Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Another storm (ice/snow) not just New England starting Tuesday morning.
+ Reply to Thread

2 Another storm (ice/snow) not just New England starting Tuesday morning.

pressconnects
    ‏Verified account @pressconnects
    30m30 minutes ago

#BREAKING: @NWSBinghamton has issued a #WinterStormWarning for the region starting early Tuesday morning: http://bit.ly/2DskATu

Breaking911
    ‏ @Breaking911
    3m3 minutes ago

#BREAKING: New Jersey Governor Declares State of Emergency Starting at Midnight
    - https://breaking911.com/breaking-new...g-at-midnight/

Winter storm warning issued for Southern Tier: 5-8 inches of snow possible, then ice

Updated 4:22 p.m. ET Feb. 11, 2019

While the news of Punxsutawney Phil predicting an early spring may have placated upstate New Yorkers, reality is setting in this week.

A winter storm warning is in effect in the Southern Tier of New York as a storm moves into the Northeast.

According to the National Weather Service in Binghamton, snow is expected to begin around 3 a.m. Tuesday, and the precipitation will turn into sleet and freezing rain in the afternoon and overnight into Wednesday.

Snow is expected to be heavy during the morning commute.

The NWS is predicting 5 to 8 inches of snowfall in the Southern Tier. Total snow and ice amounts will depend on how quickly the changeover occurs.

Ice accumulations of around a 10th of an inch are possible, with more in higher elevations.

Winds gusting as high as 30 mph are possible as well.

Tuesday's high temperature is expected to be 31, with a low of 28. A rise above freezing to 36 is predicted for Wednesday.

A winter storm warning is issued when a significant combination of hazardous winter weather is occurring or imminent.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/...rk/2835907002/
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mzkitty; 02-12-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Well that map leaves Maine out and according to the lastest warnings we are supposed to get up to a foot of new snow........gag......... we have around 3 ft ON THE GROUND that hasn't been snow blowed or plowed. If we get another foot that will make the total 4 ft on the ground......sigh........

Not going to have to worry about a dry well for awhile this spring/summer I guess........

I am SO ready for spring this year. Tired of snow/icy roads, driveway and other places that I have to traverse each day......
    You guys to the west and south of us, quit sending the precip..........we gots enough already!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

You guys are getting the same messes we are contending with here..only a day or so later. It's been non-stop snow and cold...at least 3-4 inches every night and it adds up. Haha! I buried the truck on my way down with the garbage for "garbage day" this morning. Didn't think it had drifted as much as it did last night! Getting the 4x4 truck unstuck is always an extra fun chore . About an hour of shoveling but, hey...who needs to pay for a gym membership.

Plow guy just showed up, and a good thing because more snow coming tonight and tomorrow. One of the dogs is scheduled for surgery early morning on Wednesday, and it would be nice to be able to get out and not have to cancel for crap weather.

4. Yep, over a foot of snow expected her in northern MI, with another foot of snow already on the ground (sandwiched between two layers of ice). And people can’t figure out why we want to move farther south...?

We're getting some of this right now! Started last night with a little snow sleet mix and gave us an 1 1/2 inch of crunchy snow and today with the temps hovering around 32F we got frozen rain all day and now back to frozen rain-sleet mix and the ice is building up and how much of a shellacking we will get remains to be seen as there is more in the forecast.
    Last edited by Publius; 02-12-2019 at 04:39 AM.

just got the truck back from the shop yesterday

we had 2 'ice events' last week

nothing major, but just enuf to fill the cavity below the windshield, with ice

(where the wiper motor etc, is)

froze the area solid so the wipers would not work

I don't have an area with heat to let it thaw naturally so had to take it to the shop$$$

hairdryer last week on frozen pipes did not work well and we have forecasts for major snow event today

so I really needed the wipers working

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    We're getting some of this right now! Started last night with a little snow sleet mix and gave us an 1 1/2 inch of crunchy snow and today with the temps hovering around 32F we got frozen rain all day and now back to frozen rain-sleet mix and the ice is building up and how much of a shellacking we will get remains to be seen as there is more in the forecast.

I don't know how much more it's going to take before tree limbs start breaking off. I just got up half an hour ago and loading the wood stove and the rain is still coming down and the outdoor temp is 30F everything has a layer of ice on it.

I'm pretty iced in now too. Coming down, it sounds more wet - but it's freezing on contact with everything. NWS advisory extends till 1 pm; when I assume the temp will be as high as it's going to get today. Dog had to go potty downstairs, just off the porch in the flower bed; everything is downhill from here and slick as all get out.

Gonna stay a snow event up here in the mtns. Yeah! We don't need anymore ice layers. Got those.......Snow can be plowed or snowblowed. Ice has to be sanded at the tune of $50 each time the driveway gets sanded. We used to do that ourselves but neither of us can lift pails of sand around anymore. We do keep a few buckets in the shed to get by with until our sand guy comes. (different guy from who plows and snowblows.) The road is already glazed up with ice from last week's rain........ good thing studded tires are legal up here in the winter. We don't have them but the plow guy does or some of those guys just use chains.

Winter this year,.......

In like a lamb, out like a lion.

Summer aught to be fun!

Looks all white and gloomy out my windows, not going out today. Blah. Chicago got it worse though.

Latest Forecast

13 WHAM Weather Authority Forecast
    Updated at 2/12/2019 at 7:40 AM

Today:
    Snow continues through the morning. It will change to a mix of sleet and freezing rain during the afternoon. Approximately 3-6 inches of snow, before changing to sleet and freezing rain.
    High: 34
    Wind: E/SE 15-30 mph, gusts to 35 mph

Tuesday Night:
    Wintry mix in the evening changes to rain showers.
    Low: 34, then increasing slightly
    Wind: S/SW 15-35 mph

Wednesday:
    Turning colder, and very windy, with snow showers.
    Temperature falling through the 30s
    Wind: SW 20-45 mph, gusts over 50 mph

--------------------

AccuWeather
    ‏Verified account @breakingweather
    39m39 minutes ago

Over 400 flights have been cancelled at LaGuardia Airport in NYC, while another 200 have been canceled at JFK Airport. Track the latest storm reports on the #snow and #ice:
    http://ow.ly/DQd330nFGKJ

Christine Caston
    ‏ @CastonChris
    53m53 minutes ago

#ICE #storm in #chicago #goldcoast 🥶❄️🥶50 mile an hour #wind on the way.. Ice already falling off buildings in the loop.. be careful.. bring pets inside
    🥶 https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyMVL1j...d=yzo5uh3pd0l5

Scott Larson
    @disfan59
    1h1 hour ago

Another day another ice storm. Second ice storm in a week. Mother Nature is providing an awful mix. Winter be gone
    #Chicago #Fog #Ice #Snow #Wind
    Attached Images

Maryland and Ohio. Don't know what the toilet reference is.

SLABaltimore
    ‏ @SLABaltimore
    26s26 seconds ago

Another day, another ice storm! #baltimore #charmcity #catonsville #oella #ice #badweather @ Oella, Maryland https://www.instagram.com/p/BtyTU1gH...d=47fqbuciuozp

M. Grogan
    ‏ @GroganAlgo
    5m5 minutes ago

What part of toilet garbage disposal doesn’t twitter get? Idea for sale (lol). Stuck in the pitch black because 1/4” ice took electricity away from me today #Ohio #Ice #Storm #Midwest #bored
    Attached Images

We're just wet n yer frizzen.... yeah been DAT kinda winter!!

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I don't know how much more it's going to take before tree limbs start breaking off. I just got up half an hour ago and loading the wood stove and the rain is still coming down and the outdoor temp is 30F everything has a layer of ice on it.

Standing outside I can hear the crashing of limbs in the distance and two right outside my home the power has not so much as flickered and that can change and we be without power for who knows how long.
    They are saying it's supposed to warm up to 37 with all day rain and it's 10:17AM so far it has not happened the temp is at 31F and holding.

Trees covered in ice this morning. The folks lost power. I'm still running without hot water thanks to my well pump finally giving out--it's a push-pull pump so you know how old that is--so we're all kind of in a bit of a crack this morning. The good news, if you can call it that, is that the well pump replacement folks have been forced to juggle their schedules due to the icing, but now can come to my house a bit sooner, so I may have hot water again today after being without since Sunday.

This is not the way I wanted to get it back, though, honestly; I was doing at least passably well with hot water a liter at a time from my electric kettle--was planning to get a camp shower to fill in later today--and could have waited. But I'll be glad to see it again.

WeatherTalk
    ‏ @WeatherTalk
    49m49 minutes ago

For the #northeast, yet another #ElNino-type #winter storm with a prominent "warm nose" turning much of the early #snow to #sleet/#Ice and lots of #rain...

Zoey's Swag
    ‏ @zstorefront18
    46m46 minutes ago

My thoughts and prayers are out to anyway who are or may be affected by this. Stay safe 🙏🙏
    #Blizzard #WinterStorm #ice
    Major winter storm bringing dangerous snow, ice, rain to rush hour commutes - ABC News https://abcnews.go.com/US/major-wint...ry?id=61012693 … (via @ABC)

2h ago

A major winter storm is barreling through the Northeast Tuesday, bringing dangerous snow, ice and rain to rush hour commutes.

Over 1,800 Tuesday flights had been canceled. The hardest hit airport was LaGuardia in New York City with over 470 flights canceled.

The snow falling in New York City Tuesday morning is forecast to continue through the early afternoon before changing to sleet and rain.

The afternoon commute "will likely be a slow slog," said New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, who declared a state of emergency.

"We continue to urge everybody to please take it slow and proceed with caution," Murphy told reporters Tuesday.

In Boston, the snow begins in the afternoon and will be heavy at times -- the worst timing for the evening commute.

Public schools in Worcester, Massachusetts, are among those closed.

The snow will eventually change to rain for all the Northeast coastal cities, but inland, it's a different story. In Pennsylvania, New York state and New England, some areas may see up to 1 foot of snow.

Washington, D.C., should see rain exclusively from the big storm.

Philadelphia is forecast to get 1 to 2 inches of snow and sleet

New York City is expected to get 2 to 3 inches of snow before getting sleet and freezing rain

Boston is forecast for 4 to 5 inches of snow as well as sleet and freezing rain.

Meanwhile, in the Midwest, a major ice storm struck overnight in Chicago, coating power lines and the city's airports.

Wisconsin and Michigan may be in for 1 foot of snow with ice expected from Chicago to Detroit.

And on the West Coast, Seattle is buried under record-breaking snow.

Seattle was hit on Monday with its fourth snowstorm in one week.

With more than 20 inches from the storms, the city is experiencing its snowiest February on record and snowiest overall month in 50 years.

That storm is now headed for California, which should see significant rainfall in San Francisco and then Los Angeles.

The heaviest rainfall will be in Northern California, where residents could see more than 4 inches of rain.

Lots of pictures:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/major-wint...ry?id=61012693
    Attached Images

Posted 2 hours ago:
    Attached Images

Rob Delp Weather
    ‏ @livewxradar
    21s21 seconds ago

CURRENT RADAR MAP 2:35 PM EST see this map live at http://www.weather.pub
    #wx #weather #news #humid #hot #storm #heavy #rain #flood #thunderstorm #thunder #Tuesday #snow #ice
    Attached Images