Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

TECH 6 Year Old Michigan girl rescued after posting photos of dead father to Facebook (grossness warning)
+ Reply to Thread

6 Year Old Michigan girl rescued after posting photos of dead father to Facebook (grossness warning)

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ok/2482411002/

6 Year Old Michigan girl rescued after posting photos of dead father
    Frank Witsil, Detroit Free Press Published 12:56 p.m. ET Jan. 4, 2019 | Updated 5:31 p.m. ET Jan. 4, 2019

A 6-year-old girl was rescued Thursday evening by police from a home in Mount Morris Township after she posted photos online of her dead father and unconscious stepmother.

A pit bull, police said, had been gnawing on the 40-year-old man's face.

"Her actions, we believe, actually saved a life," said Mount Morris Township Police Chief Terence Green, who described the child as resourceful and bright. "This 6-year-old went through a traumatic event — and she saved a life."

Authorities were alerted to the macabre situation on the 1200 block of Oleander Drive by the child's grandparent, who lives in Tennessee and saw the photos on Facebook, Green said.
    By early Friday afternoon, the girl was with her biological mother, he added.

The stepmother, 36, was taken to a local hospital, where she is stable, but in intensive care and unable to tell police what happened.

Green said the couple appears to have suffered a drug overdose.

It was unclear what kind of drugs they were — or where they came from. Green did not release names because the next of kin had not been notified.

Mount Morris Township, which has a population of about 21,000, is in Genesee County.

Green said the child's grandparent reportedly saw the photos of the adults on Facebook, which the child posted with a mobile phone to get help. The grandparent called 911, which went to police in Ingham County and was passed to Mount Morris Township police.

When police went to the house, the officer heard the little girl screaming.

Green said she told the officer that "the dog was chewing on someone's face."

The officers broke into the house, found the girl's father, who was dead, and stepmother, who had been unconsciousness for at least 24 hours. The girl had not had anything to eat for a day — maybe longer.

The child told the officers she had woken up early Thursday and thought her parents were still sleeping. She tried to get them up, too. When they didn't respond, she splashed water on their face — but they still wouldn't waken.

Green said detectives are now contacting relatives, neighbors and anyone with information to try to establish a timeline — and chain of events leading up to what likely was an overdose.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Similar to news reports of how many times an illegal has been deported, I'd like to see the number of times the parents had received a dose of narcan.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Your 6yo can post photos to Facebook.

Can she dial 9-1-1?

This bears a number of hallmarks of a GTR story ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Where are the photos??

On Facebook ...

A police story where they didn't kill the dog.
    It isn't the job of our government to take care of you, but to create and maintain the environment in which you can take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_wave View Post
    A police story where they didn't kill the dog.
    I'm laughing on the inside but I know it's wrong.

TeeVee Nooz report video at https://wreg.com/2019/01/08/6-year-o...f-dead-father/ RT 01:50

A 6 year old posting to FB??? What??? I am guessing it is through a shortcut from a smartphones camera function. A 6 year old is either in kindergarten or 1st grade. Most at that age, unless they are watching mom/dad posting to FB ALL the time, aren't going to be able to do that intentionally.
    "It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
    - JK Rowling

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    TeeVee Nooz report video at https://wreg.com/2019/01/08/6-year-o...f-dead-father/ RT 01:50
    Video doesnt play for me.
    “SAVED” or “UNSAVED”, Jesus knows you personally,
    everything you are going through right now,
    and He loves you Dearly, and wants to help.

It's a link to a teevee news report with the video included, not a direct link to the video. Best I could do ...

.Suburb of Flint, MI -towards NW Flint.
    I hope they put the dog down.
    Someone (perhaps unknowingly) “adopting” a pit bull that has eaten a human face off should not be risked.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    .Suburb of Flint, MI -towards NW Flint.
    I hope they put the dog down.
    Someone (perhaps unknowingly) “adopting” a pit bull that has eaten a human face off should not be risked.
    FTR, I don't trust pits. Not the dog's fault his owners were addicts. Neither the dog or the child had eaten in 24 hours. Four living creatures in that house. one died. I wouldn't shed a tear if one more had died. The child and dog didn't deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Your 6yo can post photos to Facebook.

Can she dial 9-1-1?

This bears a number of hallmarks of a GTR story ...
    My 6 & 8 year old grandsons can contact me on my phone by using the facebook messenger app on their tablets or daughter's phone. That is ONE of our planned emergency contact options for them.

I bet that a German Shepard would not chew on it owner even if they were dead, and even if the dog was starving. It takes a special kind of dog to do something like that.
    But not likely to die free

Quote Originally Posted by BornFree View Post
    I bet that a German Shepard would not chew on it owner even if they were dead, and even if the dog was starving. It takes a special kind of dog to do something like that.
    Or MAYBE a special kind of owner to make a dog WANT to do that.

Southisde

Quote Originally Posted by Southside View Post
    Or MAYBE a special kind of owner to make a dog WANT to do that.

Southisde
    The dog did not chew on the woman that was still alive....

The dead man was meat....

Texican....

For the utter horror of a 6 year old child waking to find her father dead on the floor with the dog eating his face off and her mother unconscious, possibly dying, the kid was in SHOCK and even an adult could be forgiven if they forgot the wisest thing to do (dial 911). They often find adults so disabled by shock they are catatonic for long periods of time. I hate to see anyone criticizing a child's reactions to a situation like that. That kid will be lucky if she can overcome that memory to go on to live any type of normal life.

Of course a six-year-old can learn to post to facebook (either by being taught or being watchful) through 911 would have been better but the kid did her best.

Service dogs can be taught to "dial" emergency numbers though usually, they are on a special pad on the floor and already keyed in for 911 if their owner falls or passes out.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

1) Of course a GS or any other breed will eat owner soft tissue if they are hungry. I personally know of a dog who did so when her owner died (and they were long time attached and loving ).

2) All phones have a *share* button on the photo function and give you the choice of posting to FB. A 2-year-old could do it if she had seen it done a couple of times, much less a 6yo.

3) If her parental units were regular drug users, the kid prolly was afraid to call 911 and rat them out. A grandparent on FB would be preferable if she had been taught to fear and avoid police.

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    FTR, I don't trust pits. Not the dog's fault his owners were addicts. Neither the dog or the child had eaten in 24 hours. Four living creatures in that house. one died. I wouldn't shed a tear if one more had died. The child and dog didn't deserve it...
    I'm in total agreement. The child and the dog are innocent.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Hopefully this child can take this experience as a source of strength to break the cycle of despair that she was born into.
    I wish they would tighten up the Narcan....why is an epi-pen more tightly regulated than Narcan? Quit saving these junkies, they surrendered their souls, humanity and value the minute they chose to become junkies. Death is the consequence for that choice, quit empowering junkies to destroy those around them.