Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Male Strength Should Be Celebrated, Not Replaced With Girly Men
+ Reply to Thread

Male Strength Should Be Celebrated, Not Replaced With Girly Men

https://pjmedia.com/blog/male-streng...ith-girly-men/

By D. C. McAllister September 23, 2016

A recent article from Yahoo celebrating the decline of “muscular, classically chiseled male models” for men who are thinner with sunken chests and “beautiful faces” made me squirm.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like men who look like men. I like men who act like men, walk like men, feel like men. I like the brawn, the scruff, the musty scent, the power they exude when muscles ripple. That doesn’t mean they all have to look like a body builder, but they need to be a man who exudes strength.

I’ll never forget when I was in high school in the eighties, and I studied abroad in Germany. Not to knock the German men, but I noticed how scrawny and frail most of the guys were. Even as a 17-year-old girl, I found something inherently unattractive about it.

At the end of the summer, when I gathered with other American students before heading home, I was struck by the muscular stature of the young men, and something about them made me feel a sense of relief, as if I were truly coming home where I was safe. I could finally breathe.

I was reminded of this recently when I went to visit my daughter at UNC Chapel Hill. I couldn’t help but notice how the men had changed since I attended college there years ago. So many looked skinny and soft.

“Where are all the real men? Where are the muscles?” I asked my daughter. Surprisingly, she knew exactly what I was commenting on. “They’re all athletes or they’re basic bros in the gym.”

Don’t get me wrong. I know there have always been scrawny guys among us. Nothing against them. But there is something more to this younger generation that was absent even among the less-developed men of days past. They’re not just smaller (because small guys can still be masculine). They’re girly, more feminized. They exude fragility. They remind me of some of the German guys I met back in the eighties.

As I read the article about the rise of girly men in fashion, I realized what it was about these men that made me feel so uncomfortable. It’s because they’re weak -- and, yes, I know I’m going against the feminist code to say I’m comfortable with strong men. Women are supposed to find them threatening, a danger, a wild force to be tamed or caged. Right?

Wrong. As a woman who is already physically weak (comparatively), I appreciate a man’s strength for protection. No woman, no matter how strong she might be, compares to a man -- a manly man, not a feminized ghost of a man. It is in men that women find physical reassurance and comfort, not in one another.

The Ya Ya Sisterhood won’t keep you safe when your life is threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post
    https://pjmedia.com/blog/male-streng...ith-girly-men/

By D. C. McAllister September 23, 2016

Call me old-fashioned, but I like men who look like men. I like men who act like men, walk like men, feel like men. I like the brawn, the scruff, the musty scent, the power they exude when muscles ripple. That doesn’t mean they all have to look like a body builder, but they need to be a man who exudes strength.

I’ll never forget when I was in high school in the eighties, and I studied abroad in Germany. Not to knock the German men, but I noticed how scrawny and frail most of the guys were. Even as a 17-year-old girl, I found something inherently unattractive about it.

Don’t get me wrong. I know there have always been scrawny guys among us. Nothing against them. But there is something more to this younger generation that was absent even among the less-developed men of days past. They’re not just smaller (because small guys can still be masculine). They’re girly, more feminized. They exude fragility. They remind me of some of the German guys I met back in the eighties.
    Proofreading is your friend, D.C. When you've got a contradiction built right into your article (they're inherently unattractive BUT NOTHING AGAINST THEM), you lose a dollop of credibility with it.

That being said, there's a reason you don't see "manly men" any more. It's been legislated away. Act masculine, you lose your job, you get sued, you might go to prison depending on the masculinity in question. And guaranteed masculinity won't help in prison.

Most real men are gray now waiting to come out and play when the time is wright........

Then men you are seeing on face book are the pussy fags out their, just so you know..............................
    JUST A FEW OF MY SIMPLE THOUGHTS
    LAY LOW WAIT LIKE A WOLF IN THE WILD UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT
    Never Pick A Fight With An Old Man He Will Just Shoot You He Can't Afford To Get Hurt

I can't help but notice that, even since the early 2000s, when all of this really started to gain traction, one of the things that has really bothered me looking at these guys is that they look like homosexuals. There used to be a certain look to the physique, certain clothes, certain hairstyles that would identify the homosexual males. Now, it's fashionable for straight men--supposedly--to look, dress, and even SOUND like homosexuals.

They speak with a feminine air, and even exhibit the same body language that you typically see in homosexuals. This disgusts me. Homosexual males are attempting to act like females. Why on earth would any sane woman want a man that looks and acts like a female--unless she's a closet lesbian?

I read an article yesterday that the APA has changed the definition of masculinity, and is now comdemning traits such as: "adventurousness," "competitiveness, " and "the eschewal of the appearance of weakness." What tripe is this?! What man, or anyone for that matter, WANTS to appear weak? What these feminists want is another woman who can get all touchy feely with her and doesn't expect her to submit to any Biblical authority.

Real men. Yep... epic rant (of mine) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H-UK2_JiY
    20 minutes, 25 seconds of goodness. 42,000 views and counting.
    "Be Prepared" - Boy Scouts Motto
    "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." - Jesus Christ, Mk 13:37
    "Don't worry, be happy" - Bobby Mcferrin
    "Take a chill pill" - Mongo

It's finally confirmed: MONGO IS PASTOR JOE!!!!
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Us real men are married, greying and true to the women we married.

And yet women from 20 to 80 still hit on you on a regular basis.

Dogman, if your'e single, come up to the DC area. The women up here are suffering from lack of men. All they have up here are fags and millenials (and us guys that are married).

When I moved up here in the early 90's, I read a report that said there were 13 single woman for every single guy here. Trust me-I enjoyed far more than my "fair share". DC is a single man's heaven.

Thanks, Mongo.
    I'll head over.

I notice it mostly in the clothing. Everything is going unisex, and it's not in the direction of gals in overalls and flannel shirts. Hate seeing men in those tight small Spandexy jeans, and even the business suit pants seem too tight.

Looked at knitting patterns for men's sweaters lately? I realize the hobby is DOMINATED by blue haired ear gage wearing cat women, but the newest patterns show men in girly sweaters, and they are too small (can he even move his arms in it? -maybe he doesn't have to.), they have silly design elements, the knitting is thin - they don't even look warm! One very well known designer had a model in exactly such a sweater, and I think the guy is her husband! There was this little celtic girly motif at the neck, and the sweater was labeled a "gansey." ...ouch. Another design house (very popular right now) has a sweater sized from baby to adult, and I actually bought the pattern (for BF's grand daughter). This one is a "grand pa" cardigan with cables, so how could they mess up that one? It was cute on the kid, but Mr. Metro was wearing it about four sizes too small. I'd actually like to knit one for myself, and I'm female, but what size would I choose, when the guy wearing it looks like he pulled on the skinny tween size? It's sad. You have to order used books that were published 20+ years ago to find a decent men's sweater pattern.

I like my men in work boots and properly fitting denim, with a basic t-shirt, a canvas zip front jacket, and a well worn ball cap (and weather permitting, a manly sweater).
    Last edited by Faroe; 01-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.

"We're manly men, who have a yen for strength and length; we
    don't like guys with fancy curls or silly sissies dressed like girls!"

Many American women are lesbians, arrogant, fem nazis, or try to be as ugly as possible.

Alfaman, how many of that 13 to 1 ratio of women are LESBIANS? Up here in the people's Republic of Portland, the VAST MAJORITY of the women I see on a daily basis are LESBIANS, or FemNazis, or just plain, purple haired loonies. And yeah, Alfaman if you see a woman with purple hair RUN, RUN, RUN!

It is simply a fact, that going back to the 1940's and the whole Dagwood comic series, the cultural values have been openly attacking male attitudes and behavior for over 75 years by now. It is also a chemical factor in terms of the various chemicals that have been feminizing men. I think it is true that as women use the "birth control pill," the estrogen has been flushed down the toilet, into the water system, and then into men's bodies. A study in Britain confirmed that male sperm counts are now lower than they were decades ago due to men drinking fresh water that has been contaminated by estrogen.

Seriously, there is a real link between the chemicals all around us exposing men to what can be thought of as chemical castration. when you add in the constant media portrayal of men as basically incompetent yahoos, you end up with a generation or two of girly boys. If you don't believe me, go watch some DVD's of John Ritter and Three's Company from the 1970's. Alan Alda of MASH was also touted as a role model for the "new model," SUPPORTIVE MALE. Again, this is a well planned, multigenerational psychological effort to redefine cultural values of what is accepted male behavior.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Alfaman, how many of that 13 to 1 ratio of women are LESBIANS? Up here in the people's Republic of Portland, the VAST MAJORITY of the women I see on a daily basis are LESBIANS, or FemNazis, or just plain, purple haired loonies. And yeah, Alfaman if you see a woman with purple hair RUN, RUN, RUN!

Ahem.
    I've thrown my back out trying to kiss my ass goodbye.

Just watched my DH walk thru the door wearing Carharts. Looking at his rough, strong hands - mmmm, mmmm! Just can't understand the attraction (of anyone) to the little scrawny feminine males these days.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Ahem.
    agreed! That was just wrong of Alfaman.

Not a one of them in my experience.

It is simply a fact, that going back to the 1940's and the whole Dagwood comic series, the cultural values have been openly attacking male attitudes and behavior for over 75 years by now. It is also a chemical factor in terms of the various chemicals that have been feminizing men. I think it is true that as women use the "birth control pill," the estrogen has been flushed down the toilet, into the water system, and then into men's bodies. A study in Britain confirmed that male sperm counts are now lower than they were decades ago due to men drinking fresh water that has been contaminated by estrogen.

Seriously, there is a real link between the chemicals all around us exposing men to what can be thought of as chemical castration. when you add in the constant media portrayal of men as basically incompetent yahoos, you end up with a generation or two of girly boys. If you don't believe me, go watch some DVD's of John Ritter and Three's Company from the 1970's. Alan Alda of MASH was also touted as a role model for the "new model," SUPPORTIVE MALE. Again, this is a well planned, multigenerational psychological effort to redefine cultural values of what is accepted male behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Real men. Yep... epic rant (of mine) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H-UK2_JiY
    20 minutes, 25 seconds of goodness. 42,000 views and counting.
    THANK YOU for this site! I love it!
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

fags

Lauren Chen, of Roving Millennial adds some conservative commentary on her vidoe, Is Your Boyfriend Effeminate? Run time is 7 -something min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1HlBhoVUY

Below, Blonde gives her version from a scientific standpoint, mostly hormones and environmental conditions. Run time 15 -something min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OS2KOwZ6xw
    Last edited by Faroe; 01-11-2019 at 08:01 PM.

'Traditional masculinity' is harmful, American Psychological Association says

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...ociation-says/

Traditional masculinity’ is harmful, American Psychological Association says

Cheryl Hinneburg
    A man wearing a tie. (MaxPixel/Released)

The American Psychological Association (APA) said it could be damaging to teach boys about “traditional masculinity.”

In their recently release titled, “APA Guidelines for the Psychological Practice with Boys and Men,” the APA said the “traditional masculinity philosophy not only is ‘harmful’ but also could lead to homophobia and sexual harassment,” Fox News reported this week.

The APA cites traditional masculinity as including includes elements of “anti-femininity, achievement, eschewal of the appearance of weakness, and adventure, risk and violence,” according to the U.S. News & World Report.

“The main thrust of the subsequent research is that traditional masculinity – marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression – is, on the whole, harmful,” the APA release stated, Fox reported.

The APA report held that “traditional masculinity is psychologically harmful and that socializing boys to suppress their emotions causes damage that echoes both inwardly and outwardly,” The Daily Caller reported.

“Traditional masculinity ideology has been shown to limit males’ psychological development, constrain their behavior, result in gender role strain and gender role conflict, and negatively influence mental health and physical health,” the 36-page report says, Fox reported.

Further, the report proposes that “masculine boys may put their energy toward disruptive behaviors such as homophobia, bullying and even sexual harassment rather than strive for academic excellence,” Fox said.

The report suggests that psychologists relinquish any predisposition when treating boys and offers tips on how to do that while also advising them to teach them how “power, privilege and sexism work both by conferring benefits to men and by trapping them in narrow roles,” Fox said.

Never before has the APA delivered guiding principles to aid psychologists to “specifically address issues with men and boys,” U.S. News & World Report pointed out.

Ronald F. Levant, EdD, a professor emeritus of psychology told Fox, “Though men benefit from patriarchy, they are also impinged upon by patriarchy.”

The APA published statistics to support their research, “including that men are four times more likely than women to die of suicide worldwide, are ‘far more likely’ than women to be arrested and charged with intimate partner violence in the U.S. and commit about 90 percent of all homicides nationwide,” U.S. News & World Report said.

Stephanie Pappas write in an APAP article that, “[M]en still dominate professionally and politically: As of 2018, 95.2 percent of chief operating officers at Fortune 500 companies were men. According to a 2017 analysis by Fortune, in 16 of the top companies, 80 percent of all high-ranking executives were male. Meanwhile, the 115th Congress, which began in 2017, was 81 percent male,” the Daily Caller reported.

You have missed the muliple members here who have relayed that info over the lastfew years.

You might like some of his other videos he has out as well Think Viking
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

Quote Originally Posted by JMG91 View Post
    I can't help but notice that, even since the early 2000s, when all of this really started to gain traction, one of the things that has really bothered me looking at these guys is that they look like homosexuals. There used to be a certain look to the physique, certain clothes, certain hairstyles that would identify the homosexual males. Now, it's fashionable for straight men--supposedly--to look, dress, and even SOUND like homosexuals.

They speak with a feminine air, and even exhibit the same body language that you typically see in homosexuals. This disgusts me. Homosexual males are attempting to act like females. Why on earth would any sane woman want a man that looks and acts like a female--unless she's a closet lesbian?

I read an article yesterday that the APA has changed the definition of masculinity, and is now comdemning traits such as: "adventurousness," "competitiveness, " and "the eschewal of the appearance of weakness." What tripe is this?! What man, or anyone for that matter, WANTS to appear weak? What these feminists want is another woman who can get all touchy feely with her and doesn't expect her to submit to any Biblical authority.
    That is the mother you have noticed. A 'mother' like most, so self-absorbed that she likely kicked the sperm donor out as soon as the kid could walk. Never a thought about teaching the kid anything, except maybe household chores. She did not care about the kid, other than as a meal ticket.

So, the kid grows up with no leadership, no role model and no hope.
    They were never even taught any manners.

Such a 'mother' doesn't care any more about her daughter, than her son.

The girls his age have contempt for him, even to the point of going after men up to 40 years their senior, or even older. Sometimes, they go after older men in rather aggressive ways, as there are truly very few young, manly men available.

And those that are, likely already have a girlfriend and she is likely toxic.
    MGTOW
    Resist Or Submit.
    It is too late, for words...

______Resistor
    ____/VVVVVV\__

I've been viewing "Viking Preparedness," for quite some time now, although I watch it less now that he went to Patreon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2 View Post
    That is the mother you have noticed. A 'mother' like most, so self-absorbed that she likely kicked the sperm donor out as soon as the kid could walk. Never a thought about teaching the kid anything, except maybe household chores. She did not care about the kid, other than as a meal ticket.

So, the kid grows up with no leadership, no role model and no hope.
    They were never even taught any manners.

Such a 'mother' doesn't care any more about her daughter, than her son.

The girls his age have contempt for him, even to the point of going after men up to 40 years their senior, or even older. Sometimes, they go after older men in rather aggressive ways, as there are truly very few young, manly men available.

And those that are, likely already have a girlfriend and she is likely toxic.
    Or daddykins was passive to the mominator's will. I've seen some of those, and it creates passive sons. My own DH is just now learning--on his own--how to stand up for himself and be a man. It's not his fault. He just didn't have a strong male role model.

Or daddykins was passive to the mominator's will. I've seen some of those, and it creates passive sons. My own DH is just now learning--on his own--how to stand up for himself and be a man. It's not his fault. He just didn't have a strong male role model.
    That describes about half of the children growing up today.

Speaking of small men, my bunkie in Army training was I think the shortest man in the company. He was quiet, but a very likeable person. One night we were sitting around talking about physical training, and he volunteered that he thought he might be able to do a large number of pushups. I don't recall money being bet, but he did 500 pushups in about ten minutes. Then he did another fifty with one arm. If I hadn't seen it, I probably wouldn't have believed it.

You can't always tell what's underneath by appearance.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Remember me talking about the conversations I was having with the 20 something female staff when I was in the hospital a couple of months ago? Even with half of my body paralyzed I was out "macho-ing" the "guys" these women were talking to me about!