Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Tennessee woman, 90, points gun, threatens to kill neighbor over leaves in yard, police say
+ Reply to Thread

15 Tennessee woman, 90, points gun, threatens to kill neighbor over leaves in yard, police say

Tennessee woman, 90, points gun, threatens to kill neighbor over leaves in yard, police say
    Katherine Lam
    2-2 minutes

A Tennessee woman was arrested Thursday after a neighbor said the 90-year-old pointed a gun at her and threatened to kill her over leaves in the nonagenarian's yard, police said.

Bessie Bowen was charged with aggravated assault and violation of an order of protection following the incident at her home in the Bethel Grove neighborhood in Memphis, FOX13 reported. A woman called police claiming Bowen had pointed a gun at her and threatened to shoot her dead because of the leaves in her yard. She told police she took pictures and a video of Bowen’s alleged attack.

The neighbor also had an order of protection against Bowen due to a past assault, FOX13 reported.

Police searched Bowen for the gun, but only found the holster.

The 90-year-old woman was arrested Thursday, but later released on her own recognizance.

Another neighbor who knew Bowen told WREG he was shocked by the incident, but noted the 90-year-old has “always been serious about her yard.”

"She's always been serious about her yard. I never had a problem with her. I never seen or heard her do anything like that,” he said. "I hope they don't send her to jail.”

“She's an old lady. Just serious about her yard,” he added.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee...ard-police-say

She is an old lady, LEAVE her alone.

She told the neighbor, "I may be old but I'd never leaf you"
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

"What are they going to do, take away my birthday?"

My first wife used to say that a lot. They did. 2003.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Tennessee woman, 90, points gun, threatens to kill neighbor over leaves in yard, police say
    Katherine Lam
    2-2 minutes

A Tennessee woman was arrested Thursday after a neighbor said the 90-year-old pointed a gun at her and threatened to kill her over leaves in the nonagenarian's yard, police said.

Bessie Bowen was charged with aggravated assault and violation of an order of protection following the incident at her home in the Bethel Grove neighborhood in Memphis, FOX13 reported. A woman called police claiming Bowen had pointed a gun at her and threatened to shoot her dead because of the leaves in her yard. She told police she took pictures and a video of Bowen’s alleged attack.

The neighbor also had an order of protection against Bowen due to a past assault, FOX13 reported.

Police searched Bowen for the gun, but only found the holster.

The 90-year-old woman was arrested Thursday, but later released on her own recognizance.

Another neighbor who knew Bowen told WREG he was shocked by the incident, but noted the 90-year-old has “always been serious about her yard.”

"She's always been serious about her yard. I never had a problem with her. I never seen or heard her do anything like that,” he said. "I hope they don't send her to jail.”

“She's an old lady. Just serious about her yard,” he added.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee...ard-police-say
    Yup---figures---

Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

GTR knows no age limits.

Pointing a gun at someone is serious. I don't care what age, sex or race, the gun doesn't care either.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Crayzee ol wimmens … best leave them alone.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Proper guerrilla leaf removal requires weather, geography, and timing. A good wind from the west, a frontage road running west to east, rake, and blower.

1. Rake all leaves to edge of frontage road.

2. Wait for the strong breeze, have blower ready. Make sure no witnesses...

3. When wind blows, run down pile, blow into street. Watch leaves disappear. Its a hoot. A good wind could take a yard of leaves two blocks away.

4. Hide blower and rake, act like you know NOTHING. Enjoy the clean yard and the misfortune of neighbors way down the street.

5.. If repeated too much, and sounds of gunfire are heard, exit the suburbs for a country place where leaves don't matter.

Worked for me.
    #leavesdontmatter
    Do NOT confuse my personality with my attitude.
    My personality depends on ME.
    My attitude depends on YOU.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    GTR knows no age limits.
    This. If life begins at conception; so does TNB

"The leaves were covering my garden gnomes. They are my closest friends. I build them small
    bungalows by my begonias, and every weekend they have joyous festivals. I bake them brown
    gingerbread cookies. We have so much fun. Then one day my neighbor raked a big pile of leaves
    which strong winds blew onto my property and covered the gnomes. It was total panic. I heard
    screaming and weeping but saw no gnomes, for they were buried. Yes, I lost my temper, but I
    was only protecting my wee companions. One of my gnomes fell down into a rabbit hole, and I
    had to call the fire department to rescue him. If you truly care about my sanity, keep your damn
    filthy leaves off my lawn! You young people just don't understand. Gnomes need safe spaces!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    GTR knows no age limits.
    Genetics are forever
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblepuff View Post

"The leaves were covering my garden gnomes. They are my closest friends. I build them small
    bungalows by my begonias, and every weekend they have joyous festivals. I bake them brown
    gingerbread cookies. We have so much fun. Then one day my neighbor raked a big pile of leaves
    which strong winds blew onto my property and covered the gnomes. It was total panic. I heard
    screaming and weeping but saw no gnomes, for they were buried. Yes, I lost my temper, but I
    was only protecting my wee companions. One of my gnomes fell down into a rabbit hole, and I
    had to call the fire department to rescue him. If you truly care about my sanity, keep your damn
    filthy leaves off my lawn! You young people just don't understand. Gnomes need safe spaces!"
    Right on! Mad Max Part II
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Quote Originally Posted by flying screwdriver View Post
    Proper guerrilla leaf removal requires weather, geography, and timing. A good wind from the west, a frontage road running west to east, rake, and blower.

1. Rake all leaves to edge of frontage road.

2. Wait for the strong breeze, have blower ready. Make sure no witnesses...

3. When wind blows, run down pile, blow into street. Watch leaves disappear. Its a hoot. A good wind could take a yard of leaves two blocks away.

4. Hide blower and rake, act like you know NOTHING. Enjoy the clean yard and the misfortune of neighbors way down the street.

5.. If repeated too much, and sounds of gunfire are heard, exit the suburbs for a country place where leaves don't matter.

Worked for me.
    #leavesdontmatter
    I watch the weather. When there is a nice west wind with the forecast turning to a south wind, I get the blower out.
    I will blow up a pile. Then use the leaf vac to suck up and mulch two 30 gallon bags because that will fit in the trash bin.
    Then I blow a huge pile in the street end about dusk.
    Usually by morning they are fairly dispersed.
    And I have evidence that "I did bag the leaves - two whole bags"

. . . so far I have bagged a dozen 30 galllon bags or mulched leaves and have a couple more sessions to go
    so I kinda get pulling a gun on the neighbor . . . except I might be the one getting threatened.
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Ninety years-old or not, pointing a gun at anyone over leaves is a serious crime. The gun should be confiscated and the lady should be jailed or - because of her age - otherwise institutionalized.

Best regards
    Doc

I don't care if they're 9 or 90. Point a gun at me i'm going to make every effort to shoot the idiot.
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elza View Post
    I don't care if they're 9 or 90. Point a gun at me i'm going to make every effort to shoot the idiot.
    They need to test her for meth, she has the look. Shouldn't this thread go into the knee grow thread? Age shouldn't be a barrier for any kind of crime.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Sounds like granny has lost her mind.

Looks like Maxine Waters’ sister.

Just saying...

My Daddy raised me to not point a gun at someone unless I meant to shoot them.
    And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Preparing a People to Meet Jesus

Revelation 14:6-12

Click here for a FREE book - Absolutely NO Obligation:

http://www.3asdchurch.org/free.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Looks like Maxine Waters’ sister.

Just saying...
    just what i was thinking too..
    Consilio Non Impetu (By wisdom, not by rashness)

As a discussion of self defense,

Would it have been a good shoot to take her down if the victim was carrying?

Obviously, the court of public opinion would say no.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    As a discussion of self defense,

Would it have been a good shoot to take her down?
    Legally... maybe. Depends on how clearly you could articulate your fear for your life...

Morally... same thing. If someone points a gun at you and threatens to "shoot you dead", you'd better take them seriously. And it doesn't matter whether they're 9 or 90.. if they have the strength to pull the trigger, they CAN kill you...

But the optics of shooting a 90 year old woman would be terrible, no matter how justified you were...

(Good argument for wearing a body camera if you have nutty neighbors, any time there is any possible interaction with them)

Summerthyme