Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL If you live in Oregon, they are coming for your Second Amendment Rights. Again.
+ Reply to Thread

If you live in Oregon, they are coming for your Second Amendment Rights. Again.

Oregon legislators are trying to outdo themselves in denying law abiding citizens their Second Amendment Rights. These are pending bills, not ones that have passed.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/2019-...ms-legislation

2019 Firearms Legislation

HB 2251 No modern firearms for draft age Oregonians. Extends background check delays to 30 days. More.

HB 2287 Firearms safety training for schools. A knock off of a ballot measure written by OFF and oddly introduced by anti-gun House reps.

HB 2298 Modified CHL reciprocity.

HB 2479 Increases CHL fees at the request of the Oregon Sheriffs Association.

HB 2505 Trigger locks. Liability for 4 years. (IP 44 in legislative form)

HB 2546 Tax credit for background check fees. The sponsor (Paul Evans) is anti-gun. This will be his token to the gun owners he attacks.

HB 2705 Establishes a “voluntary” “Do Not Sell” list. Allows a person to add his or her name to a list of people who may not buy firearms.

SB 5 Imposes strict liability on shooting ranges and shooters for rounds that leave the property and cause injuries. Allows the city or county where the range is located to be sued if city or county failed to regulate the range after they had notice that a “dangerous condition” existed. “Dangerous condition” is not defined.

SB 87 Raises minimum age to purchase firearm or “firearm component” to 21. Allows gun dealers to impose any minimum age over 21. Defines firearm component (among other things) as anything that “enhances the shooting accuracy of a firearm.” Requested by former BOLI chair Brad Avakian.

SB 275 Mandatory lockup and liability. Basically IP 44 in legislative form.

SB 322 . Allows sheriffs to issue CHL’s to persons in adjoining counties. This would help people like the residents of Wheeler County when their sheriff and all deputies quit.

SB 323 Reciprocity for CHL holders of states that recognize Oregon CHL’s.

SB 481 Requires that a person who demanded your firearms be confiscated be informed if they are returned.

SB 501 Requires permit to PURCHASE firearm. Bans mags over 5 rounds. Requires trigger locks. Limits ammo purchase to 20 rounds a month. Requires background checks for ammo purchases. Imposes waiting period or 14 days.

SB 539 Bans use or discharge of exploding targets, tracer ammunition or fireworks on land owned by public body during periods established by certain State Forester declarations relating to fire danger.

And the beat goes on....

I am SO glad that I no longer live in that shit-hole.

Ore-GONE
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Trying to “one-up” WA state.
    To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree." - unknown

Building that western wall bloomturd talked about..
    Wait, I thought the commies said walls didnt work???
    Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shockla is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo.

Yeah, karate monkey, yeah, that's probably safer.

Anyone from Utah, how does it look there? Especially in terms of gun laws? We may have the opportunity to go to Utah in the near future (NOT SLC, happily) and I've been thinking of asking people here about it. We left CA years ago to come to Oregon as it had some of the least restrictive gun laws in the US, and at this moment, still does.

We've found that the last two years are actually taking a huge toll on our family. It was not safe for us in CA and Oregon seemed like "Whitopia" at first, but I've come to discover living around hordes of absolutely bat-shit insane liberal idiots is SERIOUSLY bad for my mental health.

The people here in the valley are seriously DERANGED. The stuff that goes on defies reality. We just can't stay. I certainly can't stay in a place that will make me a felon the minute a new gun law passes, and we are not "gun" people, just people that like guns and have a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedmoor View Post
    Trying to “one-up” WA state.
    And CA, IL, Connecticut, MA, MD, NJ and NY....

Ore-GONE I am afraid Texas, and George not too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralbinder View Post
    Anyone from Utah, how does it look there? Especially in terms of gun laws? We may have the opportunity to go to Utah in the near future (NOT SLC, happily) and I've been thinking of asking people here about it. We left CA years ago to come to Oregon as it had some of the least restrictive gun laws in the US, and at this moment, still does.

We've found that the last two years are actually taking a huge toll on our family. It was not safe for us in CA and Oregon seemed like "Whitopia" at first, but I've come to discover living around hordes of absolutely bat-shit insane liberal idiots is SERIOUSLY bad for my mental health.

The people here in the valley are seriously DERANGED. The stuff that goes on defies reality. We just can't stay. I certainly can't stay in a place that will make me a felon the minute a new gun law passes, and we are not "gun" people, just people that like guns and have a couple.
    I might suggest Arizona instead. Few restrictions here on firearms. Anyone can carry concealed or open without a permit. Open carry is rather popular outside of of major cities. Property taxes are cheaper than Utah. Wide range of topography from low desert to high well forested mountains.