Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRISIS TEOTWAWKI Trigger event?

View Poll Results: What will the "Trigger Event" be that begins the inevitable collapse?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • ME war (or war in general)

21 9.91%
  • Solar/EMP event

14 6.60%
  • Financial calamity

87 41.04%
  • Racial divide/civil war

54 25.47%
  • Natural disaster/ earthquake, flood etc

10 4.72%
  • Other

26 12.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TEOTWAWKI Trigger event?

What do you think will be the "Trigger Event" that begins the inevitable collapse?

1. ME war (or war in general)
    2. Natural disaster
    3. Racial civil war
    4. Banking/financial calamity
    5. False flag
    6. Solar/EMP event
    Last edited by Dennis Olson; 03-13-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: thread title edited for clarity

I have never seen this country more divided.

OTOH, the event that starts it may be engineered to get things going
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    What do you think will be the "Trigger Event" that begins the inevitable collapse?

1. ME war (or war in general)
    2. Natural disaster
    3. Racial civil war
    4. Banking/financial calamity
    5. False flag
    6. Solar/EMP event
    Odds are, there won’t be a “trigger event” in our lifetimes. Just a continuous slow slide.......

Shouldn't "Gun Confiscation" be on that list?
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

I voted financial calamity and people being thrown into financial calamity. 30,000 people where I live have been displaced, some ran away with only the clothes on their back and no means of finding work. The amount of homeless people taking to the streets and the breakdown of society - all because of finances. How the "event" will develop is anyone's guess, but mixed in there will be a worldwide disease such as Ebola or worse. One that the CDC can't find a cure for. There will be a culling of the herd. JMHO.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    That is my #1 choice too. Racial divide/civil war is my 2nd..

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Odds are, there won’t be a “trigger event” in our lifetimes. Just a continuous slow slide.......
    I believe it will happen in our life time. My personal belief is the Lord is waiting for most of the Greatest Generation to pass unto him. Specifically; the WWII soldiers who were instrumental in defeating the NAZIs and liberating his Chosen People from the German concentration camps and those who help make that possible. That generation's sacrifice has gifted us with four generations of relative peace on our shores. God has a strange sense of humor and justice.

Bingo. Would have voted for it if it was on the list. Not sure which will happen first a financial crisis that will dwarf the Great Depression or a gun grab. I truly believe as long as the left has political power they will continue to push in any way they can for legislative gun control, restrictions, including a grab. It sounds like right now, right this minuet, they are using the state of Hawaii as a test case.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Natural Disaster in slow motion

The Grand Solar Minimum is already upon us. Crop yields have been poor in places like Asia and Australia, combined with huge livestock losses. Check the Australia thread on the Main today, and the Earth Changes section.

Some good YouTube channels on this subject:

Ice Age Farmer
    Adapt 2030
    Suspicious Observers (huge amt. of content, highly technical, and more oriented to catastrophism. WELL worth the time, however)

We might have two more years of sort-of normalcy, while the crazy Piglosi mind-set and the migrant invasion crisis continue to drag us down. Venezuela may pull us under.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    I voted financial calamity and people being thrown into financial calamity. 30,000 people where I live have been displaced, some ran away with only the clothes on their back and no means of finding work. The amount of homeless people taking to the streets and the breakdown of society - all because of finances. How the "event" will develop is anyone's guess, but mixed in there will be a worldwide disease such as Ebola or worse. One that the CDC can't find a cure for. There will be a culling of the herd. JMHO.
    Another of the four horseman disease. The dominoes are in the process of falling.

The financial problem is pushing the middle class and working poor out of their homes onto the streets. There they have limited access to health care, limited access to potable water, poor sanitation, little or no refrigeration, limited access to safe nutritional foods and inadequate shelter.

On the street they are vulnerable not only to endemic disease but are also exposed to the caldron of diseases being brought in by illegal immigrates. Some of these diseases our populations has little or no immunity to and there's no vaccine or cure for, diseases like chikungunya, also older plagues like typhoid and cholera and diseases that have mutated becoming more dangerous like drug resistant TB. Even something as mundane as flu could be deadly. Toss that virus into the genetic viral mixing bowl above and my bet is next years flu or the year after could cause some serious problems.

When was the last time you checked the dates on the OTC medication in the medicine cabinet?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

I went with "financial calamity." The derivatives bomb is still lurking, and that's the kind of thing that can set off a lot of racial whatnot.

I thought we debunked the door-to-door gun grab as being impossible to actually pull off, though?

$23 Trillion debt cannot be recovered from!!
    As long as the mighty stag in the forest is erect and strong, its enemies are held at bay.
    But at the slightest sign of weakness, the wolves move in for the kill.

I voted "other", because I simply don't have a clue. All of those listed are possibilities, or it could be a combination of one or more of them. Then, it could be something that we've never considered.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds View Post
    That is my #1 choice too. Racial divide/civil war is my 2nd..
    Bingo...........

Short of a nuclear exchange in a WW3 like confrontation......or a complete collapse of the banking system.........the idea of trying to remove guns nationwide would be the trigger......

Racial wouldn't do that until Whites are a significant minority in this country......

.....Browns and Blacks are unable to compete with Whites in managing a 1st world society and control of it for starters.....

.......and the only time they get to that point is when there are so few Whites left and/or they have it handed to them.

any or all of the above, at any time from this morning to no later than 20 years. the longer till, the worse it'll be.

No mater what triggers what event you had better start hoarding toilet paper like it is gold.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

I voted EMP - too easy and will do the most immediate damage. Rendering us helpless and at the mercy of the prepared "sleeper cells" who are waiting - and have "probably" engineered such an event. Most Americans would be dead within a very short time - lack of EVERYTHING.
    The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    No mater what triggers what event you had better start hoarding toilet paper like it is gold.
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Who says it has to be one event? Or has to happen all at one time?

This is a big country. Not that long ago TEOTWAWKI started in the industrial NE but it didn't spread. Look at how many times Detroit has taken a last gasp, and they have similar "no go" zones as Paris, France which really does seem on the brink of imploding.

You had freaking WW2 take out major cities around the world, including two hydrogen bombs and yet the world didn't stop spinning.

I don't necessarily think that there is going to be a whole world event that takes us all down at the same time. That is the stuff of fiction that gives a satisfying scratch to some part of our psyche.

Not even a pandemic has been able to do it yet … not even the Black Death in the Middle Ages.

On the other hand, I do think that some smaller countries, or regions of larger countries, could fry like a man taking a shower when his wife throws in a plugged-in hair dryer. But that doesn't mean that each mini collapse is going to be for the same reason.

If you think about it, even with a Christian worldview the Bible tells that it will take multiple, Biblical-level, world-wide, Armageddon events to bring the world to the brink and even then many will survive the "end" … but that's a different discussion.

So, in my opinion, the question would be better to honestly ask, what type of crisis will it take to collapse my life, family, area, region, etc. and then deal with those realities and things more likely to happen that a world-wide cataclysmic event.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
    $23 Trillion debt cannot be recovered from!!
    You’re right, so let’s add another $90 Trillion courtesy of AOC, who the snowflakes will elect president in 2024. I’ll be moving to Venezuela if that happens.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Don’t use your last bullet on them.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

I see what you did there, walkntrot!

I thought of that, but I don't think that it would be a trigger. I expect that the majority of gun owners will turn their firearms over without so much as a whimper, despite all of the bravado.

I voted OTHER.............

I believe God's judgement will come to the USA instead of any "Civil War".

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    There is a heck of a LOT of people who are homeless here in San Diego but like I said, people from ALL OVER THE USA are in San Diego.

A prime example of the end of the world as we know it is Venezuela.
    Guns confiscated, economy nationalized by a corrupt government, and
    now no power, no food, no water, nothing except long lines to nowhere
    and military/police guns trained on any dissenters and those speaking
    against their “betters" in government.

It doesn’t have to be the end of the entire world. It only needs to be the
    end of the smaller worlds in which we all live. Venezuela is a current
    example of which we are seeing very little in the controlled media. It
    is an absolute horror story. A nation of natural resource wealth and
    educated people on the brink because they allowed a power mad
    government to take control of their lives.

Couldn’t happen here. We would never elect representatives or a
    President that would lead us down that path. Really? Hillary won the
    popular vote. Maxine and Pelosi and Schumer and the list goes on
    are re-elected decade after decade. Half of We, The People do not
    even get off their asses and vote. They turn on CNN and MSNBC and
    with glazed eyes mumble, all is well, all is well. We have bread on the
    table, beer in the fridge, and a job at the 7/11.

This is the kind of event we prep for, we write about, we think we are
    prepared to handle with our pantries full of rations and our Berkey water
    filters at the ready. And when it actually unfolds in our AO……

Sooth
    EPHESIANS 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    Another of the four horseman disease. The dominoes are in the process of falling.

The financial problem is pushing the middle class and working poor out of their homes onto the streets. There they have limited access to health care, limited access to potable water, poor sanitation, little or no refrigeration, limited access to safe nutritional foods and inadequate shelter.

On the street they are vulnerable not only to endemic disease but are also exposed to the caldron of diseases being brought in by illegal immigrates. Some of these diseases our populations has little or no immunity to and there's no vaccine or cure for, diseases like chikungunya, also older plagues like typhoid and cholera and diseases that have mutated becoming more dangerous like drug resistant TB. Even something as mundane as flu could be deadly. Toss that virus into the genetic viral mixing bowl above and my bet is next years flu or the year after could cause some serious problems.

When was the last time you checked the dates on the OTC medication in the medicine cabinet?
    Many people here (San Diego) have had pneumonia including myself. Only my right lung was affected. For 5 MONTHS my lung hurt. Coughing up yellow then green mucus. The homeless got a chance to get a flu shot PLUS a Hepatitis shot. I refused both. I placed myself on a "DNR List". (Do Not Resuscitate) list. When it's my turn to die, that is when I will go. Everything is fine now. The pneumonia is gone but came close to seeing a Doctor a couple times.

Civil War .... Economic Collapse ...

Which one comes first? That's a hard decision.
    WARNING!!!

My use of pronouns will offend faggots, the mentally ill, and the gender confused.

Quote Originally Posted by billet View Post
    I thought of that, but I don't think that it would be a trigger. I expect that the majority of gun owners will turn their firearms over without so much as a whimper, despite all of the bravado.
    Well, I guess I'm a Minority Gun Owner, as I won't be turning my guns in...they will remain in my hands, Locked and loaded.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

I hope that I don't get flamed for asking this question. What if gov officials were standing next to your wife or child with a gun to their heads demanding that you turn over all of your weapons, or they face being shot in front of you? Would you hand them over, or face the risk of having them shot right there on the spot?

Just wondering, cause sometimes I like to think outside the box.
    Sherree

I was taught to NEVER surrender your weapon in a hostage situation. Once you remove that option from the equation, the rest of your options become much clearer.
    WARNING!!!

My use of pronouns will offend faggots, the mentally ill, and the gender confused.

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post

I find myself in agreement with WalknTrot. Horses, Roy Rogers and worn out guitars are certainly our greatest threat!

Or not...

Best regards
    Doc

Firearms Registration Act Introduced in Pennsylvania

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/fir...#ixzz5i4noHja5
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Firearms Registration Act Introduced in Pennsylvania
    Ammoland Inc. Posted on March 12, 2019 by John Crump

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/fir...#ixzz5i4oII6tm
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

HB0768 is known as the Firearms Registration Act. The Democrats that introduced the bill were Mary Louise Isaacson (D), Angel Cruz (D), and Mary Jo Daley (D). Last Friday, the General Assembly referred the bill to the committee on judiciary.

The bill would require gun owners in the Keystone State to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police. Owners would have to provide the police with the make, model, and the serial numbers of all their guns.

Along with the application that the gun owner must swear to under oath, the gun owner would have to submit fingerprints, two photographs that are no older than 30 days and go through a background check for each firearm that they own. This background check is the same one that they must go through to purchase a gun.

In addition to this requirement, they must also provide the Pennsylvania State Police with their home and work address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, age, sex, and citizenship. This requirement is more information than a person needs to vote.

If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.

A gun owner cannot transfer any unregistered firearm. Anyone caught with an unregistered gun is guilty of a crime even if they are unaware of the firearm registration status. Also just holding an unregistered firearm at a range is a crime.

The gun owner must keep all firearms unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock. If a firearms owner doesn't secure their firearm that way, they would be guilty of a crime. This rule even applies to homes with no children.

The gun owner has 48 hours to update the State Police if they change jobs, phone numbers, addresses, or anything else on the application. If they do not update the State Police, then they could be prosecuted for violating the law.

The certificate which will cost $10 per firearm will expire after one year. The gun owner would have to start the process over again to renew their certification. This process must be done 60 days before the certificate expires. The procedure can get confusing for gun owners with large collections.

The bill makes no mention of how the state will enforce the law.
    Other states that have tried gun registration and bans have seen limited success. New Jersey has had zero magazines turned in since their magazine ban went into effect.

New York saw nearly one million firearms owners defy the state law to register their “assault weapons.” The same thing played out in Connecticut when only 50,000 out of 350,000 registered their semi-automatic rifles.

Expanding a registry to all firearms will be impossible to enforce without conducting door to door searches of houses. It is unclear how these Democrats plan to deal with this reality.

None of the bill’s sponsor responded to our request for comment.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/fir...#axzz5i4neR3Tz

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    I hope that I don't get flamed for asking this question. What if gov officials were standing next to your wife or child with a gun to their heads demanding that you turn over all of your weapons, or they face being shot in front of you? Would you hand them over, or face the risk of having them shot right there on the spot?

Just wondering, cause sometimes I like to think outside the box.
    Well, your local POLICE would confiscate your guns.

Expect a gun registry in your state soon.

deleted
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

I think it will come in 2020 with a Trump win! The last win by Trump nearly caused it but the next just might be the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra View Post
    Many people here (San Diego) have had pneumonia including myself. Only my right lung was affected. For 5 MONTHS my lung hurt. Coughing up yellow then green mucus. The homeless got a chance to get a flu shot PLUS a Hepatitis shot. I refused both. I placed myself on a "DNR List". (Do Not Resuscitate) list. When it's my turn to die, that is when I will go. Everything is fine now. The pneumonia is gone but came close to seeing a Doctor a couple times.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads:...............

From another board:

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

the Second Amendment was codified among our unalienable rights, (which cannot be lawfully abridges by individuals or governments). When our government becomes physically hostile to the unalienable rights of the citizens, the militia is the last-line-of-defense. The Second Militia Act of 1792 federally mandated every male between the ages of 18 and 45 arm themselves with privately owned assault weapons at their own expense. This was not to hunt squirrels, but to hunt tyrants. The weapons specified in the 1792 Act were equal to and superior to the state-of-the-art assault weapons carried by all military personnel at the time. That would be the point of owning a weapon with a high volume of fire, to give yourself a fighting chance.

“Forty years ago, when the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised…to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia…” (In Virginia’s Ratifying Convention, Elliot p.3:379-380)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Thank you. It was tough at times.

From another board..........

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

"The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

...Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle."

THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to John Norvell, Jun. 11, 1807

" When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "

Thomas Jefferson