Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Will God protect those that bunker?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    I think you missed what I was trying to say, so I will go deeper into what I see. When I first started prepping I believed in the rapture and I started prepping for why2kay. Many people thought there would be severe problems, ended up being a nothing to awful bad thing. Many people started prepping in that time many before. But my thoughts which I have a bad time expressing as I hate to type were this. Many on this board prep for the coming tribulation times, meaning many believe they will go through the tribulation. Many prep and believe they will be raptured out of here. Now do not get me wrong it is good to put back and have for a rainy day because we have all gone through some pretty hard times or better times in our life and used up some of our stores. I believe that one should have a place of refuge to go to if it hits the fan.

But for the christians here the new testament clearly states when the son of man will come in 2 places in matthew and in mark. And if they are prepping for the tribulation I understand. But for those who believe that they will be raptured out of here I do not understand why the bother unless its to leave food and goods for those that won't be going with them.

We can talk all day long about what the mark is. SS number credit card those that worship on sunday. There are so many things we could say to make it sound like anything we wanted. And we could question all day long have we already taken the mark to comply with the .gov. But with out the mark you will not be able to buy and sell or trade. Pay your water bill, car payment, house payment, anything. So that leaves me with saying to those who are going to be raptured out of here why bother? Unless it is to prep for a bad day.
    It may not be a true statement that most Christians here on this board are prepping for the Tribulation. My worldview is Christian and the only "prep" I am doing for that is spiritual and relational in nature.

I do believe that God gives us very sound advice to prepare during the good times because bad times are always coming at some point; however, those bad times aren't exclusive to the Tribulation (capital T) but can include tribulations (lower case t). Weather, fire, geologic, financial … on and on … are the types of physical situations that are used as examples on why to prepare. He even gives us advice on how to deal with familial tribulations like a child leaving or a wayward child returning (prodigal son); like a unfaithful spouse (Hosea's wife).

Yes, our relationship with our Creator is the most important and fundamental prep, but the Word also mentions food, home, family, etc. I also believe He gives that advice to those that don't have a Christian worldview, like the dream of 7 fat cows and 7 skinny cows. The dream wasn't one dreamed by Jacob, he was the dream's interpreter.

Bottom line … keep your relationship with the Creator healthy. Keep your ears and eyes open. And use the commonsense the Creator gifted us with. We are all appointed to die at some point. Stop worrying about that point and understand the time you live before the date you die is going to determine where you wind up.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

Quote Originally Posted by willowlady View Post
    Originally posted by Stanb999

I completely disagree with this perspective. "Ye have not because ye ask not." The NT is replete with instructions to ask the Father for what we need, even what we want. Further, I cannot count the times I have seen God intervene.
    What about all the ignored prayers for the children with cancer? Were they unworthy
    The churches destroyed by weather.. Did they not pray?
    Simple things like a volcano killing thousands of birds. Why?
    Lightening striking a forest.. Was god pissed at that particular tree?

Nope, If Yahweh can intervene and doesn't it's evil. If it can't it's not omnipotent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanb999 View Post
    What about all the ignored prayers for the children with cancer? Were they unworthy
    The churches destroyed by weather.. Did they not pray?
    Simple things like a volcano killing thousands of birds. Why?
    Lightening striking a forest.. Was god pissed at that particular tree?

Nope, If Yahweh can intervene and doesn't it's evil. If it can't it's not omnipotent.
    Of course, you could look at that all another way.

The prayers for children with cancer weren't ignored; God wanted them with Him, not down here. And what did those children's deaths cause? A renewed focus away from things of this world? A reminder of the hope we all have--or should have--in Christ?

The churches destroyed by weather prayed, sure enough. But those churches were taken down anyway. Now new ones can emerge in their place, with a spirit of faith that the resources will be found to build them.

Volcanoes kill thousands of birds, but God knows when every one dies. Even said as much.
    Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

Lightning striking a forest. God wasn't pissed at a tree, but a tree that burns down clears part of the canopy so smaller trees can get sunlight. Ash is also a fertilizer, and a burned tree sure makes ash.

God can intervene, and does. When He doesn't, there's a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanb999 View Post
    Therefore the rub. God causes all things to happen...even the bad things but it's for a far greater future purpose that is hidden to most eyes. Evil and sin are temporary and they are necessary evils if you want to put it that way. Christians will say that they love the scriptures but the truth is they love some scriptures and usually those that agree with their orthodoxy. One has to look at the whole counsel of God and not just a part. Few Christians know that scriptures such as these are in their bibles as it's one of the uncomfortable ones that doesn't line up with what we already believe.

IS 45:7
    “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

How about another?

Amos 3:6
    “Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?”

Ouch!!

Ergo the sovereignty of God. But it confuses people because after all God is love, isn't he? I could list dozens of scriptures to this. So aren't these scriptures contradictions? No they're not and it has nothing to do with a fanciful free will. It's been said in this thread that God doesn't intervene. That isn't so. It's not that he doesn't intervene but he causes! It's a matter of perspective. From our perspective when we consider all the evil and sins in the world we can question the goodness and love of God. But from God's perspective of eternity he is creating many sons and daughters and that necessitates that we have to go through and endure many evils in this life.

If this life was all that their is I'd be tempted to agree that God is unjust in the way that he subjects us to many trials and evils. He created us with all of our faults and shortcomings. Even Jesus Christ had to endure many things while he was in his flesh. Was God unjust for subjecting him to all his trials? Certainly not. If Christ had to overcome evils [even though he was without sin] then lessor beings such as ourselves also have to overcome many different evils. However, resurrections are coming and God has a great plan for humanity and his overall creation which he has formed for his own purpose. And he does answer prayer but sometimes that answer is no, other times the answer is yes and still other times the answer is wait. When Jesus prayed it was always that his father's will be done and not his own. If God causes you to pray for something according to his express foreknowledge your prayers will always be answered.

I look at it this way to sum it all up. God knows what he's doing and I don't. If there was a better way to accomplish his plans for me and his creation as a whole he would do it that way. Despite the sicknesses, violence and miseries of this world it's for a far greater purpose. I trust that and rest in that.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html