Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT During my NDE, when I was in heaven, did the angels tell me to sell off my preps?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

During my NDE, when I was in heaven, did the angels tell me to sell off my preps?

A dear soul here at TBK2000 sent me this question recently, and I thought it was a great question.

My real-life friends are a little worried about me, because subsequent to my being dead for 10+ minutes in September, I have been selling/giving away everything, including my furniture, collections of archival/historic documents, and most recently, a massive collection of preps and survival food.

During my NDE, I didn't get any divine intel about upcoming events. But in those immediate hours after my return (while I was hospitalized), the angels were more real to me than the human beings that entered the hospital room.

Unfortunately, after several days, I felt their presence less and less, but I remember their messages very well.

It's been four months, and I've had a lot of time to think about it all, and here's what I learned from the angels.

My life is in God's hands - period. If we have a catastrophic event in the US, and I starve to death and die, I'm okay with that. I have been divinely protected in so many ways, and at so many times, that I have no doubt that I'll be cared for in any circumstances.

If there's a big ugly event and God wants me to survive, She will provide daily manna for my needs.

If not, well, I also have no fear of "death." I know what it's like the moment your heart stops (as mine did), and I know what it's like to be "dead" (which is a silly word - because we just go on).

This whole life is not at all what it appears. Dying is like waking up. Earthly life is the dream. When I was dead, I had more mental clarity and discernment than I have ever known. It was like taking off some really smudged-up, out-of-date glasses.

Our prayers are so much more powerful than we can imagine. Prayers are "love energy" that enable us to be channels of divine love, and prayers create little outposts of heaven on earth. Prayers are a big deal, and have great power.

When I was in heaven, I said something funny (talking to myself), and I laughed out loud. I heard myself laugh. And my first thought was, "my goofy little giggle came with me." And yet, there was no breathing and no air moving past my vocal chords.

I realized that everything we are goes with us. Nothing is left behind. Even our funny little giggle.

In conclusion, no matter what happens, I know that reality is spiritual, and that, as far as earth goes, we're actors on a stage engaged in a very complicated performance, but when it's over, we're welcomed home to a place that's very familiar and comfortable and beautiful and full of peace.

I'm not in a rush to die, but when my time comes, I will die with a smile on my face, because I know what's coming.

The only "intel" I got in this experience was, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand," and knowing that, I am confident that God will walk me through whatever comes.

Thank you so much for telling us of your experience.

I have always thought "God has it covered" and although I have always "prepped" I have never worried overmuch about it.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Powerful words Ma'am...…..thanks for sharing.

I would not presume to try and explain to you what your angels told you, BR.

This gets into areas of theology I have found better left alone, because it freaks too many people out. I have no difficulty believing that every person finds a heaven perfectly suited to their own expectations, for example. In a space of Eternity and Infinity, what is not possible?
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Most excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post

If there's a big ugly event and God wants me to survive, She will provide daily manna for my needs.

Hearing this reminds me of a similar conversation, from the book of Luke.

Luke 4:9-12

And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence. For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

You wouldn't throw yourself off the temple roof expecting God to "provide." Why would you walk into a "big ugly event" without your preps?

It's one thing if you had preps enough for two years and you needed them for five. Then you could make a case that you did something, at least, and you trusted God to fill in the gaps. But to walk in unarmed and unready and expecting manna to be provided smacks of tempting the Lord.

She...

Betty Rose, thank you for sharing!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblepuff View Post

Yea, that SHE part threw the whole thing off, every biblei have ever seen GOD is male, I dont know who he connected with, but it wasnt GOD,

and dosent the bible say something like,your supposed to help yourself to be able to help others?

Quote Originally Posted by RB Martin View Post
    She...

Surely, that was a typing error?

She...
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Surely, that was a typing error?
    If it was an error, it was two. Additional letter and capitalization...

Pick it apart or accept the message (and the love behind it). Believe it, or don't believe it; it's of no moment to me.

I went out on a limb to share a life-changing experience in the hopes that it will bring a blessing to others.

As to the feminine pronoun for God, there are multitudinous references to God as "Mother" in the Bible. But above all, don't let misogyny run away with this thread.

For all of those who are deciding to go out of their way to criticize BR's description of HER experience, screw yourselves.

If you do not like what she has to share.....don't read it. There is a way to do that. Move the F*** on. Those of you who think you have a lock on God's intentions, and God's opinion and God's judgements.....you may just have some surprises coming, too.

Pride goeth and all of that don't seem to be a priority for y'all.

But that is just MY opinion after all....I don't have any illusion that I have some kind of special "in" with the divine.

Yeah, I thought so...good luck with that.

Bless you Betty Rose for sharing that, it was comforting.

Thank you!
    It's Doom O'clock somewhere...www.righteousgrunt.com
    www.strikehardgear.com

Support a Vet. Made in USA tactical gear, Bible covers & more.
    Live Well, Live Blessed.

He also wants us to be prepared so we are able to help others even if it is just family and friends. Sometimes to survive long enough to be ready for the next step whether it is on this earth or not.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic-cat View Post
    For all of those who are deciding to go out of their way to criticize BR's description of HER experience, screw yourselves.

If you do not like what she has to share.....don't read it. There is a way to do that. Move the F*** on. Those of you who think you have a lock on God's intentions, and God's opinion and God's judgements.....you may just have some surprises coming, too.

But that is just MY opinion after all....I don't have any illusion that I have some kind of special "in" with the divine.
    Well, that's a pretty harsh response to someone who just thought she made a typing error. It's not everyday that you see someone refer to God as a female.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic-cat View Post

How nasty!

You know, without prior knowledge, there's no way to tell content until it is read. It's kinda like walking along and stepping in something. Then, you are left with a decision.

I think I'll go with 6000 years of precedent as recorded in Scripture.

I think I'll go with 6000 years of precedent as recorded in Scripture.
    I'm so grateful to hear that! So good to hear that you're open minded enough to accept that God as "She" is indeed biblical!

See, wonderful things are happening already.

I'm so grateful to hear that! So good to hear that you're open minded enough to accept that God as "She" is indeed biblical!

See, wonderful things are happening already.
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

You try to distort my words as you do Scripture. At least I am in good company!

Like I said before "Yeah, I thought so...good luck with that. "

We are done here (at least I am). Truth will attend to itself.

Well there you go.....I should have been saying thank you and please mam all this time.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

Pick it apart or accept the message (and the love behind it). Believe it, or don't believe it; it's of no moment to me.

I went out on a limb to share a life-changing experience in the hopes that it will bring a blessing to others.

As to the feminine pronoun for God, there are multitudinous references to God as "Mother" in the Bible. But above all, don't let misogyny run away with this thread.
    Would you be so kind as to point a few out? I can't seem to find even one...and Jesus gave us the
    Lord's Prayer - Our Father, Who art in Heaven......

Glad you survived a near death experience!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Thanks, BBBuddy.

Here are a few: Genesis 1:27 Women and Men created in God’s image

“Humankind was created as God’s reflection: in the divine image God created them; female and male, God made them.”

Hosea 11:3-4 God described as a mother

God: “Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”

Hosea 13:8 God described as a mother bear

“Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder…”

Deuteronomy 32:11-12 God described as a mother eagle

“Like the eagle that stirs up its nest, and hovers over its young, God spreads wings to catch you, and carries you on pinions.”

Deuteronomy 32:18 God who gives birth

“You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.”

Isaiah 66:13 God as a comforting mother

God: “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”

Isaiah 49:15 God compared to a nursing mother

God: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.”

Isaiah 42:14 God as a woman in labor

God: “For a long time I have held my peace, I have kept myself still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will gasp and pant.”

Psalm 131:2 God as a Mother

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.”

Psalm 123:2-3 God compared to a woman

“As the eyes of a servant looks to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to you, YHWH, until you show us your mercy!”

Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34 God as a Mother Hen

Jesus: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”

Luke 15:8-10 God as woman looking for her lost coin

Jesus: “Or what woman having ten silver coins, is she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Thank you for sharing, Betty Rose. I have no idea what heaven brings, or how God/Grandfather will appear to us, but I do hope that it is something familiar and comforting for each of us. And we are all different. My idea of heaven would not appeal to many here, but then, does it have to?

Love the OP and the sentiment expressed within it. There are 3 things that "abide." (Greek "meno" for those who like word studies): FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE. The OP beautifully expresses that truth.

As for the gender pronouns in reference to God, both genders were made in God's image. God is complete, encompassing all. If he were one gender and not the other, God would be incomplete, and that is impossible. The best Trinitarian understanding, would be to call the Holy Spirit "she." Wisdom in the Old Testament is often equated with the Holy Spirit, and Wisdom has female pronoun referents throughout those texts.
    "As the rising of the sun is clear to all, so the glory of the Lord fills all his works."

I do appreciate your sharing; however, you lost credence with me with your reference to God as "she" and even after reading your references, I feel the same, as the references are simply metaphors.
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    What a wonderful and comforting account!!! Thank you for sharing that Betty Rose.

I personally would be very careful to interpret what a message would be and get rid of everything. Who knows? Preps may be needed and useful for others, or not. Even if one is prepped to the gills, it could all be for naught and taken away if that's how God chooses. I would be prepared for both.

Now, if the message is to reduce "things" because they take up too much of your time, that might be a different story if it prevents one from keeping Our Lord first and foremost in front.

Take your time, pray and most importantly, listen...then pray and listen again. The answer you get, if from God, will leave you with no doubt and you wouldn't have to ask for input.

I usually make it a point to stay away from commenting on religious material, but I'm very interested in NDE's in general. Many who
    "survive" have said that God is not really a "he" or "she", but a Spirit, the source of goodness. But you lost me when you "played the
    gender card" because someone disagreed with you...

Just wondering, did the angels tell you which razor blades us misogynists should be using ?
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by AnniePutin View Post
    I do appreciate your sharing; however, you lost credence with me with your reference to God as "she" and even after reading your references, I feel the same, as the references are simply metaphors.
    Hmm. Well, if you look at the original Greek, The Triune God is clearly revealed. God the Father (masculine), God the Son (masculine), and God the Holy Spirit (feminine).... just a thought..

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore of sound mind, and be sober unto prayer

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.

I am a female. Is it so astonishing that my individual experience of the divine would be interpreted as feminine?

My goodness, I am not perfect. I'm relaying a lovely experience using an imperfect medium of words.

The vitriol on this thread astonishes me. Lest temptation overcomes me, I shan't be back.

ive always been fascinated by NDE and have read hundreds and hundreds over the years by christians and non christians. truly amazing stories with a couple very similar themes.

not every spirit on 'the other side' is from the Living God, no matter how they look or talk. just like on earth, not every nice looking sweet talking person is a good person. not every spirit on the other side of the veil is a good spirit from YHWH

everyone who calls out the name of Jesus or God save me, gets a powerful angelic answer or Jesus Himself.

people can encounter different spirits who claim all sorts of things and many are frightening

non christians have died and come back speak of meeting Christ and being told they are sent back to tell their people that Jesus really is the Son of God and their allah is a lie.

some report of meeting spirits and being tricked to follow them or being intimidated / attacked and scared but by calling on Jesus or God Save me, they get the real angels and are rescued.
    there is one of a marine who died and came back that is very powerful. he thought he was christian enough, was saved but found a horrible evil spirt waiting for him, grabbed him and hurting him. not til he called out for God to help him did he escape the evil spirit. really fascinating stories people have had. so i have no problem accepting your experience, Betty.
    im just kinda wondering at your Conclusions from your supernatural experience.

meaning no disrespect but 2 things come to my mind.
    1- your experience left you knowledge that God has you in His hands and will alwasy care for oyu. yes, i totally believe that. but giving away your belongings (which many NDE people do) and your food storage i wonder if thats jumping the gun.
    if we know that some economic crash is coming or civil strife or hardship and have the means to take care of ourselves and help others and throw it away expecting Fod to somehow take care of us through the storm is kinda rude to God. God helped you acquire those things you need. its kinda like knowing you are going to be laid off in a few months and you get rid of extra food, empty bank account and tell yourslef God will take care of me.

God does feed the birds of the air but He doesnt put the food in their mouths.

2- well, one can not confuse the God of the bible, YHWH and His Christ with a 'she' god. YHWH is never referred to as a she. YHWH is spirit, neither male or female but chose to be called Father by humans. lots of 'she'; gods in history and its your business if you follow a 'she' god, but it has nothing to do with the Creator God of the bible, different entities..

kind of like muslims claiming their allah is my YHWH of the bible. nope, its not. different teachings, different history, different rules. no matter how much they insist their allah will never be YHWH and vice versa.

wishing you well, betty. please dont get rid of your food stuffs. it is not a sign of trusting God it is telling God He has to take care of you when you could have taken care of yourself. someone will have to be sent by God to share their food with you, using up their food for their family because you gave yours away. God isnt going to send an angel every night to put food on your table. He will send a human who saved up food and will share it with you. instead of being able to help yourself and others you become a burden. i doubt you want that.
    God bless betty and take care
    Last edited by jazzy; 01-20-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Thanks, BBBuddy.

Here are a few: Genesis 1:27 Women and Men created in God’s image

“Humankind was created as God’s reflection: in the divine image God created them; female and male, God made them.”

Hosea 11:3-4 God described as a mother

God: “Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”

Hosea 13:8 God described as a mother bear

“Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder…”

Deuteronomy 32:11-12 God described as a mother eagle

“Like the eagle that stirs up its nest, and hovers over its young, God spreads wings to catch you, and carries you on pinions.”

Deuteronomy 32:18 God who gives birth

“You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.”

Isaiah 66:13 God as a comforting mother

God: “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”

Isaiah 49:15 God compared to a nursing mother

God: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.”

Isaiah 42:14 God as a woman in labor

God: “For a long time I have held my peace, I have kept myself still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will gasp and pant.”

Psalm 131:2 God as a Mother

“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.”

Psalm 123:2-3 God compared to a woman

“As the eyes of a servant looks to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to you, YHWH, until you show us your mercy!”

Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34 God as a Mother Hen

Jesus: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”

Luke 15:8-10 God as woman looking for her lost coin

Jesus: “Or what woman having ten silver coins, is she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
    Comparing God's love to mothers is not saying God is female. Your first reference in Genesis is misleading. God said to those gathered around Him, "Let us make man in OUR image". By saying "our" He included Himself in that. He did not say My or your. He did create Himself in the flesh as Christ. When the disciples asked Christ what God looks like, He replied "If you have seen the Son, you have seen the Father". Christ was male, ergo God is male.

I've been studying NDE's as part of my Christian walk for the past few years. Your NDE is very consistent with other accounts I have read in many ways. I would love to hear more details if you don't mind sharing. Things like -- did you have a life review? did you see the tunnel? any descriptions of heaven?

As far as prepping, while I will always prepare, I find it less of a focus as my faith increases. My studies of NDE's (and the Bible) have led me to conclude that heaven is a wonderful place and God is in control of all things. I will go home when He calls. In the meantime though, I prep as I believe it is the right thing to do.

Thanks for sharing Betty Rose. It seems that God isn't finished with me yet, but when my time does come, I'm looking forward to the indescribable joy of meeting God and being reunited with all the beloved people and critters that have gone before me. My husband says I'm nuts and that religion and it's stories are just stories to keep the masses under control. He believes that this life is the end. Period. If that's right and there is no afterlife, well that would disappoint me, but the idea of nothing doesn't scare me.

Thank you for sharing Betty Rose. "The kingdom of God is at hand", that has been and is being impressed on me strongly for at least the past couple of years. When you walk there, there is no fear. When you walk through the valley of the shadow of death it changes you forever.

I really enjoyed what you wrote, and truly believe that God gives and takes away on his time clock. It doesn't matter how much you prepare, when he wants you to come home, he's going to take you. If he wants you here, he's going to give you what you need. I have learned many lessons on this in the last 15 years or so. The best you can do is love those around you with all you have, give freely, God will give you back what you need, prepare for Heaven. This is only a only given for a little while.

Betty Rose, I don't know what version of the Bible you find those references in -- I've never ever seen that, and I am VERY familiar with God's Holy Word. We aren't meaning to rain on your friend's parade, but miss-calling God in that way does cast some doubt on the validity of the messages he (or she) has received. There are beings who try to deceive people with false messages. That calling God 'she' is a pretty telling clue that this message, whoever it came from, was not from God or from His messengers.

That said, we each have to make our own decisions about prepping, and take responsibility for the consequences.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

A dear soul here at TBK2000 sent me this question recently....
    I think a lot of folks missed this first sentence.

So, the near death experience wasn't even Betty Rose's as far as I can tell... It is all just hearsay
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I think a lot of folks missed this first sentence.

So, the near death experience wasn't even Betty Rose's as far as I can tell... It is all just hearsay
    No. Betty Rose was the one who had the NDE. Someone just ask her a question about it, and she started this new thread in reply.