingly” voted to boot Chick-fil-A from the San Luis Obispo school, The Tribune reports.

"[Cal Poly's] values statement includes language that identifies LGBTQ as a classification of individuals that we want to embrace in our diversity and inclusion model,” senate vice-chair Thomas Gutierrez said of the initiative. "Then you have an organization that regularly and publicly shows up in the national news in great tension with this...so if you have a mission statement that indicates that you value inclusivity and diversity, then you should be making your business decisions based on that."

In response, university spokesman Matt Lazier said that to oust Chick-fil-A “would be its own form of censorship and intolerance.” As per the Tribune, the fast food chain “won’t likely close soon.”

“While university administration passionately disagrees with the values of some of the organizations the president of Chick-fil-A has chosen to make personal donations to, we do not believe in responding to intolerance with intolerance,” Lazier told the Tribune of the faculty vote. “Inclusion means upholding the rights of others to have different perspectives and ensuring there is space in our community for differing viewpoints and ideologies, even those that may be in direct conflict with our own.”

Likewise, on May 8, reps for the Student Government Associationat Trinity University voted to kick the chicken-centric chain out of the college’s food court, KSAT reports.

Student senator Claire Carlson cited the company's million-dollar donations to anti-LGBTQ organizations and CEO Dan Cathy's previous "problematic" comments on same-sex marriage as fair grounds for the measure.

“Obviously [Chick-fil-A] has the potential to make a lot of people feel uncomfortable on campus, and also it looks really bad for Trinity in the context of recruiting potential students who may be a part of the LGBTQ community,” Carlson told school newspaper the Trinitonian of the fast food chain’s presence at the school, in a larger sense.

Moving forward, it remains to be determined how officials with the San Antonio college will respond to the student government’s campaign, as per KSAT.

Reps for Chick-fil-A did not immediately return Fox News’ request on the news regarding the votes that could potentially lead to the closure of the fast food chain’s locations at Cal Poly and Trinity University.

In similar headlines, in March, the chicken-centric chain was banned from opening up shop in both San Antonio International Airport and Buffalo Niagara International Airport earlier this year over the company’s “legacy” and “rhetoric” of anti-LGBTQ views.

That same month, Think Progress published tax documents revealing that in 2017, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave over $1.8 million in charitable donations to some organizations that have come under scrutiny regarding their stance on LGBTQ issues.

Over $1.65 million of that contribution was given to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which writes in an online “Statement of Faith” that it believes “marriage is exclusively the union of one man and one woman,” and believes “sexual intimacy” should only be expressed “within [that] context,” CBS News reports.

When contacted for comment, reps for Chick-fil-A told Fox News that the San Antonio airport ban was "the first we heard” of the protest and its approval by the city council.

“We would still welcome the opportunity to have a thoughtful dialogue with the city council and plan to reach out to them. It’s unfortunate that mischaracterizations of our brand have led to decisions like this,” a spokesperson said.

According to New York Upstate, the Texas attorney general has since opened an investigation regarding whether the city of San Antonio “violated Chick-fil-A’s religious liberty” in their controversial decision.

At the time, reps for the company did not return Fox News’ request for comment on news of the Buffalo airport ban.

Likewise, in November 2018, Rider University made headlines for turning down a student body survey that voted to bring Chick-fil-A to campus as a new fast-food option, citing concerns over the company’s attitudes toward the LGBTQ community.

The chain pushed back against the university's characterization, saying the restaurant is merely providing food and doesn't have any agenda.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/c...ti-lgbtq-views

Y'know, for a UNIVERSITY they don't do real research for decisions any more.

REAL research would have shown C-FA to be one of THE prime employers of LGBTQEIEIO workers in the industry.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

"[Cal Poly's] values statement includes language that identifies LGBTQ as a classification of individuals that we want to embrace in our diversity and inclusion model,”

But we DON'T want to embrace the majority CIS gendered population, and prefer instead to cater exclusively to a minor percentage of the total population. Therefore we will not object if our public funding is cut by, oh, say 95% and we get written out of wills and endowments all over the country.

I hope the restaurant can find space across the street from campus and keep on doing what they do.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

REAL research would have shown C-FA to be one of THE prime employers of LGBTQEIEIO workers in the industry.
    I swear these people are idiots, or this decision is being made by those who truly hate LGBTQ and KNOW that C-FA is the number one employer of LGBTQ's in the industry and secretly want to get rid of them...
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    "[Cal Poly's] values statement includes language that identifies LGBTQ as a classification of individuals that we want to embrace in our diversity and inclusion model,”

But we DON'T want to embrace the majority CIS gendered population, and prefer instead to cater exclusively to a minor percentage of the total population. Therefore we will not object if our public funding is cut by, oh, say 95% and we get written out of wills and endowments all over the country.

I hope the restaurant can find space across the street from campus and keep on doing what they do.
    The one that was in the Memorial Union here, and it was there for well over a decade, lost their lease they the MU did the remodel, and conveniently forgot to renew said lease. Now they're on a busy intersection and the place is always hammered with customers!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Meh....just wish one were near me. Closest is about 15 miles. I’m craving their food.

If you haven't purged your life of leftists, do so today. To them, you are the enemy and must be destroyed.

Let 'em close the Chick Fil A's on those campuses. I'm sure there are more "healthy" alternatives to their chicken. Not.

When I was little my dad drove a cab. He used to take me to the original Dwarf House in Hapeville, across from the Ford plant. I remember the workers from the plant would literally drown the place on lunch and dinner breaks. This was in 1968-69, I was 4, almost 5. The ethnic mix was just that-diverse as could be. Blacks, Mexican workers, I remember one guy from India (A Sikh) because he had a really cool turban on his head. Cool to a 4 year old at least. Nobody ever got turned away from his place, everyone was welcome. There may have been gay folks there, I don't know. The thing was, in the deep south, in the 60's when the Klan had a large presence in the area, but Truett Cathy didn't care. EVERYBODY deserves good barnyard bird.
    Chick Fil A always has followed Christian principles, they hate the sin but love the sinner, they used to give away bible stories in their kids meals. They aren't afraid to stand up for their principles and have been incredibly successful as a result. Everyone seeems to really like Chick Fil A; every one of them in the northern VA area ALWAYS has a dirve through line wrapped once or twice around the building.

Same here, Alfaman. It doesn’t matter how many universities or airports kick them out; Chik Fil-A will keep on growing and thriving, and their polite, well-spoken, friendly employees will keep serving the best fast food in the country.

Same here, Alfaman. It doesnít matter how many universities or airports kick them out; Chik Fil-A will keep on growing and thriving, and their polite, well-spoken, friendly employees will keep serving the best fast food in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    Same here, Alfaman. It doesn’t matter how many universities or airports kick them out; Chik Fil-A will keep on growing and thriving, and their polite, well-spoken, friendly employees will keep serving the best fast food in the country.
    Agreed, and the bathrooms are always clean!

And BTW - that's DEMOCKRASY for you!
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Clean ain't the word for their bathrooms. Hospital operating room clean is what they are. And here they even have little bottles of mouthwash in them; which is a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Agreed, and the bathrooms are always clean!

it is a display of ignorance, hate and intolerance on their part
    the things that they accuse the "right" of
    they will be known by their actions more so than their words

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I swear these people are idiots, or this decision is being made by those who truly hate LGBTQ and KNOW that C-FA is the number one employer of LGBTQ's in the industry and secretly want to get rid of them...
    The above is a surprise to me.

I have never seen a flamer or even a strange multicolored hair, body art employee in any of their stores I have patronized. I don't want such folks handling my food. I avoid businesses that employee them or others undesirable to my tastes.

I haven't found my dining impacted negatively in any way to date.

The reality is that Chick-fil-a is not anti whatever. They are just not PRO whatever. All citizens are equal. Some are just more equal than others. Lordy......
    My Mate Winston

Chick-fil-A should simply "boycott the boycotters".

This writer likes Chick-Fil-A, but bemoans how they have caved in to critics. MMJ

https://newswithviews.com/why-are-th...ick-fil-a-now/

Why Are They Bashing Chick-Fil-A Now?
    May 11, 2019 Read More Articles by Allan Wall

Chick-fil-A is a very successful fast food chain which sells chicken sandwiches. I personally think their sandwiches are very good, as do many others.

Yet, in the past decade, Chick-fil-A has been under fire by purveyors of the Radical Gay Agenda and its followers.

I’ve written about this twice before, in two previous News with Views articles:
    Chick-fil-A Versus the Radical Gay Agenda (August 2012) and Chick-fil-A Chickens Out (September 2014).

How did a chicken sandwich fast food franchise enrage the Homosexual Lobby?

In 2012 Chick-fil-A was at the center of a media firestorm involving the powerful gay lobby, which has much clout in today’s society.

The restaurant chain, owned by the devout Baptist Cathy family, did not refuse to serve gay customers, nor did it fire employees for being gay, nor has the company supported violence against homosexuals?

So what was the big deal?

Chick-fil-A through its charitable arm known as the WinShape Foundation, had donated money to several organizations which oppose gay marriage and the Radical Gay Agenda. This made the company a target.

When interviewed by Baptist Press, Chick-fil-A, President Dan Cathy affirmed that “We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit.”

In a later talk show interview, Mr. Cathy stated that “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage’. I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”

Dan Cathy, by his donations and comments, had dared oppose the Radical Gay Agenda.

When these donations and statements were noised abroad to the general public, the radical gay activists and supporters went into a tizzy. There were calls for protests and boycotts against the company, other companies broke ties with Chick-fil-A and city governments tried to prevent them from opening stores in their municipalities.

On the other hand, some notable individuals spoke up for Chick-fil-A. Even the American Civil Liberties Union defended the company’s right to free speech. Mitt Romney, however, then the GOP candidate for president, refused to defend Chick-fil-A even on free speech grounds. Romney later lost the election.

Grassroots supporters of Chick-fil-A found a great way to support the company. On August 1st, 2012, Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, thousands of supporters showed up at Chick-fil-A restaurants to support the company by buying its products.

The company enjoyed record-breaking sales. An average Chick-fil-A restaurant had 29.9 percent more sales than usual, and 367 more customers than on a typical Wednesday business day.

It was a great victory for freedom of speech and a great show of support for Chick-fil-A. It showed that social conservatives too could use the economic weapon.

But even before Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, the company was already beginning to backpedal.

In July of 2012, a month before the Appreciation Day, a company statement said that “Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

In September of 2012, a month after Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, a pressure group called “The Civil Rights Agenda” had already reported that Chick-fil-A “ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) civil rights.”

By March 2014, the company’s tax reports indicated that Chick-fil-A had indeed stopped donating funds to all the organizations that the Gay Agenda groups had objected to, with one exception – the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, which the same-sex promoters consider anti-gay. In that same month, Dan Cathy expressed his regrets for having brought his company into the controversy.

To summarize, Dan Cathy of Chick-fil-A opposed same-sex marriage, stood up for traditional marriage and was attacked. Grassroots supporters turned out to support the company, and Chick-fil-A profited. Rather than follow up on that victory, Chick-fil-A chickened out and surrendered to the Same-Sex Marriage Agenda.

And that’s what the gay lobby activists wanted all along.

When it came to high-profile support for traditional marriage, Chick-fil-A chickened out.

But that wasn’t the end of it. Now, in 2019, even though the company chickened out, Chick-fil-A is under attack again. And there’s a lesson there.

Here’s how Think Progress reports it: “Chick-fil-A has taken great pains to downplay its anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and giving, seven years into a national boycott by LGBTQ and allied diners. But contrary to the company’s latest claims that it has no political or social agenda, newly released tax filings show that, in 2017, the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave more than $1.8 million to a trio of groups with a record of anti-LGBTQ discrimination.” (Click here for article link).

So, according to Think Progress, as of 2017, the Chick-fil-A foundation was giving money to “a trio of groups with a record of anti-LGBTQ discrimination”.

According to Think Progress: “The donations — $1,653,416 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, $6,000 to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, and $150,000 to the Salvation Army — actually represent a slight increase from the previous year. The foundation’s funding comes almost entirely from the corporate treasury and shares leadership with the company.”

OK, now we at least have concrete organizations. Let’s look at what each has done:

The Salvation Army, reports Think Progress, “has a long record of opposing legal protections for LGBTQ Americans and at the time of the donations had a written policy of merely complying with local ‘relevant employment laws.’ “ But then Think Progress reports that “The organization’s website has since changed to indicate a national policy of non-discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.” So does that mean that the Left will no longer complain about Chick-fil-A giving to the Salvation Army?
    The Paul Anderson youth home, says Think Progress, ”… teaches boys that homosexuality is wrong and that same-sex marriage is ‘rage against Jesus Christ and His values.’ Later the same article reports that sometime in 2017 the Chick-fil-A Foundation decided not to donate to the Paul Anderson Youth Home anymore. Does that mean the Left will leave them alone about that?
    FCA “Fellowship of Christian Athletes”, says Think Progress, “…is a religious organization that seeks to spread an anti-LGBTQ message to college athletes and requires a strict ‘sexual purity’ policy for its employees that bars any ‘homosexual acts.’ In other words, the FCA upholds Christian morality. And Think Progress calls that discriminatory.

It’s also interesting to point out that Chick-fil-A tries to sound politically correct when defending itself. For example, read this statement (also quoted in Think Progress): “We have never donated with the purpose of supporting a social or political agenda. There are 140,000 people – black,white; gay, straight; Christian, non-Christian – who represent Chick-fil-A. We are the sum of many experiences, but what we all have in common is a commitment to providing great food, genuine hospitality, and a welcoming environment to all our guests.”

To summarize, Chick-fil-A was attacked in 2012 for supporting organizations opposed to homosexuality. Even though they were supported by many customers, Chick-fil-A chickened out and bowed to pressure.

But that didn’t help them. Now there is a new wave of criticism. Because now, simply to donate to an organization that supports Christian morality is controversial enough.

This is the direction in which our country is headed.

© 2019 NWV – All Rights Reserved

E-Mail Allan Wall: allanwall39@gmail.com

3 NEW LOCATIONS IN LAS VEGAS

And one is close to my house- well not as far as the one I go to now is. I'm excited!

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) ó Canít get enough Chick-fil-A? Well, it just may be getting easier to find one near you in the Las Vegas valley.

Chick-fil-A, Inc. has confirmed that plans are in the works for three new locations around town, including one on the Strip near Planet Hollywood.

The three new locations will be at Las Vegas Boulevard and Harmon Avenue, Flamingo Road and Valley View Boulevard and W. Charleston Boulevard and S. Fort Apache Road.

These are in addition to the four existing Chick-fil-A restaurants located at 460 N. Stephanie Street, N. Rainbow Boulevard, 2480 S. Rancho Drive and 9925 S. Eastern Avenue.

Chick-fil-A, Inc. said in a statement, ďWe look forward to the opportunity to continue serving guests in the Las Vegas valley with delicious food in an environment of genuine hospitality.

The new Strip location is expected to be open in late 2019.

Information on when the other two locations are expected to open was not immediately available.

During the last Chick-Fil-A opening in the valley, hundreds of locals camped in line for days for the chance to win free food.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/three...s-vegas-valley
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

There is a Chick Fil A in Sherman Texas. I was there for a Dr appt today and since I like their sandwiches I thought I would stop buy at about 1:00 pm. They were packed with no parking available and 2 drive through lanes backed up with about 10 cars in each lane. I decided to pass and went to IHOP instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dvo View Post
    Meh....just wish one were near me. Closest is about 15 miles. I’m craving their food.
    It's about 30 for me. They have excellent chicken, but it's hard to justify about an hour's round trip for chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    Let 'em close the Chick Fil A's on those campuses. I'm sure there are more "healthy" alternatives to their chicken. Not.

When I was little my dad drove a cab. He used to take me to the original Dwarf House in Hapeville, across from the Ford plant. I remember the workers from the plant would literally drown the place on lunch and dinner breaks. This was in 1968-69, I was 4, almost 5. The ethnic mix was just that-diverse as could be. Blacks, Mexican workers, I remember one guy from India (A Sikh) because he had a really cool turban on his head. Cool to a 4 year old at least. Nobody ever got turned away from his place, everyone was welcome. There may have been gay folks there, I don't know. The thing was, in the deep south, in the 60's when the Klan had a large presence in the area, but Truett Cathy didn't care. EVERYBODY deserves good barnyard bird.
    Chick Fil A always has followed Christian principles, they hate the sin but love the sinner, they used to give away bible stories in their kids meals. They aren't afraid to stand up for their principles and have been incredibly successful as a result. Everyone seeems to really like Chick Fil A; every one of them in the northern VA area ALWAYS has a dirve through line wrapped once or twice around the building.
    The CFA closest to me always does a MASSIVE amount of business, even with many other dining choices nearby. They'll survive dang near anything.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'