Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Five Republicans Join Democrat Push to Criminalize Private Gun Sales
+ Reply to Thread

Five Republicans Join Democrat Push to Criminalize Private Gun Sales

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ate-gun-sales/

The five are Reps. Peter King (R-NY), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Fred Upton (R-Mich.), Chris Smith (R-NJ), and Brian Mast (R-FL).

King is a sponsor of the bill to criminalize private gun sales, standing with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA) for more gun control. And Rep. Mast is continuing to show a penchant for gun control he first displayed after the Parkland school shooting, when he called for President Trump to enact a national ban on the sale of AR-15 rifles.
    The push to criminalize private gun sales is being presented as a universal background check requirement. Such checks would require Americans to get government permission to sell a gun to a neighbor, a life-long friend, or a co-worker.

NPR reports that Rep. King said, “When background checks are used, they keep guns out of the hands of people we all agree shouldn’t have guns.”

King did not mention that Gabby Giffords’ attacker passed a background check for his gun, as did the November October 1, 2017, Las Vegas gunman, the June 12, 2016, Orlando Pulse gunman, the October 1, 2015, Umpqua Community College gunman, the May 23, 2014, Santa Barbara gunman, the July 20, 2012, Aurora movie theater gunman, and the November 5, 2009, Ft. Hood gunman, to name a few.
    Just a step towards removing all guns from the population.

Upton is in Grand Rapidsa Michigan. He'll be gone in two years. The hunters will vote him out!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ate-gun-sales/

Just a step towards removing all guns from the law abiding population.

Fixed it for you.

One can only hope more of the so-called Republicans do not vote for this or any other gun control bill. I do not trust a single person in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas Parker View Post
    Upton is in Grand Rapidsa Michigan. He'll be gone in two years. The hunters will vote him out!
    Been reflected for 17 terms. People just don't get it.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    Reflect on that.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Don’t use your last bullet on them.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Upton AGAIN?? What the hell is he DOING?

Merge this with the Feinstein bill to remove 205 weapons, and you know what you got?

Ans: A law.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Merge this with the Feinstein bill to remove 205 weapons, and you know what you got?

Ans: A law.
    An UNCONSTITUTIONAL law.

Upton has been in for years, since 1987. I remember when he actually was rather conservative. I also remember when Lindsay Graham was expected to be a conservative.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    An UNCONSTITUTIONAL law.
    err, more accurate answer is Lexington II, at a town square near you.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

Oh brother.
    A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. - Proverbs 15:1

Make whatever law they want....can’t stop people from doin it.

Three threads about different attacks on the 2A?

HMMM?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Come on Millwright! They’re just common sense proposals to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

(Ours are the wrong hands...)

The evil is running strong lately. Common sense tells me so.
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    The evil is running strong lately. Common sense tells me so.
    Running strong or running skeert.

I think they are too arrogant and stupid to really grasp the complexion of the situation tho.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Reflect on that.

Vampires cast no reelection....

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Running strong or running skeert.

I think they are too arrogant and stupid to really grasp the complexion of the situation tho.
    God grant it be so. It would be nice to see evil lose for once.

5 Reps, so what. Dems already have the majority and can pass whatever they want in the House without those five. It's the Senate that matters. 5 flip in the Senate and we are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Come on Millwright! They’re just common sense proposals to keep guns out of the wrong hands.

(Ours are the wrong hands...)
    I have been told as much just from twitter banter...
    The dems say they do not want confiscation, but its a damn lie, as proven when one pisses them off.
    Looking back, the lion was a bad idea. That's why Dr. Shockla is gonna hook us up with a monkey. I'm gonna teach it taekwondo.

Yeah, karate monkey, yeah, that's probably safer.

I don’t twat, er twit, er whatever it is, so what they say doesn't flutter my titties...

To them, common sense = Commie Sense. It's one of their word phrases that they all parrot.