Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Jewish voters are furious at Dems’ defense of Ilhan Omar
+ Reply to Thread

Jewish voters are furious at Dems’ defense of Ilhan Omar

Jewish voters are furious at Dems’ defense of Ilhan Omar
    By Mary Kay Lange, Doree Lewak | New York Post
    4-5 minutes

Jewish voters furious at Democrats’ defense of Rep. Ilhan Omar say they’re done with the party that has held their support for generations.

“We felt we had a home there,” said Mark Schwartz, the Democratic deputy mayor of solidly blue Teaneck, NJ. “And now we feel like we have to check our passports.”

Jordan Manor of Manhattan, who calls himself a “gay Jewish Israeli-American,” laments, “The party I thought cared about me seems to disregard me when it comes to my Jewish identity.”

Mark Dunec, a consultant in Livingston, NJ who ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2014, says, “I’m physically afraid for myself and for my family,” adding, “I see my own party contributing to the rise of anti-Semitism in the United States.”

Omar, a freshman congresswoman from Minnesota, sparked the firestorm in February for using anti-Jewish tropes: saying that support for Israel was “all about the Benjamins” and accusing Jewish-American legislators of “dual loyalty.”

Many, including some fellow Democrats, deemed her comments anti-Semitic — but the party’s lefty activists pushed back.

“No one seeks this level of reprimand when members make statements about Latinx + other communities,” complained Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in a March 5 tweet.

Omar issued only a partial apology.

In response, the House passed a resolution condemning all “hateful expressions of intolerance” with kitchen-sink language that named nearly a dozen different groups.

“I feel confident that [Omar’s] words were not based on any anti-Semitic attitude,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said.

Many Jewish Dems in the city aren’t buying it.

“The fake defense she doesn’t know what she’s saying? I don’t believe it,” said Sara, a Queens teacher who asked not to be fully identified. “This is a grown woman and a member of Congress. Trying to excuse this as naivete is inexcusable.”

For her and others, anger is sparking immediate action.

“The watered-down resolution triggered my decision to walk away from the Democratic Party,” said Allison Gangi of Manhattan.

“I never dreamed anti-Semitism would have become mainstream on the left, but it has.”

Sara said she is “not comfortable anymore being a Democrat” and will register as an independent.

Among his Teaneck neighbors, Schwartz said, “Our only question now is, do we start voting Republican, or do we become Republicans?”

Others say they feel like the wandering Jew of legend.

“I’m homeless. I don’t think I can vote for Trump, even though he’s great for Israel,” said Jason, a start-up owner from Long Island who asked that his surname not be used. “But as a Jew, I can’t see a way to support the Democratic Party. It’s supporting your own destruction.”

Last week, President Trump issued two tweets boosting “Jexodus,” a new advocacy group — advised by a prominent GOP strategist — that encourages moderate and conservative Jews to find a new political home. More than 4,000 people have signed on, organizers said.

“Since launching this, the anti-Semitism we are seeing is so blatant and obvious it’s terrifying,” said Elizabeth Pipko, the group’s spokeswoman and a volunteer on Trump’s 2016 campaign.

The organization’s Instagram and Facebook pages are regularly targeted with hateful messages, she said.

“I leave them up, because people have got to see it,” Pipko said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jew...-of-ilhan-omar

Seems like the standard groups were not enough to virtue signal about, the Muslims are the new darlings that no one can say anything about.
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Maybe we are getting ready to see a "Jewish Wave" exiting the Democrat party.
    Sherree

Source Fox News. I can't find a 'Jexodus' Youtube Channel. Not sure if this is really a thing now or not. YMMV.

Fair use.

'Jexodus' encourages Jewish people to leave the Dem Party

Fox News
    Published on Mar 12, 2019
    Jewish millennials launch liberation movement from the Democratic Party after the Rep. Ilhan Omar controversy.

Link to source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWdwglRhfg&t=20s

Run time 4:11

I tried to search YouTube using the key words: #walkaway Jexodus testimonial. Other than the Fox interview, did not find any. It could be digital book burning by YouTube restricting access or deleting videos? I then went to the walk away campaign web site and checked out their video play list. There is no search function currently at the site to input key search words like: Jexodus.

Link to source:
    https://www.walkawaycampaign.com/videotestimonials
    Last edited by Old Gray Mare; 03-17-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Today’s American Jew would burst into flame if the6 voted for Trump.

Just sayin....

American Jews waking up. Imagine that. I have no beef with the Jewish people themselves, but I do not cotton to the politics of American Jews as a whole. Somewhere along they way they have become lost. I can see them claiming to be God's Chosen People, and I can also see God saying "Meh." I'll pray for a rise in Messianic Jews.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

OP:

“I’m homeless. I don’t think I can vote for Trump, even though he’s great for Israel,” said Jason, a start-up owner from Long Island who asked that his surname not be used. “But as a Jew, I can’t see a way to support the Democratic Party. It’s supporting your own destruction.
    Bold:

This Jew exhibits the thoughts (and I presume actions) that create such a conundrum in my assessment of the actions of Jews. Why in the hell does he and millions of others continue to support those who are clearly working to ensure that which will lead to the destruction of Jews? They do it repeatedly. Over and over and over again.

By his own words he cannot bring himself to support Trump who is clearly supporting Israel. The democrats are importing and supportive of those who will assuredly kill every Jew on the planet when they have the ability.

I have Jews in my own family line who feel the same way as this stupid asshole.

I can only surmise that God was warning us to expect this kind of lunacy from Jews when He said His people were "stiff necked."

I am continuously perplexed by the idiots like the one in the OP as well as those in my family.

Their web site:

https://jexodus.org/
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Western Jews are the most ignorant, stubborn, self-loathing people on the planet, and they deserve everything that will ultimately happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Western Jews are the most ignorant, stubborn, self-loathing people on the planet, and they deserve everything that will ultimately happen to them.
    I have zero doubt God will protect Israel but as the Curmudgeon bluntly implied... the western Jews are hoisting their own petard. Look what happened in Europe a few decades back.

Let me be a bit blunt...

these bastards like Bloomberg, Schumer and a hell of a lot of others are licking a bear in the crack of the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    That's funny. All the Jews I know are smart as whips, honest to a fault, and are well aware of their heritage as God's chosen people. You need to choose your friends more carefully...
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    That's funny. All the Jews I know are smart as whips, honest to a fault, and are well aware of their heritage as God's chosen people. You need to choose your friends more carefully...
    Nothing you said contradicts what I said.

I'm not trying to turn the discussion into a religious one, ok? But, I believe that God has blinded the Jewish people to a certain extent, according to the Bible. Maybe, God is beginning to lift some of that blindness. Some of them are understanding that the Democrat Party isn't on their side. That's a good thing.
    Sherree

Funny the half dozen or so Jewish people I know are far right. None of them are practicing though so maybe that's the difference. 3 of the 6 are x us military as well so that has a lot to do with it.

Not sure why it took the dems defending imar for them to wake up.... The dims have been transparent about their support of muslims for awhile.
    They've played the role of "lambs being led to.... for way too long, yet I wonder how many will just turn their heads and keep voting for their demise.

Quote Originally Posted by intowolves View Post
    Not sure why it took the dems defending imar for them to wake up.... The dims have been transparent about their support of muslims for awhile.
    They've played the role of "lambs being led to.... for way too long, yet I wonder how many will just turn their heads and keep voting for their demise.
    bold: The vast majority of them.

I have witnessed this craziness as long as I can remember with only a few exceptions.

The Jews are just realizing NOW that the dem's are banging em in the ass without lube? I guess they just don't realize that if scumbags like Omar had their way, they'd be on the way to the trains again.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Bigger "message" would be a cutting off of political "donations"....

For links see article source.....
    Posted for fair use.....
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...lhan_omar.html

March 17, 2019

The closest a Washington Post columnist can get to calling out Ilhan Omar

By Michael Berenhaus

In "Let's stay united against bigotry," E.J Dionne, Jr. inadvertently identifies the real yet diluted interpretation of Representative Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.)'s recent bigoted rant. While most Democrats tried to portray Omar as the victim of the scandal for criticizing Israeli policy, Dionne accurately states that "Omar spoke of people who 'push for allegiance to a foreign country.'" In other words, the actual target of her remarks was the Jewish people.

No amount of political spin, Israel-hating, or intersectionality will change that. Omar's recent statement, like her previous hateful remarks, was about Jews. Shame on Democrats in Congress for succumbing to the pressure to leave Omar uncensured. Her rhetoric perpetuates an abhorrently long trend of anti-Semitism.

Dionne further states that Omar's "personal history ought to mean that she understands the dangers of prejudice better than most." Dionne's excuse for her is that she was "careless." Never mind how many times she has been careless. By saying Omar is "careless" and that she ought to know better, is Dionne saying she is not smart enough to know right from wrong?

Dionne claims that "anti-Semitism is utterly antithetical to anything that deserves to be called liberal or progressive." Well, I guess not...the proof is in the pudding!
    Dionne then goes into a personal vignette of why he opposes anti-Semitism. His first friends were Jewish, his informal second father after his own passed away was Jewish, and he spent a month in Israel.

If I had a dollar for every time an anti-Israel aspersion began with "some of my best friends are Jewish" or the like, I would be a wealthy man.

Dionne begins his exposition with the comment that he favors a two-state solution. But how can that happen when there are two Palestinian constituencies — one in Gaza and the other in the West Bank — that refuse to reach a solution with each other? Does he mean a three-state solution? Have the Palestinians shown any democratic nature that makes them qualified to be a hospitable neighbor to Israel or even other Arabs? Gaza has held only one election, and that was for the terrorist group Hamas. Mahmoud Abbas has held office in the West Bank for over ten years longer than his four-year term.

With all of Dionne's exposure to Jews and Israel, he doesn't recognize this basic point.

Then he wrongly claims that Gaza is occupied by Israel. There is not a single Israeli in Gaza, and both Egypt and Israel monitor its borders for terrorists building weaponry or tunnel paraphernalia. West Bank Arabs live under Abbas's control.

Yes, it is a difficult situation, and the Palestinians need a better life. A solution is welcome by Israel. What is Dionne's explanation for why the Palestinians turned down numerous offers for a state of their own without making a counter-offer? He does not say. Is it because the Palestinians don't want an end to the conflict unless it includes the destruction of Israel? Of course, but Dionne is putting his head in the sand instead of seeing that fact. Palestinian TV describes Israeli cities as Palestinian, the Palestinians name their squares and high schools after suicide bombers, their emblem consists of the entire state of Israel, and their chief sticking point in negotiations with Israel has been with a so-called "right of return," which would flood Israel with enough Arabs to make it another Arab country. I could go on and on.

What would an article from a regular Washington post contributor about Jews be without a line bashing Israel, especially right-wing Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu? For the record, it was President Obama who undermined Netanyahu by financing election campaigns to unseat him. But going back to the basis of Omar's comments, they were about Jews, not Israel. There was no need for Dionne to mention Israel in his column.

Rightfully, and to his credit, Dionne concludes that Omar's language "cannot help but be seen as anti-Semitic." It would be welcome if he, and other progressives, would continue to call out anti-Semitism, take the lead in opposing the practice, and thereby prove that anti-Semitism is antithetical to the progressive movement.

see a "Jewish Wave" exiting the Democrat party.

Don't hold your breath ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    see a "Jewish Wave" exiting the Democrat party.

Don't hold your breath ...
    I know better....

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    I'll bet a fair amount of money against this happening.
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Nothing in my post #9 will change between now and the election. Jews in America would hav3 to literally be herded into boxcars, and even then I doubt that a significant number would change their votes.

Stupid and stubborn defines American Jewry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    Funny the half dozen or so Jewish people I know are far right. None of them are practicing though so maybe that's the difference. 3 of the 6 are x us military as well so that has a lot to do with it.
    Thanks for sharing that. My own, albeit limited, experience would suggest they were all trending far left.
    I simply don't understand it, unless there is some mechanism whereby folks lving in more densely populated areas trend far left.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Quote Originally Posted by CTFIREBATTCHIEF View Post
    ... I guess they just don't realize that if scumbags like Omar had their way, they'd be on the way to the trains again.
    Maybe the pressure of the cognitive dissonance will grow so great that we will see some spectacular splodey heads?
    Jewish mass shooter?
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.