Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Missouri bill would require adults aged 18-34 to own AR-15
+ Reply to Thread

Missouri bill would require adults aged 18-34 to own AR-15

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/missou...WCfaK-jrYfGpNA

Missouri bill would require adults aged 18-34 to own AR-15
    by Gregory Dailey, KRCG StaffFriday, March 15th 2019

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KRCG) - A Missouri state representative's proposed bill could have people up in arms.

House Bill No. 1108, sponsored by Rep. Andrew McDaniel, R-Deering, stated that "[e]very resident of this state shall own at least one AR-15."

The bill would establish the "McDaniel Militia Act," which would require those aged 18-34 not legally prohibited to possess a firearm to own a semi-automatic rifle that is modeled on the AR-15 design by ArmaLite, Inc.

"Any person who qualifies as a resident on August 28, 2019, and who does not own an AR-15 shall have one year to purchase an AR-15. Any resident qualifies as a resident after August 28, 2019, and does not own an AR-15 shall purchase an AR-15 no later than one year after qualifying as a resident," the bill stated.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4019...108#from_embed

That bill is almost as bad as one taking away guns.

One of our founding statesman had this in mind for our country along with short mandatory military service. The idea was to be trained to arms in defense of the country at all times.
    The Swiss took that some time ago and ran with it to this day.

along with short mandatory military service. The idea was to be trained to arms in defense of the country at all times.
    That makes sense but not forcing citizens to buy something. And just think how few people of that age group have $500 in their savings account.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    That makes sense but not forcing citizens to buy something. And just think how few people of that age group have $500 in their savings account.
    Meh..just have SCOTUS tell us all it's a tax.
    Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shockla is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo.

Yeah, karate monkey, yeah, that's probably safer.

Sign me up. Oh, I am too old.

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    Meh..just have SCOTUS tell us all it's a tax.
    Better yet, have the state use some of the tax money they already collect to purchase the weapons and issue one to each eligible adult then.

WTF would I want an AR?

AK for the win baby!
    Gammas stand apart, staking out and defending their space, finding their own mate, showing no interest in dominating the Betas.

Essentially, they avoid all but necessary, cautious interaction with Alphas and Betas.

I am not in favor of this. Nobody should be mandated to buy anything. This goes for health care products, insurance, drugs, guns, you name it. I am staunchly pro gun and am staunchly opposed to any attempts by government to take away our basic right to self defense, but a person who does not want to own a firearm (or any other weapon, for that matter) should not be forced to own one.

I might be more in favor of a law establishing a volunteer state militia (funded by the volunteers, not state tax money). Even that would have many caveats, though.

This will never get any further.
    "People are best convinced by reasons they discover on their own."

"The next 20 years are going to be completely unlike the last 20 years." - Chris Martenson (The New 2014 Crash Course)

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRat View Post
    WTF would I want an AR?

AK for the win baby!
    My kinda guy! Saiga all the way

It does harken back to the days of our country's founding.

No, It won't go anywhere, but the liberal 'splodey heads will be worth the effort.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
    Better yet, have the state use some of the tax money they already collect to purchase the weapons and issue one to each eligible adult then.
    I agree with this let the state buy them and pass them out. And since the state would technically own the guns then make them M-16's and not AR-15's. State ownership would override the 1986 restrictions. And having that many new full auto guns out in the world would make the gun grabbers heads explode.

tbd

Quote Originally Posted by twobarkingdogs View Post
    I agree with this let the state buy them and pass them out. And since the state would technically own the guns then make them M-16's and not AR-15's. State ownership would override the 1986 restrictions. And having that many new full auto guns out in the world would make the gun grabbers heads explode.

tbd
    Too bad it'll never pass....

I would like to see their faces turning purple and their heads exploding in frustration! LOL!!

Sounds like something the McCascal and the dems would pull, just to get people in a crossfire and make it hard to argue againest turning them in.

First lier dosent have a chance.

Didn't a county in Georgia do that years ago?
    Similar, everyone had to own at least one gun. I think the trick was there was no penalty to not have one.

Wasn't it Kenesaw Georgia or someplace like that where decades ago, a law was passed for every resident to own a gun.
    There was no penalty for failure to comply. It was, like this new proposal I suspect, just making a political statement.
    Conservative virtue signaling as it were.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    D. H. Lawrence

tbd
    ^^^^ there it is!!! an excellent concept tbd!!!!
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Any chance this bill was introduced to show the Dems what a ridiculous PRO 2A bill could look like, to prove a point to the ANTI 2A gun grabbers how nuts their proposed bills are? He wanted to show his fellow Dems, "See, we can play that game too".

Or, is there something else going on behind the scenes that he wants residents to prepare for?
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......

liberals be like!

Quote Originally Posted by Racing22 View Post

Or, is there something else going on behind the scenes that he wants residents to prepare for?

I've had my thoughts on this my self and we have a number of states putting things back the way our founders intended and allow carrying a pistol without a permit/permission.
    We have three states this year that undid the restriction making for a total of 14 states that allow constitutional carry. So is there some back room talk at the state legislators level that we don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    Wasn't it Kenesaw Georgia or someplace like that where decades ago, a law was passed for every resident to own a gun.
    There was no penalty for failure to comply. It was, like this new proposal I suspect, just making a political statement.
    Conservative virtue signaling as it were.
    Kenesaw is correct if I recall. The crime rate there virtually evaporated in a short time. Probably they had a significant compliance with the ordinance (or, ordnance, if you will), and unlike the libs, allowance was made for matters of conscience. Always a decent thing to do. (which is also why libs find it so hard to do)
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I've had my thoughts on this my self and we have a number of states putting things back the way our founders intended and allow carrying a pistol without a permit/permission.
    We have three states this year that undid the restriction making for a total of 14 states that allow constitutional carry. So is there some back room talk at the state legislators level that we don't know about?
    When the KY CC bill was up this session, there were 7-8 amendments made by Louisville Democrats to make the state provide guns to people: when a baby was born (for both child and parents), when a marriage license was given, when property taxes were paid, etc. The Dems meant to tank the bill by burdening the state.
    All amendments were stripped before passage and the bill goes into effect on June 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    One of our founding statesman had this in mind for our country along with short mandatory military service. The idea was to be trained to arms in defense of the country at all times.
    The Swiss took that some time ago and ran with it to this day.
    Back in the colonial era in the Massachusetts Bay Colony all able bodied men 16 - 60 were required to be part of the town's militia. They were to provide their own gun, but the town might provide one for those who didn't have the means. Towns had what were called parade grounds which were spots set aside for training. In true New England tradition, the men chose their military leaders. Being rich or otherwise important did not mean you were in charge as was the case in most places back then. Ability and leadership capabilities mattered more. That approach just naturally flowed from their Town Meeting form of govt. that continues to this day in small towns and rural communities in New England.

It was these town militias that took on, and sent packing, the mightiest military power on the planet in the "shot heard round the world" in 1775.

tbd
    Don't stop there. Make it any man portable weapons system and the training on how to effectively employ them.
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

: ) Shooter. Those are the first likeable liberals I've seen in far too long.

As per mo. Bill, first, I want an AR-15 too and secondly, I'm afraid mo is well on it's way to being purple, if not out right blue : (
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

.....adults aged 18-34 to own AR-15
    I'm highly offended, possibly even triggered.

The blatant age discrimination is shocking.

Mebbe the (cough) "older" crowd should have AR-10s, M-14s or Garands....gotta have some standoff distance when you can't run so good.

Diversity and inclusiveness.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Rep. McDaniel says bill requiring AR-15s makes 'point on mandates'

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) A Missouri lawmaker says he knows his legislation requiring every 18- to 35-year-old in the state to own an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle has no chance of passing.
    McDaniel says it "points out the absurdity of the opposite side," and their proposals to "add more requirements and barriers for law-abiding citizens." The former sheriff's deputy says he decided, "let's get back at them.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...es/3180424002/

But Republican state Rep. Andrew McDaniel, of Deering, says he hopes that it and another bill he introduced help to "make a point on mandates in general." The second bill would require adults who can legally possess firearms to do so. Both bills would offer tax credits.

McDaniel says it "points out the absurdity of the opposite side," and their proposals to "add more requirements and barriers for law-abiding citizens." The former sheriff's deputy says he decided, "let's get back at them."

No hearings on the bills are scheduled. McDaniel says if anything moves forward, he would focus on tax credits and strip out the other elements.
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I agree. Freedom is freedom. Once you can force people to do one thing, you can force them to do anything. It is wrong to force them to exercise basic rights in the manner the government wants.

Which was his point in writing it … I think it was a capital idea.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Rep. McDaniel says bill requiring AR-15s makes 'point on mandates'

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri lawmaker says he knows his legislation requiring every 18- to 35-year-old in the state to own an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle has no chance of passing.
    McDaniel says it "points out the absurdity of the opposite side," and their proposals to "add more requirements and barriers for law-abiding citizens." The former sheriff's deputy says he decided, "let's get back at them.

Ahhh Haaa, just what I said above, he was trying to make a point. Sadly, the other side won't get it or care.
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......