Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME 'Why did he shoot him five times?,' complains mother of dead armed robber
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Why did he shoot him five times?,' complains mother of dead armed robber

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/0...paign=theblaze

January 08, 2018

Mother of armed robber shot dead by man defending his children: 'Why did he shoot him five times?

The mother of an armed robber, who was shot dead by dad protecting his children, is wondering why her son was shot five times instead of just once.

After an armed man entered a Popeye's restaurant in San Antonio last month and reportedly pointed a gun at a customer's children, that customer — a licensed concealed carrier — shot the gunman dead.

But now the mother of the deceased 19-year-old gunman is asking why the father who fatally shot her son chose to fire more than once.

While Cynthia Ruiz acknowledged her son, Andrew Herrera, deserved to be punished and that the dad who shot him was defending his family, she shared a lingering question with KSAT-TV: “Why shoot him four more times? Why did he shoot him five times?”

Ruiz added to the station that she wants to see surveillance video, but police last week wouldn't confirm to KSAT if a video exists.

What led to the fatal shooting?

During the Dec. 6 incident, the gunman demanded money from the dad inside the restaurant, KABB-TV reported — but the father said he wasn’t giving him anything, Police Sgt. Roy Miller told the Express-News.

The robber turned to the employees to try to rob them, and police told KSAT-TV in an earlier story the employees all ran out the back of the restaurant.

The dad asked the gunman if his family could leave, and when the robber agreed, the mom and two of their children exited the restaurant — but two of the family’s other children were still in the restroom, KABB-TV reported.

But when the robber saw the two children walk out of the restroom and pointed his gun at them, Dad fired his own gun and killed the robber, KABB reported.

What did police say after the fatal shooting?

“The citizen is a licensed carrier and did use his handgun to take down the robber,” Police Capt. Michael Starnes told the Express-News, adding that the father isn’t facing any charges.

“He really saved the day and protected a lot of people today,” Starnes told the paper.

What else is the mother of the dead gunman saying?

Ruiz said a second suspect — the alleged getaway driver told her that her son's gun "wasn’t even loaded," KSAT reported, adding that police wouldn't confirm the claim.

The gunman's mother — who is also a widow — also told the station that her son had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder as a child and with schizophrenia in 2016.

Three weeks before the shooting Herrera stopped taking his medications, Ruiz told KSAT.

“What is life? Being on medicine all the time and I’m sleeping?" Ruiz recalled to the station her son asking her. "I’m missing life.”

Soon after Herrera, who didn't have a job, started bringing home money, the station said — and police told KSAT they believe he was involved with other robberies.

“If you have money from whatever you’re doing, you can take that money and find a place to live,” Ruiz told the station she told her son.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Just for grins, here is a recent video from an antique Cajun. See how long the first five shots take -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=BVDWVQcwxiU
    How to train INDOORS
    RT 05:57

Miculek.com- The Leaders in Gun Control!
    Published on Dec 14, 2018
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Had the family of illegal invaders stayed in mey-he-co, the robber would still be alive.

Too bad, so sad.

'Why did he shoot him five times?,' complains mother of dead armed robber

'Cause that was all the bullets he had (an oldie from our favorite sheriff, Grady Judd of Polk County, Florida)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

I wondered about that. Any number of popular revolvers are five shooters - J frame S&Ws. Ruger LCRs, Charter Arms, Rossi, Taurus … lots of them out there.

'Why did he shoot him five times?,' complains mother of dead armed robber.....

"because I didn't need a 6th shot to kill"...….replied the shooter.

When we taught the classes, the owner told the students to fire until the perp caught fire, changed shape, or the magazine was empty. I didn't necessarily agree with this, but it was funny.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

You shoot to STOP an evil doer, as many shots as it takes to prevent him from continuing on to kill someone, even after being wounded.

If the perp was still holding a gun, pointing it at anyone, keep firing till he is not.
    That’s is this grandma’s answer.
    “SAVED” or “UNSAVED”, Jesus knows you personally,
    everything you are going through right now,
    and He loves you Dearly, and wants to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    You shoot to STOP an evil doer, as many shots as it takes to prevent him from continuing on to kill someone, even after being wounded.

If the perp was still holding a gun, pointing it at anyone, keep firing till he is not.
    That’s is this grandma’s answer.
    That's a lot of words for "To make sure he was dead." But then, in this climate, such an answer might get you locked up. I bet that's what mama Ruiz was hoping for.

The mother of an armed robber, who was shot dead by dad protecting his children, is wondering why her son was shot five times instead of just once.
    Because once was not enough? Duh....
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

reminds me of the police tasing someone and screaming "stop resisting"

even tho the tase makes involuntary movement

if hes still moving.. hes resisting and considered a threat

If some thug points a gun at my kids, I'm emptying my weapon to make sure the poor little misunderstood thug is
    no longer a threat.

Then I'm reloading and shooting him 5 more times. Because I can.
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

If your a licensed concealed carry holder the correct and only answer is that you 'shot to stop the threat'. As long as the guy is still on his feet he is still a potential threat. One never says that they shoot to kill as that opens up a lot of potential liability on your part. As far as the mother goes would it have made her feel any better if her son was shot once and died as opposed to five times? To quote the infamous Hillary 'what difference does it make'?
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

The good guy.....

"I thought I did only shoot once?"

to me this is just an effort to make the perp the victim

the perp initiated the sequence of events and is responsible for the outcome

This shouldn't even make the news. The only reason it did is to stir up sympathy for the thug and against guns. The dad was well within his rights when her thug son pulled a gun on the mans kids. Instead of whining about how many times her thug son was shot, she should be apologizing to the traumatized workers and family that her son threatened to kill.
    Last edited by 4RIVERS; 01-12-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Hay even the cops once they start pulling the trigger will dump the whole mag.
    I see the lame empty gun excuse.

When the mother asked that question the reply should have been

"Instead of asking why he was shot five times, maybe you should ask why was he standing there holding a gun on other people including children with the intent to rob?"
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

can't legally coup de grace the SOBs that you land up shooting >>>> but I'd be soooooo freaking upset & tramatized that I'd be seeing all kinds of body twitching & movement - 5 more shots worth >>>> the worst thing you can do is leave one wounded and looking for revenge - dead & buried even cuts down on the family/gang revenge ....
    Illini Warrior

This will be wide spread when SHTF and people like this kid can't get their med's .................

Way over half the country is on some kind of med's to keep them from going nuts.....

So there won't be no he said, he said, but only I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    can't legally coup de grace the SOBs that you land up shooting >>>> but I'd be soooooo freaking upset & tramatized that I'd be seeing all kinds of body twitching & movement - 5 more shots worth >>>> the worst thing you can do is leave one wounded and looking for revenge - dead & buried even cuts down on the family/gang revenge ....
    Actually, every word of this is IMO completely wrong.

Mama Ruiz is hoping to hit the thug victim lottery.... thanks to our Marxist Communist justice system and mainstream media.

Only cops can get away with shooting someone on the ground...

Goin' for a hideout gun, dontcha know.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Actually, every word of this is IMO completely wrong.
    I don't think it's completely wrong (it is, in fact, not legal to "finish thrm off" if they no longer pose an imminent threat to you or anyone).

But it sure is NOT something I'd post on a public forum, because it WILL come back to bite you if- God forbid- you do end up shooting someone in self-defense...

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Just for grins, here is a recent video from an antique Cajun. See how long the first five shots take -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=BVDWVQcwxiU
    How to train INDOORS
    RT 05:57

Miculek.com- The Leaders in Gun Control!
    Published on Dec 14, 2018
    Can't resist this re bump stocks.

XD

Jerry is a real nice fellow and fine shooter.

rt 4:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grgfKJT4Z48

Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    I don't think it's completely wrong (it is, in fact, not legal to "finish thrm off" if they no longer pose an imminent threat to you or anyone).

But it sure is NOT something I'd post on a public forum, because it WILL come back to bite you if- God forbid- you do end up shooting someone in self-defense...

Summerthyme
    Dead man can't lie.
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Dead man can't lie.
    Absolutely true. Which is why you don't want to pre-post something that might contradict your story..

Summerthyme

Crap like this is why I’m going to buy a bodycam pretty soon. My cars are already equipped, as is my house. In today’s world, video will save your life, as the ghetto *******s lie with the fluid ease of a lifetime of practice. Back in the day, the courts wouldn’t believe them, but as the new master race, those courts will believe them over you.

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post

Summerthyme

it's unfortunate - but yOU & I realize today's real world environment - especially when it comes to what happens to a Zimmerman or Officer Smith - it's one thing to survive a shoot out and a whole different thing to have a life afterwards >>>> with a camera phone inserted up everyone's f___ing butthole - doing anything like finishing someone off pointblank & without good plausability gets you a little cell courtesy of the DA ....
    Illini Warrior

Illini is correct. Hence the need for a bodycam and carry insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardou View Post
    Dead man can't lie.

the public courts haven't got to the point of allowing dead bodies to be rolled in >>>> but every single "innocent" crooked SOB gun victim manages to need a wheelchair and can't ever sell dope or break a store window again ....
    Illini Warrior

Colorado, via People's Republic of New York
    unfortunately she's not really lamenting the loss of her son, but laying the groundwork for a civil suit.

Dennis, what's the name of the insurance program you did all your research on for those who carry?

ml
    " 'cause we'll put a boot up your ass, it's the American way".

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

I reasearched a half dozen of them. All the big-name players. Finally settled on CCWSafe ( www.ccwsafe.com ). I have the single person plan with $1M bond. Cost is $150 a year.

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    In instances like this the words, go big and go home come to mind.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Colorado, via People's Republic of New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I reasearched a half dozen of them. All the big-name players. Finally settled on CCWSafe ( www.ccwsafe.com ). I have the single person plan with $1M bond. Cost is $150 a year.
    thank you for sharing that!
    " 'cause we'll put a boot up your ass, it's the American way".

Preps = "Git 'r done"
    Preps = "Just do it"

“Ruiz said a second suspect — the alleged getaway driver told her that her son's gun "wasn’t even loaded," KSAT reported, adding that police wouldn't confirm the claim.”

Thought that would get him out of an armed robbery charge?
    “It wasn’t loaded, I wasn’t a threat, I couldn’t hurt anyone.”

Sorry, just means a second level of stupid.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Don’t use your last bullet on them.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Don't care if they painted the end of the gun orange or just got a finger in their pocket and point it at me like they got a gun. If I feel I can do so I will protect me and mine.

I advise everyone do some basic video watching or class taking on what you can do to defend yourself.

As someone mentioned, you are working to stop the threat. If I shoot someone I will not then go render first aid to em, not gonna stop looking around for more threats and also don't trust person not to try something.

Lot of videos for various state's ccw permits can be found on the net. Lotta basic legal advice. Research ccw insurance companies and read what they say as well. If you consider the insurance realize that some like the nra want you to front everything out of pocket, you win they reimburse you. Dennis can be kind enough to remind me of who helps you out up front, this is something I say I need to get every year and then I buy more ammo.

Making note to search when not heading to work in a little bit.
    working on unplugging.

CCWSafe pays up front. You don’t. That’s one of the reasons I went with them. A criminal defense for using a gun can get to a half million dollars very quickly. NO ONE has that kind of money...

If someone was pointing a gun at my family; 5 shots would be good enough for starters. Then a swift kick to the ribs to see if he's alive while reloading. If he twitches, dump the next set of bullets into him.

Mess with my family, no rules. No mercy.