Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Southern Poverty Law Center fires co-founder Morris Dees
+ Reply to Thread

2 Southern Poverty Law Center fires co-founder Morris Dees

My, my! Wonder if he's been a baaaad boy and they're trying to get ahead of it... ?

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...es/3164839002/

Southern Poverty Law Center fires co-founder Morris Dees

Melissa Brown and Brian Edwards, Montgomery Advertiser
    Published 2:08 p.m. CT March 14, 2019
    Updated 6:47 p.m. CT March 14, 2019

The Southern Poverty Law Center fired Morris Dees, the nonprofit civil rights organization's co-founder and former chief litigator.

SPLC President Richard Cohen said in a statement Dees' dismissal over his misconduct was effective on Wednesday, March 13. When pressed for details on what led to the termination, the organization declined to elaborate.

"As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world," Cohen said in the emailed statement. "When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action."

Dees, 82, co-founded the Montgomery-based organization in 1971.

"It was not my decision, what they did," Dees said when reached by phone. "I wish the center the absolute best. Whatever reasons they had of theirs, I don't know."

On Thursday, he said he hadn't tried a case in at least a decade and hadn't recently been involved in the day-to-day operations of the SPLC.

Dees' termination is one of several steps taken by the organization this week, Cohen said.

"Today we announced a number of immediate, concrete next steps we’re taking, including bringing in an outside organization to conduct a comprehensive assessment of our internal climate and workplace practices, to ensure that our talented staff is working in the environment that they deserve — one in which all voices are heard and all staff members are respected," Cohen said.

What the SPLC wants the "next steps" to address or correct remains unclear. An SPLC spokesperson said the organization was "in the process of hiring" the firm for the workplace climate assessment, and no other leadership changes had been announced.

A message seeking further comment was left on Cohen’s cell phone Thursday afternoon.

"I’ve read the statement they issued," Dees said when asked if he knew why he was fired. "I feel like some of the things in the statement were unfortunate. But I refuse to say anything negative about the center or its employees. I’ll let my life’s work and reputation speak for itself."

When asked if he was offered the chance to resign or retire, the 82-year-old said, "I've told you all I can tell you."

Dees' biography appeared scrubbed from the SPLC's website as news broke of his termination on Thursday afternoon.

Morris Dees, SPLC funding and civil rights cases

A Montgomery native, Dees attended Sidney Lanier High School. He burnished his marketing chops by managing a direct sale book publishing company while attending the University of Alabama, where he also earned a law degree.

After returning home to establish a law practice in 1960, Dees won a series of civil rights cases before establishing the SPLC with lawyer Joseph J. Levin Jr. and civil rights activist Julian Bond a decade later.

The legal partnership netted significant civil rights triumphs. Dees challenged systemic discrimination and segregation in Alabama state trooper ranks in a case won in the U.S. Supreme Court. SPLC litigation challenging Alabama's legislative districts forced the state to redraw its districts in the early 1970s, leading to the election of more than a dozen black legislators in 1974.

Early SPLC lawsuits also fought for better conditions for cotton mill workers in Kentucky, women in the workplace and poor defendants on death row. The organization bankrupted a Ku Klux Klan Organization, the United Klans of America, in a 1987 civil case.

Dees has been a fixture in politics since the group's ascension, though his organization has faced scrutiny in the past.

A 1994 Montgomery Advertiser series provided a deep look into the organization controlled by the multimillionaire Dees, illustrating his near-singular control over the organization and its mammoth budget.

The series, a Pulitzer Prize finalist, revealed a figure seen as heroic by some and single-minded by others. Dees' critics said he was more concerned with fundraising than litigating.

The series also alleged discriminatory treatment of black employees within the advocacy group, despite its outward efforts to improve the treatment of minorities in the country. Staffers at the time “accused Morris Dees, the center’s driving force, of being a racist and black employees have ‘felt threatened and banded together.’” The organization denied the accusations raised in the series.

"I would hope the IRS and the Justice Department would take this as [an] opportunity to come in and take a close look at The Center, it's finances and it's day-to-day operations," said Jim Tharpe, managing editor of the Advertiser in the mid-1990s, who oversaw the Advertiser series. "It's long overdue."

Dees' central role in the organization has also led to numerous threats against him, and the Advertiser previously reported that he has 24-hour protection at his home.

SPLC a war chest of funds that dwarfs over NAACP and Equal Justice Initiative

Over the years, the SPLC has continued to amass massive funds from donors amid differing levels of scrutiny. The nonprofit has hundreds of employees and offices in four states. The organization had nearly $450 million in net assets, according to publicly available tax documents filed for 2017.

That figure easily dwarfs other civil rights groups — such as the Equal Justice Initiative and the NAACP — during the same time frame. The Montgomery-based EJI had about $57 million in net assets at that time and the NAACP had about $3.8 million.

SPLC still fell behind other groups, like the American Civil Liberties Union, which pulled in more than $526 million between its main nonprofit and foundation in 2017 filings, with several local groups collecting additional millions of dollars not included in that figure.

In recent years, the organization has become nationally known and scrutinized for its Hatewatch work tracking the rise of hate groups, particularly white supremacists.

It produces research and advocacy work on a variety of topics, including payday lending, civil asset forfeiture and immigration rights. The SPLC also continues day-to-day civil rights litigation, including an ongoing lawsuit to address prison conditions in Alabama.

“The SPLC is deeply committed to having a workplace that reflects the values it espouses — truth, justice, equity and inclusion, and we believe the steps we have taken today reaffirm that commitment," Cohen said.
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

Yet MoDees' sexual abuse of his stepdaughter still gets covered up.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/court-...-with-sex-toy/
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Couldn't happen to a more carpy piece of carp.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

TACAMO!! NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

I'm wondering if more stuff like ^ is fixin' to see the light of day... if it is, I hope his prior acts will also be mentioned.

Might be about fundraising and off shore bank accounts.

Over the years, the SPLC has continued to amass massive funds from donors amid differing levels of scrutiny. The nonprofit has hundreds of employees and offices in four states. The organization had nearly $450 million in net assets, according to publicly available tax documents filed for 2017.
    They probably caught the old commie bastard dipping into the till. (He's too old to dip into the company inkwell.)

I would be happier if they had hanged him but firing is a good start.

Nice way to end his career.

Let's make sure it goes into the record.

Does 'dipping into the till' include his "salary?"

Mr. Dees, who pays himself an annual salary of $275,000

-- https://www.centerforimmigrationtrut...-pile-of-money
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

"I’ve read the statement they issued," Dees said when asked if he knew why he was fired. "I feel like some of the things in the statement were unfortunate. But I refuse to say anything negative about the center or its employees. I’ll let my life’s work and reputation speak for itself."
    Maybe getting fired is a start.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Naw... Salary is on the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post

Dees=Sleeze bag. If there are sealed indictments I hope his name is on one of them.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

There have been a lot of rumors about Dees over the last few decades related to personal corruption in terms of embezzlement, sexual deviancy related to both homosexual affairs and child abuse. The fact he is a radical leftist has meant much of this has been covered up, or at least tried to be covered up. It seems that now something "big" has been uncovered, and can no longer be covered up, and the SPLC is dumping ballast to avoid crashing. Whether the real truth will ever come out, remains to be seen. On the other hand, the SPLC has been getting hammered in recent months on multiple fronts. The fact that the SPLC is bringing in an outside group to review it tells me they are dealing with corruption, either sexual or financial that can no longer be covered up. Of course, maybe all of this sleaze is negatively impacting fund raising, which will force them to at least look like they are doing something.

Jesse Jackson and Morris Dees use the same playbook. They threaten to sue somebody, extort a "bribe/settlement," and then pocket the cash, pound their chests and strut off. The SPLC has long been known to list conservative groups as "hate groups." The most damaging thing SPLC has done is to have their "listings of hate groups," be used by Law Enforcement to harass various Christian and Conservative groups.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    They probably caught the old commie bastard dipping into the till. (He's too old to dip into the company inkwell.)

I would be happier if they had hanged him but firing is a good start.

Nice way to end his career.

Let's make sure it goes into the record.
    may the old bastard choke on his own vomit and die alone in a cold dark room. it would be difficult to find someone who did more to defame the innocent than this POS
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Wonder if the DoJ has been sniffing around at the SPLC, lately . . .

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    Wonder if the DoJ has been sniffing around at the SPLC, lately . . .

intothegoodnight
    THey are behind much of the hate white people movement, right wing, conservative, male, Christians who are terrorist threats. They taught the police departments throughout the US (I think I've read this). Building the lie within the police structure over decades.....they are a political entity, yet they have such reach. Needs to be cut down in size, perhaps this is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ractivist View Post
    THey are behind much of the hate white people movement, right wing, conservative, male, Christians who are terrorist threats. They taught the police departments throughout the US (I think I've read this). Building the lie within the police structure over decades.....they are a political entity, yet they have such reach. Needs to be cut down in size, perhaps this is a start.
    "Needs to be cut down", period.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Liberal tyrant gets his just reward.

Morris Dees, the PC tyrant who abused conservatives for DECADES has now run afoul of sexism, racism and being an ass. OH, is Doomer Doug loving this!

The link is here.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44717...ashe-schow?amp

THE PLOT THICKENS: SPLC’s Founder Was Fired Amid Employee Accusations Of Racism, Sexism
    Hate begets hate.
    by Ashe Schow
    March 15, 2019

We still don’t know the specific reason as to why Morris Dees, co-founder of the discredited “anti-hate” group the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), was fired on Wednesday, but we now have a new clue.

The Los Angeles Times has reported that an internal memo sent to staff regarding Dees’ dismissal said, “although he made unparalleled contributions to our work, no one’s contributions can excuse that person’s inappropriate conduct.”

Dees was reportedly fired at a time when SPLC staff was complaining about alleged racism and sexism within the organization, which purportedly seeks to end hate and discrimination. As the Times reported, the leadership of SPLC is “predominantly white.”

“A letter signed by about two dozen employees — and sent to management and the board of directors before news broke of Dees’ firing — said they were concerned that internal ‘allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism threaten the moral authority of this organization and our integrity along with it,’” the Times reported.

Dees himself appears unsure of why he was fired, though he seems to harbor no ill-will toward the center, telling the Montgomery Advertiser, “It was not my decision, what they did. I wish the center the absolute best. Whatever reasons they had of theirs, I don't know."

A week before Dees was fired, a female black attorney for the organization — who has not been named by media outlets — resigned. She sent an internal email suggesting the organization was not inclusive enough.

“As a woman of color, the experiences of staff of color and female staff have been particularly important to me ... and we recognize that there is more work to do in the legal department and across the organization to ensure that SPLC is a place where everyone is heard and respected and where the values we are committed to pursuing externally are also being practiced internally,” she wrote, according to the Times.

Another internal email obtained by the Times, this time from SPLC managers, said the organization was “grateful” for the attorney’s work and the issues she raised. Managers said the center was “committed to addressing in an honest and forthright manner,” and would be providing management training for “racial equity, inclusion and results.”

“We’ll be soliciting additional ideas from across the organization on how we can be more diverse, equitable and inclusive,” the email said.

In a statement provided to media outlets on Thursday, SPLC President Richard Cohen said the organization “announced a number of immediate, concrete next steps we’re taking, including bringing in an outside organization to conduct a comprehensive assessment of our internal climate and workplace practices, to ensure that our talented staff is working in the environment that they deserve – one in which all voices are heard and all staff members are respected.”

As The Daily Wire previously reported, SPLC has become a shadow of the organization Dees founded to sue members of the KKK. It now labels anyone who disagrees with its extreme leftist ideology as a “hate group,” and is facing dozens of lawsuits from people who say they were inappropriately included on its various lists. Some who have been featured on the SPLC’s alleged hate lists have been targeted for violence, including the Family Research Council, which had a shooter enter their headquarters after finding their name on the SPLC’s website.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url

Man, the stuff about Dees is just starting to pour out onto the Internet. Here are some official court documents from Dees divorce from his wife that allege child abuse. the link is here

https://thehayride.com/2018/08/splc-...uments-reveal/

SPLC co-founder Morris Dees is a sexually deviant perverted pedophile, court documents reveal

August 2nd, 2018 Bethany Blankley

Big League Politics reports that the co-founder of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), Morris Dees, known for labeling groups it doesn’t like as “hate groups,” is a sexual deviant pedophile.

According to court testimony, among other perverted sexual behavior, he attempted to molest his 18-year-old step-daughter Holly Buck, with a sex toy. Holly was Maureene’s daughter from a previous marriage.

I've always thought that the SPLC is a Illuminati construct....along the lines of the Hegelian Dialectic....Divide and Conquer.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Another one bites the dust..

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/22/s...cohen-resigns/

SPLC President Richard Cohen Resigns From Embattled Left-Wing Nonprofit

Peter Hasson
    8:50 PM 03/22/2019

Southern Poverty Law Center president Richard Cohen resigned Friday, in the latest blow to the embattled left-wing nonprofit.

Cohen’s resignation came nine days after the SPLC fired co-founder Morris Dees on March 13, citing unspecified conduct issues.

Cohen announced his resignation in a staff-wide email Friday evening, the Los Angeles Times reported.

“Whatever problems exist at the SPLC happened on my watch, so I take responsibility for them,” Cohen’s email read, according to the Times.

Current and former SPLC employees have accused the organization of turning a blind eye to sexual harassment and racial discrimination within its own ranks.

Cohen took responsibility for unspecified “problems” at the SPLC in a statement released to the Montgomery Advertiser.

Cohen asked the SPLC’s board “to immediately launch a search for an interim president in order to give the organization the best chance to heal,” according to the Advertiser.

SPLC employees were long aware of racial issues and sexual harassment within the organization, former SPLC staffer Bob Moser recounted in a scathing essay published in The New Yorker on Thursday.

Moser described the SPLC as a “highly-profitable scam” that “never lived up to the values it espoused,” despite its portrayal to gullible donors.

“We were part of the con, and we knew it,”
    Moser wrote.

The SPLC is known to label pedestrian conservative organizations as “hate groups,” and is a key resource for Amazon, Google and other tech companies in policing “hate speech.”

The non-profit recently reported more than half a billion dollars in assets, including $121 million in off-shore funds.

SPLC employees were long aware of racial issues and sexual harassment within the organization, former SPLC staffer Bob Moser recounted in a scathing essay published in The New Yorker on Thursday.

Moser described the SPLC as a “highly-profitable scam” that “never lived up to the values it espoused,” despite its portrayal to gullible donors.

“We were part of the con, and we knew it,” Moser wrote.
    Amazing that this is actually being said in public. Pretty well guarantee the MSM won't be using thst quote anytime soon!

What is really disturbing is that the FBI used info from these scammers to set up "watch lists" of peopke yo target for investigation. Talk about having the foxes guarding the henhouse!

Summerthyme