Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

RACE American University Tells Faculty to Disregard ‘Quality’ of Writing When Grading
+ Reply to Thread

15 American University Tells Faculty to Disregard ‘Quality’ of Writing When Grading

https://www.breitbart.com/education/...-when-grading/

American University Tells Faculty to Disregard ‘Quality’ of Writing When Grading
    11 Jan 2019 2:06

A seminar at American University in February will instruct faculty members to disregard a student’s “quality” of writing when grading their papers.
    According to a report from The College Fix, an upcoming seminar at American University will ask professors to disregard a student’s “quality” of writing when grading their assignments. The seminar, which will be conducted by University of Washington-Tacoma Professor Asao Inoue, will include a variety of lectures that will encourage professors to disregard the quality of writing from students.

One event will encourage professors to recognize “white language supremacy” is perpetuated by standard grading practices.

This plenary will argue against the use of conventional standards in college courses that grade student writing by single standards. Inoue will discuss the ways that White language supremacy is perpetuated in college classrooms despite the better intentions of faculty, particularly through the practices of grading writing.

The seminar, which is entitled “Grading Ain’t Just Grading: Rethinking Writing Assessment Ecologies Towards Antiracist Ends,” will include several events that focus on “antiracist” writing styles.

This workshop will engage participants in rethinking what standards for writing in their courses could be and how those standards can be assessed and graded most meaningfully for students. It will offer a brief account of two anti-racist writing assessment practices, and consider one more carefully, dimension-based rubrics for writing assignments. When used in particular ways, this rubric can be a way to acknowledge the diverse range of readers in any classroom. It also can resist the negative effects of grading by a single standard that most conventional rubrics and scoring guides embody.

The event seemingly suggests that any and all language standards are oppressive to students who did not receive the high-quality childhood education of their peers.

Stay tuned to Breitbart News for more updates on this event.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

An Ebonics Crimmus Pome....

The event seemingly suggests that any and all language standards are oppressive to students

Fine. Get out the jungle drums....

Well, looks like my job as a writer will be safe for some time to come. The up-and-comers can barely string a sentence together, let alone engage in any kind of idiomatic twists.

Someday a missed period will be a big deal in your life.

Yeah - another welfare check on the way.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

"Idiomatic twists, idiotic trysts, idiosyncratic cysts malignant, born of thorn and thistle,
    piercing parts of lonely hearts, alas, where love is extant. Don't quote me on a quibble."

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblepuff View Post

"Idiomatic twists, idiotic trysts, idiosyncratic cysts malignant, born of thorn and thistle,
    piercing parts of lonely hearts, alas, where love is extant. Don't quote me on a quibble."
    Ah yes, the Barge of Avon.

What dost thine flinder knowest of thine face?

The weg-barrow canst not its row`l misplace!
    See? A laff riot, to this very day!

...what do you mean it doesn't make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Yeah - another welfare check on the way.
    More like that much more reason to develop AI that can write decent English....

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    The event seemingly suggests that any and all language standards are oppressive to students

Fine. Get out the jungle drums....
    One event will encourage professors to recognize “white language supremacy” is perpetuated by standard grading practices.

we are doomed.

An illiterate society is VERY easy to control.

After all, they can no longer read the "Laws for Animals" on the side of "Animal Barn" on "Animal Farm"...
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Grammar, punctuation, writing quality, punctuality---all things being associated as racistwhite will be marginalized or eliminated.
    Vortec meditation 5.3

An illiterate society is VERY easy to control.

Wuh chu talkin bou’ beatch? All dem niggas gon’ be doktahs & sh*t. Dey jus be stealin yo sh*t to buy dem Air Jordans cuz dey can’t get no jobz.

Sheeeeiiiit.....

Attached Images
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

This is part of the all out attack on us and our country. The idea that english linguistics does not matter will lead to having unintelligible gibberish spoken and few if any can say what was said or written.
    I bet some of the same people thats pushing all the pronoun crap on us are behind this.

NEXT, they will demand we BURN THE DICTIONARIES! and STOP TEACHING “racist” English courses in Elementary and High Schools!

WHEN are these liberal NUTS going to wake up and push these insane fringe people and groups off the podium before they completely destroy everything!

They deserve NO voice in any debate, they are CRAZY.
    Apart from the God of the Bible, who made everything and everyone, there is utterly NOTHING that can be made “SUSTAINABLE” by the efforts of godless men. It is God who sustains.

Dey bez wite debbils.

I've been telling folks for sometime that our institutions of learning have been infiltrated by the dark side....this is just one more example.

A dumbed down America will be an easier to control America.
    Last edited by JF&P; 01-11-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

gums

A large majority of the population is functionally illiterate, now.
    Some of them are here,, and some of those even have advanced degrees.
    MGTOW
    Resist Or Submit.
    It is too late, for words...

______Resistor
    ____/VVVVVV\__

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    This is part of the all out attack on us and our country. The idea that english linguistics does not matter will lead to having unintelligible gibberish spoken and few if any can say what was said or written.
    I bet some of the same people thats pushing all the pronoun crap on us are behind this.
    "IDIOCRACY"

Like the man said, "When I was making this movie, I ddin't know I was making a documentary."
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

As I have stated many times, in many threads on this board,
    I study about Africa, the African tribes, African history,
    and the Africans in the FUSA, many hours a week.

I agree with what the university did. They are only addressing
    what the demographic future will be, in the FUSA,
    and it aint White Europeans, and their primary language,
    American English.

How many of you here, have spent very much time recently,
    with some Africans? I have, and they do not speak what
    you and I would consider, normal American English.

They have their language, and it aint English,
    and they are not going to change, they know that the
    demographic future belongs to them, not to White Europeans.

Remember, by 2050, the White race will only be 15%
    of the total population of planet Earth, 15%.

White race in the FUSA by 2100, if the FUSA still exists then,
    will be basically extinct.

The time of the White race on planet Earth,
    is fast approaching its end, along with one of its
    primary languages, the English language.

As a very pessimistic, conspiracy theorist/doomer/prepper,
    I always look for the absolute worse in everything.

If something bad can happen it will,
    and something bad will happen, before something good.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

AVOID THE GROID/GHOUL
    In honour of the brave Whites in South Africa,
    as they fight against their genocide.

I pray for the White race in South Africa,
    with every prayer, and so should you,
    if you pray.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    "Read everything, listen to everyone, believe absolutely nothing,
    unless you can prove it with your own research." Milton William Cooper

"Life is a glass, half empty, of spoiled milk, sitting in a bed of thorns." Nowski

Quote Originally Posted by Nowski View Post
    As I have stated many times, in many threads on this board,
    I study about Africa, the African tribes, African history,
    and the Africans in the FUSA, many hours a week.

I agree with what the university did. They are only addressing
    what the demographic future will be, in the FUSA,
    and it aint White Europeans, and their primary language,
    American English.

How many of you here, have spent very much time recently,
    with some Africans? I have, and they do not speak what
    you and I would consider, normal American English.

They have their language, and it aint English,
    and they are not going to change, they know that the
    demographic future belongs to them, not to White Europeans.

Remember, by 2050, the White race will only be 15%
    of the total population of planet Earth, 15%.

White race in the FUSA by 2100, if the FUSA still exists then,
    will be basically extinct.

The time of the White race on planet Earth,
    is fast approaching its end, along with one of its
    primary languages, the English language.

As a very pessimistic, conspiracy theorist/doomer/prepper,
    I always look for the absolute worse in everything.

If something bad can happen it will,
    and something bad will happen, before something good.

Please be safe everyone, and please arm up.

AVOID THE GROID/GHOUL
    In honour of the brave Whites in South Africa,
    as they fight against their genocide.

I pray for the White race in South Africa,
    with every prayer, and so should you,
    if you pray.

Regards to all deplorables.

Nowski
    Agreed.

(See #18.)

So when are lawyers going to start writing in ebonics? Think those documents will stand? How about laws? How about doctors' and nursing notes? Will Fortune 500 yearly reports and investment prospectuses (prospecti- Yes I took Latin) be binding in black English?
    It is racist and demeaning to imply that some students of whatever race can't master standard English, and closes doors to opportunity for highly paid, responsible jobs. Guess American University is just going to turn into a trade school.
    It's later than you think!
    (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

time for another big ass ark, get all the white people on it and go traveling, come back in a thousand years and see how far they have advanced....in either direction.

I'm still an adjunct faculty member at two of the most well-regarded online business programs in the nation I know that it helps educational quality go down as well. If you want to slap an "A" on the paper, tell them they did wonderful, then you get the highest marks. I know three graduate instructors who give out grades of 3.93, 3.97, and 3.99. My grades are among the lowest in the department at "only" 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.

If you grade, you must take extra time to instruct the student in the greatest detail what he/she did wrong, even if it has been written time and time again on past papers, or if what you are correcting are mistakes sixth graders shouldn't make. One of my "favorite" is seeing graduate students with run-on sentences and forgetting basic capitalization. These problems are race neutral. The reason is top administration pushed the deans to push faculty to be "student centered." It sounds so nice, doesn't it? But in reality it is because being the President of a university of 20,000 is more impressive, and pays more, than a President of a university with only 10,000. And so we are graduating a inferior product and cutting them loose, with graduate degrees, on the businesses to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I'm still an adjunct faculty member at two of the most well-regarded online business programs in the nation I know that it helps educational quality go down as well. If you want to slap an "A" on the paper, tell them they did wonderful, then you get the highest marks. I know three graduate instructors who give out grades of 3.93, 3.97, and 3.99. My grades are among the lowest in the department at "only" 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.

If you grade, you must take extra time to instruct the student in the greatest detail what he/she did wrong, even if it has been written time and time again on past papers, or if what you are correcting are mistakes sixth graders shouldn't make. One of my "favorite" is seeing graduate students with run-on sentences and forgetting basic capitalization. These problems are race neutral. The reason is top administration pushed the deans to push faculty to be "student centered." It sounds so nice, doesn't it? But in reality it is because being the President of a university of 20,000 is more impressive, and pays more, than a President of a university with only 10,000. And so we are graduating a inferior product and cutting them loose, with graduate degrees, on the businesses to hire.

My father in law was a MIT grad with a electrical engineering degree and had to work with some new engineer grads and was shocked to find they could not even do the basic work they were hired for.
    His fellow co-workers that were also engineers was telling the CEO's they had to let all but one of these people go.
    It seems they started down this path more then 15 years ago and handing out engineering degrees to unqualified people.

The intent is to graduate minority students who are illiterate. This will cause havoc and undermine western civilization--which they hate.