Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    It won’t pass the senate, but I believe Trump would in fact sign it.
    If he did, I believe his base would leave him !!!

"No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    The Injustice Dept, I think under Obama even, has written an opinion that a ban on private gun sales is impossible to enforce without complete gun registration.

Ghost guns.

Ghost guns.
    Dont worry, they have a law ready to go for that also. It is so "Inclusive" that it bans any and all parts for any "Assault weapon" from being sold, even the forgings used by liscensed manfacturers would be banned.

Some of its joy is below...

“…PROHIBIT THE SALE, ACQUISITION, DISTRIBUTION IN COMMERCE, OR IMPORT INTO THE UNITED STATES OF CERTAIN FIREARM RECEIVER CASTINGS OR BLANKS, ASSAULT WEAPON PARTS KITS, AND MACHINEGUN PARTS KITS [….]”

That also pertains to the marketing and advertising of guns, gun kits and parts “on any medium of electronic communications” and would require any homemade firearms to have serial numbers for appropriate tracing.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrybumpkin View Post
    I can't believe they are going for guns...I figured they would background check and tax the hell out of ammo...guns ain't worth a damn without it...
    THIS !!!

Buy it cheap, stack it deep !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

F'em

At that point I'd go ahead and drill the 3rd hole...

It won’t pass the senate, but I believe Trump would in fact sign it.
    I would hope he would not !!!

But, he is from NY, and after his " Take the guns first, then due process later " that leaves me very, very worried !!! I still remember the lesson of Troy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    If he did, I believe his base would leave him !!!

Trump wouldn't care. Politicians don't care if we dislike them. We allow them to rule over us.

CommieCrats, and CommiePublicans are a CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER to the USA !!!

This is the "Good old days" of gun ownership. Future generations will be in awe of how good we had it, and curse us for allowing it to be taken away.

They will barely be able to imagine buying unlimited, cheap ammo on the internet, shipped right to yor door with no permit or background check.

They wont beleive that we could order entire AR15 parts kits for $250 delivered to our. door.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    This is the "Good old days" of gun ownership. Future generations will be in awe of how good we had it, and curse us for allowing it to be taken away.

They will barely be able to imagine buying unlimited, cheap ammo on the internet, shipped right to yor door with no permit or background check.

They wont beleive that we could order entire AR15 parts kits for $250 delivered to our. door.
    Agreed

for the life of me, i can not understand what is the alleged constitutional justification for anything like this, i.e. the intrastate sale and purchase of a firearm between two private parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreally View Post
    for the life of me, i can not understand what is the alleged constitutional justification for anything like this, i.e. the intrastate sale and purchase of a firearm between two private parties.
    I don't know about you but I'm tired of saying things like this. THEY DON'T CARE WHAT IS CONSTITUTIONAL OR NOT! Do you remember how they got around that with obamacare? Roberts went belly up and screwed all of us.
    They have shown their true faces and don't care that we know they are trying to kill this country.
    The time for talk is over.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    — Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    They wont believe that we could order entire AR15 parts kits for $250 delivered to our. door.
    Got a website? I got the $250.

JefFREE
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post
    Au contraire mon frère...

He is on record as having concealed carry and actually carrying.
    That was back in the early 2000s. He was a rich billionaire and if he in fact still has a concealed carry permit it would not be valid in DC. I believe he initially got his permit long before he even thought of running for President, so good on him for that. He might have gotten it on recommendation of his long time private security lead.
    One liberal group is suing to see his actual concealed carry permit, or to verify that it is actually still valid. So far it's release has been blocked. Also there are many that I know personally that have their CCW permit but never carry, and in fact never go shoot.
    Also one of the news stories says he was given at least one of the guns as a present.
    Ever see any news stories of the President or his family, with the exceptions of his two sons, going shooting?
    Sorry I was distracted by my fantasy of picturing Milania on the range.

That being said, I do believe he is sincere in his desire to protect firearm rights as he views them, which probably isn't the exact same way you and I do.

Will he sign an outright ban? No.
    But he just might sign a bill that nips around the edge of gun rights such as private sales if he gets other concessions from Congress. Remember he does support restricting the age for purchasing rifles. And then there is always that never forget moment, when in the heat of negotiations, that he made that statement about "confiscate the gun now, and due process later".

All that being said, most of us would be in jail right now if Hillary was elected and the Dems somehow managed to flip the Senate. So yeah, I support all Trump is trying to do for gun rights and I just hope he doesn't backslide.

Oh, and the web says that Reagan was the last President to actually carry, and that was only after he was shot and recovered, and even then it was only part time on special occasions.
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Eleanor Roosevelt used to pack heat. She didn't want the SS always dogging her. Maybe her driver carried too. But I was surprised to hear that she herself was packing. My opinion of her went up considerably after that.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Yes, that's the plan. one step at a time.

Thats only way it's going to happen if we let them do it to us. They will try to force the registration of every sale or transfer privatly owned weapons from one citizen to the next. The federal government will have a state by state and county by county list of every weapons owner in the country. Notice I do use the word gun, but weapons which is interchangable with "ARMS" which we are allowed to own and bear-carry without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Thats only way it's going to happen if we let them do it to us. They will try to force the registration of every sale or transfer privatly owned weapons from one citizen to the next. The federal government will have a state by state and county by county list of every weapons owner in the country. Notice I do use the word gun, but weapons which is interchangable with "ARMS" which we are allowed to own and bear-carry without question.
    And it will happen; within a generation or two the US will be just like Great Britain. The only question is how long it will take.

Gun shows and shooting ranges- it’s all middle aged or old people. Kids just aren’t that interested and/or are even anti gun.

I live in a rural area and it’s nothing like it used to be. We’ve lost the demographic battle.

I know people will post about how it’s not like that in their area or they know kids that love the gun culture, and sure there still are those kids- but not enough. The pendulum has swung.

Kids just aren’t that interested and/or are even anti gun.

Their gun range is a TV screen and game console.

Quote Originally Posted by Normallguy View Post
    Got a website? I got the $250.

JefFREE
    The cheapest one on today is $279, but it has upgraded O.D. color furniture.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...516446411.html

We're missing the obvious. Border Wall funding gets attached as a rider and voila, passed and signed.

All spending bills originate in the house.

If he got it back when I got mine from NY, it likely died about 60 days ago. They FINALLY forced an expiry on us old fogeys who were deemed trustworthy....
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Oreally View Post
    Go back & study history !!! All tyrants, dictators want to disarm the population FIRST. Hitler disarmed all Jews BEFORE he loaded them onto cattle cars to go to Auschwitz, Dachau, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    Eleanor Roosevelt used to pack heat. She didn't want the SS always dogging her. Maybe her driver carried too. But I was surprised to hear that she herself was packing. My opinion of her went up considerably after that.
    A lot of people carried in those days. After all what was the point of having one if you weren't going to carry it and there were minimal or no restrictions. Unlike today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    And it will happen; within a generation or two the US will be just like Great Britain. The only question is how long it will take.

Gun shows and shooting ranges- it’s all middle aged or old people. Kids just aren’t that interested and/or are even anti gun.

I live in a rural area and it’s nothing like it used to be. We’ve lost the demographic battle.

I know people will post about how it’s not like that in their area or they know kids that love the gun culture, and sure there still are those kids- but not enough. The pendulum has swung.
    It has until the next war.

Judiciary committee markup on the bill is scheduled for tomorrow (Weds). We'll see what comes out.