Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Liberal NY college students demand admins deal with 'racist white professors', provide free detergent
+ Reply to Thread

2 Liberal NY college students demand admins deal with 'racist white professors', provide free detergent

Links at the source

https://www.foxnews.com/us/liberal-n...ndry-detergent

Liberal NY college students demand administrators deal with ‘racist white professors,' provide free detergent

By Greg Norman
    Published 14 hours ago

Students at a New York college routinely ranked as one of the most liberal in America are accusing administrators of not being progressive enough – unless they accept a long list of demands, including taking teaching duties away from “racist white professors” and providing laundry detergent -- and softener -- for all.

The wide-ranging declaration that emerged this week at the $54,440-a-year Sarah Lawrence College comes as bands of students have been marching around campus, chanting outside the president’s home and participating in sit-ins over their beliefs the school has “not implemented sufficient strategies to dismantle systematic oppression to be sustainable or safe for marginalized people in an increasingly dangerous political climate."

“If the College does not accept these demands, it will no longer be hailed as a progressive institution, but instead remembered for its inability to truly embody its self-proclaimed progressive ideology and support all students against an international rising tide of white supremacy and fascism,” reads a press release from the Diaspora Coalition student group.

The group, which describes itself as “students who can speak to the injustices imposed on people of color by this institution on a daily basis”, is demanding that, among other requests:
    “All campus laundry rooms are to supply laundry detergent and softener on a consistent basis for all students, faculty and staff.”

“Students of color should not be forced to resort to racist white professors in order to have access to their own history. It is crucial that the College offer courses taught about people of color by people of color so that students may engage in and produce meaningful work that represents them authentically.”

“When dining options are closed on campus, the College must provide free meals for students staying on campus, including vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, halal, and kosher options.”

Students from the Diaspora Coalition and “at least three faculty members of color” are allowed to conduct a tenure review surrounding the position of politics professor Samuel Abrams – who they describe as “an anti-queer, misogynist and racist who actively targets queer people, women and people of color.” They also want Abrams to publicly apologize for writing an op-ed for the New York Times last year.
    In the piece, Abrams says he surveyed around 900 college administrators and “found that liberal staff members outnumber their conservative counterparts by the astonishing ratio of 12-to-one.” He also says Sarah Lawrence’s Office of Student Affairs “was organizing many overtly progressive events — programs with names like ‘Stay Healthy, Stay Woke,’ ‘Microaggressions’ and ‘Understanding White Privilege’ — without offering any programming that offered a meaningful ideological alternative.”

Students met with Sarah Lawrence President Cristle Collins Judd and Daniel Trujillo, its Dean of Studies and Student Life, on Wednesday night. A Twitter account that appears to be run by students, providing updates on the protests, posted that the “Dean of Studies says he will sign the agreement to work together!” But the group then added: “As we have not come to an agreement with admin., the occupation will CONTINUE!”

Judd, in a statement put out earlier this week, likened the protests to similar ones held at the school in 1969 and 1989, noting that “it is incumbent upon the College to grapple with these issues to support the inclusion and well-being of all students.

“I believe collaboration from all parties is the best means to move these efforts forward, and this will require us to develop the most effective process for working with students as well as faculty and staff,” she added.

But Judd also pushed back on the “inappropriateness of demands related to the work and tenure” of Abrams, whom she has stood by during the op-ed uproar. In November, she said “academic freedom is a fundamental principle at Sarah Lawrence College” and that “Professor Abrams has every right, and the full support of the College, to pursue and publish this work.”

It is not clear when the protests will end, but the students want to make one thing certain – that they aren’t punished by faculty for participating in them.

Their last written demand: “It is our hope that faculty and staff value our voices outside of the classroom and support students’ right to protest without repercussion.”
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post
    Links at the source

https://www.foxnews.com/us/liberal-n...ndry-detergent

Liberal NY college students demand administrators deal with ‘racist white professors,' provide free detergent

By Greg Norman
    Published 14 hours ago

Students at a New York college routinely ranked as one of the most liberal in America are accusing administrators of not being progressive enough – unless they accept a long list of demands, including taking teaching duties away from “racist white professors” and providing laundry detergent -- and softener -- for all.

The wide-ranging declaration that emerged this week at the $54,440-a-year Sarah Lawrence College comes as bands of students have been marching around campus, chanting outside the president’s home and participating in sit-ins over their beliefs the school has “not implemented sufficient strategies to dismantle systematic oppression to be sustainable or safe for marginalized people in an increasingly dangerous political climate."

“If the College does not accept these demands, it will no longer be hailed as a progressive institution, but instead remembered for its inability to truly embody its self-proclaimed progressive ideology and support all students against an international rising tide of white supremacy and fascism,” reads a press release from the Diaspora Coalition student group.

The group, which describes itself as “students who can speak to the injustices imposed on people of color by this institution on a daily basis”, is demanding that, among other requests:
    “All campus laundry rooms are to supply laundry detergent and softener on a consistent basis for all students, faculty and staff.”

“Students of color should not be forced to resort to racist white professors in order to have access to their own history. It is crucial that the College offer courses taught about people of color by people of color so that students may engage in and produce meaningful work that represents them authentically.”

“When dining options are closed on campus, the College must provide free meals for students staying on campus, including vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, halal, and kosher options.”

Students from the Diaspora Coalition and “at least three faculty members of color” are allowed to conduct a tenure review surrounding the position of politics professor Samuel Abrams – who they describe as “an anti-queer, misogynist and racist who actively targets queer people, women and people of color.” They also want Abrams to publicly apologize for writing an op-ed for the New York Times last year.
    In the piece, Abrams says he surveyed around 900 college administrators and “found that liberal staff members outnumber their conservative counterparts by the astonishing ratio of 12-to-one.” He also says Sarah Lawrence’s Office of Student Affairs “was organizing many overtly progressive events — programs with names like ‘Stay Healthy, Stay Woke,’ ‘Microaggressions’ and ‘Understanding White Privilege’ — without offering any programming that offered a meaningful ideological alternative.”

Students met with Sarah Lawrence President Cristle Collins Judd and Daniel Trujillo, its Dean of Studies and Student Life, on Wednesday night. A Twitter account that appears to be run by students, providing updates on the protests, posted that the “Dean of Studies says he will sign the agreement to work together!” But the group then added: “As we have not come to an agreement with admin., the occupation will CONTINUE!”

Judd, in a statement put out earlier this week, likened the protests to similar ones held at the school in 1969 and 1989, noting that “it is incumbent upon the College to grapple with these issues to support the inclusion and well-being of all students.

“I believe collaboration from all parties is the best means to move these efforts forward, and this will require us to develop the most effective process for working with students as well as faculty and staff,” she added.

But Judd also pushed back on the “inappropriateness of demands related to the work and tenure” of Abrams, whom she has stood by during the op-ed uproar. In November, she said “academic freedom is a fundamental principle at Sarah Lawrence College” and that “Professor Abrams has every right, and the full support of the College, to pursue and publish this work.”

It is not clear when the protests will end, but the students want to make one thing certain – that they aren’t punished by faculty for participating in them.

Their last written demand: “It is our hope that faculty and staff value our voices outside of the classroom and support students’ right to protest without repercussion.”
    To the students: It is your responsibility to take care of your own laundry needs.
    If you don't like what is being served in the dining halls, then I'm sure you can find a way to feed yourself. You are apparently not grown enough to be in college, but these days, that problem is everywhere. If you feel so oppressed, then perhaps you should band together and self fund your own college that you create yourselves. Until then, shut up.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

If you're not mature enough to do your laundry, you don't belong in college.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

When they start making demands of these kinds they should be handed thy walking papers with instruction to get themselves and their belongings off campus in the next 24 hours or they will be arrested for trespassing.

80,000 $ a year to attend and they can’t afford soap

tell em NO and if they dont like it and refuse to behave themselves kick em out so they go plague another college. i swear this younger generation are a bunch of wussy whiny brats.. tell em NO
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

The non-liberal students need to be issued aneseptic cleaner wipes when dealing with liberals.

Either that or glasses like on They Live that show liberals in their true demonic form
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

How are monsters created?

Students of color?...........oh well we really know the story there.....its Negros......

So what about the Negro colleges?

Why not go there if you want to learn about grass huts and drums made out of hollowed out trees?

Grambling University anyone?

and how does learning about Africa history and civil rights stories in America produce meaningful work in college?

I doubt that any of that ever would contribute to STEM field majors.........

....perhaps maybe a few more brain cells in the front lob of the cerebral cortex would......

...other than that you are just pandering to "students of color"

Now, f’off....

I know college professors and lament that they have to hide and pretend that they don't have simple basic thinking skills to keep their job.

It is why I could not work for such a place.

Were I hired I would not last a day before they wanted to and probably did fire me.

Stupid is supposed to hurt, really stupid can be fatal.

Apparently really really really stupid can be found on most College campus' these days.

Imagine what the results of that level of stupid would be / will be when reality sets in.

Who is John Galt?
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Well if they would stop eating their "Tide Pods" they would have their own laundry detergent.
    Mongo only pawn in game of life

Do what's needed to ensure that you're better at something worthwhile come Monday morning than you were on Friday afternoon.

The time to improve your skills and capabilities is not the moment when you wish you'd already done it long ago. And disasters large and small don't make appointments.

we are hereby announce free soap for every student

Pick it up on your way OUT

Quote Originally Posted by sierra don View Post

Well if they would stop eating their "Tide Pods" they would have their own laundry detergent.
    Classic!

"They gave me white soap, white laundry detergent powder, white fabric softener sheets, and
    a bottle of bleach! This is a hate crime against students of color! I don't want whiter whites!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doat View Post
    How are monsters created?

This was the inevitable outcome when "progressives" started turning the tide at American universities (and even middle and high school) starting in the late 50's and early 60's. There was no where else it could go IF it continued to run it's course. It's a sad day for America, and higher learning in North America.

Too lazy to go to the grocery store??

Too lazy to think for themselves?

Double the tuition - make the parents pay for the idiots they created.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    To the students: It is your responsibility to take care of your own laundry needs.
    If you don't like what is being served in the dining halls, then I'm sure you can find a way to feed yourself. You are apparently not grown enough to be in college, but these days, that problem is everywhere. If you feel so oppressed, then perhaps you should band together and self fund your own college that you create yourselves. Until then, shut up.
    I agree with what you saying, but I do want to point out something that we found out with my nephew. He had a full meal plan at Mercer. That is several hours from home, and he had no car. He was also taking 17 credit hours and had lab requirements that precluded him getting a job. When the dining halls on campus were closed (and sometimes, they closed arbitrarily), he would do without or eat frozen things/ramen that his grandmother would get him. They were not allowed hot plates or stuff like that. He never complained, but he did tell me that if it was not for the microwave in his room, he would have been hungry more than not. When you pay for a full meal plan, you expect to be able to go eat. The one that drove me crazy for him was that the only time he had to go get lunch was at a time between breakfast and lunch. Lunch would be set out, and they were open, but they would not allow students to get a plate until a set time, which was when his next class started. I never understood that.

Quote Originally Posted by blueinterceptor View Post
    80,000 $ a year to attend and they can’t afford soap
    Do you think any of these students "of color" or their parents are actually paying their own tuition? This is why they feel entitled to free soap and meals. They chose to go to that college, they weren't forced. The college should tell them they can also choose to go somewhere that suits them better.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

You know what Ginger? When I was in college there was no such thing as a “meal plan.” You did for yourself or not at all. If your nephew (or any other college kid) lacks the personal initiative to do what I did, too bad for them. And speaking as someone with an engineering degree myself, I can state with some authority that 17 hours is way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    You know what Ginger? When I was in college there was no such thing as a “meal plan.” You did for yourself or not at all. If your nephew (or any other college kid) lacks the personal initiative to do what I did, too bad for them. And speaking as someone with an engineering degree myself, I can state with some authority that 17 hours is way too many.

I agree, he was overloaded. He did use his microwave etc and didn't starve. He didn't complain, either. He made do or did without. He was trying to compensate for changing majors early on. He wanted to be a cardiothorasic surgeon, but when Obama care came along, he looked at the potential ROI, and decided his best bet was to change to some sort of computer sciences thing. My point was that the full meal plan was something that we/he paid for so that he could eat 3 meals a day, not a gimme thing. We don't do the gimme thing.