Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Terrorism? Huge explosion in Paris; many injured
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    Agree.
    Prayers for France.

MzKitty, thanks for posting the reports.
    I concur. Thank you MzKitty.

No matter the reason, those poor people are up against a mighty trial to begin with and I pray they don't give up!

FWIW, when I lived in South Africa bombs were fairly common in Johannesburg. You'd be walking down the street or sitting in a pub when you'd hear the deep boom and maybe feel the ground shake a bit. A couple of decades later the bombings became common in Europe. Bombings are still pretty rare in the US but don't doubt that it's coming here, too.

Best regards
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post
    Maybe, but the story is that people smelled gas and called the fire dept., which is why they are on scene. Two firefighters died, so what did they do, open some gas pipes wider while trying to shut them off? Here, on all 911 and gas calls, everybody shows up (as for all calls), and the gas company. They're not saying any gas company employees were there. How big are gas pipes in bakeries anyway? It all still seems hinky, nonetheless.
    Even moderately skilled terrs and all special forces military people learn to use gas as an improvised explosive. It's fairly easy to do and provides good cover for the operators. Don't assume that every gas explosion is an innocent accident or mistake.

Best regards
    Doc

That's gonna play havoc with those souffles.

What about you? LOL. I had taken a nap earlier and now I can't sleep.

Itís not a nap that Helen needs.
    Itís Dennis.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Maybe, but the story is that people smelled gas and called the fire dept., which is why they are on scene. Two firefighters died, so what did they do, open some gas pipes wider while trying to shut them off? Here, on all 911 and gas calls, everybody shows up (as for all calls), and the gas company. They're not saying any gas company employees were there. How big are gas pipes in bakeries anyway? It all still seems hinky, nonetheless.
    Bakery. Lotsa gas ovens. Light candle in far corner. Break gas line to oven. Leave.
    Fuel source, ignition source, delay timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    FWIW, when I lived in South Africa bombs were fairly common in Johannesburg. You'd be walking down the street or sitting in a pub when you'd hear the deep boom and maybe feel the ground shake a bit. A couple of decades later the bombings became common in Europe. Bombings are still pretty rare in the US but don't doubt that it's coming here, too.

Best regards
    Doc
    Yeah. I responded to an employee report of a suspicious package last year, the dog checked it out and it turned out to be a false alarm. The employee had grown up as an expat in the Middle East and had had a friend killed by an IED in something as inocuous as a juice carton. What she saw, and where it was, put her in "Ah Crap!" mode. We handled it, no biggie. That being said that we haven't had a real bombing campaign in the US like Europe or the Middle East is at best dumb luck thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Bakery. Lotsa gas ovens. Light candle in far corner. Break gas line to oven. Leave.
    Yup. IIRC just after 9/11 back east there were reports of some similar attempts at such things....
    Last edited by Housecarl; 01-12-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Cleared up grammar

There is way too little information known by the public to make a total determination. But many Rumors fly around during these events. Much of it unreliable. What information that does exist sure seems to suggest an NG explosion to me. The video and pictures seem to support the idea that the fire department was already on scene when the explosion happened.
    But not likely to die free

What about you? LOL. I had taken a nap earlier and now I can't sleep.

Mz Kitty, I found the cure for that, eat 2 pieces of chocolate fudge or a Hershey's dark chocolate candy bar. You will sleep so good!
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by greysage View Post
    My thoughts are false flag/deep state terror to quell the yellow vest protests this weekend. Hopefully the French people rally and take to the streets in greater numbers now.
    ^^^This! That was my first thought as well. The yellow vests have been threatening some pretty devastating bank runs recently, and I wonder if this bomb was planted to keep everyone in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Mz Kitty, I found the cure for that, eat 2 pieces of chocolate fudge or a Hershey's dark chocolate candy bar. You will sleep so good!
    I believe in chocolate.

So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Quote Originally Posted by BornFree View Post
    There is way too little information known by the public to make a total determination. But many Rumors fly around during these events. Much of it unreliable. What information that does exist sure seems to suggest an NG explosion to me. The video and pictures seem to support the idea that the fire department was already on scene when the explosion happened.
    Unfortunately, that fits with a terror attack just as much as an accidental leak. Either one leaks until an ignition source is found. Terror is more likely in my mind, as gas lines are designed not to be broken easily. Here, at least, new gas lines have features to shut off broken lines or open valves, but may not be required there or may be too old to have been installed.

Unfortunately, that fits with a terror attack just as much as an accidental leak. Either one leaks until an ignition source is found. Terror is more likely in my mind, as gas lines are designed not to be broken easily. Here, at least, new gas lines have features to shut off broken lines or open valves, but may not be required there or may be too old to have been installed.
    Considering a LOT of the "infrastructure" in the very Heart of Paris could be 200 years old now. ESPECIALLY gas lines.

One of the tweets referred to "Le Coeur de Paris" which is LITTERALLY "The Heart of Paris".
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

BreakingNAgency
    ‏ @BreakingNAgency
    1m1 minute ago

#BREAKING: Officials have identified the two firefighters, who died during the explosion at the bakery in Paris, France as 28-year-old Master Corpral Simon Cartannaz and 27-year-old 1st Class Nathanael Josselin.

(Photo: @le_Parisien)
    Attached Images

Prof Ferrada de Noli
    ‏ @ProfessorsBlogg
    6m6 minutes ago

WAS A BOMB?
    An Italian man who directly witnessed the #Paris explosion, and got wounded, shows "where the bomb was discovered"

Do observe how quickly the firemen were in place.
    And to whom this explosion benefits, done exactly at the #YellowVest protest day?

#MacronMustGo #svpol

Little video, 2 down:

https://twitter.com/ProfessorsBlogg

Prof Ferrada de Noli
    ‏ @ProfessorsBlogg
    6m6 minutes ago

WAS A BOMB?
    An Italian man who directly witnessed the #Paris explosion, and got wounded, shows "where the bomb was discovered"

Do observe how quickly the firemen were in place.
    And to whom this explosion benefits, done exactly at the #YellowVest protest day?

#MacronMustGo #svpol

Little video, 2 down:

https://twitter.com/ProfessorsBlogg
    That fire pumper appears to be the one that I've seen in other photos that show it being damaged by debris, which would put the vehicle on the street before the explosion, not arriving after it. Was the gas leak legit or did somebody try to do something by setting up an ignition source, breaking a gas line and then leaving the area. who knows. Two young firefighters are dead, other firefighters and civilians are injured. It's still a mess no matter how it happened
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria. As true NOW as it was true THEN!!

Video from a guy who lives right across the street.

ēUn Monde Sans MaÓtreē
    ‏ @UMSM_INFO
    45m45 minutes ago

@UMSM_INFO: Vidťo díun journaliste Italien montrant le KO aprŤs líexplosion a #Paris #cartabianca #Gaz #Feu #Accident #PompiersDeParis

On top here, 1:26

https://twitter.com/UMSM_INFO

They use propane for the ovens.

Rai 24 last night was reporting that there was an issue w/ a propane gas tank.

Oh and if one wants to view the protests look at the Rai 24 feed online - going on full strength.
    Frugal is the new black!!
    http://www.bethefrugaldiva.com
    Get cashback on your online purchases!!!
    http://www.ebates.com/refer-a-friend...o%2FgWeg%3D%3D

I should also point out that while I'm open to this being something other than what is reported; gas leaks are VERY common in Europe especially in Eastern Europe but they happen in the "older" parts of Northern Europe as well.

Places that were destroyed during WWII tend to have better and more modern infrastructure but London still uses a 19th-century sewage system and a lot of buildings were put up in the early 20th century (all over Northern Europe) that are heated with old gas pipelines.

Most of the US gas network, at least outside the East Coast is newer and somewhat better maintained - and again except in some older cities; there are not a lot of what are old buildings that were converted to one gas heater system for the entire building.

I remember some oil setups like that from when I lived in school dorms in the US but not nearly as many old apartment buildings but in Europe it is often standard especially Eastern Europe and Russia.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

PS - many places in Europe don't even HAVE gas lines but rather the tanks of propane being used at the bakery; one reason we don't have any gas appliance is that you have to have a large gas tank (aka potential bomb) sitting in your back yard that is refilled by a truck every so often and/or uses tiny tanks you place under your stove top like a camping stove (only indoors).

Dublin has real pipeline gas as do some of the smaller cities but more rural areas do not. They've been saying we will get a pipeline "any day now" for over 20 years.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

deleted
    "Apres la Guerre."