Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


GOV/MIL Will God protect those that bunker?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida.
    Posts
    530

    Will God protect those that bunker?

    Many times, many threads posted of personal protection against future events, some invoking the Bible.
    The question is, will God protect those that bunker,self fulfilled, or will such be made an example of?
    The wrestle is daily for each of us.
    Although a poll would be interesting, the poll would only show ideals that exist beforehand.
    Strong belief that those that planned, will fall first.
    Faith in God perseveres,faith in ones ill begotten plans , ie faith in oneself,will die.
    have a good day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    37,981
    Depends if the government knows about your bunker and has a recored of it, this info is shared with various government agencies and the defense department and FEMA views a 100+ year old root cellar as a fortification.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    172,768
    God protects the worthy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    SWMO
    Posts
    1,794
    Fixed emplacements are a monument to the stupidity of man
    WARNING!!!

    My use of pronouns will offend faggots, the mentally ill, and the gender confused.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    16,943
    If God wants you alive, a tarp is foolproof bunker enough. If God wants you dead, the strongest bunker won't help.

    Will God protect those that bunker? If He's so inclined.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    L.os A.ngeles B.asin
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by GammaRat View Post
    Fixed emplacements are a monument to the stupidity of man
    I concur. Yet, a goodfallout shelter is invaluable should the radionuclides come a drifting your way. The idea is to time it relative to the phase of inhospitable fallout levels, and those safer levels prior to the parachutes opening in your A/O.

    Stock it with several cases of wine and whiskey, and break it out on a birthday when unicorns are free range in North Korea, Venezuela, Nicaragua, and the Proggie Hinterlands of The Peoples Republics.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    172,768
    BN is correct.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Strafford County NH
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    God protects the worthy.
    Not always. By all accounts Job was pretty worthy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Posts
    172,768
    He was a special case.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    cornfield county
    Posts
    8,205

    6 well all depends,

    Fixed emplacements are a monument to the stupidity of man
    if its in the relm of warfare, quite possibly,

    but if its being used for when a tornado runs over you, or for protection from fallout from canned sunshine, it will be a monument to the person who had the foresight to build the thing,
    If heaven is gained by merit your dog will get in before you¯ Mark Twain

    ."so, what are your plans to take away guns from the criminals?"

    .If LE and the Gov can’t disarm bad guys now, what makes them think they can just because another law is passed.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    16,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    BN is correct.
    Thanks, but it's also important to note that we're not to tempt the Lord our God, so it's best to build as strong as you can make. THEN you trust God to handle the rest of the job. At least, that's how I figure it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    5,925
    doesnt it really depend on what God is telling each of us to do? some people he tells them to stay where they are, some he tells them to move, some to do this and others to do that.

    the key is, are we listening, paying attention to what He wants US to do or are we doing what we think we should do, acting out of fear? if we are where He wants us to be and we are doing what He wants us to be doing, then nothing else matters.

    we are not supposed to survive the end times.

    i know to alot of preppers that is heresy but it is the truth. surviving is not the #1 goal. of course we are supposed to pay attention to the times and the wise folks start prpeeing for hard times, that is common sense. we are supposed to witness the Truth of Christ and explain whats going on, be a help to others thru the end times and be faithful til we die or He returns. we keep on keeping on, every day, every step, just like the christians trying to survive in syria, china, nkorea, muslim nations, we keep the faith unto death. our turn just has not come yet..

    not saying its easy, especially if we have family. but we have to trust and believe that the Living God loves our wife, husband, sons, daughters, parents, siblings, grandchildren MORE than we ever can and KNOWS what is best for them thru the coming mess.
    i confess to having trouble with that at times and tend to keep telling the Lord what He needs to be doing with my kids.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

    Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    The gret stet o' Virginny
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    If God wants you alive, a tarp is foolproof bunker enough. If God wants you dead, the strongest bunker won't help.

    Will God protect those that bunker? If He's so inclined.
    I'm with ya, dear BN
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Eubank, Ky
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    doesnt it really depend on what God is telling each of us to do? some people he tells them to stay where they are, some he tells them to move, some to do this and others to do that.

    the key is, are we listening, paying attention to what He wants US to do or are we doing what we think we should do, acting out of fear? if we are where He wants us to be and we are doing what He wants us to be doing, then nothing else matters.

    we are not supposed to survive the end times.

    i know to alot of preppers that is heresy but it is the truth. surviving is not the #1 goal. of course we are supposed to pay attention to the times and the wise folks start prpeeing for hard times, that is common sense. we are supposed to witness the Truth of Christ and explain whats going on, be a help to others thru the end times and be faithful til we die or He returns. we keep on keeping on, every day, every step, just like the christians trying to survive in syria, china, nkorea, muslim nations, we keep the faith unto death. our turn just has not come yet..

    not saying its easy, especially if we have family. but we have to trust and believe that the Living God loves our wife, husband, sons, daughters, parents, siblings, grandchildren MORE than we ever can and KNOWS what is best for them thru the coming mess.
    i confess to having trouble with that at times and tend to keep telling the Lord what He needs to be doing with my kids.
    This post is so right.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    L.os A.ngeles B.asin
    Posts
    12,415
    The most vivid dream of my life was in 1986.

    I was in the countryside with rolling hills of waist high dry grasses.

    There was a concreted outbuilding like the type you see protecting electronic equipment hard wired to a grid power station.

    There was incoming meteors pockmarking the landscape, a few every square 1/4 mile.

    Its funny the OP mentions ‘faith & bunkers’ in this thread.

    In my dream I grabbed a person by the arm who was running towards the concrete power bunker. I told him, ‘all you have to do is believe.’

    He broke lose of my grip, and sprinted into the bunker... Others let him in...

    BOOM! A 70-100 pound glowing meteor blew the outbuilding into rubble.

    I tell myself it was a symbolic dream. Symbolic except for the type of faith required. I never looked up in the dream. I walked away in faith.

    Today I look up when I pray. Not looking for incoming, but for His return.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    yankee baptist land
    Posts
    17,406
    I have a root cellar that we use every year. It would be essential in a hurricane/ tornado, but we don’t have many of them here in Maine. But we do live in a forest and it would be crucial if that caught fire, since we live on a dead end dirt road. Other than that, we could be caught off at church 15 miles away when the nukes fall, or quakes drop all the bridges. Or pick up a plague virus while out buying some food. It is ALL up to God. In the meantime we grow as much of our food as we can, cut our own fire wood, conserve our well water. And try to be resourceful and reliable if family or friends or neighbors need help.

    A bunker/root cellar is only going to be valuable for surviving winters or some natural disasters. Not likely to help if the neighbors turn into starving cannibals....
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

    COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    30,035
    Quote Originally Posted by L.A.B. View Post
    The most vivid dream of my life was in 1986.

    I was in the countryside with rolling hills of waist high dry grasses.

    There was a concreted outbuilding like the type you see protecting electronic equipment hard wired to a grid power station.

    There was incoming meteors pockmarking the landscape, a few every square 1/4 mile.

    Its funny the OP mentions ‘faith & bunkers’ in this thread.

    In my dream I grabbed a person by the arm who was running towards the concrete power bunker. I told him, ‘all you have to do is believe.’

    He broke lose of my grip, and sprinted into the bunker... Others let him in...

    BOOM! A 70-100 pound glowing meteor blew the outbuilding into rubble.

    I tell myself it was a symbolic dream. Symbolic except for the type of faith required. I never looked up in the dream. I walked away in faith.

    Today I look up when I pray. Not looking for incoming, but for His return.
    I've had a dream so realistic that I woke up in absolute panic, disoriented and thinking I was still in the "dream"---twice.

    Once when Obama first got elected, 2nd time when he got re-elected.

    I believe both times were visions / warnings.

    I dreamed I was in my basement, doing our twice-annual clean-up/sweep-out and freezer-defrosting---which we do in the early Spring and again in the Fall.

    In the dream, the leaves were off the trees and it was still cool outside, so could have been either one.

    In the dream, I went outside to throw some of the freezer-ice outside, and noticed odd "dots" high up in the sky---hundred of black "dots" floating slowly down.

    As they came closer to the ground, I realized they were paratroopers floating slowly down on parachutes.

    About the same time I realized this, I heard, just up the street from my house (but out of my line of sight) the sound of heavy machinery--like large trucks (tanks?) and the sound of a loudspeaker instructing people in the houses up the street that "inspections of homes for contraband" was going on and not to resist.

    I realized immediately that they were looking for things like guns and extra stored food--and that possession of such would make me "guilty" in their eyes of possession of "contraband".

    I rushed back into the basement, full of panic, and berating myself that I hadn't insisted to my husband that we save and bury that old refrigerator of ours that conked out to hide food in under the crawlspace of the basement---too late now! I at first thought of trying to quickly hide the stored food somewhere--anywhere--but realized I had no time.

    I heard the voices and marching footsteps of the soldiers approaching ever closer....

    and finally in total panic just climbed up into the dark crawlspace myself and hid behind some furniture we have stored up there---even through I knew they most likely had infrared instruments and would soon find me.

    I lay crouched there, in the dark, my heart pounding so hard I was sure I'd have a heart attack or faint--and the voices and steps drew nearer---

    ---and I woke up.


    ...

    And no, I have been told that this scenario resembles "Red Dawn"---but up until then and up to now, I still have never seen that movie.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,217
    The fat cows and the skinny cows in the Bible story is enough to teach us to put things back during good times so they will be there during the bad times.

    On the other hand, physical death isn't necessarily a punishment but can be a release and a reward.

    God's protection takes many forms and not all of them have anything to do with living to a ripe old age on this planet. Innocents die every day. And none of us are worthy … only covered by Grace, by His worthiness.

    I think you need to look at it as a stewardship issue. God puts things into our hands to steward … protect, nurture, etc. So long as our "bunker" isn't built as a monument to our pride and arrogance then there isn't a problem with it because we are doing it to protect and care for what has been put into our hands. Our family, tribe, etc. But it should always come with the understanding that God's Will, not mine.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

    "Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    32,888
    If you were inspired to build a bunker and utilize it at the right time,

    that's proof of somebody looking out for you.


    It wasn't raining when Noah started on the boat...and all that.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

    Member: Nowski Brigade

    Deplorable


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    If you were inspired to build a bunker and utilize it at the right time,

    that's proof of somebody looking out for you.
    Ah, very good Millwright, the reason some prep? Because the bible tells them that someday things would come to a point where you will not be able to buy or sale unless you take the mark? But then many people believe they will be raptured out of here, so why prep?

    Not directed at you but to bring more discussion to the thread.

    And then you have others who believe the rapture will not occur or occur at a different time and prepare for whats coming.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    16,943
    Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    Ah, very good Millwright, the reason some prep? Because the bible tells them that someday things would come to a point where you will not be able to buy or sale unless you take the mark? But then many people believe they will be raptured out of here, so why prep?

    Not directed at you but to bring more discussion to the thread.

    And then you have others who believe the rapture will not occur or occur at a different time and prepare for whats coming.
    Strikes me that the two don't need to be mutually exclusive. Things will come to a point where people will be unable to buy or sell without the mark.

    But that doesn't necessarily mean that Christians will be around for it.

    But then why put a warning about it in the Bible, a book only Christians would read, let alone take seriously?

    Maybe it's in there as an explanation for the world post-rapture, along with all the things that those who are still around will need to know, like martyrdom as salvation.

    There are a lot of possibilities, which is why Christians have been debating this topic for centuries.

    There's also a possibility that your preps aren't for you.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    W. Georgia
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    The fat cows and the skinny cows in the Bible story is enough to teach us to put things back during good times so they will be there during the bad times.

    On the other hand, physical death isn't necessarily a punishment but can be a release and a reward.

    God's protection takes many forms and not all of them have anything to do with living to a ripe old age on this planet. Innocents die every day. And none of us are worthy … only covered by Grace, by His worthiness.

    I think you need to look at it as a stewardship issue. God puts things into our hands to steward … protect, nurture, etc. So long as our "bunker" isn't built as a monument to our pride and arrogance then there isn't a problem with it because we are doing it to protect and care for what has been put into our hands. Our family, tribe, etc. But it should always come with the understanding that God's Will, not mine.
    Well said! Even if the sun doesn't shine for awhile people still need to eat.

  23. #23
    What's that saying...? A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there? Some days, this earth doesn't even seem much of a vacation spot.

    But, I try to be obedient, meet whatever darkness the day brings with joy, hope, love and compassion...because that is what I ve heard him whisper to me about what he expects of me. The deepest security and peace i have ever found have come from my relationship with him

    That doesn't mean that he has protected me, nor do I expect that to change any time soon. I've still been called to shed my tears, my blood, and spend time bruised, battered and utterly beaten. Too much of that ole stubborn MO ass is in my DNA, and as often as not it's been my own fault he had to use the rock hard 2x4 upside my head before I got the message.

    So to answer the question, i would say the point isn't will you be protected. The point is, or rather, the question is:. Will you be obedient? Listen to what he directs you to do, then do it. His purposes are not our purposes, and your life is one of the things least worth saving.

    Your future will find you, regardless of how many zigs and zags it has to take to do so. All IMO, and worth what you've paid for it.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    1 tank of fuel from potential chaos
    Posts
    3,755
    There's also a possibility that your preps aren't for you.

    The condition of the heart and the attitude is important.
    A 25 year shelf-life is stretching my normal time-line. (A 50 year roof warranty is funny at my age)

    If God has given the burden that a bunker is needed, and the other obviously more important items are covered first, proceed.

    We could do a whole thread on just "the bunker mentality" and God's overall plan for believers.

    ETA: I just thought of a friend from church. I've heard him say "I don't worry about saving for retirement, God will take care of me". New truck every couple of years. Newest campers and ATVs. There is zero wrong with that in and of itself. Doubtful he has one week's worth of food. The mere mention of a bunker to him would create derision and a huge laugh nearly as loud as a lawnmower. Great guy. Deacon. Somebody may be storing some extra for him. God may provide for him and his. God may impress on me to help him in a time of trouble. It would take a "burning bush" or "writing on a wall" to influence me to think that was God's will. just sayin
    Last edited by Luddite; 03-18-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maidenhead
    Posts
    29,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    If God wants you alive, a tarp is foolproof bunker enough. If God wants you dead, the strongest bunker won't help.

    Will God protect those that bunker? If He's so inclined.
    God is sovereign and man is not. Before we were even born God knew every detail of our lives including the date and time of our demise. There is nothing we can do to change what God already knows must be! However, since we do not have this kind of knowledge we do what we can with what we've got in every facet of our lives. Ergo, I exercise, eat right and do all sorts of health supplements. Will any of these guarantee me a longer life or a healthy life? Absolutely not. However, God can choose to use any of the things that I do in order to provide these things for me at his discretion and his alone. So in my viewpoint I do all that I can and what I think are the responsible moves to make in every area of life and the results in the end are up to God and him alone.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    If God wants you alive, a tarp is foolproof bunker enough. If God wants you dead, the strongest bunker won't help.

    Will God protect those that bunker? If He's so inclined.
    Yep... I was going to say if you believe, after fasting and prayer, that you are supposed to built a bunker, He may include protection as part of whatever His plan for you (and the bunker) is. Then again, His plan might be for an earlier trip "Home" for you, and for the bunker to serve as shelter for some other desperate human.

    We're never going to know ahead of time! Read His word, stay in close communication with Him as you seek His will, and Trust His Plan!

    Summerthyme

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    The fat cows and the skinny cows in the Bible story is enough to teach us to put things back during good times so they will be there during the bad times.

    On the other hand, physical death isn't necessarily a punishment but can be a release and a reward.

    God's protection takes many forms and not all of them have anything to do with living to a ripe old age on this planet. Innocents die every day. And none of us are worthy … only covered by Grace, by His worthiness.

    I think you need to look at it as a stewardship issue. God puts things into our hands to steward … protect, nurture, etc. So long as our "bunker" isn't built as a monument to our pride and arrogance then there isn't a problem with it because we are doing it to protect and care for what has been put into our hands. Our family, tribe, etc. But it should always come with the understanding that God's Will, not mine.
    Kathy,
    Although I don’t post much I have missed your posts and glad I caught this one this morning and know you are still around and well (I hope).

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Many times, many threads posted of personal protection against future events, some invoking the Bible.
    The question is, will God protect those that bunker,self fulfilled, or will such be made an example of?
    The wrestle is daily for each of us.
    Although a poll would be interesting, the poll would only show ideals that exist beforehand.
    Strong belief that those that planned, will fall first.
    Faith in God perseveres,faith in ones ill begotten plans , ie faith in oneself,will die.
    have a good day.
    God tells fathers to provide as best he can and understands for himself, his wife and family.

    Then having done all he can to stand and trust in God to guide you.

    So it isn't testing God, it is doing what he has commanded us to do which is all we can.

    If you fail to provide that bunker the question is have you done all you can? Each needs to answer that question.

    The old granny women always said: God helps those who help themselves.
    Dosadi

    III


    My family & clan are my country.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    3,474
    All throughout the Bible there are examples and verses about preparing in the good times to see us through the bad. So, in my mind it's biblical to prepare. Now, will God protect only the man who has the means to build and stock a bunker to survive, and leave the poor man to fend for himself? Absolutely not! God wants each of us to do what he leads us to do as individuals whether we have a little or a lot, then trust him for the rest. The rich man will have to rely on God just as the poor man does, maybe just in different ways. God is no respecter of persons, and he knows each of our limitations.
    Sherree

  30. #30
    The Christian god isn't an "active" one. So it would make little difference. He doesn't intervene.. In fact it could be construed that asking for god to change his will is being like a petulant child. Just accept his will and be on with it.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern Born
    Posts
    4,395
    God will protect those who believe in HIM, those who have faith.

    Wishing won't get it done. Nor will crying all those tears. FAITH.
    [COLOR="red"]I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    — Robert Heinlein
    [/COLOR]

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida.
    Posts
    530
    wow!!
    Was wonderful reading the comments, and so totally agree with each of you.
    Both enlightening , and at the same time washed with a feeling of gratitude to be with Americans at this exciting juncture of time.
    I am sure God knows who is meant when my TB family is prayed for.
    In God I Trust.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    5,240
    Originally posted by Stanb999
    The Christian god isn't an "active" one. So it would make little difference. He doesn't intervene.. In fact it could be construed that asking for god to change his will is being like a petulant child. Just accept his will and be on with it.
    I completely disagree with this perspective. "Ye have not because ye ask not." The NT is replete with instructions to ask the Father for what we need, even what we want. Further, I cannot count the times I have seen God intervene.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Top of the smoldering heap
    Posts
    1,058
    The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
    Proverbs 22:3

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    9,504
    Two boats and a helicopter.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    If God wants you alive, a tarp is foolproof bunker enough. If God wants you dead, the strongest bunker won't help.

    Will God protect those that bunker? If He's so inclined.
    If He's so inclined

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    doesnt it really depend on what God is telling each of us to do? some people he tells them to stay where they are, some he tells them to move, some to do this and others to do that.

    the key is, are we listening, paying attention to what He wants US to do or are we doing what we think we should do, acting out of fear? if we are where He wants us to be and we are doing what He wants us to be doing, then nothing else matters.

    we are not supposed to survive the end times.

    i know to alot of preppers that is heresy but it is the truth. surviving is not the #1 goal. of course we are supposed to pay attention to the times and the wise folks start prpeeing for hard times, that is common sense. we are supposed to witness the Truth of Christ and explain whats going on, be a help to others thru the end times and be faithful til we die or He returns. we keep on keeping on, every day, every step, just like the christians trying to survive in syria, china, nkorea, muslim nations, we keep the faith unto death. our turn just has not come yet..

    not saying its easy, especially if we have family. but we have to trust and believe that the Living God loves our wife, husband, sons, daughters, parents, siblings, grandchildren MORE than we ever can and KNOWS what is best for them thru the coming mess.
    i confess to having trouble with that at times and tend to keep telling the Lord what He needs to be doing with my kids.
    Doesn't he tell us all what we should be doing and how we should be doing it? If you say yes should we all be acting and doing the same way instead of contrary for some and not others. Should we all be doing what we think we are being led to do that doesn't match what his word says?
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Strikes me that the two don't need to be mutually exclusive. Things will come to a point where people will be unable to buy or sell without the mark.

    But that doesn't necessarily mean that Christians will be around for it.

    But then why put a warning about it in the Bible, a book only Christians would read, let alone take seriously?

    Maybe it's in there as an explanation for the world post-rapture, along with all the things that those who are still around will need to know, like martyrdom as salvation.

    There are a lot of possibilities, which is why Christians have been debating this topic for centuries.

    There's also a possibility that your preps aren't for you.
    I think you missed what I was trying to say, so I will go deeper into what I see. When I first started prepping I believed in the rapture and I started prepping for why2kay. Many people thought there would be severe problems, ended up being a nothing to awful bad thing. Many people started prepping in that time many before. But my thoughts which I have a bad time expressing as I hate to type were this. Many on this board prep for the coming tribulation times, meaning many believe they will go through the tribulation. Many prep and believe they will be raptured out of here. Now do not get me wrong it is good to put back and have for a rainy day because we have all gone through some pretty hard times or better times in our life and used up some of our stores. I believe that one should have a place of refuge to go to if it hits the fan.

    But for the christians here the new testament clearly states when the son of man will come in 2 places in matthew and in mark. And if they are prepping for the tribulation I understand. But for those who believe that they will be raptured out of here I do not understand why the bother unless its to leave food and goods for those that won't be going with them.

    We can talk all day long about what the mark is. SS number credit card those that worship on sunday. There are so many things we could say to make it sound like anything we wanted. And we could question all day long have we already taken the mark to comply with the .gov. But with out the mark you will not be able to buy and sell or trade. Pay your water bill, car payment, house payment, anything. So that leaves me with saying to those who are going to be raptured out of here why bother? Unless it is to prep for a bad day.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    16,943
    Quote Originally Posted by medic38572 View Post
    I think you missed what I was trying to say, so I will go deeper into what I see. When I first started prepping I believed in the rapture and I started prepping for why2kay. Many people thought there would be severe problems, ended up being a nothing to awful bad thing. Many people started prepping in that time many before. But my thoughts which I have a bad time expressing as I hate to type were this. Many on this board prep for the coming tribulation times, meaning many believe they will go through the tribulation. Many prep and believe they will be raptured out of here. Now do not get me wrong it is good to put back and have for a rainy day because we have all gone through some pretty hard times or better times in our life and used up some of our stores. I believe that one should have a place of refuge to go to if it hits the fan.

    But for the christians here the new testament clearly states when the son of man will come in 2 places in matthew and in mark. And if they are prepping for the tribulation I understand. But for those who believe that they will be raptured out of here I do not understand why the bother unless its to leave food and goods for those that won't be going with them.

    We can talk all day long about what the mark is. SS number credit card those that worship on sunday. There are so many things we could say to make it sound like anything we wanted. And we could question all day long have we already taken the mark to comply with the .gov. But with out the mark you will not be able to buy and sell or trade. Pay your water bill, car payment, house payment, anything. So that leaves me with saying to those who are going to be raptured out of here why bother? Unless it is to prep for a bad day.
    You raise some good points here. Strikes me that you can believe one thing, but prepare for another in case your belief is wrong.

    Part of humility, last I knew, was being able to acknowledge that you could be wrong.

  40. #40
    Somewhere in the Bible I seem to recall something about come into the hills or similar. Old brain drizzle not letting me recall specifics.

    Going into the hills at Gods Direction is to my mind same same as bunkers or any other things He wants to see in place. My job is to try to get the clues, understand and act, then having done all , stand.

    Gods will; not mine.
    Dosadi

    III


    My family & clan are my country.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.