Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Earth's magnetic North Pole is shifting rapidly
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Add to this the coming SOLAR MINIMUM and what do you GET!!!!?
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

“You need to watch some YT videos explaining magnetism and its line of inertia. I'll guarantee you that you know nothing about magnets or gravity before watching this guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=335cF3P-8n8Tyhe
    Guy is a bit arrogant but I suspect you can handle it.”

Do you believe magnetism and gravity have any interaction, other than their pull, with different forces, on ferrous, etc. objects?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    “You need to watch some YT videos explaining magnetism and its line of inertia. I'll guarantee you that you know nothing about magnets or gravity before watching this guy.

Do you believe magnetism and gravity have any interaction, other than their pull, with different forces, on ferrous, etc. objects?
    Lol...gravity and magnetism are both one in the same.
    Dont think so?
    Put a compass center mass (inertia plane) of a magnet and see if you get the same effect as being at earths equator?

Not my problem you are refusing to see the sun and all planets with a magnetic active core are the same as magnets.
    The video's will prove it if you just watch them but I know you wont.
    Ego is a bitch to overcome.

I think A REAL PHYSICIST would tell us all that you can't have gravity and magnetism in the same sentence. (and the reason)
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th trump View Post
    Lol...gravity and magnetism are both one in the same. NOT TRUE!!!!!
    Dont think so?
    Put a compass center mass (inertia plane) of a magnet and see if you get the same effect as being at earths equator?

Absolutely NOT

You need to take some astronomy classes at your local community college.....SERIOUSLY!!!

Astronomy was my minor at University and I have been an amature astronomer since the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    I think A REAL PHYSICIST would tell us all that you can't have gravity and magnetism in the same sentence. (and the reason)
    I wonder if magnetism acts the same as gravity in a vacuum?

7th trump thanks for showing us that your not an expert.....LOL

READ THIS

Magnetism vs Gravity

Magnetism and gravity are not similar concepts. These two concepts or terms are totally different from one another. Although both are considered forces, they are two different forces with different properties and characteristics.

First of all, gravity, as a distinct force, acts between on two objects no matter what their compositions are. As long as the objects have mass, gravitational forces will act between them. Any two objects, as long as they have mass, will be pulled towards each other if there is gravity or gravitational force.

In contrast, magnetism primarily depends on the specific properties of the object. The force of magnetism has two directions. It can pull objects together or it can also pull them away from each other. The behavior of magnetism is also influenced by the alignment of electrons inside the objects. This is not the case with gravity and gravitational force.

With gravity, all objects with mass are sensitive to its force. With magnetism, only few objects are sensitive to its force. In fact, the majority of objects on earth are insensitive to magnetism. While all objects on earth are affected by gravity. To visualize this phenomenon, if an object is not sensitive to gravitational force, then it will be ejected from earth all the way to outer space.

Gravity is unique to heavenly bodies. Stars, planets, and satellites have different levels of gravitational forces. Meanwhile, magnetism is naturally occurring to some ferrous objects or materials. And only few magnetic materials are ferrous objects.

There is a big difference between magnetism and gravity. You should not mistake these concepts as one and the same. Gravity affects all objects no matter what their compositions and properties are. Even plastics and wood can be affected by the force of gravity. On the other hand, magnetism only affects specific objects. Some objects are insensitive to magnetism while others are highly sensitive to the force of magnetism.

http://www.differencebetween.net/sci...m-and-gravity/

Absolutely NOT

You need to take some astronomy classes at your local community college.....SERIOUSLY!!!

Astronomy was my minor at University and I have been an amature astronomer since the 60s.
    How do you think asteroids formed magnetic core planets?
    I'm curious why saturn has an asteroid belt at its center mass and doent form a planet or a moon?
    Do you think the planets all formed from asteroids caught in the suns magnetic field?
    I dont care what public colleges have theorized. None of them know what gravity or magnetism is. So how can they theorize and call it gospel how the planets formed when they dont know what gravity is or magnetism?

Heres another brain teaser....theres no oxygen in space so how does the sun produce light if the narrative is the sun is a huge nuclear fire ball?

How do you think asteroids formed magnetic core planets?
    I'm curious why saturn has an asteroid belt at its center mass and doent form a planet or a moon?
    Do you think the planets all formed from asteroids caught in the suns magnetic field?
    I dont care what public colleges have theorized. None of them know what gravity or magnetism is. So how can they theorize and call it gospel how the planets formed when they dont know what gravity is or magnetism?

Heres another brain teaser....theres no oxygen in space so how does the sun produce light if the narrative is the sun is a huge nuclear fire ball?
    Thanks for invalidating your presence on this thread.....you MUST BE A DEMOCRAT!!!

7th trump thanks for showing us that your not an expert.....LOL

READ THIS

Magnetism vs Gravity

Magnetism and gravity are not similar concepts. These two concepts or terms are totally different from one another. Although both are considered forces, they are two different forces with different properties and characteristics.

First of all, gravity, as a distinct force, acts between on two objects no matter what their compositions are. As long as the objects have mass, gravitational forces will act between them. Any two objects, as long as they have mass, will be pulled towards each other if there is gravity or gravitational force.

In contrast, magnetism primarily depends on the specific properties of the object. The force of magnetism has two directions. It can pull objects together or it can also pull them away from each other. The behavior of magnetism is also influenced by the alignment of electrons inside the objects. This is not the case with gravity and gravitational force.

With gravity, all objects with mass are sensitive to its force. With magnetism, only few objects are sensitive to its force. In fact, the majority of objects on earth are insensitive to magnetism. While all objects on earth are affected by gravity. To visualize this phenomenon, if an object is not sensitive to gravitational force, then it will be ejected from earth all the way to outer space.

Gravity is unique to heavenly bodies. Stars, planets, and satellites have different levels of gravitational forces. Meanwhile, magnetism is naturally occurring to some ferrous objects or materials. And only few magnetic materials are ferrous objects.

There is a big difference between magnetism and gravity. You should not mistake these concepts as one and the same. Gravity affects all objects no matter what their compositions and properties are. Even plastics and wood can be affected by the force of gravity. On the other hand, magnetism only affects specific objects. Some objects are insensitive to magnetism while others are highly sensitive to the force of magnetism.

http://www.differencebetween.net/sci...m-and-gravity/
    None of what you say has ever been proven. See my posts about scientist not knowing what gravity is or magnetism. Like the video says....you cant define magnetism or gravity by describing it.
    Describing gravity is not defining gravity....see your problem? Scientist get pissed when you tell them that.
    All you're doing is describing what gravity is by its attributes...not what it ACTUALLY IS.

Nope....a republican.

Sorry but even water has magnetic property. Everything has a magnetic property.
    Keep watching the videos. Theres a few video's showing that water has magnetic properties.

Here’s the answer to why the planets are in a single plane:

https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/...g.php?id=16884

Lol...gravity and magnetism are both one in the same.
    Dont think so?

Not my problem you are refusing to see the sun and all planets with a magnetic active core are the same as magnets.
    The video's will prove it if you just watch them but I know you wont.
    Ego is a bitch to overcome.
    Yes, they both attract objects, certain objects. You can certainly override gravity with a magnet picking up a chunk of iron. That magnet will not budge a chunk of glass. You can repel one magnet with another, by moving like poles together. Show me how to repel two non-magnetized objects.
    Gravity has no polarity, no repulsive force, no selective attraction.
    Magnetism has polarity, repulsive force, selective attraction.
    A conductor moving near a magnet will create an electrical current.
    A conductor moving near a gravity field creates no current.
    Yup, you’re right. They are completely identical, symmetrical in their effects, and interchangeable.
    How could I have been so stupid to think otherwise?

All you're doing is describing what gravity can do...not what it is.

Since you’re not an astrophysicist, you probably wouldn’t understand the answer. (I know I wouldn’t)

hey 7th

I'm putting you on IGNORE....as you're a blowhard and an ass.

Here’s an explanation of gravity that even I can understand:

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/what-is-gravity/en/

Here’s a Wiki on magnetic force:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_field

Finally, how gravity and magnetic force are different:

https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=225

You know, instead of coming on TB and arguing based on ignorance, 15 minutes on Google would have shown you that you were in fact wrong.

Lastly, why do the planets all orbit in the same plane?

https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/...g.php?id=16884

Back OT;

A primer for the magnetically-challenged individual.

No, We're Not All DOOMED by Earth's Magnetic Field Flip

First thing’s first: Are we all going to die?

Yes.

Wait, what!

We are all going to die, eventually. But chances are that we will not immediately—or even proximally—perish when Earth’s next geomagnetic reversal occurs.
    Goodbye Year of the Dog. Take the next year off, don't wallow with the BIG PIG.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

hey 7th

I'm putting you on IGNORE....as you're a blowhard and an ass.
    Blowhards and asses on a net forum?
    Entertainment.

It would be like ignoring a train wreck, or a big fight on Jerry Springer.
    7th, carry on. This Bud's for You and all the magnetically challenged.

(please follow my gofundme link to help the magnetically challenged)
    Goodbye Year of the Dog. Take the next year off, don't wallow with the BIG PIG.

Rage, RAGE against the Dying of the Light...
    and the Sound...and the Drums...and The Guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

You know, instead of coming on TB and arguing based on ignorance, 15 minutes on Google would have shown you that you were in fact wrong.
    What if he wants to be wrong?

Of course you can! "I dropped my magnet and it (and its associated magnetism) fell to the floor because of gravity." Simple, ennit? LOL

Best regards
    Doc

Well even you cant define what gravity is.
    All the links are worthless Dennis.
    None of them define gravity.
    All they do is describe what gravity does.
    Sorry Dennis but your attempt doesnt define gravity.
    Both earth and magnetism have poles. In the middle of each the plane of inertia exists because the compass needle at exact center will not point to north nor will it point to south.
    That is magnetism and you cant dispute that.
    You can play your silly game all you want but your silliness is in your face, not mine.

Face it Profit........you failed to define magnetism or gravity.
    You dont know what it is but you'll take the government's narrative tho.

And 7th Trump is off the thread.

Face it Profit........you failed to define magnetism or gravity.
    You dont know what it is but you'll take the government's narrative tho.
    I wasn’t attempting to define it, I was merely addressing your statement that they are the same, when any other idiot can see they are not the same.
    186 posts and already ignored by a prominent member, and kicked off the thread.
    I believe that is a new record.

You can unignore him. He’s banned.

I was just thinking “WinoDog has a protege”

Winodog is civil.

Thank You Very Much Dennis....

From what I understand, altitude is provided by the aircraft transponder these days. I saw a show where the static pitot tubes had been taped over and the error not corrected. The a/c computers saw the altitude as 9700' when in fact they were about to crash into the sea.
    Dennis, The altitude is reported "to" the transponder via pressure difference from
    the static port. If the static port is obstructed anywhere within the system, the
    altitude reported will be wrong, including the transponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    There's nothing compass-related about ILS.

Think of it as: three invisible (horizontal) triangular planes of light (except they're radio waves) projected from the runway out into the approach lane. Top one is Red, middle one is Green, bottom one is Red. Don't go above or below the Red triangles, and try to stay exactly in the middle (horizontally and vertically) of the Green triangle... The only other thing you need to do, is make sure you're at the correct airspeed (decelerating) as you pass through each approach marker (invisible vertical planes) - these stats will be listed on the approach chart for whatever airport you are landing at.

ETA:
    Even if the magnetic Pole was moving 100 miles a day, the LOCAL heading for each airport would be reliable enough for the Tower to direct planes into the approach path: a heading of 120 at twenty miles will be the same as 120 at the strip.
    That's what I was lookin for! Since the transmitter is local, the variation to runway makes no difference

By my failure to roll over to his idiocy and engaging him with logic and facts, I feel partly responsible for his early demise.
    I’m so ashamed.

He probably believes the earth is flat!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I’m so ashamed.
    No your not.....LOL

By my failure to roll over to his idiocy and engaging him with logic and facts, I feel partly responsible for his early demise.
    I’m so ashamed.

Uhh..... Is that a smiley face at the end of your sentence?

I see what you did there.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post

I live for recognition.

I’m so ashamed.

1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    The Pole Shift! Oh WOW! I remember hearing about that years ago; it was supposed to be a cataclysm that killed us all!

What happened?
    Possibly (planet) as Large as Jupiter

It's some kind of planet the size of Jupiter. It has came into our solar system and effecting our planet. The distance from earth of this mysterious object in space was reported 50 billion miles away, back in 1983.

Look at all the earthquakes that's been going on and solar events were transformers have been exploding around the world.

There's an article, by Thomas O'Toole, posted on December 30, 1983 from Washington Post.
    More information: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...56#post7139156

Damn, I must have missed some posts from the great unknowing.

“Heres another brain teaser....theres no oxygen in space so how does the sun produce light if the narrative is the sun is a huge nuclear fire ball?”

Hey, 1/7 brain, I know you’re reading this, wondering why the illiterate peons can not understand your fabulous intellect!
    It’s because you’re “intellectually challenged”, get back on the short bus.
    Ever hear of nuclear fusion? No oxygen required.

several times over 20 years I decide to post again....
    and you all prove why not to....jeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon50 View Post
    several times over 20 years I decide to post again....
    and you all prove why not to....jeeze
    Have you not enjoyed the witty repartee and the subtle assassination of the mentally challenged?