Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WEATHER Winter Storm Gia -- 9 dead so far in Missouri, Kansas, Indiana; hundreds stranded
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    We have 7 inches so far. Still snowing heavy ,winds 15-20 mph. Under a level 2 snow emergency which means only roads are extremely hazardous, drifted & a lot are snowed shut.only to be driving if urgent.. Kids &their spouses been here all day for youngest 14th birthday. They all put there baby's to sleep in my room & now they are all out running 380 acres around us on snowmobiles. 8 grandkids from 6 years to 6 months, & 7 extra adults are spending the night.

We're at two inches and the storm is slowly making it's way over us.
    Normally I can hear the state snow plows working the main roadways but not tonight and I do hear some traffic traveling out there and likely 4X4 trucks, I called the wife to let her know this and may end up spending the night at a friends house rather try making up and down the windy mountain roads to get home.

Love it when it snows it's so quite outside.

We got clipped in SW lower MI. For the first time in somewhere around six weeks, the ground is completely covered. No trace of grass can be spotted. This is, of course, a minor problem at worst. The plows haven't even been out from what I can tell and it doesn't look like much of a call for them. Maybe tomorrow they'll be plowing, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    We have 7 inches so far. Still snowing heavy ,winds 15-20 mph. Under a level 2 snow emergency which means only roads are extremely hazardous, drifted & a lot are snowed shut.only to be driving if urgent.. Kids &their spouses been here all day for youngest 14th birthday. They all put there baby's to sleep in my room & now they are all out running 380 acres around us on snowmobiles. 8 grandkids from 6 years to 6 months, & 7 extra adults are spending the night.
    Sounds like wonderful memories in the making for all of you!
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.

It's 0500 and I just woke up, after inadvertently spending the night in the recliner with Astor snoring at my feet. My wife tends to let me be if I fall asleep. It looks like about 2 1/2" or 3" on the ground; it's completely quiet, snow is still falling and it looks like a Currier and Ives painting outside. I love how snow insulates sounds; It's like God threw a beautiful white blanket over the world. Looks like no snow plows through our apt. complex just yet.

Very peaceful, and very nice to be inside out of the mess. Time for a cup of (decaf) coffee!

Why are you guys hogging up all of my snow. We haven't had a decent snow (by our standards) all winter.

‘Global Snowpocalypse’ - what to expect for the next few weeks.

https://youtu.be/wCE_PfNm-Fw

(Sorry about the ads.)

Kathy.
    Chasing rainbows across an empty sky
    The sun is fading before our very eyes
    See the darkness as it creeps up from behind
    We can no longer say we’re blind.

We lost power here, right around 0130. I set up some battery powered lights in the kitchen and bathrooms and hit the sack. I went out to burn one - smoke a cigarette - awhile ago, looks like we got around 5 or 6 inch's here and it's still coming down. The power came back on around 4 or 5 am.
    III

8” of fresh beautiful snow! It snowed for 13 hours yesterday with a few fur spells here and there. But we managed to make last minute plans to go watch football at a friends house and pick up pizza.... I’d planned on not leaving the house and had vegetable soup in the crockpot, but hub got called off work and doesn’t fear driving in anything , even though I’m a white knuckled co pilot lol. Sooo, we made and made it back home safely about 10 pm last nigh. The roads were better comkng home, than they were around 4:00!

Today I’m not budging !
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding,
    acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path.

Definitely not a "nothing" storm.........

BreakingNAgency
    ‏ @BreakingNAgency
    5m5 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Weather Channel are reporting that the death toll of #WinterStormGia has risen to 9.

Weather All The Time!
    ‏ @weathermedia2
    50m50 minutes ago

#UPDATE | Almost 230K out of power from #Gia.

tiniskwerl
    ‏ @tiniskwerl
    5h5 hours ago

#WinterStormGia #Midwest/#NorthEast
    At Least 7 Dead/1800 Stranded on Highways
    #WinterStorm #Gia Impact 20 Million #WashingtonDC=>#Colorado
    Up to 18 inches #snow
    #Flights cancel/delay
    #StL #Lambert 1/3 Flts Cancel

#travel #airtravel #traveladvisory #traffic

Francisco J Barrios
    ‏ @fjbarrios
    56m56 minutes ago

#Gia #ArlingtonVa #snowpocalypse2019
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

The 2018-2019 Storms all went to a Montessori School.
    It's true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ell...essori-school/

" The Weather Channel has released its seventh annual list of 2018–19 storm names, which will be used to label winter storms, blizzards, and ice storms. Looks like we'll be taking shelter from Gia, Avery, Vaughn, Fisher, and their precipitation...

Who chooses these names? The headmaster at Brooklyn Forest? All these storms went to a Montessori school. These blizzards all have a Vanguard account and a black AmEx. These weather events have better hair than me. These storms wear matching Batsheva dresses with their two moms. Ed Sheeran is going to perform at the inevitable wedding of two of these bad babies, and we're all going to judge the rose-gold leaf on the custom-made bower when the nuptials are covered by the New York Times."
    "As the rising of the sun is clear to all, so the glory of the Lord fills all his works."

Howard Altschule
    ‏ @FWCWeather
    9m9 minutes ago

#WINTER STORM that left at least 7 dead targets Mid-Atlantic, sparks snow emergencies http://gpwx.news/q61o0 #FWCWeather

Published 24 mins ago

A powerful winter storm that has left at least 7 dead and spawned winter weather alerts spanning 1,500 miles is targeting the nation's capital on Sunday, bringing the region its biggest amount of snow so far this season.

The National Weather Service said that the heaviest snow threat has shifted into the Mid-Atlantic, where 5 to 12 inches of snow is expected through Sunday night. Between 8 to 12 inches of snow is expected near Washington, D.C., with "locally higher amounts" possible.

"To the south, freezing rain is expected into Sunday near and east of the central and southern Appalachians, where up to a quarter of an inch of ice could accrete, with locally higher amounts possible," the NWS's Weather Prediction Center said.

MONSTER SNOWSTORM TO SPAN HALF THE US

The storm moved into Kansas and Nebraska from the Rockies on Friday, then east into Missouri, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana, covering roads and making driving dangerous.

Lots more here:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/winter-st...ow-emergencies
    Attached Images

Jeanine
    ‏ @Beanie7
    7m7 minutes ago

#cardinals #wildbirds #snow #winter #igpittsburgh @ Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsk6xcSn...=136nfxyzaq6b2
    Attached Images

Here in the SnowBelt of NE Ohio, we have a whole inch of snow. I went out with a broom this morning and swept a path to the garage. I'm perfectly content to let those in the mid and southern part of the state be the heroes. Enjoy your snow stories. They are fun. Looks like we get hit next weekend. So far, it's been an easy winter. It won't last, so excuse me while I head out in my speedo and catch some rays.

ps, around here we don't name our snow storms. No sense in getting attached to the bastards.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Here in the SnowBelt of NE Ohio, we have a whole inch of snow. I went out with a broom this morning and swept a path to the garage. I'm perfectly content to let those in the mid and southern part of the state be the heroes. Enjoy your snow stories. They are fun. Looks like we get hit next weekend. So far, it's been an easy winter. It won't last, so excuse me while I head out in my speedo and catch some rays.

ps, around here we don't name our snow storms. No sense in getting attached to the bastards.
    Actual footage of Groucho in the snow with a Speedo

I am surprised that someone hasn't complained that storm names are racist by omission

The OP needs a run time.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Run time 10:38

Washington, DC:

Leigh Claffey
    ‏ @LeighClaffey
    2m2 minutes ago

#breaking: Kirby has eaten approximately 8 lbs of snow so far.
    Attached Images

WJZ | CBS Baltimore
    ‏Verified account @wjz
    4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: The Winter Storm Warning has been extended until midnight Monday: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/0...d-to-midnight/ … #BeOnWJZ

January 13, 2019 at 11:26 am

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Winter Storm Warning that was issued Saturday for most of Maryland was extended to midnight Monday.

WJZ’s Weather Team continues to track the snow as it moves through the Baltimore region.

Baltimore is expected to get anywhere from 4-6 inches — 3-5 inches for northern counties and 5-8 inches for Central Maryland. Other parts of Maryland could see up to a foot.

Road conditions could be difficult as snow-covered roads become slippery for drivers. If you don’t need to be outside, it’s better to stay in.

The snow is expected to taper off Sunday night.

Here’s a timeline of what to expect:

More here:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...d-to-midnight/
    Attached Images

It stayed just across the Kansas state line.

We only got some rain

I'm OK with that.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I'm jealous, you're getting all the snow down there. Just kidding
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

We got around eight inches here in central Kansas. Lovely wet snow.

Yep, been nice up north for the past few days at 28 to 30F and mostly overcast, but a great break. I was out this morning, chipping ice and started and ran all the battery powered stuff (4 wheeler, lawn tractors, extra vehicles, etc.) in the pole building to charge things up.
    Take advantage while it's balmy and pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    Yep, been nice up north for the past few days at 28 to 30F and mostly overcast, but a great break. I was out this morning, chipping ice and started and ran all the battery powered stuff (4 wheeler, lawn tractors, extra vehicles, etc.) in the pole building to charge things up.
    Take advantage while it's balmy and pleasant.
    It's been a nice winter. The first three weeks of December were warm with no snow cover, perfect for getting out in the woods and cutting firewood. Then we got a couple good shots of snow, good ground cover for the septic, and a good excuse not to go cut more firewood The cold spells have been short in duration.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Had a small break in the action and starting back up again and so far we got just a little over 5". We may end up with 6" or 7" this easy enough to deal with, but for my wife no so much she did make it home last night and said the roads back here were not touched by any plow truck and this was at 12:45AM thats past midnight and we had about 3" inch of snow by that time.

The Extended Forecasts are showing the possibility of more snow sometime this week.

*gasp* -- would ya look at that?

Wazza
    ‏ @wzacher
    3m3 minutes ago

#BREAKING NEWS ALERT
    There is an unknown giant yellow ball floating over the city of Minneapolis.

Please use caution. Do not approach!
    @NWSTwinCities
    Attached Images

LOL...yes we did...about 4ish inches...nut n aunty are not happy...whoops...LOL
    It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.- Mark Twain

Anyone got the summary version of the video for the gigabyte-challenged?

Are we all doomed?
    Do NOT confuse my personality with my attitude.
    My personality depends on ME.
    My attitude depends on YOU.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

Um, AL Bore assured us all over a decade ago of global warming and all the Polar Bears would be dead?

Here is a link to the grand solar minimum page on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9DWzexrlo
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by flying screwdriver View Post
    Anyone got the summary version of the video for the gigabyte-challenged?

Are we all doomed?
    One can hope.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    One can hope.
    Coming from a biased source, yer jus greedy for those profits from the Doom.
    Do NOT confuse my personality with my attitude.
    My personality depends on ME.
    My attitude depends on YOU.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

Threads Merged
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    *gasp* -- would ya look at that?

Wazza
    ‏ @wzacher
    3m3 minutes ago

#BREAKING NEWS ALERT
    There is an unknown giant yellow ball floating over the city of Minneapolis.

Please use caution. Do not approach!
    @NWSTwinCities

Wow. I saw one of those in Wisconsin last July. The deep state is still covering up this and Sasquatch

We're up to 3 inches on the truck and RELIC's car.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Love all the photos of the snow! Sure wish some had or would make it down here!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deena in GA View Post
    Love all the photos of the snow! Sure wish some had or would make it down here!
    NO
    No we don't --she is just kidding

I am glad there is no frost in our future. I have over 15 papayas on the tree in my yard and it would ruin them all. I can pick about one every five or six days. It was around 78 here today. So nice to be in FL, in the winter..

Been wondering where the heck winter went. Up here in New England the only decent snow we've gotten came down back at Thanksgiving. Since then, it's mostly been piddling little dustings at best, and we're now halfway through January. Last year winter just wouldn't let go, dragging well into April, and now this year winter is half over with nothing to show. If spring arrives on time this year, we'll have a bare 6 weeks of winter.
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Am I on the right forum?

I remember a time when members here didn’t buy the regularly scheduled horse manure that the MSM tried to feed us.

Why isn’t anyone talking about the Maunder Minimum and the ‘Mini Ice Age’?

I posted a link about it on page 3. (I’ve been studying this for quite some time.)

Massive crop failures have occurred in 2017 and 2018; food reserves in Europe are now negligible; ‘Thanksgiving Dinner’ cost, on average, 33% more than in 2017 in Europe; food prices in N. America are now incrementally rising and will double by June; snow in much of Europe (and the eastern block) is endlessly falling, covering entire forests to a depth of 30+ feet; domestic animals are being slaughtered because there is no food (primarily corn) to feed them; the glaciers in Greenland have grown significantly; Scotland has glaciers again for the first time in 1,300 years, and in N, America we’re just beginning to see and feel the effects of the rapidly plummeting temperatures.

To skip over most of the finer points, the bottom line is that these storms (droughts and floods too) are going to steadily worsen over the next four years. So, unless you have a spot reserved in one of those underground cities we used to talk about, there will be *no* food (or meds) left to buy, at any price, by the end of 2022.

Current estimates differ somewhat, but every scientist ‘working this problem’ agrees that somewhere between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 people, currently alive, will still be alive in 2024 - that’s five years folks - and a massive die off of the unprepared will occur before 2022, leaving somewhere between 400,000 and 800,000 people left alive on Earth - the occupants of underground cities notwithstanding, but even they won’t raise the total by much.

Seismic activity, both tectonic and volcanic, presently taking place on the ocean floor, is more active than it has been in recorded history. We’ll be seeing an escalation of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions any time now, coupled with lightening storms, and hailstorms, with hail large enough to flatten your house and/or car.

This isn’t Y2K; there’s nowhere to run to and nowhere to hide, and no possible way to prepare for what is happening.

Sláinte!

Kathy.
    Chasing rainbows across an empty sky
    The sun is fading before our very eyes
    See the darkness as it creeps up from behind
    We can no longer say we’re blind.