Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT During my NDE, when I was in heaven, did the angels tell me to sell off my preps?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    This is Quiltlady again,with a slightly different tack for you guys to look at. I've been told, that, right now there are 2 seed lines manifesting. I believe they are Cain and Seth. Now it's not entirely genetic, but has to do with the soul. The difference between the two lines are growing further and further apart, each day. It is, obviously, good verses evil. But the ones on the wrong path, and there is, truly, a WRONG path, think that they are right, and rational and true.I believe this is the great delusion, spoken of in the bible. (Which I didn't open until AFTER my NDE) When we die, we will have to answer a seemingly simple question.And the question is...who is your father? (God or Satan) But it's not worded that way. If it were the answer would be easy. The question is worded,"Who do you love more, God or the thing you love MOST in this world?" (your husband, your church, your cat, your child. Whatever it is) I had a hard decision, because my daughter was 2, and had no one here on Earth to care for her and love her. I felt selfish for wanting to stay with the Lord's amazing love, and shirking my responsibility. But I finally answered, "You, Lord!" And the angels clapped, I had answered right, and I was sent back into my body to take care of my child. (years and many surgeries later) After I came back, I was depressed....for about 3 years. I did NOT want to come back. But anyway, that's the question, you may think how YOU will answer it. And, for Betty Rose, it sounds like she got the answer right, and is getting rid of the baggage. Don't criticize her for that. God is leading her. Blessings, Jeanie
    "A clean house is a wasted life."
    "Everyone's entitled to my opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltlady View Post
    This is Quiltlady again,with a slightly different tack for you guys to look at. I've been told, that, right now there are 2 seed lines manifesting. I believe they are Cain and Seth. Now it's not entirely genetic, but has to do with the soul. The difference between the two lines are growing further and further apart, each day. It is, obviously, good verses evil. But the ones on the wrong path, and there is, truly, a WRONG path, think that they are right, and rational and true.I believe this is the great delusion, spoken of in the bible. (Which I didn't open until AFTER my NDE) When we die, we will have to answer a seemingly simple question.And the question is...who is your father? (God or Satan) But it's not worded that way. If it were the answer would be easy. The question is worded,"Who do you love more, God or the thing you love MOST in this world?" (your husband, your church, your cat, your child. Whatever it is) I had a hard decision, because my daughter was 2, and had no one here on Earth to care for her and love her. I felt selfish for wanting to stay with the Lord's amazing love, and shirking my responsibility. But I finally answered, "You, Lord!" And the angels clapped, I had answered right, and I was sent back into my body to take care of my child. (years and many surgeries later) After I came back, I was depressed....for about 3 years. I did NOT want to come back. But anyway, that's the question, you may think how YOU will answer it. And, for Betty Rose, it sounds like she got the answer right, and is getting rid of the baggage. Don't criticize her for that. God is leading her. Blessings, Jeanie
    I made my decision November 24th, 1963 at the age of 10. Most important prep anyone could ever make.

We all have different paths. I felt led to move to Iowa, and I can't imagine living through one of our winters without a well-stocked pantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Bingo!! If you weren't married I'd marry you!
    Oh garsh.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

Thank you, quiltlady.

Your words remind me of Jesus' question in John's gospel:

"Peter, do you love me?"
    "As the rising of the sun is clear to all, so the glory of the Lord fills all his works."

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Oh garsh.
    That wasn't meant as a threat, btw.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

The issue is not, to give your food away or not.....it's opening your internal ear to the Lord. What he's telling you, you follow. And He talks differently to each of His children. No one would tell you to empty your pantry. And try to show love to everyone you can. Sometimes God knows things we don't, and someone will turn out to be His child who seems to be walking on the other path. Fortunately, I trust Him completely, and certainly NOT myself, I've screwed up too many times to think I have any reason to trust My judgment.. Thank you for all who are considering this issue. Jeanie

8. Quote Originally Posted by Breeta View Post
    I have personally physically heard God’s voice and it was definitely a MALE voice. And I recognized it immediately and I knew that He was God and He was love. He said “For this reason I sent My Son.”
    My experience did not go against anything in the bible but rather confirmed biblical teachings.
    I know many may jump on me and call me a “hater” but God calls for us to be discerning and saying God is female is not truth and we must call a believer out for spreading such false doctrine.
    nothing personal against you Betty Rose, and I do not doubt your experience was real. But I do doubt that those angels were of God if you really believe God is a She. The devil is full of tricks.
    This is it right here. Not to mention, millions of times in Scripture God is referred to as “He.” I’m honestly surprised so many on this board dismissed the whole pronoun thing as being irrelevant. Really, people???? You will fight tooth and nail over the liberals changing up He/She and blending the two, but it’s perfectly acceptable to reference God as a “she???”

I’m baffled. Truly.

Can anyone come up with sound biblical scripture backing the living God as "female"? New age and lgbt bibles don't count.
    Leave out personal beliefs. I have not found any. Seems like a reasonable challenge.
    There are false female gods in other faiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That wasn't meant as a threat, btw.
    Just laughing. Thanks. I really needed a good chuckle.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Can anyone come up with sound biblical scripture backing the living God as "female"? New age and lgbt bibles don't count.
    Leave out personal beliefs. I have not found any. Seems like a reasonable challenge.
    There are false female gods in other faiths.
    Here is how to approach it biblically. In Proverbs 8:22 ff, we find "Wisdom" described in omnipotent terminology. It isn't too far of a stretch to consider Wisdom in this passage to be the Holy Spirit. Granted, it is not a slam dunk. We also find the personification of Wisdom throughout the OT to consistently have feminine pronouns. That is the closest Scriptural text, in my opinion. Those who are not Trinitarian will of course reject this out of hand.

I still think the philosophical approach is strongest. Can God be incomplete? Can God be lacking something? Of course not. Therefore, God must encompass both genders, no?
    "As the rising of the sun is clear to all, so the glory of the Lord fills all his works."

Cutting loose from things I can definitely understand. I'm doing some of that myself. As for the "she" thing if that floats her boat then go for it. Who am I to judge. Personally I'll stick with the "he".

Judy

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    Cutting loose from things I can definitely understand. I'm doing some of that myself. As for the "she" thing if that floats her boat then go for it. Who am I to judge. Personally I'll stick with the "he".

Judy
    Exactly.

It truly doesn't matter except I keep the "He" not just because it's in the Bible but why, why, confuse the young people? They have enough to contemplate and muse about the differences in just plain, old regular humans. Why make it more complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    But when we get into these things, they can become foundation directions for readers. If they are false, they can point people in dangerous directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    But what if we are given false "information" that would be just enough to make us miss the mark? The devil's minions will give you dozens of tasty but non-nutritious half-truths to make you bite onto the one fatal lie.
    Not picking on you in particular Light Echo, this just seems like a good place to start. In reference to the quotes above, it should be noted that these lines would be near perfect if one set out to describe the fallen state of the “church” in the West, particularly here in the United States. Thousands of denominations, most broken off from other denominations because of a difference of belief and the consequent infighting, known not for the love that is supposed to mark us, but for the proliferation of our disagreements with each other, and the nasty way we comport ourselves as a result.

If ever there were an institution peddling false information that “pointed people in dangerous directions”, causing them to “miss the mark” or giving them “dozens of tasty but non-nutritious half truths” that make them “bite on the one fatal lie”, it is the “church” here in the United States. In addition to the outright falsehoods that are put forth by this horrendously failed institution lies the never addressed issue of no two of us believing truly alike, meaning that all but one of us are in error, usually on really big points.

This would be a good time to out myself as a onetime/sometime insufferable Church Lady Bible thumper, totally devoid of love much of the time, doing little to none of what Yeshua commanded us to do on a regular basis, which He said is actually the litmus test as to whether or not I am His at all, in addition to the love issue. Needed to get that out there – I can say with Paul that I am chiefest among sinners, so far off the beaten path at times that it seems as though I’m not even in the same field that the path is on. If I have anything going for me, it is that I recognize and admit this freely.

That said, I am constantly being drawn to Him “like a moth to a flame, whenever I hear His Name”, to put it in the words of Keith Green. I have never understood the obvious dichotomy here (spare me the scriptures, I know them), this is just how it is with me. God understands. I may live in my own little world, but it’s okay, He knows me there.

Years ago at a crossroads in my life, which I had all but destroyed, I learned how to pray. I decided to cut out the middlemen - the paid professional Christians, the myriad counselors, Job’s comforters and the like. I went straight to the source, Yahweh Himself. In all of my years of “church”, Bible study, a short stint at Bible college, music ministry and the like, nobody had ever even hinted at teaching me how to pray, for the most part because the American church doesn’t have much of a grip on prayer at all. I went into a room, got on my knees and stayed there for days. He taught me how to pray Himself, and His presence at times was so thick it was almost more than I could bear. Lots of love, many rebukes, correction after correction, day after day. When I came out of that room, I was still a mess, but I was God’s mess, and He knew me. That’s not an original line, wish it were.

Of everything that I learned in that room, which were just beginnings, the most important was that I didn’t know much of anything about God as He really is, and still don’t today, relative to the awesome, unspeakable reality of His true character and being.

I am absolutely convinced that He will meet personally with any and all who come to Him, just as He did with me.

I have over time studied countless “deep” Bible topics, memorized a boatload of scripture, and could argue both sides of just about any topic you could name, using scripture. I really don’t know anything at all, other than this – scripture is a means to an end, that end is God Himself. In John 5:39 & 40, Yeshua said in essence, ‘you study the scriptures looking for eternal life, but you won’t come to Me, the very source of that life’. Not much has changed between then and now.

During His ministry years, Yeshua flew in the face of organized religion from day one, and mixed it up with the Church Ladies of His time until they crucified Him for it (thank you, Messiah Yeshua). These were the religious elite of His time, and boy, they knew scripture, which they had twisted and added to, but they didn’t know God at all.

God is a Spirit, and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. It is there that I stumble onto some of “the mere edges of His ways”. For me, this can only be achieved through prayer and meditation, long periods of it, which surface I never even scratch whenever I’m playing the Church Lady.

Thank you Betty Rose, Quiltlady and to everyone else who put themselves out there to share profound personal experiences on this thread. - I’ve had a few myself that wouldn’t be very popular here either.
    Last edited by Codeno; 01-21-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    This might hurt a little.

Thank you, Codeno....that was profound!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Armstrong View Post
    I made my decision November 24th, 1963 at the age of 10. Most important prep anyone could ever make.
    Amen
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

There are false female gods in other faiths
    Not to the people that follow those faiths. To them, the god of the bible is the false god. Those gods are as real to them, as Jesus is to you.
    Ain't religion fun?
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

All this hubbub makes one wonder - could He simply be gay - an earthly concept of the embodiment of two spirits into one expressive representation?

YMMV.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    All this hubbub makes one wonder - could He simply be gay - an earthly concept of the embodiment of two spirits into one expressive representation?

YMMV.

intothegoodnight
    One of the most deliberately ignorant posts ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeta View Post
    I have personally physically heard God’s voice and it was definitely a MALE voice. And I recognized it immediately and I knew that He was God and He was love. He said “For this reason I sent My Son.”
    My experience did not go against anything in the bible but rather confirmed biblical teachings.
    I know many may jump on me and call me a “hater” but God calls for us to be discerning and saying God is female is not truth and we must call a believer out for spreading such false doctrine.
    nothing personal against you Betty Rose, and I do not doubt your experience was real. But I do doubt that those angels were of God if you really believe God is a She. The devil is full of tricks.
    Amen, I have heard God's voice too. All I can say is it is a masculine voice and it is like someone has said something to you but you haven't heard it with your ears. Everything he has said to me completely lines up with Scripture, and gives me a feeling of peace and comfort and that He is in charge. There are attributes of God that are ascribed as feminine but the Bible references Him as a He. I will say that He has only spoken to me in an (audible?) way maybe 4 or 5 times in my life, but, every time it has lined up with Scripture and I know it was Him. I don't say this in a prideful way, but, I know others have experienced the same as people have told me that too.

Mattbert

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post
    This is it right here. Not to mention, millions of times in Scripture God is referred to as “He.” I’m honestly surprised so many on this board dismissed the whole pronoun thing as being irrelevant. Really, people???? You will fight tooth and nail over the liberals changing up He/She and blending the two, but it’s perfectly acceptable to reference God as a “she???”

I’m baffled. Truly.
    Amen.

Mattbert

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post

YMMV.

intothegoodnight
    Yes... God must be gay... Brilliant...

That must be why God said this:

Romans 1:26-28 - "For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done."

1 Corinthians 6:9 - "Or do you not know that evil men do not inherit The Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; no fornicators, neither worshipers of idols, neither adulterers, neither sexual molesters, neither males lying down with males"

Freaking idiot...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by coalcracker View Post
    Love the OP and the sentiment expressed within it. There are 3 things that "abide." (Greek "meno" for those who like word studies): FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE. The OP beautifully expresses that truth.

As for the gender pronouns in reference to God, both genders were made in God's image. God is complete, encompassing all. If he were one gender and not the other, God would be incomplete, and that is impossible. The best Trinitarian understanding, would be to call the Holy Spirit "she." Wisdom in the Old Testament is often equated with the Holy Spirit, and Wisdom has female pronoun referents throughout those texts.
    God made two genders, male and female. We are both created in God's image. Regardless of the human gendering of God, God is still God. Betty, thank you for all that you have said, and you have said nothing wrong.

We are all created in God's image. Prove me wrong.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
    God made two genders, male and female. We are both created in God's image. Regardless of the human gendering of God, God is still God. Betty, thank you for all that you have said, and you have said nothing wrong.

We are all created in God's image. Prove me wrong.
    Thanks for your response.

The further I get away from this "temporary death experience" - the more I relax into grace, and just bask in the light and power of God's love and mercy.

A few folks say that they feel sorry that I had to go through this, and that's not the right message. I know that this was a gift from God -, to have a taste of heaven and yet return to earth.

Some folks have said, "It sounds so wonderful. I almost envy you."

Yesterday, I was in South Carolina (near Columbia) on I-26 and there was a catastrophic car accident and the road was closed for almost two hours. Word came that there'd been a fatality and lots of people were "oh no - that's so awful" and I thought, "If they only knew what that driver is now experiencing, they would rejoice."

Great post. Thank you. A little unsettling only because all the time somehow I missed it that you are are not a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Codeno View Post
    Not picking on you in particular Light Echo, this just seems like a good place to start. In reference to the quotes above, it should be noted that these lines would be near perfect if one set out to describe the fallen state of the “church” in the West, particularly here in the United States. Thousands of denominations, most broken off from other denominations because of a difference of belief and the consequent infighting, known not for the love that is supposed to mark us, but for the proliferation of our disagreements with each other, and the nasty way we comport ourselves as a result.

If ever there were an institution peddling false information that “pointed people in dangerous directions”, causing them to “miss the mark” or giving them “dozens of tasty but non-nutritious half truths” that make them “bite on the one fatal lie”, it is the “church” here in the United States. In addition to the outright falsehoods that are put forth by this horrendously failed institution lies the never addressed issue of no two of us believing truly alike, meaning that all but one of us are in error, usually on really big points.

This would be a good time to out myself as a onetime/sometime insufferable Church Lady Bible thumper, totally devoid of love much of the time, doing little to none of what Yeshua commanded us to do on a regular basis, which He said is actually the litmus test as to whether or not I am His at all, in addition to the love issue. Needed to get that out there – I can say with Paul that I am chiefest among sinners, so far off the beaten path at times that it seems as though I’m not even in the same field that the path is on. If I have anything going for me, it is that I recognize and admit this freely.

That said, I am constantly being drawn to Him “like a moth to a flame, whenever I hear His Name”, to put it in the words of Keith Green. I have never understood the obvious dichotomy here (spare me the scriptures, I know them), this is just how it is with me. God understands. I may live in my own little world, but it’s okay, He knows me there.

Years ago at a crossroads in my life, which I had all but destroyed, I learned how to pray. I decided to cut out the middlemen - the paid professional Christians, the myriad counselors, Job’s comforters and the like. I went straight to the source, Yahweh Himself. In all of my years of “church”, Bible study, a short stint at Bible college, music ministry and the like, nobody had ever even hinted at teaching me how to pray, for the most part because the American church doesn’t have much of a grip on prayer at all. I went into a room, got on my knees and stayed there for days. He taught me how to pray Himself, and His presence at times was so thick it was almost more than I could bear. Lots of love, many rebukes, correction after correction, day after day. When I came out of that room, I was still a mess, but I was God’s mess, and He knew me. That’s not an original line, wish it were.

Of everything that I learned in that room, which were just beginnings, the most important was that I didn’t know much of anything about God as He really is, and still don’t today, relative to the awesome, unspeakable reality of His true character and being.

I am absolutely convinced that He will meet personally with any and all who come to Him, just as He did with me.

I have over time studied countless “deep” Bible topics, memorized a boatload of scripture, and could argue both sides of just about any topic you could name, using scripture. I really don’t know anything at all, other than this – scripture is a means to an end, that end is God Himself. In John 5:39 & 40, Yeshua said in essence, ‘you study the scriptures looking for eternal life, but you won’t come to Me, the very source of that life’. Not much has changed between then and now.

During His ministry years, Yeshua flew in the face of organized religion from day one, and mixed it up with the Church Ladies of His time until they crucified Him for it (thank you, Messiah Yeshua). These were the religious elite of His time, and boy, they knew scripture, which they had twisted and added to, but they didn’t know God at all.

God is a Spirit, and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth. It is there that I stumble onto some of “the mere edges of His ways”. For me, this can only be achieved through prayer and meditation, long periods of it, which surface I never even scratch whenever I’m playing the Church Lady.

Thank you Betty Rose, Quiltlady and to everyone else who put themselves out there to share profound personal experiences on this thread. - I’ve had a few myself that wouldn’t be very popular here either.
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

Quote Originally Posted by coalcracker View Post
    Thank you, quiltlady.

Your words remind me of Jesus' question in John's gospel:

"Peter, do you love me?"
    You need to read the the correct translation of that for it to make sense.

Jesus asks Peter if he agape-loves him (above everything else) three times. And, each time Peter responds that he phileo-loves him (like a brother).

So, Jesus doesn't get the answer he is looking for, I think.

Philadelphia, for example, is known as the city of brotherly love.
    Sub-Zero

There will not be sexuality in Heaven so it doesn’t not matter if she referred to God as he or she.
    Sexuality and gender are two different things.....do you mean there won't be either of two sexes?

I fully plan to have a life with my husband "up there" or wherever we get to be...... there is a reason for families here and "up there".

It is a continuing process and always will be.
    True North Strong and Free

So beautifully and simply put. THANK YOU.

I have never had a NDE but the Holy Spirit has spoken to me many times.

Back around 2009-2010, after I had amassed a good stash of silver coins I heard the Holy Spirit ask me why I was collecting all this silver and didn'y I know what will eventually happen with everyone's gold and silver? I replied, "Yes. They throw it all into the streets." Then the Holy Spirit asked me which I trusted more....God or my silver? I replied God. The Holy Spirit told me to then get rid of my silver, which I did, selling it for a loss.

After a stroke and 2 heart attacks I had but my husband at the top of the 'Important List', over Jesus. Then God called my DH home and now Jesus is the only one on that list.

When my DH died, I wrestled with which guns to sell and which to keep. Again the Holy Spirit asked me which I really wanted to depend on....man's weapons or God's supernatural protection. I sold all the guns.

I'm going to end with this meme....

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltlady View Post
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!

Luke 23:34 flashed into my mind. His NDE’s on the cross.

I did not read more than the first page of post.

Luke 23:46

Betty: A book I recommend to everyone is "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander, MD..............well worth reading....very reasonable on EBay
    "Some men live by fate and accept things as they are; Some men live by determination and are willing to die for what they believe in! It is said that a wise man lives by neither. But a wise man is not wise unless he realizes that a choice must be made." Dennis C. Bruce