Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Church had valentine dinner, Over half out with food poisoning, including me
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Church had valentine dinner, Over half out with food poisoning, including me

I been throwing up all day and diareea Not spell right. I could not get to bathroom in time and poop ran all the way to the toilet. What a mess to clean up. I cannot eat nothing, try drinking a little water and I got some pedilight . Nothing stays down.
    I been in and out of bed all day, Passed out on floor once. I am drinking bone broth now, but nothing else.
    Over half of the church is home sick.

Never eat anything with any kind of cream sauce ever again. In fact stay the hell home.
    I really have not got out of bed, Dogs just don't get me, much less the cats. I am going back to bed now and stay there I hope. I got a bucket aside of the bed to throw up in. But really hope that is over with.

Norovirus is making the rounds and hard right now, just saying. It only takes one person who is sick with it with improperly washed hands handling a serving spoon, etc., to make the entire bunch sicker than a dog.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Are you getting dehydrated? (Pull up a pinch of skin on your forearm -- if it doesn't go back down right away you are dehydrated -- in that case, better get to the hospital, even if you have to call an ambulance.) Keep drinking anything that you can keep down, even if it's just a sip at a time. So sorry you are sick.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

I'm so sorry OAD. Praying you improve quickly!

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...g...&p=7178331
    Check my post #12, along with everybody else.
    Important for dehydration.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Be careful, older adults and the very young are especially vulnerable to rapid fluid loss. It can and does become a life and death issue even in the CONUS. Good that you have started on an ORS, but don't let up too early. One related resource is:http://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm.

If you feel you are still going downhill, this is a legit ER visit or even a 911 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder View Post
    Are you getting dehydrated? (Pull up a pinch of skin on your forearm -- if it doesn't go back down right away you are dehydrated -- in that case, better get to the hospital, even if you have to call an ambulance.) Keep drinking anything that you can keep down, even if it's just a sip at a time. So sorry you are sick.

Kathleen
    Yes, this! Please, don't ignore this... older folks just don't tolerate this sort of illness as well. Dehydration can easily cause heart rhythm problems, and go downhill quickly from there.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe's Daddy View Post
    Be careful, older adults and the very young are especially vulnerable to rapid fluid loss. It can and does become a life and death issue even in the CONUS. Good that you have started on an ORS, but don't let up too early. One related resource is:http://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm.

If you feel you are still going downhill, this is a legit ER visit or even a 911 situation.
    The formula they use is simplistic and lacking in potassium and bicarbonate. Mine only needs salt, no-salt, (or the combined Lite salt), sugar, baking soda. Not all that difficult.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Sending prayers for you!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

So - two in the ER today and one who should be but isn’t. (At your age and in your current condition, this could easily kill you.) I suggest you get to the ER soonest.

And yes, prayers.

I am so sorry. Prayers.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

OAD if you have a can of peaches in heavy syrup, try taking a tablespoon about every 15 minutes and see if you can keep that down. Several people around here have tried it and it worked. I wish you could have someone take you to the ER. Praying for you sweet lady.

Praying for you Irene!
    Sherry in GA

Praying for you.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Oh my! Prayers up for you. What the others said.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

activated charcoal...………..definite help
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Who brought the tater salad?

SORRY TO HEAR THIS. I AGREE WITH THE ONES SAYING YOU SHOULD GO TO THE ER. PRAYERS FOR HEALING. AMEN

OAD, PLEASE go get checked out at the emergency room. With the vomiting and diarrhea you can become dehydrated very quickly. Dehydration can lead to a whole bunch of not nice things happening to you. PLEASE go get checked out. You may not like going to doctors, you may not have the money, etc etc-don't worry about that. Hospitals cannot refuse service to anyone and you are sick. Do you have anyone close checking in on you? Have them run you to the emergency room.
    I'm praying you go to the ER and go quickly.

Sending my prayers for a rapid recovery.
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

Prayers sent!
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Old as dirt View Post
    I been throwing up all day and diareea Not spell right. I could not get to bathroom in time and poop ran all the way to the toilet. What a mess to clean up. I cannot eat nothing, try drinking a little water and I got some pedilight . Nothing stays down.
    I been in and out of bed all day, Passed out on floor once. I am drinking bone broth now, but nothing else.
    Over half of the church is home sick.

Never eat anything with any kind of cream sauce ever again. In fact stay the hell home.
    I really have not got out of bed, Dogs just don't get me, much less the cats. I am going back to bed now and stay there I hope. I got a bucket aside of the bed to throw up in. But really hope that is over with.
    Older than dirt, you could possibly have noro virus, you get it from unsanitary conditions. I avoid ALWAYS eating at buffets put on by churches/clubs, etc. You don't know the sanitary conditions people use to prepare their food, what their kitchen looks like, etc. I learned my lesson long ago because I always got sick at those functions - like not even making it to home and have it coming out both ends. Just sit and watch people at the table licking their fingers then going back for seconds and touching the serving spoons. That should cure anyone from eating at those functions. Other than that, I hope you get better. Stay hydrated and stay at home until you feel better. Noro is HIGHLY contagious!

Norovirus outbreaks are common. This is because the virus spreads very easily and quickly from infected people to others, and through contaminated foods and surfaces. Outbreaks happen throughout the year, but they occur most often from November to April.

Protect yourself and others from norovirus:

Wash your hands often
    Rinse fruits and vegetables
    Cook shellfish thoroughly
    Stay home when sick and for two days after symptoms stop
    Avoid preparing food for others when sick and for two days after symptoms stop

The most common symptoms are:

Diarrhea
    Vomiting
    Nausea
    Stomach pain

There is no specific medicine to treat people with norovirus illness.

Antibiotic drugs will not help because they fight bacteria, not viruses. Learn more about antibiotics.
    If you have norovirus illness, you should drink plenty of liquids to replace fluid lost from vomiting and diarrhea. This will help prevent dehydration.

Dehydration can lead to serious problems. Severe dehydration may require hospitalization for treatment with fluids given through your vein (intravenous or IV fluids).

Watch for signs of dehydration in children who have norovirus illness. Children who are dehydrated may cry with few or no tears and be unusually sleepy or fussy.

If you think you or someone you are caring for is severely dehydrated, call the doctor.

https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/index.html
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Dehydration can affect your judgement as well.
    Best not wait to go to ER, if you just want to lay down & sleep... while getting up every 10 minutes.

Please keep drinking even if it comes out, you have to stay hydrated. You poor thing.

I never eat at church dinners anymore.

This pestilential day has claimed another.

God go with you, ma'am, and yes, do get yourself some help.

Please be careful. You may need an ER visit and perhaps a day or two stay.

My mom got something like this when she was taking a trip. She got herself to the ER and stayed in for about two days. She had been staying at a motel, but fortunately was staying in a town where she had previously lived and so she had some friends there. She was very sick for a few days but recovered.

Again OAD, please be very careful. Call a friend to take you to the ER if needed or an ambulance. Dehydration is nothing to fool around with as we age, and you may need to have fluids intravenously if you cannot keep anything down. You know you are one of our favorite posters. so please take care of yourself.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Prayers said.

This is what ER's are for. Let them make sure you're stable and don't worry about the cost. This nothing to ignore when you're Older than Dirt.

I agree. Go to ER. My daughter is much younger than both of us together and has had to go many times for dehydration and anti-throw up meds. It’s worth it to do now rather than waiting until you’re out of your mind because of it. If someone can take you that’s great. If not please call an ambulance. This can debilitate you enough they will throw you in the home. Worse you can die from it. Please?
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Praying for you, Irene.

Praying for healing an please call someone to take you to urgent care.

I am taking a Master Food Preserver class and Noro virus as well as listeria are common food born illness at communal eating get togethers. Let us know how you are doing when you are able. Can you call on someone to help you clean up the stool and vomit? A HOT soapy bleach solution is needed to kill the virus.

Potluck used to be trustworthy when we were all playing off the same recipe books, real cocoa, real oatmeal. But the amount of lo fat, instant potatoes, fake butter flavoring, sugar free products out there are rampant and can make you incredibly sick. You want to end up crawling to the toilet in excrutiating pain, try sugar free gummy bears. Hideous.

Any kind of hollandais or alfredo sauce is risky now. They hold crock pot cook offs for superbowl sunday for half time prize money for best chili, best meatballs at many bars and tailgates, using the pool table as the buffet. They used to be fun but people use cheap expired ground turkey on sale, fat free peanut butter as a thickeners, sugar free grape jelly for the meatball sauce, cheesefood macaroni and cheese.

*shaking my head*

Folks mean well, to protect heart meds and diabetic folks with low salt or low fat and often those synthetics are absolutely deadly. If you are cooking for loved ones and others, use the very best ingredients you can afford, real butter, real sour cream, real half and half for the coffee, real gelatin, real actual eggs not eggbeaters. If you are eating for holidays, you are going to gain weight anyway, so just use real sugar, real whipping cream and then diet after the new year.

nothing lite, lo or 'tastes like real butter' garbage.

A pancake breakfast fundraiser can literally send you into your bed for 3 days with those pre fabbed pre bagged scramble eggs, artificial sweetener "pancake syrup' that is brown food coloring, HFCS and no actual maple syrup in it at all, sunny d "orange drink" with not a drop of actual citrus in it.

You cannot explain to elderly women cooking for church folk, they trust the grocery supply and what the teevee sells them as the latest fat free as safe and nutritious. Just because its advertised on tv does not mean it won't make you violently ill.

Sunny D ingredients, has no business on any church or pre school table for children. Calcium enriched OJ will send gout sufferers into horrific pain too but Sunny D is little more than water, hfcs and crushed vitamin c tablets with canola oil. Less than 2 percent citrus concentrate.

WATER, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND 2% OR LESS OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: CONCENTRATED JUICES (ORANGE, TANGERINE, APPLE, LIME, GRAPEFRUIT, PEAR), CITRIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1), NATURAL FLAVORS, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, CANOLA OIL, SODIUM CITRATE, CELLULOSE GUM, SUCRALOSE.

Let us know how you are doing. OAD. We are worried about you.

If you have food poison, a dose of the correct antibiotics will start curing you in just a few hours
    Dehydration will kill your kidneys so go to the ER ASAP
    After a day or 2 of nausea vomiting and diahrea you may even need an IV

My acupuncture doctor would prefer diahrea as that is the natural way to eject toxins
    Binding the poisons inside for covenience isn’t as healthy

Adding my prayers for you and hoping you are feeling better, please go to the ER in the morning if you're not.

HD
    The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by the way you use the time that come after.- A. Fancy

I hope you are feeling better soon. It's nice to see how many on the board are worried about you. I doubt this is not your first rodeo, but, if your situation doesn't improve quickly please consider a trip to the ER? or at least a call to your doctor? If you're not getting noticeably better please don't put it off.

Don't know if it will help but for diarrhea we use the BRAT diet; bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast(dry).
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

I hardly ever post when people have problems. But each one of these people care about you OAD.
    It has been over 12 hours since you have posted. With a night to possibly get a minute or two of sleep. If you are still having any issues, go now to ER. If better, drink pedilite all day long and rest. Hoping for the best.

Adding our prayers for you, too! Definitely get to the ER/clinic/MD for a check and likely rehydration. In two separate instances, DH had food poisoning (proven by Health Dept visit), and DD and I had norovirus. Symptoms are almost the same, and none of us had rehydration at the time, we just toughed it out. We were much younger then, and even still took weeks to get our strength back.

It is very, very difficult to get rehydrated from this on your own, especially at our age now. A few yrs ago I wound up in the ER from severe dehydration (heat and stomach issues) and was rehydrated there, and bounced back pretty quickly all things considered. DD just was at an emergency clinic for a severe respiratory infection and needed rehydration. Professional rehydration does a huge amount in helping you feel better quickly.

Prayers for you that you recover quickly!
    Last edited by TxGal; 02-12-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo

If you still can't keep anything in it's time to get to the hospital. Once they get you hooked up to an i.v. with some saline you'll feel a thousand times better. It's nothing to fool around with!
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

BTTT How are you this morning, OAD?