Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Earth's magnetic North Pole is shifting rapidly
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    The Earth being flat, it is not possible for the rotational poles to reverse without the Earth folding up like an origami crane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Ooh, I like origami!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. No one here really believes the earth is flat do they?
    There's a thread in the religious forum on this very topic and how the Bible states that the earth is flat.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

We do have the crown prince of Flat Earth, InebriatedChihuahua. He is absolutely convinced that the Earth is flat, because he absolutely believes that various passages in the Bible are to be taken at face value, even though they were written by men, not God, and were written and repeated in the context of their current understanding of physical laws and astronomy. In other words, utter ignorance. It is impossible to convince him otherwise. He has a few acolytes that join him in his delusional belief system. PM me for his real name and the relevant thread, you’ll find it, entertaining.
    The vast majority of the Board here has their heads screwed on straight.
    Thanks for clarifying that you were being sarcastic, I couldn't remember which board member it was who started the thread in the religious forum about the earth being flat.

That's reversal, not shift. It could get real interesting for compass users though...
    I have been out of Boeing's Customer Service Division for a few years now, so I can't speak to recent events, but we were releasing navigational software updates like crazy before I left. The (magnetic) North Pole was REALLY moving at the time.

There is nothing "woo" about this topic. Geologic evidence of magnetic magma deposits show that there have been numerous shifts or reversals causing iron or magnetite deposits to align in the magnetic fields.

The faster movement and decreased magnetic fields around the earth are concerning.

Maybe this has something to do with the horn & scraping sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    There's a thread in the religious forum on this very topic and how the Bible states that the earth is flat.
    Referred to that in post #19.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...at-Earth-Bible

Tie a rope to your ankle, it gets thick.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

He’d love to chew up origami critters. But then, he loves to chew up anything. I swear, that dog could chew through steel pipe.
    I knew a gal in college that was something like that. <ducking and running>
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. No one here really believes the earth is flat do they?
    Wait, what.......?
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.

"A pole shift has happened many times in the past."

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/magnetic-pole-shift/

We are not talking about the earth flipping, but its Magnetic Field....It amazes me just how many folks don't understand the concept.

Anyway, I'm NOT GOING TO LIGHT MY HAIR ON FIRE......and run around in a panic....
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Wait, what.......?
    I know - Those flat earth sites are springing up all over the place. Especially on YouTube.

I think we really went to the moon too but more and more people are saying it was all staged.

How many of you have a compass set out to see if the magnetic pole is shifting? I have a compass setting out and north is staying at true north. If there were a pole shift; wouldn't the compass be changing? Can you have a pole shift without the compass's true north not move?

Please let me know if there can be a pole shift going on and not have my compass's true north not be moving.

Everyone, get your compass out; make a mark where true north is and then sit back and watch.....I've had my compass out since before Christmas and it hasn't jumped around at all; it may have moved very slightly, but not much.

I've been reading and talking to a friend about a pole shift over the last three months. She gave me the indicators of a pole shift. 9 days of severe wobbling, 5 days of leaning; 3 days of darkness, earth's rotation will stop, plate movement; lands sink, new lands come up; then a pole shift, etc.

There is more than what I've just posted. We will see a pole shift in our life time. The first mention that anyone has suggested is 2023; yes three years away....
    Last edited by Tundra Gypsy; 01-10-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Gypsy View Post
    How many of you have a compass set out to see if the magnetic pole is shifting? I have a compass setting out and north is staying at true north. If there were a pole shift; wouldn't the compass be changing? Can you have a pole shift without the compass's true north not move?

Please let me know if there can be a pole shift going on and not have my compass's true north not be moving.

Everyone, get your compass out; make a mark where true north is and then sit back and watch.....I've had my compass out since before Christmas and it hasn't jumped around at all; it may have moved very slightly, but not much.

I've been reading and talking to a friend about a pole shift over the last three months. She gave me the indicators of a pole shift. 9 days of severe wobbling, 5 days of leaning; 3 days of darkness, earth's rotation will stop, plate movement; lands sink, new lands come up; then a pole shift, etc.

There is more than what I've just posted. We will see a pole shift in our life time. The first mention that anyone has suggested is 2023; yes three years away....
    LOL... you are a hoot!!!

First, do you think your compass is going to show you a magnetic north pole shift of 50 miles?

Now let's say you could, but the shift was directly away from you, not sideways, what would you see?

I would think the maps only need their magnetic deviation indicator (probably not the right term) corrected. The actual latitude and longitude grid lines will not change. I don’t see why airports change their runway numbers unless they are using only a compass to guide them, don’t the actual runways have these huge numbers painted on both ends?
    I think that what you are referring to in the first sentence is declination.
    Here is a link to a website for the laymen that explains declination on maps.
    http://www.compassdude.com/compass-declination.php
    Alea iacta est! We have crossed the Rubicon.
    Proud member of the Nowski Brigade!

I know - Those flat earth sites are springing up all over the place. Especially on YouTube.

I think we really went to the moon too but more and more people are saying it was all staged.
    The dark side needs and wants us to ruminate over urban legends that have no basis in fact....but its a typical MARXIST PLOY!!!

Its why our schools have been deliberately DUMBED DOWN!!!

Confusion and stress are the goals the Deep State seeks.

Study the Marxist Hegelian Dialectic, its all about creating conflict so that "They" can insert "Their" solution amidst the confusion.

Look at what they have tried to do to the President!
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Ask your friend, is she smoking recreational or medical?

Earth's MAGNETIC poles shift around, sometimes they even reverse so a compass would point "north" as "south," and while that may play havoc with birds and modern aircraft for most people on the ground there won't be much to notice.

People have been around for at least one MAGNETIC pole reversal because the evidence was found in a really-really old campfire (I I think about 700 thousand years ago but I don't have the reference to hand anyway it was possibly not even Cro-Magnon).

I am not in any way downplaying the problems faced by modern navigation from sudden large swings around the North and/or a polar "flip" but it isn't in any way, shape or form the sort of "pole shift" made famous around both the year 2000 and 2012; that is more like a "crustal slide."

It isn't even known if "crustal slides" on a macro sense even happen at all if they did it would mean the very top layers of the earth's landmasses "slipping" and/or the outer edges of the Earth "slipping" quickly around the core.

While there is some valid scientific thinking behind this hypothesis it is still basically wooing in terms of probability or prediction, but you can bet on the magnetic poles moving and/or even flipping eventually - but that could be in five years or five thousand (a flip).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

I knew someone would slam me about my post. I'm just asking if the compass would change its true north setting if there were to be a magnetic pole shift. I'm a very curious person, so I am very curious about this magnetic pole shift thing....and if there will be any precursors prior to it happening. My friend has been talking to me about this; I've just been listening and making notes...…..I won't believe it until I see it....

God bless you and your families,

Cubbie
    "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done." (Rv 22:12)
    www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

I knew someone would slam me about my post. I'm just asking if the compass would change its true north setting if there were to be a magnetic pole shift. I'm a very curious person, so I am very curious about this magnetic pole shift thing....and if there will be any precursors prior to it happening. My friend has been talking to me about this; I've just been listening and making notes...…..I won't believe it until I see it....
    My lay person's understanding is that the compass will point what is now "South" as if it were "North" if there was a complete Magnetic Pole flip, which on its own would be easy enough to get used to - but it all the technology (and animals) that depend on Magnetic North is more or less where it is now that would have issues.

Someone with more geological background should know the answer for sure though.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

IIRC the earth is the only planet in our solar system whose magnetic poles haven't flipped in the last 100 years. One of the giant planets flipped sometime in the past ten years, I forget which one it was though.

Something to think about.
    The last full reversal of Earth occurred about 780,000 years ago. Humans have not experienced a pole reversal on earth. A pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, for Earth and we are well overdo.

How are you determining where “true north” really is from where you are? Have you looking at a map, checked against roads that are shown to actually be north/south on a map? What is the correction on that map for magnetic north? Have you allowed for that? It might be less than you can easily eyeball.
    Are you assuming your compass always points “true north”?
    Unless you have the pole directly north of you, it won’t be pointing “true” and “magnetic” north at the same time.
    It will, however always point “magnetic north”, by definition, no matter what the poles do. If you don’t have a landmark to compare to, you won’t notice it.
    Remember, the 55 km/year or whatever is probably thousands of miles away from you, it probably won’t be easy to notice, certainly watching it over a period of days or weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WestGardener View Post
    The last full reversal of Earth occurred about 780,000 years ago. Humans have not experienced a pole reversal on earth. A pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, for Earth and we are well overdo.
    Actually some very early "humans" did, as the pole reversal was recorded in the remains of their campfire; but it was very early people possibly Homo Erectus or Homo Hibergencious (I'm looking for the articles but haven't seen any in years but I will post if I find links).

That’s a rotational pole shift, not magnetic (which is what this thread is about.)

Here’s my thoughts on pole shift.
    Magnetic pole shift will happen. There may be some noticeable effects with navigation and animals that depend on such.
    I doubt it will, by itself, effect weather. I could be wrong on that.
    We will not have a rotational pole shift.
    The Earth will not tilt, seriously wobble, flop over, reverse rotation, stop, or any such crap.
    There is no Planet X or any such external influence that will cause such disturbances.
    If I am wrong on any of this, you can row your oil drum catamaran to my beach house in the Rocky’s and I will kiss your lily-White ass.

Here’s my thoughts on pole shift.
    Magnetic pole shift will happen. There may be some noticeable effects with navigation and animals that depend on such.
    I doubt it will, by itself, effect weather. I could be wrong on that.
    We will not have a rotational pole shift.
    The Earth will not tilt, seriously wobble, flop over, reverse rotation, stop, or any such crap.
    There is no Planet X or any such external influence that will cause such disturbances.
    If I am wrong on any of this, you can row your oil drum catamaran to my beach house in the Rocky’s and I will kiss your lily-White ass.
    The TRUTH is what sets us free people....But, many folks can't handle the truth and it will be their undoing.

What is the Truth? And what is simply Alt-Truth?
    I consider my Truth is true until proven false.
    I consider your truth (if you are a pole-shift Planet-Xer) to be false until proven true.
    Many people with opinions have a similar view.
    I could be wrong, but I don’t believe I am.
    A hard-core Flat-earther will say the same thing.

I would think the maps only need their magnetic deviation indicator (probably not the right term) corrected. The actual latitude and longitude grid lines will not change. I don’t see why airports change their runway numbers unless they are using only a compass to guide them, don’t the actual runways have these huge numbers painted on both ends?
    I think that is called declination IIRC.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

I'm more concerned about the Van Allen belts during a pole shift. Does it take days, weeks, months or years to restore? Meanwhile Earth and her inhabitants will be bathed in Sol's spectacular radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandune View Post
    I'm more concerned about the Van Allen belts during a pole shift. Does it take days, weeks, months or years to restore? Meanwhile Earth and her inhabitants will be bathed in Sol's spectacular radiation.
    Good question. I understand the poles let some radiation in that would be blocked by other non-pole areas, hence auroras. Can we plot the expected pole drift based on recent movements? That would be the areas of concern as the poles continue to shift. Let’s say the North Pole moves thru Siberia, then towards Europe, and so on. Those areas would A. Have spectacular auroras, and 2. Have increased radiation. Don’t know how serious, but similar to what the poles now get.

Actually the runway numbers (and nautical charts) display True headings. To get a True heading you must do the following :

Compass heading + Deviation = Magnetic heading

Magnetic heading + Variation = True heading

Variation is listed on charts (maps for aviation or nautical navigat) and varies from region to region around the world.

Deviation is induced by metal or electrical fields in the aircraft or ship and is offset with magnets and metal spheres placed near the compass and is vessel specific it varies by heading and is listed on the compass card.

The only thing affected by the magnetic pole moving will be the Variation listed on charts which varies by geographical region already I've seen variation changes on chart corrections many times over my career and it is not a big deal

By the way magnetic compasses are generally only used as a back-up to GPS and gyro-compass in commercial shipping now days

By the way a course is NEVER plotted using magnetic headings by ANY professional mariner or aviator. All ATONS (aids to navigation) eg. charts, light list, racons, buoy, coast pilot , etc reference ONLY TRUE headings or bearings as the case may be.

Very informative and well written.
    Based on this, would runway numbers actually change, or did someone make an ass-u-me-mption based on ignorance way back on this thread?

BTW, welcome to the asylum.

BTW, welcome to the asylum.
    Why thank you P.O.D.
    Are You... Liberal? Conservative? or Confused? by Richard J. Maybury

http://www.earlywarningreport.com/books-6confused.html

A magnetic pole reversal very likely wouldn't be a smooth transition from one state to the next. In fact, there may well be multiple poles forming and vanishing as the reversal plays itself out. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomag...Magnetic_field)

So what will be the new pole star? It has been Sirius in the past, Polaris now, what is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby View Post
    So what will be the new pole star? It has been Sirius in the past, Polaris now, what is next?
    You're confusing a magnetic pole reversal with geographic pole shifts. The Earth's rotational axis won't shift and Polaris will work just fine to point you towards the "old" North Pole.

edited to add: in any case, Polaris doesn't show you the magnetic north pole
    Last edited by tanstaafl; 01-10-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: clarification

Actually, while the convention is that the magnetic north pole and the axial north pole are both in the same hemisphere, doesn't the Earth's axial north pole have more to do with how the Solar System's plane of the ecliptic is defined (and in turn the entire Milky Way Galaxy)? That is, when astronomers speak of "above" the plane of the ecliptic I think they mean that volume of space in the north ecliptic plane. So if the pole reversal happened and the north magnetic pole ended up at the current south pole, you'd have astronomers in the silly position of referring to objects in the north ecliptic plane which was now above the magnetic south pole (and vice versa)! Which would probably be okay since astronomers are usually considered somewhat odd ducks anyway ...

Really.

Job is the OLDEST book in the Bible...it is concurrent with the time of Abraham.

In it are these statements: "He sitteth above the CIRCLE of the earth" and "He hangeth the earth upon nothing"
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Countrymouse View Post
    Really.

Job is the OLDEST book in the Bible...it is concurrent with the time of Abraham.

In it are these statements: "He sitteth above the CIRCLE of the earth" and "He hangeth the earth upon nothing"
    Does that support oblate spheroid earth?
    If so, you should jump into the fray and show WinoDog where he is wrong.
    Good luck on that, he’s a tough nut.