Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT During my NDE, when I was in heaven, did the angels tell me to sell off my preps?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    No. Betty Rose was the one who had the NDE. Someone just ask her a question about it, and she started this new thread in reply.

Yes this,, on the thread of her talking about selling her preps a few people ask her to explain what she went through and is why she started this thread.

I have felt that peace of soul before. Long story. I have never felt anything like it before and won't again until my time comes for good. I do know I will never find it here on earth no matter how hard I try.

I for one appreciate the original post. I have increasingly felt that I was being reminded that I am in God's hands. My life has been spectacularly spared on more than one occasion, and it is good to be reminded. So, thank you Betty Rose.

(And, FWIW, I doubt God has a gender. "It" just doesn't work because God is a person--a being--not an inanimate thing. We are limited by our lack of non-gender specific person pronoun. "He" is conventionally used simply because the male has been dominate in our culture. We get the "mother nature" thing because nature is generally seen as more passive than a God who can--and occasionally does--intervene.)

Sorry to read all this Betty-Rose. Your delusion (not love for truth) destroys your credibility in your account of the experience. I am saddened that you have been corrupted by the gender confusion warfare that has been attacking the minds of people for a few decades now.

I will face down your errors below.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post
    Thanks, BBBuddy.

Here are a few: Genesis 1:27 Women and Men created in God’s image

“Humankind was created as God’s reflection: in the divine image God created them; female and male, God made them.”
    There is a slight variance, open to other discussions when you read Gen2:
    Gen 2:7* And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.*

Here you see YHWH Eloheem created man. It was some time later that we get woman:
    Gen 2:20* And Adam gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the air, and to every animal of the field. But there was not found a suitable helper for Adam.*
    Gen 2:21* And Jehovah God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept. And He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh underneath.*
    Gen 2:22* And Jehovah God made the rib (which He had taken from the man) into a woman. And He brought her to the man.*
    Gen 2:23* And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called Woman because she was taken out of man.*

This gives a little more detail to fill in the abbreviated version of Gen1. It was at the prompting of Adam that the woman was brought into existence. And to be created in the image of Eloheem, this does not mean YHWH is a woman. I would suspect that it means we have senses, spirit and soul in a fashion that is a reflection of the Creator and we have the ability to reason with and love or not love the Creator. And as YHWH Eloheem has the ability to create, mankind is given the ability to procreate.

Hosea 11:3-4 God described as a mother

God: “Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”
    You really need to be careful of metaphors. You very erroneously say this describes "God as a mother" but it is describing HIS nature to care for those HE loves.

Hosea 13:8 God described as a mother bear

“Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder…”
    God is not saying He is a mother bear but will defend His people AS a mother bear defends her cubs. It is about His fierce protection, not His sex.... which does not apply to YHWH. Again, this is describing God's intentions, not whether He is a female.

Deuteronomy 32:11-12 God described as a mother eagle

“Like the eagle that stirs up its nest, and hovers over its young, God spreads wings to catch you, and carries you on pinions.”
    God is NOT described as a mother eagle. HIS promises are likened to the defenses of a mother eagle over her chicks. His promises and protection, not His sex or lack thereof. To bring sex into a verse like this is delusional.

Deuteronomy 32:18 God who gives birth

“You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.”
    Deu 32:18* Of the RockH6697 that begatH3205 thee thou art unmindful,H7876 and hast forgottenH7911 GodH410 that formedH2342 thee.*

The word "Rock" refers to refuge or protection, like a Tower. Speaking of the tribe of Jacob, obviously God did not give birth to the tribe, but tended to them -figuratively birthed them from protection. This is also a foreshadowing of the Messiah who is the Rock of salvation, the Word of God and the Lamb of God. You see, Yahshuah is not a wooly lamb, or a stone. It is figurative language. And He surely was not a woman.

Isaiah 66:13 God as a comforting mother

God: “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”
    God has the nature or character of all the finer things we know. Kindness, goodness, self-control, loving, slow to anger, holiness, honor, faithfulness. And Messiah who was given as our Redeemer promised the Holy Spirit as our Comforter and ever-present guide and promise of His return to us.

To ignore the characterizations of how He views His own in favor of bringing God down to human levels of sex differentiation is part of the lying package of the devil in this world.

Isa 66:10* Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all who love her. Rejoice for joy with her, all who mourn for her;*
    Isa 66:11* that you may suck and be satisfied with her comforting breasts; that you may milk out and be delighted with the fullness of her glory.*
    Isa 66:12* For so says Jehovah, Behold, I will hold out peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like a flowing stream. Then you will suck, you will be carried on her sides and be dandled upon her knees.*
    Isa 66:13* As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; and you will be comforted in Jerusalem.*

The context shows us the promise of Jerusalem providing the comfort of breast, the suckling of milk and honey and the security an infant finds in its mother's arms. Jerusalem means: city of new peace.

This is repeated in your other references and is foolhardy to dance to that tune.

Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34 God as a Mother Hen

Jesus: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”
    So you would also believe that Yahshuah was a woman?

Luke 15:8-10 God as woman looking for her lost coin

Jesus: “Or what woman having ten silver coins, is she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
    Word pictures (metaphors) are given so we can understand a principle. The principle is how much God values the return of a lost sinner. Trying to claim that God is coming out of the closet on this is blasphemy.

And there are very weighty references to YHWH as FATHER. Notice they don't say "like" or "as"..... just a couple here should do:

Isa 63:15* Look down from Heaven, and look down from the place of Your holiness and of Your glory; where is Your zeal and Your strength, the multitude of Your tender affections and of Your mercies toward me? Are they withheld?*
    Isa 63:16* For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us. You, O Jehovah, are our Father, our Redeemer; Your name is from everlasting.*

Isa 64:8* But now, O Jehovah, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our Former; and we all are the work of Your hand.*

Jer 31:9* They shall come with weeping, and with prayers I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way; they shall not stumble in it, for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.*

Mat 5:44* But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you,*
    Mat 5:45* so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.*

Thanks, BBBuddy.

Here are a few: Genesis 1:27 Women and Men created in God’s image

“Humankind was created as God’s reflection: in the divine image God created them; female and male, God made them.”

Hosea 11:3-4 God described as a mother

God: “Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”

Hosea 13:8 God described as a mother bear

“Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder…”

Deuteronomy 32:11-12 God described as a mother eagle

“Like the eagle that stirs up its nest, and hovers over its young, God spreads wings to catch you, and carries you on pinions.”

Deuteronomy 32:18 God who gives birth

“You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.”

Isaiah 66:13 God as a comforting mother

God: “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”

Isaiah 49:15 God compared to a nursing mother

God: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.”

Isaiah 42:14 God as a woman in labor

God: “For a long time I have held my peace, I have kept myself still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will gasp and pant.”

Psalm 131:2 God as a Mother

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.”

Psalm 123:2-3 God compared to a woman

“As the eyes of a servant looks to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to you, YHWH, until you show us your mercy!”

Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34 God as a Mother Hen

Jesus: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”

Luke 15:8-10 God as woman looking for her lost coin

Jesus: “Or what woman having ten silver coins, is she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
    I'm sorry, BR, but those are ANALOGIES. They do not mean God is a woman. If I said "he threw a punch like a rock" it would not mean his fist was a rock....
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Misogyny? wtf?
    The Social Security number is a bigger threat to Liberty than Communism or ISIS.
    Isn't it strange that we don't require our policemen to attend law school?

Betty Rose- please pray and ask God for wisdom and protection. Based on what I know of the Bible you have been deceived. God is not a She. I wish you every blessing but I rebuke your NDE and associated visits from "Angels". Based on what they told you they are Demons. I say this with the greatest respect and in the spirit of love and truth.
    SnowSquaw
    WHO IS Q? #QANON #WWG1WGA .... Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ive always been fascinated by NDE and have read hundreds and hundreds over the years by christians and non christians. truly amazing stories with a couple very similar themes.

not every spirit on 'the other side' is from the Living God, no matter how they look or talk. just like on earth, not every nice looking sweet talking person is a good person. not every spirit on the other side of the veil is a good spirit from YHWH

everyone who calls out the name of Jesus or God save me, gets a powerful angelic answer or Jesus Himself.

people can encounter different spirits who claim all sorts of things and many are frightening

non christians have died and come back speak of meeting Christ and being told they are sent back to tell their people that Jesus really is the Son of God and their allah is a lie.

some report of meeting spirits and being tricked to follow them or being intimidated / attacked and scared but by calling on Jesus or God Save me, they get the real angels and are rescued.
    there is one of a marine who died and came back that is very powerful. he thought he was christian enough, was saved but found a horrible evil spirt waiting for him, grabbed him and hurting him. not til he called out for God to help him did he escape the evil spirit. really fascinating stories people have had. so i have no problem accepting your experience, Betty.
    im just kinda wondering at your Conclusions from your supernatural experience.

meaning no disrespect but 2 things come to my mind.
    1- your experience left you knowledge that God has you in His hands and will alwasy care for oyu. yes, i totally believe that. but giving away your belongings (which many NDE people do) and your food storage i wonder if thats jumping the gun.
    if we know that some economic crash is coming or civil strife or hardship and have the means to take care of ourselves and help others and throw it away expecting Fod to somehow take care of us through the storm is kinda rude to God. God helped you acquire those things you need. its kinda like knowing you are going to be laid off in a few months and you get rid of extra food, empty bank account and tell yourslef God will take care of me.

God does feed the birds of the air but He doesnt put the food in their mouths.

2- well, one can not confuse the God of the bible, YHWH and His Christ with a 'she' god. YHWH is never referred to as a she. YHWH is spirit, neither male or female but chose to be called Father by humans. lots of 'she'; gods in history and its your business if you follow a 'she' god, but it has nothing to do with the Creator God of the bible, different entities..

kind of like muslims claiming their allah is my YHWH of the bible. nope, its not. different teachings, different history, different rules. no matter how much they insist their allah will never be YHWH and vice versa.

wishing you well, betty. please dont get rid of your food stuffs. it is not a sign of trusting God it is telling God He has to take care of you when you could have taken care of yourself. someone will have to be sent by God to share their food with you, using up their food for their family because you gave yours away. God isnt going to send an angel every night to put food on your table. He will send a human who saved up food and will share it with you. instead of being able to help yourself and others you become a burden. i doubt you want that.
    God bless betty and take care
    Actually, I can completely agree that God (and his angels) are neither male or female. Gender is of this earth, for the purpose of procreation. It's just that the folks I have seen refer to God as "she" are usually folks that kind of turn me off - usually. But I agree, though difficult for us to comprehend, there is probably no gender in heaven. I love to read nde and am fascinated by them. I guess we all are!
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

I'm so grateful to hear that! So good to hear that you're open minded enough to accept that God as "She" is indeed biblical!
    BULL CRAP! If you ever decide to take up the Hebrew language, study some ancient texts as fragments from Qumran or maybe the Nahal Hever caves. The Hebrew language (as Spanish) uses nouns and verbs that are either masculine or feminine. Our Creator is ALWAYS referred to as masculine.

HE is coming back for HIS BRIDE. What you're suggesting makes that an abomination.

NDEs (if they exist) are just the brain shorting out, going into memories (or wishes) of what people expect or not. That's what you had.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    I would not presume to try and explain to you what your angels told you, BR.

This gets into areas of theology I have found better left alone, because it freaks too many people out. I have no difficulty believing that every person finds a heaven perfectly suited to their own expectations, for example. In a space of Eternity and Infinity, what is not possible?
    I agree with what you said here. We have no way of knowing what's divine or what's evil. No one here
    experienced it but Betty Rose. I can't speak for God.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Man you all are harsh. It was her experience, she saw what she saw. And usually those experiences are very difficult to even find words for. How do you decribe something to people who have never seen it?

It’s like trying to explain the color red to a person born blind.

God is as I suspect both make and female. To the fullest extent. We are just a creation one half of his personality. God definitely “seems” male to me for the most part. But then so do the mentions of the angels (Michale, Gabriel) but they are neither male nor female and they cannot procreate. Ever meet a truly androgynous person? Half the people walk around thinking they are male and the other half think they are female.i think it has to do with perception of the individual.

So moving along, what I find interesting is instead of asking what else she saw and what happend on the journey you all got stuck on the word she.

I assure you we all “think” we understand God, and what’s on the other side. I assure you we do not. How can we? All we have are history lessons to get a picture of what was never seen (except Christ) I bet we are silenced in awe when we get there and see it all and God for the first time. It will be nothing like what you think it is.

Well, the thread was about the NDE and prepping -- an interesting subject. I love religious discussion as much as the next guy but so much for a good thread as it appears all the "advice" has driven Betty away.

Too bad as this was a unique subject.

Quote Originally Posted by AnniePutin View Post
    Actually, I can completely agree that God (and his angels) are neither male or female. Gender is of this earth, for the purpose of procreation. It's just that the folks I have seen refer to God as "she" are usually folks that kind of turn me off - usually. But I agree, though difficult for us to comprehend, there is probably no gender in heaven. I love to read nde and am fascinated by them. I guess we all are!
    For much of this I agree. But we need to consider that things of the flesh were not created male and female by accident. Messiah will return for a bride- so the concept of marriage is valid. And unfaithful or idol-worshipping people are considered harlots... as are churches or religious groups that replace the worship of the One True God with idols. We are to be the bride- whether sons or daughters in the flesh, and as Messiah said, there is no marriage or giving in marriage in heaven. Things ARE different there, but some things are the same. It would be good for us to know what things are the same... and not be fooled by the deceivers of this world.

@bassgirl: Religious discussions usually turn into arguments, and you just made the argument "it's what Betty Rose experienced." No one can even begin to say one way or another, it was Betty's experience. No one is being harsh. Jmho
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

I've had an NDE, and seen the face of God

My name is Jeanie Dicus. I had an NDE in 1973, which is in a book entitled,"Beyond the Light," by PMH Atwater. If you google my name, you will probably get the whole story..The NDE was very extensive, and my entire life was changed 180 degrees. The important thing here, is... God and "Jesus" are real (I call him "Yasha.") Prayers are important. Life down here fades like yesterday's dream. There are a lot of things that Betty Rose has said that I experienced as true, too. Another thing that's interesting is God showed Himself to me as an intense white light. And my response was, (like many other NDEers) Why aren't my eyes burning? Oh, yeah, I don't have any eyes!." So, anyway, some of the things in Betty Rose's post, were true for me, too, so I believe her, and her experience, I think, is real. The light didn't have a sex, but as was said before, calling God "it", is degrading, and we don't have a pronoun for the ineffable. There are no words. I DID have a life review. I'll tell others more about what happened to me, if there's interest. Don't let this little She-He issue take away from the importance of this information.
    "A clean house is a wasted life."
    "Everyone's entitled to my opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltlady View Post
    My name is Jeanie Dicus. I had an NDE in 1973, which is in a book entitled,"Beyond the Light," by PMH Atwater. If you google my name, you will probably get the whole story..The NDE was very extensive, and my entire life was changed 180 degrees. The important thing here, is... God and "Jesus" are real (I call him "Yasha.") Prayers are important. Life down here fades like yesterday's dream. There are a lot of things that Betty Rose has said that I experienced as true, too. Another thing that's interesting is God showed Himself to me as an intense white light. And my response was, (like many other NDEers) Why aren't my eyes burning? Oh, yeah, I don't have any eyes!." So, anyway, some of the things in Betty Rose's post, were true for me, too, so I believe her, and her experience, I think, is real. The light didn't have a sex, but as was said before, calling God "it", is degrading, and we don't have a pronoun for the ineffable. There are no words. I DID have a life review. I'll tell others more about what happened to me, if there's interest. Don't let this little She-He issue take away from the importance of this information.
    Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track. I for one would love to hear your story.

ETA: I read your story. All I can say is wow! https://www.near-death.com/reincarna...nie-dicus.html I assume you don't mind me posting the link since you gave us your name.

Have any of you your recent experiences been published?
    Last edited by hoss; 01-20-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Well I for one thank you for posting this and I would like more detail in what you experienced.

Betty Rose.

I for one believe in GOD is in charge, I about a year and a half ago was at stage four cancer and the doc's told me I only had three or four months to live and hear I am a year and a half later still alive and as of my last scans cancer free from head to toe.

My GOD is why I'm still here, I love and live life in a whole different way now.........

I thank my GOD a lot for letting me stay here a while longer.

While being no expert on the Bible and such things, I think the assumption of God being male was due to the general mysogony of the times. Since there was no other similar being to engage in sex with, the very concept of gender is irrelevant. I fully support an assumption of mother of the universe and all creation with no problem whatsoever.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quilt lady, I would love to hear about your NDE! I find this subject so fascinating. Is your book still available? I will be googling it very soon. The life review event is something I would like to hear about, as well as what happened to turn your life around 180 degrees.

I think each experience is interpreted through each person’s perspective and understandings. Thanks to those brave enough to put their experiences and what it meant to them out for other people to see. I do not think anyone is qualified to judge the experiences of others. Who here can read God’s mind and decree that we know what message He has for the person who experienced the NDE?

It is amazing that so many NDE related experiences are very personalized to each person as far as messages taken from it, yet have so much in common with so many others (such as life reviews, meeting God or Jesus, re-prioritizing what is important in their lives).

Thank you for sharing, BR. This thread highlights why I very rarely look at the religion forum- too much fighting and too little knowledge. Having been through seminary, I think I can say with some background education, that the Holy Spirit is refereed to in the feminine. With a trinitarian view of God, there is God the Father (male), God the son (male), God the Holy Spirit (female). No need to rip apart metaphors if in the original language there is male and female. But I'm not posting to argue scripture or the validity of the experience. For me, it's very easy- anything not done in faith is essentially sin. If one is prepping out of fear, it's not being done in faith. Each of us needs to seek God for themselves as to whether it's God's will for them to prep, then act on that in faith. For some, God may have them prep for themselves and others, for some, God keeps them on the move too much to prep, etc. Whether prepping or anything else, each of us must find God and His direction for our lives our self. There is ultimately one thing that matters- love. Remember 1Cor 13 regarding love. You can know all scripture (and Satan is an expert there), but love is all that matters. Not much love usually to be found in the religion threads sadly.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Well during the Reformation period Christians only believed they were saved when they could see their old lives of sin fading away. Yep, I know God in my life and also Satan as they are both real.

I look forward to living where sin has left and only love exists.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Jeanie I loved your NDE account as well!!! (I always suspected Jesus had a sense of humor!!! )

While I agree that we can get caught up in he/she reference to God, it's ok to debate it providing we don't judge. The reason we shouldn't avoid it is that it gets bandied about all the time and the more we discuss it amongst friends, the better.

My thoughts on God as "She" is only in the realm of the hereafter. Right now, we're on earth where things are solid and black/white and I will conduct my address of God as "He" because that is how "He" is referred to in the Bible.

I know God could be "She" because I'm created in His image as well and I am a "she." I also have my father's DNA, so referring to myself as part of "Mankind" doesn't send me into apoplectic fits either.

Probably the very best reason we refer to God as "He" is that we don't want to confuse the little ones with back and forth and sometimes contentious debates. We want them to LOVE GOD and not get caught up with confusion.

We also don't want to change all that beautiful artwork through the ages. How sad would that be?

Besides. I'm already getting sick and tired of being pressured and possibly forced by leftys to change the pronouns of humans to whatever they want and dang it, I'm going to stick with my "Sistine Chapel," bearded, God the FATHER to the best of my ability while I'm here!!

In Heaven, I know it'll be a different story and THEN some!!!!

To All,

Do not put God in a box, do not try and define Him/Her.

God is way beyond our comprehension, He/She/It/Them can be and do anything - literally anything.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Thank you for stepping up and sharing. Also thank you Betty for starting this thread. Since my husband died I have read many NDE in order to try and understand what he is experiencing since he left. I so want to know and I love hearing about people's stories of what heaven is like. Betty I have copied and saved your story to my own personal files so I can read them again from time to time. God sent you back because you have his work to do and starting this thread is part of it. I'm sorry people can be so ugly about something that is so special to you.

Quilt Lady I will read your story as well. Thanks to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Betty Rose. I have no idea what heaven brings, or how God/Grandfather will appear to us, but I do hope that it is something familiar and comforting for each of us. And we are all different. My idea of heaven would not appeal to many here, but then, does it have to?
    Brilliant! Yes, just so.
    Recently a friend told me I am delusional, I almost fell off my Unicorn!

Quote Originally Posted by RB Martin View Post
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

You try to distort my words as you do Scripture. At least I am in good company!

Like I said before "Yeah, I thought so...good luck with that. "

We are done here (at least I am). Truth will attend to itself.
    I agree.
    Jesus called Him Father and directed us to pray to and understand Him as Our Father in Heaven.
    HE IS GOD. He chose how he will be known, addressed and named.

Good grief, mere men are EVEN now acknowledging a mere HUMAN'S supposed "right" to be called by a male or female pronoun which we all REALLY KNOW IS A LIE (in the case of those called 'transgender") and the same liberal people DENY GOD the creator of male and female, the right to be addressed as HE CHOSE Himself to be understood and addressed by the humans He created!!

What an outrageous affront to God.
    I too say see how that works out for you.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 01-20-2019 at 05:31 PM.
    “SAVED” or “UNSAVED”, Jesus knows you personally,
    everything you are going through right now,
    and He loves you Dearly, and wants to help.

I, for one, would love to read every word about your nde, Quiltlady! I am fascinated by the subject!
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

do not try and define Him/Her.

God is way beyond our comprehension, He/She/It/Them can be and do anything
    Holy crap!

I guess we should ask God what his pronouns are, these days, huh?

I swear... When I step back and look at the bullshit that we ( as society ) argue about and deem so important these days, it is how I know the end is near.
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Subliminal suggestion/messages?
    Some people talk in their sleep on an operating table and they say it's posable to give some people ideas and the like while thier under.

Ragnarok

Dam that is one wild chart, thanks I guess,

Thanks for posting.

Maybe we need a gender-neutral proper pronoun for god. If you use he/she, isn't that anthropomorphizing something that is supposed to be the creator of everything?

As far as I'm concerned, God is Love. Love has no gender. Each of us might describe our experiences of Love differently.

I am a female. Is it so astonishing that my individual experience of the divine would be interpreted as feminine?

My goodness, I am not perfect. I'm relaying a lovely experience using an imperfect medium of words.

The vitriol on this thread astonishes me. Lest temptation overcomes me, I shan't be back.
    So sorry for others who have made you feel bad. I believe your experience. Thank you for your testimony.

Congratulations, you are now an honorary Franciscan! ( St. Francis of Assisi took vows of poverty and got rid of everything he had, too)
    And btw, in Catholicism, there is a tradition of the Holy Spirit being thought of as feminine.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

I have experienced a NDE as well, much the same as Betty Rose and Quiltlady. I can vouch for the things they tell about. The only thing that was different for me was that I wanted to know what became of the child I miscarried back in 1972. God is so wonderful and showed me. I got more of an answer than I expected. An angel took me to a high hill with a deep valley below. On a hill across from where I was, were two young men standing. I asked, mentally, who they were. I was told that the shorter of the two with blond hair was the son I had lost. But then the angel continued talking and said that the other taller young man with dark hair was the boy my sister had lost in the 1960's. I was so happy and said I wanted to talk to them but the angel said that was not allowed. It was all so gentlely told to me. A peace that is beyond understanding on this earth I felt about it all.

I was able to tell my sister about seeing her lost son and it gave her a great peace as well.

Then many years later I was able to help another dear friend who had lost a child, by telling her that he was waiting in heaven for her. Many children grow up there.
    Guns, Grub, and God!

About 5 minutes after I had posted,(for the first time in years), our power went out. It came back on about 10 minutes ago...
    after 2 1/2 hours. I sort of wanted to see if anyone had responded to my post, but I figured God had a reason, and I trust him explicitly. On the other hand, I know the dark side is real, too, and maybe he had a hand in it. But God always wins, so I just waited. And here I am. By the way, I've been lurking here for many years. I was a little turned off by this board, when everyone was so taken with Obama, but I just kept my mouth closed, and read what people had to say. I believe that Donald Trump has been anointed by God, and is His way of giving us some more time. I know that if Hillary had won, we would have seen WWIII, as her goal is the destruction of the world, in keeping with her father, the Father of Lies. She is a classic psychopath. This wasn't in the NDE, just in talking with our Heavenly Father, since then. Much love, Jeanie
    "A clean house is a wasted life."
    "Everyone's entitled to my opinion."

Beautiful testimony, Betty Rose. Thank you for sharing.

While i agree with much you said,and feel the same about death,i also agree with blacknarwhal.I think it was the angles way of saying "hurry back to see us now,ya hear.

I am a female. Is it so astonishing that my individual experience of the divine would be interpreted as feminine?

My goodness, I am not perfect. I'm relaying a lovely experience using an imperfect medium of words.

The vitriol on this thread astonishes me. Lest temptation overcomes me, I shan't be back.
    Please do not be offended.

I was in awe at your post until i read "she." Then I became confounded.

Please know that God is a "He," the Godhead three: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, now, always for eternity...

Vitriol? No, please be aware that you should pray for Anointed Wisdom, Truth, and Discernment. Time is short.
    Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradohermit View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, God is Love. Love has no gender. Each of us might describe our experiences of Love differently.
    Oh come on. Please. Really? I apologize, as I just am in shock and awe at how the enemy has put so much fake news out there.
    Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.