Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Son taken to ER - UPDATE, post 178
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Prayers added!
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

My prayers added now, too.
    Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

Sending my prayers for your son, you, and all family members.

My prayers added also

Adding prayers for your son, you and yours and his medical staff.

Praying just now.

((( Dinghy ))

Thank you all again! Things look a little better. The scans came back good. Still only know that he’s in Keto Acidosis. His sugar was 1500 when he got here, and the last I heard, it was down to 1100. His pupils responded when they checked them. They are keeping him sedated still. I’ll update again when I can.
    I could make it cheaper!!!

Prayers sent.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Thanks for the updates. Continued prayers.
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one 6' college bound "little bit"

Bless your heart, how scary! Just stopped to pray for God's perfect will and promise to continue.
    For those who believe in the Resurrection, death is inconsequential
    http://needgoodnews.com

prayers added

Prayers said.

Adding my prayers.
    Visit me on Etsy: ModernMaille

Late to the thread Dinghy - be assured of prayers going up for you, he and all concerned
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Just seeing this now and am praying for your son and your family. Diabetes is an awful disease!
    "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:25-26)

Sending prayers.
    Is today the day?

Just saw this, will be praying.
    This might hurt a little.

Thank you for the update!

My prayers included here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinghy View Post
    Thank you all again! Things look a little better. The scans came back good. Still only know that he’s in Keto Acidosis. His sugar was 1500 when he got here, and the last I heard, it was down to 1100. His pupils responded when they checked them. They are keeping him sedated still. I’ll update again when I can.
    well, it's progress. How old is he? Adult or Juvie Diabetes?

Remember-I was Diabetic from 22mos so I know symptoms and side-effects.

My best for him.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"The Joys of Gunslinging. It's Win-Win. Freedom or Glory."

Any blood sugar over 180 is organ damage. Keto Acidosis is definitely life threatening and his blood sugar is many times what it should be. I bet your son is type 1 diabetic as Keto Acidosis is rare in Type 2. Either way, I will keep your son in my thoughts.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

prayers sent he has full recovery.

Still improving, but they said they wouldn’t be surprised if he had a heart attack because of the stress of everything fluctuating. Kidneys are functioning a little better. His sugar is down in the lower 800s now. Not sure what his brain function is going to be.

Sat.. he has adult onset type 1 a b or something goofy like that, not straight 1. He is 44, and had a massive heart attack when he was 32 or 34. Luckily he was already in the hospital with Keto Acidosis when he had it. They rushed him to surgery and put in a stent.

My kids went to get me something to eat, so I’ll be going to the waiting room shortly. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes! You’re helping me and him a lot!!

Just seeing this now, adding my prayers for your son's full recovery.

HD
    The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by the way you use the time that come after.- A. Fancy

Prayers are working!! My sons sugar is down in the 500s now and the Keto Acidosis has resolved. He flinched when they wiped his eyes and they had to sedate him again, but that reaction is a good sign. His temperature is at the low end of normal. Not out of the woods, but much improved. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!

Just saw this>>>>>>lifting you both up in prayer and asking God's precious mercy and a full and complete recovery for your son!
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Praying for your son, and for you and family!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

Prayers for a complete recovery for your son and peace for you and all the family.
    dc

Still praying Dinghy, thanks for the updates.

Prayers sent.

Prayers sent
    "It is never the tigers that get you. It is always the gnats."

Quote Originally Posted by Dinghy View Post
    Prayers are working!! My sons sugar is down in the 500s now and the Keto Acidosis has resolved. He flinched when they wiped his eyes and they had to sedate him again, but that reaction is a good sign. His temperature is at the low end of normal. Not out of the woods, but much improved. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!
    Praise our Father! Praying for your son, and your family.
    LeV

Let me add my meager words to the Lord on his (and your) behalf!

Continuing prayers.
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Sounds like he is going in the right direction! Prayers continuing.
    Sherry in GA

Adding our prayers for you all!

Praying for healing and comfort.

The question is, how, exactly, did he get this way? Did he fail to take care of himself somehow, or did his body malfunction?

I just came out of his room. He’s doing good. They think his insulin level was goofed up. I wondered right away if he was trying to stretch it until he got paid. I told him to let one of us know any time he needed help, but he’s bull headed. I talked to the doctor and they’re going to have social services get him help. I’m going to talk to the doctor about making him get an insulin pump. The doctors all have said they have never seen anybody with those sugar levels survive. He was born 3 months premature, and has been a fighter from the start.