Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Messed up my knee this A.M.,.
+ Reply to Thread

5 Messed up my knee this A.M.,.

FL and I went to Wally World early A.M., got home around 3. I was behind the Jeep and she asked me to try to catch the receipt that she dropped-started kneeling to look under Jeep and felt the kneecap/joint pop-like when you crack your knuckles. Bout half a second later before I put that knee on the ground the pain set in.

Got up to walk it off-stopped hurting but the knee kept giving the 'popping' feeling like cracking your knuckles.

I can hold a couple of fingers just under the kneecap right at the joint where the lower leg is attached and feel it physically 'pop' when I bend the leg.

Okk to walk on except it pops and, once I stop walking it starts to hurt.

Ideas?
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"The Joys of Gunslinging. It's Win-Win. Freedom or Glory."

Knowing you, you would probably rather eat black olives for breakfast than have it checked out by a doc and ask about a possible x-ray? Would a knee brace/support help any? You might want to talk to the pharmacist that sells them. Last I checked they were $18 - $20 buck range.

In PA each county has a county Public health nurse. Since (D) Wolf became governor one nurse may have to cover multiple rural counties and for a while required Obamacare involvement. (If the board allowed cussing, here is where I'd insert some). Anyway dose your state have some similar program where you could talk to a healthcare professional for free or next to nothing? Maybe ask them about alternating ice and heat packs to keep pain and swelling down and staying off it might help?

Kinda', sorta' related.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/01/u...rgeants-knees/

Unit’s position given away by first sergeant’s knees

FORT IRWIN, Calif. – Eight soldiers were notionally killed during a tactical exercise when their first sergeant gave their position away by trying to stand up from the prone position, sources confirmed today.

“We take good noise discipline very seriously there,” OPFOR commander Sgt. 1st Class Tim Nelson said. “When (1st Sgt. Anthony) Palmer stood up and attempted to take a running step, the obvious crackling sound alerted everyone in four miles and scared a deer away. We had to take the opportunity to teach them a lesson about stealth and attack.”

Palmer’s knees are graduates of the Airborne, Air Assault, and Army Ranger Schools, with deployments to Afghanistan and Kuwait.

“First sergeant’s knees are the crunchiest in the company,” said Staff Sgt. Michael Landry, a squad leader in Palmer’s company. “Mine might pop occasionally, but his sound like a Rice Krispies commercial.”

Soldiers in Palmer’s company have long been hoping that he would stop leading by example to come check on them during exercises while his knees sounded like a caveman rubbing two sticks together to make a fire. While this was the first occasion that a tactical engagement was lost due to the knees, for years, soldiers have been using knee echolocation to know exactly when to stop shamming before their caught.

When reached for comment, Palmer told the Duffel Blog he’d done more in 25 years than any of those kids and threw 800 milligram motrin at the problem.
    III

Sat, you poor guy....if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any!

Ice and rest. If it's swelling, take some Advil.

I would apply Arnica gel. I don't see where it would hurt and it might help with swelling and bruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    I would apply Arnica gel. I don't see where it would hurt and it might help with swelling and bruising.
    I second the vote on Arnica Gel....It really works, as I have low back pain occasionally and it really helps. I found mine at Walgreens.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Satanta I TOTALLY feel your pain. I'm just recovering from my THIRD knee surgery within the last eight months!! Missed a step carrying a heavy box of books about this time last year and rammed both knees into the concrete floor of my garage!! Tore BOTH medial meniscus in one shot. Needed two surgeries on my left knee to finally get it cleaned up.....OUCH!!

Hope you don't have to go through the same thing as I have to try and get things back to something near normal. Getting old.....TOTALLY SUCKS!
    Last edited by ShadowMan; 03-15-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    I second the vote on Arnica Gel....It really works, as I have low back pain occasionally and it really helps. I found mine at Walgreens.
    I go with a "third" here regarding Arnica gel. Good stuff. Walgreen's has it and I bought mine at CVS...around $10 a tube.

Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) might be useful as well.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

I'll just saw it off at the hipbone instead of eating Olives Thankyouverymuch.

Shadowman-OUCH. Never done anything needing surgury but have missed a step and hit hard. Can't imagine how that hurt.

Arni-suckawhut?!?!?!?

Took a long nap. Hurt when I tried to walk on getting up but feeling better as I do-was thinking about a wrap or brace.

Sat, I know you guys are hard up for cash. I'm not exactly rich and I don't have health insurance, so let me relate a story that happened to me a little over a week ago: I was splitting firewood and everything seemed OK. After I was finished for the day, my wrist became progressively more painful through the night. By the next morning it was agonizingly swollen. A couple of days later I saw my nurse practitioner who examined it and gave me an order for an x-ray. She said it could be a fracture or soft tissue damage. She also gave me my monthly steroid shot for my bad back. Amazingly, the steroid shot worked on the wrist too, because by the following day the pain was down by around 70 or 80%. I did get the x-ray series at the hospital and the report indicated ligament damage, but no fracture. The whole thing came in at just under $250, with the vast majority of the expense being for the x-rays. Expensive for me, but worth it.

Ask your doc or NP to examine it and see if they'll give you a steroid shot. I get mine mixed with a local anaesthetic. The steroids seem to help for around five or six days and the local anaesthetic only works for a few hours, but it's worth it to get even that "mini vacation" from pain. Even if they tell you you've done something major and need surgery or some other procedure, ask if you can still get the steroid/anaesthetic injection to get on top of the pain.

Best regards
    Doc

Doc1, a steroid is actually part of my transplant meds. Been a bit weird as one Nephrologist wants me on them and anopther doesn't so I split the difference and do one a week, maybe two.

I've actually seen a change in the bone structure of my face over the years on them so not all keen on taking hem plus some bone loss even tho I'm outside excercising and drink Milk.

I'm giving it the weekend and then will decide if I need to see the Doc. There is no swelling with this aqnyway.

S,

As mentioned previously, a good knee brace to support the damage and diminish strain on the knee is advisable....

Knee braces can be purchased at wallyworld and most pharmacies....

Be careful and heal....

Texican....