Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WTF?!? Jeanine Pirro's Show Won't Air on Fox After Remarks About Ilhan Omar
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    $25 for a a Roku, then $5 a month for OAN.

You’re welcome.

. . . and the cost of high-speed internet connectivity every month - and, some areas of the country do not have high-speed internet connectivity, still, or high-speed internet connectivity that is affordable and/or reliable (thinking satellite, here, or marginal DSL running on copper pairs).

Still seems to be governed by the old bit of IT wisdom, from the 80's - faster, better, cheaper - you can pick ANY TWO of those three choices.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Almost everyone has at least DSL.

We are truly in the last days when God has given people over to their delusions, because there's a whole lot of deluded people out there.
    I agree. It's like people have been given over to a reprobate mind.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

But as I alluded, above - not all DSL is created equal, and can have significant speed variations from installation to installation - in some cases, not being much better than a fast, old-school, analog modem - hardly capable of presenting watchable streaming video.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    But as I alluded, above - not all DSL is created equal, and can have significant speed variations from installation to installation - in some cases, not being much better than a fast, old-school, analog modem - hardly capable of presenting watchable streaming video.

intothegoodnight
    Exactly. I have to bite the bullet and call Windstream today, probably wasting a couple hours in phone hell with tech support. Not only have they locked me out of my e-mail (and the "don't remember your password" help button helpfully offers to send the "lost" password... to my e-mail!), Speedtest shows we're now getting the amazing speed of .09 megs per second!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    Fox News is a shadow of its former self and more and more is just another MSM New World Order mouthpiece.

Best regards
    Doc
    OANN! (One America News Network)

I'll second OANN, the only paid TV subscription I have.

Just a hint for those with slow copper DSL, like me... I have a Verizon mifi modem, unlimited, which runs usually at 25-30 Mbps down. Compared to the DSL, it's like watching old flashcards in grade school. Price is comparable to the DSL, $65 a month on prepaid plan.

Now, a good rant about Fox/Judge Jeanine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6fQWFcT7sc
    about 3 minutes

quit all fake stream news long ago, however from now on faux news will be called CON by me in my references to them:

CON - Contoled Opposition news - faux news CON

Tribe up, arm up, go galt

Starve the beast.

Who is john galt? Coming to a place near you soon.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

If that is in reference to a land line of some sort, that would be a big negatory there good buddy. Come back, over.

There isn't a DSL landline, like cable etc. of some sort within at least 9 miles of my house.

The only thing we have is sat. for everything. Sat. TV, sat. internet, sat phone, sat outhouse, (I guess one could stand in the outhouse, but then why are you in the outhouse?) sat cb.

And those sat packages come in giggles a month. Some with a lot of giggles, others not so much. Like for instance our package will be used up with 3 movies a month. But it's great for talking to you.

So, the Judge says Omar is at odds with the Constitution because she has allegiances to Sharia.
    Fox says that's offensive to suggest such a thing and cuts her show.
    Omar says that she supports Sharia-loving ISIS, with whom we are in military conflict.

Fox knee-jerked itself right in the eye.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    If that is in reference to a land line of some sort, that would be a big negatory there good buddy. Come back, over.

There isn't a DSL landline, like cable etc. of some sort within at least 9 miles of my house.

The only thing we have is sat. for everything. Sat. TV, sat. internet, sat phone, sat outhouse, (I guess one could stand in the outhouse, but then why are you in the outhouse?) sat cb.

And those sat packages come in giggles a month. Some with a lot of giggles, others not so much. Like for instance our package will be used up with 3 movies a month. But it's great for talking to you.

You made the choice to live in the piney woods. Quit complaining about it.

Jonas Parker <jonas.parker.1775@gmail.com>
    9:38 AM (2 hours ago)
    to Irena.Briganti@foxnews.com

My wife and I will be watching OAN exclusively until Judge Pirro returns to your line-up.

We will also be boycotting ALL Fox News advertisers!

I hope that whomever made the decision to remove Judge Pirro from your schedule will get the demotion/termination he/she so richly deserves.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

You made the choice to live in the piney woods. Quit complaining about it.
    I don't think Cary was complaining. He was correcting the assumption that everyone has access to DSL. Very not true.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    — Robert Heinlein

OAN. Done and done.
    I have a question for you, Dennis.

How is OANN's Breaking News coverage when big events happen?

Do they stay on the story and give good coverage?
    ~ I stand with Ted to defeat Hillary Clinton. My family and I will be voting for Trump/Pence this November.
    "It took Jimmy Carter to give us Ronald Reagan." - Our country's last best hope in 2016, was Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    I don't think Cary was complaining. He was correcting the assumption that everyone has access to DSL. Very not true.
    Exactly, thank you very much.

Hawkgirl_70: From our experience all OAN does is read headlines, over, and over until the night time news magazines come on.

We may not have watched it when something big broke though don't remember. Otherwise it's the same news every 30 minutes.

Hawkgirl, Cary is correct on OAN. What’s refreshing is the lack of spin on most stories. (Actually, for those used to the MSM, it sounds like they spin ultra-conservative.)

As to the piney woods thing - one pays their money and makes their choice. Living way out in the sticks requires significant compromise. Long drives to ANYWHERE, and knowing that first responders like EMS will never get to you in time. Id love to be rural, but I still have to work, and my job is such that living in the sticks is out. Oh well, everything is a tradeoff.

What's this?

Charlet Faye
    ‏ @CharletFaye1
    1m1 minute ago

Meet @FoxNews New and improved Sleeper Cell! @CNN falls behind in innovative thinking! #Breaking

#TrumpWH #IIhanOmar #IstandWithJudgeJeanine #ReinstateJudgeJeanine #RealNews
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

You're correct, Dennis. Living in the sticks isn't for everyone. Living off-grid isn't for everyone either, but they are choices that are willingly made.
    Sherree

Like I’ve said before, there are a significant number of TBers that, given the choice, would live like it was 1873. Why, I have no idea. But then, my education is electronic engineering, so living like an old west settler just doesn’t float my boat.

Hawkgirl, Cary is correct on OAN. What’s refreshing is the lack of spin on most stories. (Actually, for those used to the MSM, it sounds like they spin ultra-conservative.)

As to the piney woods thing - one pays their money and makes their choice. Living way out in the sticks requires significant compromise. Long drives to ANYWHERE, and knowing that first responders like EMS will never get to you in time. Id love to be rural, but I still have to work, and my job is such that living in the sticks is out. Oh well, everything is a tradeoff.
    And yeah you're right. There are trade offs.

When we first moved to the country, back when I was a junior in HS, I nearly went stark raving mad. But now, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

BTW I still use a flip phone. By choice.

Think Dan Bongino talked about this the other night; said he won't be back on until she is.

Judge Jeanine has been blocked from Twitter since March 9 - or she has chosen to stay quiet - effectively stopping her.

She needs support from the Twittering public.
    True North Strong and Free