Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PLAY Musical Reaction Video - Discovering The Righteous Brothers (Black Man Finds Blue Eyed Soul)
+ Reply to Thread

Musical Reaction Video - Discovering The Righteous Brothers (Black Man Finds Blue Eyed Soul)

Some of you may have seen other videos this young black man has posted - GVDL just listed this one and I thought it was funny.
    http://americandigest.org/wp/sunday-...eous-brothers/
    =================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Fg4PdR_ZtEs
    Righteous Brother-Loving Feeling-Reaction !!!!
    RT 06:49
    =========================================

https://www.thenewneo.com/2019/01/05...eaction-video/

The Righteous Brothers: reaction video
    Posted on January 5, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Sometimes when I need some relaxing down time, I surf YouTube. A while back in my YouTube explorations, I came across what are known as “reaction videos.” They’re a strange genre in which people often rack up biggish view counts by listening to music (pop singers in particular) and reacting to them in real time, videoing themselves doing so.

It may sound odd—and it is indeed odd. But some of these videos can be hugely entertaining, and many of the practitioners have large followings.

One particular type of reaction video features someone relatively young (young to my way of thinking, anyway) listening to older pop recordings or watching older pop videos for the first time, and reacting to them. Often they seem very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the older music, or something about the singer.

Here’s a guy listening to the Righteous Brothers singing “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling,” an old favorite of mine. During the song’s heyday, I never thought about the race of the Brothers, but now I can see what this guy means in his startled reaction. And boy, were the Righteous Brothers ever great!

Enjoy:

A little background on the Righteous Brothers:

Their emotive vocal style is sometimes dubbed “blue-eyed soul”…
    …According to Medley [the bass-baritone of the duo], they then adopted the name “The Righteous Brothers” for the duo because black Marines from the El Toro Marine base started calling them “righteous brothers”. At the end of a performance, a black U.S. Marine in the audience would shout, “That was righteous, brothers!”, and would greet them with “Hey righteous brothers, how you doin’?” on meeting them.

Phil Spector was their producer, and they were his first non-black act:

Spector commissioned Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil to write a song for them, which turned out to be “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin'”. The song, released in late 1964, became their first major hit single and reached No. 1 in February 1965. Produced by Phil Spector, the record is often cited as one of the finest expressions of Spector’s Wall of Sound production techniques. It is one of the most successful pop singles of its time, despite exceeding the then-standard length for radio play. Indeed, according to BMI, “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin'” became the most-played song on American radio and television of the 20th century, with more than eight million airplays by the end of 1999.

Until I read that, I hadn’t known about the extreme popularity of the song. All I knew was that it was very popular with me.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Thanks! Love the Righteous Brothers too! Priceless reaction

I have a hard time believing so many of these "reaction" people are on the level. Must be a hell of a thick bubble/cultural desert they have been living in all their lives...

or...

anything to raise the view count.

Yes. And a member of that 5 person group, John Wimber, founded my church.
    Vineyard.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

I had a similar experience. Ever hear of the group the O'Kaysions? They sing the old song "I'm a girl watcher". Great shag dancing song.

I always thought they were black-until Youtube came along. Saw a video they did (the song is from 1967) and they're all as white as the driven snow. It really surprised me.

The Righteous Brothers are completely awesome, by the way.

Here's the Girl watcher video-it may look incredibly sexist and misogynistic to women today, and I apologize for posting. But women are God's artwork in it's most beautiful form, and hey, I love art!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yatGAAslCsM

Great shag dancing song.

Oh my.

And how many people not in easy driving distance of sand in your shoes beach music country (Carolina coast) know what shag dancing is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=FpuFkzRyY8o
    Grand Nationals 2017 Jr shag 1st place winners
    RT 03:15
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Not many, sad to say.

Shag dancing is so much fun-even Mr. I have two left feet can shag dance.

Been on the grand strand many times for work and play and shaggin' on the beach is one of life's simple pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Great shag dancing song.

Oh my.

And how many people not in easy driving distance of sand in your shoes beach music country (Carolina coast) know what shag dancing is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=FpuFkzRyY8o
    Grand Nationals 2017 Jr shag 1st place winners
    RT 03:15

The Righteous Brothers were originally an American musical duo of Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield. They began performing together in 1962 in the Los Angeles area as part of a five-member group called the Paramours, but adopted the name "The Righteous Brothers" when they embarked on their recording career as a duo. Their most active recording period was in the 1960s and 70s, and although the duo was inactive for some years, Hatfield and Medley reunited in 1981 and continued to perform until Hatfield's death in 2003. Their emotive vocal style is sometimes dubbed "blue-eyed soul".

From wikipedia