Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Nigerian Scam letter from TD Bank in London Ontario
+ Reply to Thread

19 Nigerian Scam letter from TD Bank in London Ontario

Does anyone know of an agency that cares about Nigerian Scam letters? The reason I ask is because we received one and it is so well done it is scary. It says is from an accounts manager at TD Bank, 215 Oxford St, London, Ontario and he has been monitoring an account for 3 years of a guy (with the same last name as ours) who passed away and no one has claimed the $47,500,000.00 in his investment account. He is reaching out to us to see if we want to claim the money and, of course, split it with him.

The overall scam is the same but the presentation is so well done that it could easily fool people into believing that it is real. All of the wording, spelling and grammar is good and at first reading sounds legit. I looked up the bank on line and yes there is a TD Bank in London Ontario but their address is 1215 Oxford not 215 Oxford.

I didn't even notice until the second reading that the guy in the letter first says his name is David Jackson but in the rest of the letter he says his name is Steve Anderson.

This just really bothers me because I have elderly in-laws that could easily be taken in by this fraud and I wish there was somewhere I could report it and they would track this creep down. I even called the bank fraud hotline and they basically said just throw it away. They don't give a shit about this stuff.

There is a lot of info here that could get this guy at least maybe for mail fruad. It was sent as paid postage lettermail #4576659 from an address on the 6th Floor, 703 Evans Ave, Etobicoke, ON M9C 5E9.

It just makes me angry that they won't even try to stop these schemes.

ETA:
    Just found a letter online almost identical to the one we got but from a Michael Burlington in Ontario.
    https://me.me/i/private-confidential...67754d34d1edaa

Most big companies have an email address you can send them to. Usually spoof@companyname.com.
    Don't expect any real resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Most big companies have an email address you can send them to. Usually spoof@companyname.com.
    Don't expect any real resolution.
    fedex doesn't have a .. spoof@fedex.com

sent them 2 yesterday

each got return to sender

I do know my rbc bank, has a spoof email

and amazon

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post
    fedex doesn't have a .. spoof@fedex.com

sent them 2 yesterday

each got return to sender

I do know my rbc bank, has a spoof email

and amazon
    abuse@company.com is another common email for reporting spam/spoofing/phishing
    "The entire human race are neither my brothers nor kin. There is nothing noble about non-discrimination - concepts such as love, trust and brotherhood lose all meaning when discrimination is removed."

First, nothing will be done. These things are worldwide in scope and pretty much impossible to prosecute.

Second, any time any correspondence references millions of dollars, it’s BY DEFINITION a scam.

Third, GREED is what makes people, regardless of age, go for these things.

Fourth, you’d be far better served to educate your “elderly in-laws” (and give them the letter as an example).