Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WAR Kushner's peace plan 'includes land swaps with Saudi Arabia,' book claims
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kushner's peace plan 'includes land swaps with Saudi Arabia,' book claims

If he can pull this off, Nobel Prizes for the table.
    Land might divert the herd of angry cats into farming, though now they would need education.
    So the Pals get a chunk of Jordan, Jordan gets a chunk of SA, SA gets a pipeline and a chance to make more money without messy uncertain wars, Israel gets the Palis off their ass. This is a sketchy summary of the swaps and players that could be involved.
    But any effort for some realistic peace will be strongly opposed by the fat cats who are, and have been, making bundles of money from the war.
    It is negotiable, not hate rhetoric .
    There are specific questions that can be asked and answered...Will Jordan give land to the Palis and get land from the Saudis? Will the Saudis give land to Jordan and get a pipeline/port/refinery in return?
    The proposal in still in its infancy, but is still better than the present mindless policy of blowing away each others pawns(sons, fathers..) like has been happening since 1947.
    Even the Irish abjured stupidity and found they can work together.
    So the plan has a chance.
    SS

' Kushner's peace plan 'includes land swaps with Saudi Arabia,' book claims
    A draft of the plan included an oil pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Gaza, according to newly released 'Kushner, Inc.'
    By Amy Spiro
    March 20, 2019 00:38

White House senior adviser Jared Kushner’s Middle East peace plan at one point included Jordan giving land to the Palestinian territories and in return getting land from Saudi Arabia, according to a new book on the Kushner family.

The book, Kushner, Inc.: Greed. Ambition. Corruption. The Extraordinary Story of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, was written by Vicky Ward and released by St. Martin’s Press on Tuesday. The book’s 300 pages detail Jared and Ivanka’s path to involvement in every aspect of White House affairs and their alleged designs to use their influence for personal gain.
    Ward cites “multiple people who saw drafts of the plan” created by Kushner that would involve not just Israel and the Palestinians but also Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates.

“What Kushner wanted... was for the Saudis and Emiratis to provide economic assistance to the Palestinians,” Ward wrote. “There were plans for an oil pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Gaza, where refineries and a shipping terminal could be built. The profits would create desalination plants, where Palestinians could find work, addressing the high unemployment rate.”

Ward said that the plan also included land swaps, where Jordan would give land to the Palestinian territories, and “in return, Jordan would get land from Saudi Arabia, and that country would get back two Red Sea islands it gave Egypt to administer in 1950.”

Jason Greenblatt, the White House's Mideast envoy, tweeted late Wednesday that the book's claims about Kushner's peace plan are false.

"No one who has seen the plan would spread misinformation like that," he tweeted. "Whoever made these claims has bad info."

Sorry Amy. No one who has seen the plan would spread misinformation like that. Whoever made these claims has bad info. Next time feel free to reach out to us before you run with a story. A lot of people are sharing false info with the press now for bad reasons. https://t.co/6QMxuwvpmG
    — Jason D. Greenblatt (@jdgreenblatt45) March 19, 2019

Speaking to Sky News Arabia, while in Warsaw last month, Kushner said the White House plan – expected to be presented sometime after the April 9 election in Israel – would focus on border issues.

Kushner said the plan was both political and economic, and is “really about establishing borders and resolving final-status issues... The plan will have a broad economic impact, not only on Israel and the Palestinians, but on the entire region as well.” The senior adviser to the president, who is also his son-in-law, added that the plan will have a large impact on the entire region, including Jordan, Egypt and Lebanon.

In November 2018, Mike Evans – a Christian Evangelical Zionist and founder of the Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem – wrote an op-ed in The Jerusalem Post touting a plan to create a Saudi and European-funded desalination plant to provide clean water to Gaza.

“Over the past 30 days, I have presented a new plan to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el Sisi, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Trump administration officials and European Union leaders, all of whom have received it with great enthusiasm,” Evans wrote last year. “The plan is based around a simple idea: Establish an Israeli desalination plant, built on Israeli land, funded by Saudi Arabia, the Europeans and others, that provides clean water to Gaza.”

Evans said he hoped “the administration would not make this a part of the peace plan,” and said the plant should be on Israeli or Egyptian land. “When I presented the project to the crown prince, I told him that Jared Kushner was studying it,” Evans wrote in November. “He said if Kushner was interested he should contact him.”

The Ward book, published by St. Martin’s Press, emphasizes multiple times that Israel was one of the only issues on the Trump campaign trail that deeply interested Kushner.

In September 2016, Netanyahu met with then-candidate Trump, Steve Bannon and Kushner in Trump Tower on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

“In that conversation,” Ward wrote, “Trump let Kushner jump in, because US-Israel relations was the one political issue anyone in the campaign ever saw Kushner get worked up about. ‘On the Israel stuff, Jared at least comes across like he knows what he’s talking about,’ said someone who was at the meeting.”

Ward also claimed that a source in J Street said there was a rumor Kushner had sought to delay the move of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem until he could begin negotiating his peace deal.

The book also details Kushner’s clashes with then-secretary of state Rex Tillerson over Israel and negotiations with the Palestinians.

“Kushner took the Middle East from Tillerson’s portfolio,” Ward wrote. “‘I want Israel,’ is how he put it, according to a former Tillerson aide... Tillerson, a former Boy Scout, tried to work with Kushner because he thought it was the right thing to do.”

https://www.jpost.com//Middle-East/K...-claims-583932
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

I'm NOT sayin' ,that Jared is some kind of savior or savant. I'm ALSO not saying that I have the intellectual horsepower to solve the particular Gordian Knot he has set himself to solve.

But DAMMIT SOME GUY has to come in from the shade at the wall in Left Field, next to the statues and markers (if ya knew Yankee Stadium in tha olde daze ya'd unnerstan) and offer up something that is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (Monty Python should now play in yer head) and gobsmack EVERY SWINGING RICHARD involved (and more than one or two swinging Tinas) WITH A completely out of the box "SOLUTION" THAT SATISFIES none OF THE "Fat Cats" LIVING OFF THE SUFFERING of SEVERAL PEOPLES!!!

NOTHING says he ain't the one. He's reasonably intelligent, has contacts that I could only DREAM of having, and is creative enough to set this together. HELL he's likely enough of a Con Man to actually SELL something like this to the rubes in the sand.

Problem is, some of the "Rubes" ……………. ain't.

Abdullah II ain't a rube. He's sharp enough to be a successful Snake Driver, AND to survive what passes for "politics" in the friggin sand dunes.

The rest of the "Rubes" ain't PRECISELY "Rubes", given that THEY TOO have survived "Politics in the Sand" which tends top be a Blood Sport, where losers lose more than just THEIR lives.

Will be fun to watch whatever actually makes it into ANY press.

IMHO, while I view Kushner and his dealings in the middle east with great trepidation, I don't see this book as any more than another hit piece. I read an interview with the author and she made a great point on how she was an "investigative reporter" and she had interview 122 people for this book... 118 multiple times...

Big deal.

If you interviewed Joe the janitor 65 times does that make your book credible? What you have is a bunch of hearsay by people that may or may not be in the loop.

In other words... You have a book of gossip.

Great...

I can't get THAT anywhere else, can I?
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Whether this is a hit piece on Kushner or not, I still don't trust him and his ME Plan. In my way of thinking, he could have a Peace Plan that will "dazzle" the world by the time it's all said and done. Now, who signs to confirm the Plan/Covenant is still up in the air, though. Maybe Kushner, may be someone else. Will keep on watching.

My distrust of Jared Kushner has nothing to do with the fact that he is Trump's SIL. He could be on someone else's team, and it would make no difference to me. So, don't think I don't like or distrust him because of his link with Trump. I've been accused of that, BTW.
    Sherree

And this ISN'T a plan that will make God so mad He destroys large parts of the US? I keep hearing that's a possibility.

I have heard of another "peace plan", Israel gets the West Bank, the Pals get a piece of the Sinai (from Egypt) to connect with Gaza.

This Palestinian state would be more economically doable.

NW

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    And this ISN'T a plan that will make God so mad He destroys large parts of the US? I keep hearing that's a possibility.

Are you thinking of God, because of US involvement, splitting the US in half if this peace plan divides the land of Israel again? That's just speculation on some's part. Who knows? Then, maybe, I'm not understanding what you mean?
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Are you thinking of God, because of US involvement, splitting the US in half if this peace plan divides the land of Israel again? That's just speculation on some's part. Who knows? Then, maybe, I'm not understanding what you mean?
    I keep hearing that if Israel agrees to any kind of plan that involves giving land to the Palestinians, then God will take it out on the US for "talking them into it." Something about "If you split the land I will split your land." Could just be woo like you suggest, but I've heard it often enough to wonder if it's a thing.

I keep hearing that if Israel agrees to any kind of plan that involves giving land to the Palestinians, then God will take it out on the US for "talking them into it." Something about "If you split the land I will split your land." Could just be woo like you suggest, but I've heard it often enough to wonder if it's a thing.
    Yes, I think we're talking about the same idea. I've heard that, too, but I wouldn't say that it's a fact. Others here might disagree, since there seems to be some biblical justification for it. I'm just not sure, myself, though.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Yes, I think we're talking about the same idea. I've heard that, too, but I wouldn't say that it's a fact. Others here might disagree, since there seems to be some biblical justification for it. I'm just not sure, myself, though.
    Neither am I. It doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface; if Israel agrees to give away land, why punish the US? ISRAEL gave away the land! But then a lot of things happen without making much sense to me, so I know that's not a prerequisite to those things happening anyway.

Neither am I. It doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface; if Israel agrees to give away land, why punish the US? ISRAEL gave away the land! But then a lot of things happen without making much sense to me, so I know that's not a prerequisite to those things happening anyway.
    I understand what you're saying. I believe that God has enough justification to destroy the US over our own (nation as a whole) sins, whether we force anyone else to sin or not.
    Sherree

There is likely less than 20 people on earth who know the plan.
    Everyone else is guessing.
    Less typing, more prepping.

White House: Trump to host Netanyahu in Washington next week US President Donald Trump will host Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House next week, Trump’s spokeswoman says.

A working meeting will be held on Monday, with a dinner for the two leaders on Tuesday, according to a statement from Sarah Sanders.

“The president and the prime minister will discuss their countries’ shared interests and actions in the Middle East,” she says.

The visit will come three weeks before Israel’s national election.

The announcement shortly after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo landed in Israel for talks with Netanyahu that is seen as a bid to help Netanyahu’s election campaign.https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...ton-next-week/

Benjamin Netanyahu to visit White House next week ahead of peace plan unveiling March 20, 2019 12:25 PM

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will visit the White House next week for two days of meetings with President Trump as the Trump administration prepares to release a Mideast peace plan.

The visit was announced with less than a week of notice, and will feature a "working meeting" on Monday and a presidential dinner Tuesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

Trump and Netanyahu "will discuss their countries’ shared interests and actions in the Middle East," Sanders said.

Netanyahu's trip to Washington coincides with the Trump administration's plan to release an ambitious peace proposal between Israel and the Palestinians. The announcement could happen as early as next month.

Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner is leading efforts to broker a long-elusive deal. Kushner said last month the proposal would be unveiled after Israel's legislative election on April 9.

According to the book Kushner, Inc., which was released Tuesday, multiple people aware of a draft peace plan said it features proposed land swaps, with visions to transfer some Jordanian land to a Palestinian state, with Saudi Arabia reimbursing Jordan with some of its own land.

Kushner has a long-standing relationship with Netanyahu, who faces politically damaging allegations of corruption in Israel. The Israeli leader reportedly slept in Kushner's childhood bed during visits to the home of his father Charles Kushner, a billionaire real estate developer. Kushner reportedly slept in the basement when Netanyahu took his room.

Israel's attorney general said in late February that his office plans to indict Netanyahu on bribery and fraud charges. Associating himself with Trump could help Netanyahu in a multiparty election next month, as Trump enjoys very high approval ratings in Israel. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...plan-unveiling

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    White House: Trump to host Netanyahu in Washington next week US President Donald Trump will host Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House next week, Trump’s spokeswoman says.

A working meeting will be held on Monday, with a dinner for the two leaders on Tuesday, according to a statement from Sarah Sanders.

“The president and the prime minister will discuss their countries’ shared interests and actions in the Middle East,” she says.

The visit will come three weeks before Israel’s national election.

The announcement shortly after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo landed in Israel for talks with Netanyahu that is seen as a bid to help Netanyahu’s election campaign.https://www.timesofisrael.com/livebl...ton-next-week/
    I wonder what happens to the Plan if Bibi loses his election? Will someone else be elected that will embrace the Plan under any and all circumstances? A push-over politician, in other words?
    Sherree

Daniel 9:27
    And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

And somehow the same people who believe they can vote their way out of this, think they can pray their way out of that, too.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

☰ The jerusalem post

Arab-Israeli Conflict17:05 | 03/20/19
    KUWAIT SAYS U.S. MIDEAST PEACE PLAN SHOULD WEIGH REGIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
    By REUTERS

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo shakes hands with Kuwait's Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Sabah in Kuwait, March 20, 2019. (photo credit:" JIM YOUNG/REUTERS)
    "We hope the plan will take into account the situation in the region and all the relevant parties," Sheikh Sabah Khaled al-Sabah told a joint press conference with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

KUWAIT - Kuwait's foreign minister said on Wednesday that a long-awaited US peace proposal for the Middle East should be acceptable to all stakeholders and factor in regional considerations.

US President Donald Trump's special adviser Jared Kushner visited several Gulf Arab states last month - but not Kuwait - to seek support from Arab leaders on the economic portion of the proposal that Trump is expected to unveil in the coming months.

Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, has given a broad outline of the plan, saying it would address final-status issues of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including establishing borders.

"We hope the plan will take into account the situation in the region and all the relevant parties," Sheikh Sabah Khaled al-Sabah told a joint news conference with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

"We believe the strong relationship between the United States and several countries will lead to an acceptable resolution to all parties and to reaching a political solution that has been long waited for."

Kuwait currently holds a non-permanent seat in the U.N. Security Council, where it has championed the Palestinian cause.

Pompeo is on a regional tour that will also take him to Israel and Lebanon.

The foreign minister of Kuwait said he had also discussed with Pompeo a Gulf dispute that has fractured the Gulf Arab bloc, as well as Syria, Iran, Iraq and Yemen.

The United States and Kuwait have been trying to mediate in the bitter row that has seen Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and non-Gulf state Egypt impose a political and economic boycott on Qatar since June 2017 over allegations it supports terrorism. Doha denies the charges.

"We are all working to find a solution. It's not in the best interest of the region, not in the best interest of the world. We need Gulf countries all working together on the complex set of challenges that face each of them," Pompeo said.

Sheik Sabah said "there is no option" other than for the dispute to be resolved.

The United States, an ally of the six-nation Gulf bloc, has said that regional unity is essential for a planned Middle East Strategic Alliance that would serve as a bulwark against Iran.
    Qatar is home to a major US airbase and Kuwait also hosts US troops. Pompeo said his talks on Wednesday also focused on enhancing defense and cybersecurity cooperation with Kuwait.

Tags
    Peace process kuwait Mike Pompeo Trump's peace plan

Popular In the Community
    Copyright 2017 Jpost Inc.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ARyNv4&ampcf=1

Joel 3

“For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it. “What are you to me, O Tyre and Sidon, and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying me back for something? If you are paying me back, I will return your payment on your own head swiftly and speedily. For you have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried my rich treasures into your temples
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Zechariah 12:3 (KJV) “And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Pompeo: All faiths will have ‘something to say’ on forthcoming peace plan
    March 19, 2019

(RNS) — U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended his department’s decision to drop the word “occupation” from its description of the Golan Heights and Palestinian territories and said people of all faiths will have “something to say” about the Israeli-Palestinian peace plan the White House is expected to announce after Israel’s elections in two weeks.

Pompeo’s remarks came Monday (March 18) during a phone briefing with a small group of media outlets as he was leaving for a five-day trip to Beirut, Jerusalem and Kuwait City.

The secretary of state said his trip will include “different missions, different places.”

But in each place, Pompeo said the agenda will be “very focused on not only the security aspects of the relationship between our countries and the economic aspect but also the challenges we face from radical Islamic terrorism in the region and working to promote religious tolerance in each of those places as well.”

The briefing caused controversy after a member of the State Department press corps reportedly was invited to take part in the call and then disinvited after being told the call was limited to “faith-based media.”

While it was not clear which outlets were part of the call, questions were asked by Religion News Service, Jewish Telegraphic Agency, Algemeiner, World Magazine and The Leaven, the newspaper of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. America Magazine also participated in the call. Participants were not told that the call was limited to faith-based media.

(Religion News Service is not a faith-based media organization, but rather a secular news service that covers religion, spirituality and ethics.)

Pompeo’s trip comes a week after the State Department released its Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2018 with no mention of “occupation” in regards to the Golan Heights and Palestinian territories.

Instead, with the exception of direct quotes, the report referred to the “Israeli-controlled Golan Heights” and “areas under (Israel’s) control.”

That’s a departure from past human rights reports, according to The Jerusalem Post. Last year, the department had described the areas as “occupied” by Israel, it said. And two years ago, the State Department changed the heading from “Israel and The Occupied Territories” to “Israel, Golan Heights, West Bank and Gaza,” it said.

Pompeo said Monday the language in the most recent report “most accurately reflects the facts.”

The human rights report is not a policy document, he said.

“It simply documents human rights abuses around the world and attempts to provide a baseline upon which not only here in the United States but countries all around the world can measure their own performance and the performance of others,” Pompeo said. “And so the language we chose to use there was a result of our determination that most factually represented the reality on the ground.”

Israel took the Golan Heights from Syria in the Six-Day War in 1967 and annexed it in 1981, a move that has not been recognized internationally. It has occupied the West Bank since 1967 and withdrew from Gaza in 2005.

Just last week, U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina, visited the Golan Heights with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“I will start an effort to recognize the Golan as part of the State of Israel now and forever,” Graham said during his trip, according to CNN.

Pompeo declined to comment on his schedule. When asked if he would mention or visit the Golan Heights during his visit, he said, “I’m not going to foreshadow the remarks that I’ll make while I’m there.”

The secretary of state also would not say whether he would meet with Netanyahu challenger Benny Gantz during his visit, which comes just before Israel’s April 9 elections.

Several prominent conservative evangelical Christians recently tweeted they met with White House Special Representative for International Negotiations Jason Greenblatt for a listening session on the Israeli-Palestinian peace plan that U.S. President Trump’s senior Middle East adviser — his son-in-law, Jared Kushner — has said will be unveiled after Israel’s elections

Pompeo said he couldn’t comment on what the White House did, but that officials were working to make sure a “broad base of people have an understanding of the plan as we will present it.”

“As an evangelical Christian myself, I’ve always understood the centrality of that place. I think many evangelical leaders believe that as well,” he said.

People of all Abrahamic faith traditions — Jews, Christians and Muslims — “value Jerusalem,” the secretary of state said. The United States formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in December 2017 and moved its embassy to the city in May 2018.

“And so I’m confident that when the administration is thinking about how it is we might finally achieve the Middle East peace that the world has been demanding for decades, I think persons of all faiths … will have something to say about the plan and whether it makes sense,” Pompeo said. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1553246579267

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    U.S. preparing official document on recognising Israeli sovereignty... Golan heights

U.S. preparing official document on recognising Israeli sovereignty...
    uk.reuters.com
    12:51 PM · Mar 22, 2019 ·https://t.co/f7TGLWFKzO

LBCI Lebanon News EN
    @LBCI_News_EN
    #US officials working on official document on US recognition of #Israeli sovereignty of #Golan Heights, likely to be signed by #Trump during visit of Israeli leader next week - senior administration official
    12:04 PM · Mar 22, 2019 ·

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    Syria condemns Trump’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty on Golan - DEBKAfile

Syria condemns Trump’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty on Golan - DEBKAfile
    debka.com
    11:38 AM · Mar 22, 2019 ·https://t.co/HiJK78UDAI

So, will the announcement include "We have achieved peace in our time?"
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    So, will the announcement include "We have achieved peace in our time?"
    This could be the spark that ignites the middle east

I am literally expecting a 'uge bait and switch. Trump had already said that Israel will have to give something up because they were given the embassy in Jerusalem, and now I bet he is going to say that they really owe now.

The "art of the (peace) deal" ties in with prophecy, big-time.

Doubt the Arabs are interested in any land swapping...its The Temple Mount, Western Wall, other Holy sites, Jerusalem and all of Israel that they want. And the Israelis want the PLO to change their Charter. Won't happen. Neither side will agree to these things. Its like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic!
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    I am literally expecting a 'uge bait and switch. Trump had already said that Israel will have to give something up because they were given the embassy in Jerusalem, and now I bet he is going to say that they really owe now.

The "art of the (peace) deal" ties in with prophecy, big-time.
    I have been seeing rumors that the US recognition of Golan is part of the concessions in the deal... Golan to Israel means something else Israel will need to give up.

Makes sense if you think of it strictly as a business deal...
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I have been seeing rumors that the US recognition of Golan is part of the concessions in the deal... Golan to Israel means something else Israel will need to give up.

Makes sense if you think of it strictly as a business deal...
    It seems like a boon to Israel, and not at all like a concession. Whatever the FUSA thinks, who cares? The 1967 gig made it official.

I don't think of it as a business deal, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    It seems like a boon to Israel, and not at all like a concession. Whatever the FUSA thinks, who cares? The 1967 gig made it official.

I don't think of it as a business deal, I guess.
    It SEEMS like a boon but what will they be expected to give in return...

If I was the Israeli public, I sure would like to see this "deal" BEFORE the elections, not after.

I would think that the "Peace plan" should be a major topic of debate for the candidates and, quite literally, the most important thing that the Jewish people could be voting for?

That is exactly my point: there will have to be a trade-off...Trump will say. What is there to gain: "recognition" of a long ago done deal is just lip service, or just a futile grasping at straws to say, "see, look what we done."

Because the embassy was moved to Jerusalem, that in itself is the reason Trump stated that Israel will have to give something up, and I am thinking: divide the land...which is a BIG NO-NO in God's Eyes.

As for the elections, I believe that they are probably rigged, like FUSA was...ok, is.

oh boy here We go

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    Pompeo’s VIDEO Shows ‘Third Temple’ Model, Sparks Fears Over Biblical End Times: (link: https://sputniknews.com/world/201903...-temple-model/) sputniknews.com/world/20190323… via
    @SputnikInt

Pompeo’s VIDEO Shows ‘Third Temple’ Model, Sparks Fears Over Biblical End Times
    sputniknews.com
    1:12 PM · Mar 23, 2019 ·
    https://t.co/yNXXrAA3Wa

I will have to watch the video later...I am glad that I do not fear the end times, what I am creeped out about is the stuff that is transpiring in these times, including all of the deception and lies and what is leading up to the Tribulation.

Pompeo says 'it's possible' Trump was sent to save the Jewish people https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._6Zle8Vgxg-Ikp

I really fear that if Israel claims Golan, there will be war. Syria has threatened as much.

Just because Israel won the 6 day war, and claimed the Golan Hts., according to what I've read, it is not lawfully their property...I understood the article to say that it is against international law for them to claim it as its property.

Up to now, the Golan Hts. has been referred to as "occupied territory" by everyone. Israel is now deciding it wants it to be referred to as their territory, not "occupied territory."

We won the war with Iraq, but we aren't claiming it as one of our States.

If Syria has threatened war if the Golan Hts. are claimed by Israel, Syria must be pretty sure it will have backing from Russia....and, I suspect, Iran. They would be formidable foes.

Do we really want to back Israel's desire for the Golan Hts. enough to send our boys and girls to fight Israel's war? I 'm sure that Trump would be willing, since he's such close friends with Netanyahu.I for one, do not wish for my draft aged grandson to be called up for such a reason.

When the Muslim invaders took over the Middle East, the land was Christian, until the Moslems killed or enslaved most ot them.
    There is no legitamate Moslem claim to the Golan Heights.
    Syria has volumes of threats against Jews et al. It is a tenet of their religion.
    Isreal, by reconquest, has the Golan already.
    Trump and Kushner are pushing for peace, trying to find a way.
    The negotiation, if there is one, is just starting.
    Israel, for one part of its contribution, will not obliterate Syria, Iran and Russia.
    SS
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Pompeo says Trump peace plan will discard old ‘parameters’ US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo suggested Wednesday that an upcoming US peace plan would break with longstanding understandings on issues such as Jerusalem and Israeli settlements, saying the old approach had failed.

US President Donald Trump’s administration is expected to present an outline of an Israeli-Palestinian peace plan shortly after Israel’s April 9 election, although the Palestinian Authority has rejected US mediation over Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

“I’m very confident that what was tried before failed, and I’m optimistic that what we’re doing will give us a better likelihood that we’ll achieve the outcomes that would be better for both the people of Israel and the Palestinian people as well,” Pompeo said as he testified before the House Appropriations Committee’s State, Foreign Operations and Related Programs Subcommittee about his department’s 2020 budget request.

Pompeo repeatedly demurred when the committee’s Democratic chairwoman, Nita Lowey, asked him if the Trump administration stood by the decades-old US position in support of a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.

Pompeo said the United States wanted to “broaden the debate,” when asked if a peace deal would focus as in the past on establishing borders, mutual recognition and the status of Jerusalem, Jewish settlements in the West Bank and Palestinian refugees.

“Those are the parameters that were largely at hand in the discussions before and they led us where we are today — no resolution,” Pompeo said.

The US plan will be “grounded in the facts on the ground and a realistic assessment of what would get us a good outcome,” he said.

The Trump administration has rallied behind Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the veteran right-winger faces a tough election.

Since taking office, Trump has moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, closed the Palestinians’ office in Washington, pulled the United States from UN bodies accused of anti-Israel bias and cut off funding for the UN agency that provides schooling and other services to Palestinian refugees.

Representative David Price, a Democrat, questioned the approach, sarcastically asking Pompeo if the Palestinians should feel “grateful.”

“This is the path forward, you’re confident, to totally marginalize and alienate the Palestinian side?” Price said.

Speaking this week before the US pro-Israel lobby AIPAC, the US ambassador in Jerusalem, David Friedman, said Trump was pushing a peace plan because it would meet Israel’s goals.

Friedman said the Trump administration understood that Israel faced an “existential threat” if it gave up security control of the West Bank.

“Can we leave this to an administration that may not understand that in the Middle East, peace comes through strength, not just through words on a paper?” he asked. https://www.timesofisrael.com/pompeo...ld-parameters/

Top UAE Official Urges Arab Openness to Israel, Days After Blasting Golan RecognitionA two-state solution will no longer be feasible because a sort of reduced rump (Palestinian) state will no longer be practical,' UAE's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs said, according to The National Relations between Arab states and Israel need to shift to help progress toward peace with the Palestinians, a senior United Arab Emirates official was quoted on Thursday as saying.

The decision by many Arab countries not to talk with Israel has complicated finding a solution over the decades, UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash said, according to Abu Dhabi-based daily The National.

"Many, many years ago, when there was an Arab decision not to have contact with Israel, that was a very, very wrong decision, looking back," Gargash said, in unusually candid remarks.

"Because clearly, you have to really dissect and divide between having a political issue and keeping your lines of communication open."

His comments came after the UAE and other Gulf states criticized U.S. President Donald Trump's recognition this week of Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, a strategic plateau captured from Syria in a 1967 war. https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...rael-1.7064472