Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS The Walking Dead Returns
+ Reply to Thread

18 The Walking Dead Returns

TONIGHT !!
    Be Safe

To kill the vampires you must lead them into the light.

They will come for you next !

Call me less than excited, series has sadly run its course in my eyes.

Whoo-hoo!

It does seem to have evolved to a point where, I don't know, it doesn't matter?

Still there are characters I want to see what happens to them so for now, I'm still watching.
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quit watching it the middle of last season.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    It does seem to have evolved to a point where, I don't know, it doesn't matter?

Still there are characters I want to see what happens to them so for now, I'm still watching.
    Most of my favorite characters are gone. I wonder if Maggie will come back?
    Definitely not as excited about the show as I used to be, but still watching.
    "There is only one success....
    to be able to spend your life in your own way."
    Christopher Morley

Michone is supposed to be leaving

I’ll watch it through the end of this season. After that, I’m pretty much done with it.

Watching the next to last episode in the lead up to the new episode right now.

I'll keep watching for now, but Michone and Maggie have turned into pissy bitches with a chip on their shoulders. Oh and Jesus died
    We'll see how it goes for the first couple of episodes this season.
    "When you're dead, you don't even know you're dead.
    It's difficult only for others.
    It's the same when you're stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I’ll watch it through the end of this season. After that, I’m pretty much done with it.
    I think this is the last season ? If so I am done too. Edited to add.... Looks like they are doing a season 10. One season too many I think.
    Be Safe

To kill the vampires you must lead them into the light.

They will come for you next !

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    I'll be watching. The Whisperers have me intrigued. Supposedly worse than Negan. And Judith has grabbed my interest.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Quote Originally Posted by Marthanoir View Post
    Michone is supposed to be leaving
    Got a link for that?

I'm not sad to see Rick gone.

Going to watch and see. Don't like where they took ?Maggies character in the last couple of seasons so not really going to miss her and no-she is not coming back. Maybe guest appearances like Rick is slated to do.

There is some debate they may turn Daryl into a Homo.

No real Main characters left so will see what happens.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"The Joys of Gunslinging. It's Win-Win. Freedom or Glory."

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    Got a link for that?

Going to watch and see. Don't like where they took ?Maggies character in the last couple of seasons so not really going to miss her and no-she is not coming back. Maybe guest appearances like Rick is slated to do.

Carol is still the best and the baddest...Some of the new characters are interesting, Negan getting out should be good.

They better move it along fast though, they have been dragging it a little bit more than normal .

The Walking Dead lost its appeal several seasons ago in my humble opinion or not so humble opinion may be more truthful....

Texican....

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    The Walking Dead lost its appeal several seasons ago in my humble opinion or not so humble opinion may be more truthful....

Texican....
    Itís been more like a soup opera than anything for a number of years. iMHO

Evidently Lauren Cohen (Maggie) has a new show, “Whiskey Cavalier”. Some kinda spy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Evidently Lauren Cohen (Maggie) has a new show, “Whiskey Casual”. Some kinda spy thing.
    Yeah, they said last year they were writing her out of the show, but in a way that she could return. She was working on other projects.

It used to be our never-miss show, but we stopped watching before the end of last season too. Something about the show has changed for me, and I just don't find it entertaining anymore. Maybe the fact that it's become a run on to find the next, worse, group of bad guys. I guess that works in the graphic novels. I don't know anyone (IRL) that was watching three years ago, that still watches.

If some folks are still enjoying it, that's great though.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

Still struggling to get through the last few episodes from last year.

Turns out that the breeder I’m getting my new puppy from is married to a former cast member of TWD.

Got a link for that?

Danai Gurira is the latest to leave The Walking Dead

Will the departure of Michonne be the final nail in the coffin of AMC's The Walking Dead?

Fans of the cult show, based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, are certainly far from happy*with*the news that Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne,*is leaving TWD*in season 10.

Gurira*has been in the role since season three, but is expected*to appear in only a 'handful of episodes'*next season before she departs.

This is largely as a result of the success of Marvel film*Black Panther, where Danai*played Dora Milaje general Okoye. The blockbuster hit won a Screen Actors Guild Award and is nominated for best film at this month's*Oscars.

Her exit comes after what's been reported as ‘prolonged negotiations’ with AMC, the company who produces the show, which is broadcast in Ireland on RT… 2.

The Walking Dead*was already suffering from the departure of*Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes after*season nine - and now many*fans are describing Danai Gurira's*exit as the final straw for the show.

Considering Michonne became largely the show’s central character in the wake of Rick’s departure, and as a major player in the original comics, it’ll be a massive challenge for the show*to*continues beyond season 10.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/201...-walking-dead/

Quote Originally Posted by Marthanoir View Post
    Danai Gurira is the latest to leave The Walking Dead

Will the departure of Michonne be the final nail in the coffin of AMC's The Walking Dead?

Fans of the cult show, based on the comics by Robert Kirkman, are certainly far from happy*with*the news that Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne,*is leaving TWD*in season 10.

Gurira*has been in the role since season three, but is expected*to appear in only a 'handful of episodes'*next season before she departs.

This is largely as a result of the success of Marvel film*Black Panther, where Danai*played Dora Milaje general Okoye. The blockbuster hit won a Screen Actors Guild Award and is nominated for best film at this month's*Oscars.

Her exit comes after what's been reported as ‘prolonged negotiations’ with AMC, the company who produces the show, which is broadcast in Ireland on RT… 2.

The Walking Dead*was already suffering from the departure of*Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes after*season nine - and now many*fans are describing Danai Gurira's*exit as the final straw for the show.

Considering Michonne became largely the show’s central character in the wake of Rick’s departure, and as a major player in the original comics, it’ll be a massive challenge for the show*to*continues beyond season 10.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/201...-walking-dead/
    Oh well. Never was a fan of Michonne either. Sorry-the "Silent Warrior Woman with the $10 Wallhanger Sword" just doesn't float my boat. Daryl is ok. Liked him better a few seasons ago. Edith [[Rick's StepDaughter]] and Negan are going to have to carry it I suppose.

I never thought about it until I read your post Sat, but Negan could actually fill Rick’s shoes. More than that, he might well be a better character moving forward. He’s making noises like he’s seen the light and wants to change. Though with Rick and Carl’s departure, my interest has waned drastically, if the Negan character steps up, I might follow along for a bit to see where it goes.

As an aside, the empty clearing where Negan falls to his knees is the exact clearing and the exact spot where he killed Glen. Same camera angle as well.

I always liked Negan overall. Was he a dick? Absolutely but, considering the circumsrances he was a MUCH better leader than Rick ever was without all the hangups and he did not tend to get everyone around him killed because he was stupid, careless and inept.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    I could see Negan becoming one of the leaders with the input of Judith. For some reason, he seems to genuinely like and even respect her. Judith on the other hand doesn't mince words with him and could act as his conscience. Carl was beginning to act as the conscience of the show until that dip wad Scott Gimple decided to kill him off.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Oh well. Never was a fan of Michonne either. Sorry-the "Silent Warrior Woman with the $10 Wallhanger Sword" just doesn't float my boat. Daryl is ok. Liked him better a few seasons ago. Edith [[Rick's StepDaughter]] and Negan are going to have to carry it I suppose.
    I'm surprised any of them are still alive,

until that dip wad Scott Gimple decided to kill him off

Well, at least he's no longer affiliated with the show after doing that.

I always liked Negan overall. Was he a dick? Absolutely but, considering the circumsrances he was a MUCH better leader than Rick ever was without all the hangups and he did not tend to get everyone around him killed because he was stupid, careless and inept.
    Criminy, but this series must have changed a LOT from the comics.

The Negan from the comics was a raging sociopath. Even with that extra bit about his gym teaching days, he was still a lunatic drunk on absolute power.

I'm 1.5 seasons behind, not sure if I'm going to binge and catch up..got tired of the stupidity of the characters.

Right now I'm midway through the first season of Kingdom https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdo...ean_TV_series)

It's not bad, a little slow out of the gate, but a different "take" on zombie genre.
    "The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
    They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through."

I live in NY state, the land of the walking dead. All I gotta do is look out the window to see it live.
    When you care to send the very best, send an Army Ranger!