Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

https://www.breitbart.com/podcast/20...les-this-week/

House Democrats Plan Vote to Criminalize Private Gun Sales This Week

10 Feb 2019

House Democrats plan to move legislation criminalizing private gun sales out of committee and get it to the floor for a vote this week.

On January 8, Breitbart News reported that House Democrats introduced the legislation, dubbed H.R. 8, in honor of the eighth anniversary of the January 8, 2011, attack on Gabby Giffords.

Giffords stood with the Democrats as they introduced their gun control:
    It is truly blessing to have former Rep. @GabbyGiffords join us to introduce #HR8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019, eight years after the Tucson shooting. https://t.co/ePopfptJV9

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 8, 2019
    H.R. 8 would outlaw the private gun sales Americans have enjoyed since December 15, 1791, the date on which the Second Amendment was ratified. This would criminalize a neighbor who sold a gun to lifelong neighbor without first getting government permission via a background check. It would also criminalize a friend for selling a gun to lifelong friend without government permission.

Ironically, the bill would have done nothing to stop the attack on Gabby Giffords because her attacker did not buy his gun privately. Rather, he passed a background check to acquire the gun retail.

Moreover, H.R. 8 would have done nothing to stop nearly every mass shooter to date in the 21st century. This is because nearly every mass shooter acquired his guns via background checks, rather than private gun sales. The exceptions are those who stole their guns.

Yet Democrats are rushing this legislation to the House floor for a vote. Reuters reports that the House Judiciary Panel “will mark up the bill…on February 13 and send it to the House floor for a vote.”
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

Anyone supporting or voting yes on this bill need to be arrested and tried for treason, appropriate sentence carried out immediately. The ONLY reason to illegally defy our National Law is to overthrow the government.

"All right. They're on our left; they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us. . .they can't get away this time."

They are in a mad dash to suppress and eventually eliminate the Bill of Rights because it stands in the way of creating their dream plutocratic tyrannical "paradise"....

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    They are in a mad dash to suppress and eventually eliminate the Bill of Rights because it stands in the way of creating their dream plutocratic tyrannical "paradise"....
    and to attempt as much as they can before it is revealed that RBG is flash frozen

(moreover it won't pass Senate or Trump's desk)
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Get them while you can.....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Ghost guns...

It will pass both houses of Congress, and in my opinion there’s a really good chance Trump will sign it

False flag in 3...2..1

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    It will pass both houses of Congress, and in my opinion there’s a really good chance Trump will sign it
    I think you need another cup of coffeffe.

2db

Quote Originally Posted by 2dollarbill View Post
    I think you need another cup of coffeffe.

2db
    Watch and see..... He supported it last year when congress couldn’t pass it

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1G31K6

Trump backs effort to improve gun background checks

PALM BEACH, Fla./WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Monday that President Donald Trump supports efforts to improve federal background checks for gun purchases, days after a shooting at a Florida school killed 17 people.

Trump spoke to Senator John Cornyn, a Republican, on Friday about a bipartisan bill that he and Democratic Senator Chris Murphy introduced to improve federal compliance with criminal background checks, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said.

“While discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered, the president is supportive of efforts to improve the federal background check system,” Sanders said in a statement.

Students, many using the mantra NeverAgain, are mobilizing around the country in favor of stronger gun laws after the deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history took place on Wednesday at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where a former student is accused of murdering 17 people using an assault-style rifle.

Placards and letters are shown, signed by worshipers at Christ Church United Methodist Church in response to shootings in nearby Parkland, Florida which will be sent to legislators and officials in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S. February 18, 2018. REUTERS/Joe Skipper
    Previous mass shootings in the United States have also stirred outrage and calls for action to tighten U.S. gun laws, with few results in Congress.

Trump, who visited survivors of the shooting and law enforcement officials on Friday night before spending the weekend at his property in Palm Spring, Florida, is a strong supporter of gun rights and won the endorsement of the National Rifle Association, the powerful gun lobby group, for his 2016 presidential campaign.

He angered some students by suggesting in a tweet on Saturday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had missed signs that the school shooter was troubled because it was distracted by its investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election. The FBI has acknowledged it failed to act on a tip flagging concerns about the suspect, Nikolas Cruz.

Many Republicans generally oppose measures to tighten gun restrictions, citing the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment protection of the right to bear arms.

Former President Barack Obama and many of his fellow Democrats unsuccessfully pushed to pass gun control legislation after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012.

Cornyn and Murphy introduced their bill to improve federal background checks last November, days after a gunman killed more than two dozen people in a church in Texas.

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with law enforcement at the Broward County Sheriff's Office in the wake of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S., February 16, 2018. REUTERS/Eric Thayer
    The bill, called the Fix NICS Act, would ensure that states and federal agencies comply with existing law on reporting criminal history records to the national background check system.

Cornyn, of Texas, had complained when introducing the legislation that compliance by agencies was “lousy.”

Students are planning a “March For Our Lives” in Washington on March 24 to call attention to school safety and ask lawmakers to enact gun control. [nL2N1Q900C]

Midwesterner Klobuchar joins crowded 2020 race
    Some students reacted with caution to Trump’s support on background checks.

“We want to prevent mass shootings from happening and while this could have happened with other types of weapons, NeverAgain believes school safety should be priority right now, not just background checks,” said Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Kali Clougherty, 18, referring to a campaign for gun control. “This is about the victims. Don’t forget that; we never will.”

Trump is scheduled to host a “listening session” with high school students and teachers on Wednesday.

Dozens of high school students protested in front of the White House on Monday, chanting “We want safe schools!” and “Hey! Hey! NRA how many kids did you kill today?”

Crystal Jordan, a 15-year old from Spotsylvania, Virginia, said it was scary to go to school now.

“It’s OK to obtain a gun, like a handgun, but not an assault rifle,” she said, adding that she hoped Trump and Congress would issue laws to strengthen background checks, ban assault rifles and prevent people with mental problems from accessing guns.

It won’t pass the senate, but I believe Trump would in fact sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Hopefully not, but it already has 41 cosponsers in the senate and a similar bill is being pushed by John Cornyn which will give republicans cover to support it

Co-sponsors don’t mean squat. That’s just virtue signaling.

That will be subversion of the Constitution and your Bill of Rights, removing all Authority granted to the Body doing it. Congress and Senate will nullify themselves in the process, returning full Sovereignty, Authority’s, and Jurisdiction back to the American People, until they decide how they would like to go forward. You’re Supreme Court should ripple themes a new one for it, call for the arrest of all culprits, and charge them with Higher Treason (which is what it is, as Blackstone ‘s Judicial reference work confirms. We have exactly the same problem this side of the Pond. Our own Parliament has invalidated itself, and everyone in it is there illegally, passing illegally legislation, and receiving wages and expenses under false pretences, etc. Belive it or not, in our case subversion of the Constitution goes back to the 1911 Parliament Act, if not earlier, and everything done since the day it was finalises, has been illegal. Big example. All Publicly Debts entered intoxicating were done with no legal Authority, meaning the British People are not liabile. Liability for repayment shouldn’t therefore lie with those who srranged the loans. You might be able to benefit from such a situation yourself into the USA, if you can locate a previous date when your Constitutional was subverted, and no remedial repairs were done?

eta: to illustrates, the unConstitutional 1911 Parliament Act still hasn’t been tepealed, so subversion of our Constitution continues to this day. I hope that helps.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it isn't the end."

What next? No more garage sales.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

The fact that the Democraps are coming out with the bill was a given, and it will probably pass the House. There are many more of these bills in the pipe coming our way.

The Senate may not pass anti-gun bills, and yet they may, we are just one Sandy Hook away from finding out.

As for President Trump, he doesn't hold our hard line view on the 2nd and may consider some of the Bills to be "reasonable." He is really the wild card in all of this. He supported "strengthening background checks." But what exactly does that mean? Making sure military criminal records are included? Information of mental health? Who the hell knows at this point?

I just know that the owner of my store has given me a budget to spend and the biggest part of that budget will be toward parts and pieces. Receivers, barrels, etc. The next biggest will be off the shelf items.

I guess we shall see what happens.....

You’re Supreme Court should ripple themes a new one for it

Um, what?

Seems to me, knowing these type things will not pass, it is virtue signaling indeed with the intent of going on record being for these progressive things to make their candidacy stronger.

They are tripping all over themselves to see who can go the furthest left the fastest.

My hope is that alienates a majority of their base but I'm not hopeful.
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Seems to me, knowing these type things will not pass, it is virtue signaling indeed with the intent of going on record being for these progressive things to make their candidacy stronger.

They are tripping all over themselves to see who can go the furthest left the fastest.

My hope is that alienates a majority of their base but I'm not hopeful.
    Oh they are not just virtue signalling, they really mean to pass every one of these laws and they will continue to hammer at them until they do pass. Killing off the 2nd is a requirement to their eventual success, and they know that.

As for alienating the majority of their base, no, keep in mind that their base believes that those laws will not be used against their fellow Marxist, but only against us. Yes, that is insane, but we already know that they are crazy as hell.

I fear the Senate will follow suit, Trump will sign. Next the magazine ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I fear the Senate will follow suit, Trump will sign. Next the magazine ban.
    I don’t think it will happen but if it does, so what? I have not seen a piece of paper yet that is able to disarm me. I wonder at times if we are cut from the same piece of cloth as our forefathers. Seems like a lot of folk are ready to throw in the towel before anything even happens.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    I don’t think it will happen but if it does, so what? I have not seen a piece of paper yet that is able to disarm me. I wonder at times if we are cut from the same piece of cloth as our forefathers. Seems like a lot of folk are ready to throw in the towel before anything even happens.
    HF,

Going by the compliance rates in states that have already passed these laws, there are a lot of us that feel the same way you do. I have a right to chose, and have already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    Nah. Most of that cloth wore out and was discarded then replaced with Paisley print covered in Pansies.

Shit-guys want to be girls, chicks with dicks sue to be reffered to as Women, Everyone else wants to be a 'ze' or 'zay' or some nonsense, many blacks were slaves and demand reparations after 150 years and Trillions spent on them to no good, Women still aren't "Equal" because having every right a man has is meaningless and the list goes on.

So no, there is no cloth, the Tide Pod Eaters misplaced it or used it for TP.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"The Joys of Gunslinging. It's Win-Win. Freedom or Glory."

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    Oh they are not just virtue signalling, they really mean to pass every one of these laws and they will continue to hammer at them until they do pass. Killing off the 2nd is a requirement to their eventual success, and they know that.

As for alienating the majority of their base, no, keep in mind that their base believes that those laws will not be used against their fellow Marxist, but only against us. Yes, that is insane, but we already know that they are crazy as hell.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by thompson View Post

Yet Democrats are rushing this legislation to the House floor for a vote. Reuters reports that the House Judiciary Panel “will mark up the bill…on February 13 and send it to the House floor for a vote.”
    It's asinine. Even if this passes, even if it gets through the Senate, even IF it gets past Trump, it won't make a lick of difference. Everyone will just backdate their claims to February 12, 2019.

There's no paper trail. There's no way law enforcement can possibly show up at every yard sale looking for illegal sales. Your neighbor is NOT part of a sting operation.

I know there are a few turncoat Republicans in the senate, but they will need 60 votes to get it passed.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    I know there are a few turncoat Republicans in the senate, but they will need 60 votes to get it passed.
    The House passing is a no brainer. Even though 60 votes in the Senate sounds like a lot, it ain't really. Only need 10-14 rhino's and it's done there.

RINO: Republican In Name Only

Rhino: A large african mammal with a horn on its nose.

Trump would veto something like this in the blink of an eye.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

I concur. Undoubtedly.
    Sub-Zero

RINO: Republican In Name Only

Rhino: A large african mammal with a horn on its nose.

For a few of the R’s either name might apply.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    The fact that the Democraps are coming out with the bill was a given, and it will probably pass the House. There are many more of these bills in the pipe coming our way.

The Senate may not pass anti-gun bills, and yet they may, we are just one Sandy Hook away from finding out.

As for President Trump, he doesn't hold our hard line view on the 2nd and may consider some of the Bills to be "reasonable." He is really the wild card in all of this. He supported "strengthening background checks." But what exactly does that mean? Making sure military criminal records are included? Information of mental health? Who the hell knows at this point?

I just know that the owner of my store has given me a budget to spend and the biggest part of that budget will be toward parts and pieces. Receivers, barrels, etc. The next biggest will be off the shelf items.

I guess we shall see what happens.....
    I agree completely with your post.
    It'll probably pass the house, and there will be a bunch more coming down the pipeline.
    It probably won't make it through the Senate, but it could, depending on the latest mass shooting.
    I also agree that to Trump the 2nd amendment doesn't really mean that much except as a campaign PR thing.
    He is not a gun enthusiast and probably never owned a gun, and doesn't have that much knowledge about them.
    So yeah, the possibility is there for something like this to go through if the conditions are right.
    Sad, but that is the reality.

If anyone needs more firearms or ammo, it would be wise to get them now.
    "When you're dead, you don't even know you're dead.
    It's difficult only for others.
    It's the same when you're stupid."

Democrats-COSCO-and boatloads of AK’s for street gangs.

Some of us recall their old tricks from the 90’s.

Molon Labe

Who is John Galt?

Scribbles on paper mean squat.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    He is not a gun enthusiast and probably never owned a gun, and doesn't have that much knowledge about them.
    Au contraire mon frčre...

He is on record as having concealed carry and actually carrying.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...d-trumps-guns/

Donald Trump's guns

By Emily Miller The Washington Times -
    November 14, 2012, 09:06PM

Donald Trump will admit that he has a concealed carry permit in New York City, but he doesn’t like to go into detail bout what guns he owns. Until now.

I interviewed the real estate mogul in Florida during the Republican convention in late August and asked him about his gun ownership. “I have a carry permit - I’ve said that publicly,” he told me. “I own a couple of different guns, but I don’t talk about it.”

I mentioned that I bought a Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm last February. The billionaire’s director of security, Keith Schiller, who was protecting him on the trip, said that he also owned a Sig. We discussed the function and fit and styles. The gun owners’ friendly conversation seemed to give Mr .Trump the comfort to give out details on his gun collection.

The star of “Celebrity Apprentice” said he owns a “H&K .45 and a .38 Smith & Wesson.”

Asked about the gun-control measures being pushed by people like New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, Mr. Trump said that, “The way I view it, if nobody has guns, then only the bad guys have them. And they aren’t giving up their guns.”

I mentioned the dangers of gun-free zones like Washington, D.C. and, largely, Manhattan because of all the red tape it takes to exercise the right to bear arms.

Mr. Trump said an example of this was seen in the Aurora, Colo. shooting. “If some of the people in the movie theater had a gun, they’d have been shooting at him. Nobody had a gun so they were totally defenseless.”

The Donald is a true Second Amendment enthusiast.
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

I can't believe they are going for guns...I figured they would background check and tax the hell out of ammo...guns ain't worth a damn without it...
    A socialist will trample over one hundred poor people just for the chance to throw a rock at a rich man.

Its my personal property and I do not need their permission to sell or it trade it with another citizen.
    I highly doubt they can show this will reduce crime one bit, but a way for the federal government track who has a gun and who does not. They are not supposed to know who owns a weapon or who has multiple weapon's if there were the case our founders would have made it so right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Intestinal Fortitude View Post
    and to attempt as much as they can before it is revealed that RBG is flash frozen

(moreover it won't pass Senate or Trump's desk)
    And when these demonic pieces of crap control the House AND the Senate, we will be well and truly phukt.
    Last edited by Bumpkin; 02-11-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Capitalization
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

The Injustice Dept, I think under Obama even, has written an opinion that a ban on private gun sales is impossible to enforce without complete gun registration.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

The Injustice Dept, I think under Obama even, has written an opinion that a ban on private gun sales is impossible to enforce without complete gun registration.
    Yes, that's the plan. one step at a time.