Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD My New Favorite Firearm - CZ Scorpion 9mm (Pic Heavy)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Always wanted a Scorpion, but think I'll settle for a PSA AR-9.

You guys and your long barrels LOL This is my Micro Roni, I just snap my glock 17 into the frame, it locks in place, and away I go. Pretty darn accurate too, kind of shocked me how accurate just a pistol barrel can be. The rear pistol brace also folds up to make it more compact.
    Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security.

Monty,

Could you post a pic of the CZ from above looking down with the brace folded? Thanks.

Problem is I've already gone and I'm quite happy with where I arrived

No reason you shouldn't be happy with your choice, Monty. The 9mm should do all you need done within a hundred yards or so, and do it quickly.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

What red dot is this.....???

Quote Originally Posted by eXe View Post
    You guys and your long barrels LOL This is my Micro Roni, I just snap my glock 17 into the frame, it locks in place, and away I go. Pretty darn accurate too, kind of shocked me how accurate just a pistol barrel can be. The rear pistol brace also folds up to make it more compact.
    NO MORE INFRINGEMENT.
    NO MORE COMPROMISE.
    NOT ONE MORE INCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman2 View Post
    Looks like a Bushnell TRS-25, on a riser, which is the same red dot as Monty has in the first post pictures without a riser. It's a popular lower-cost red dot sight.

The TRS-25 has been around for a lot of years and been an intro red dot for a lot of people. Older eyes may have trouble with 'fuzz' from a projector/reflector red dot, and might prefer a traditional low powered scope or a prismatic optic. I'm buying prismatics exclusively these days for my own use (Vortex Spitfire).
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Quote Originally Posted by nebb View Post
    Monty, did you look at other braces? Did you compare any others. Iím thinking of getting a Scorpion and have been looking at the SB tactical brace.
    The SBT was about the only other one I considered. It's about $50 cheaper than the tailhook kit and most the reviews on it were pretty good. Had it come in OD and I could have matched up with the pistol, I probably would have given it a shot. Overall, when I read comparisons between the two directly, most people recommended the tailhook, and so I went with the masses and I'm happy I did, it fits great, feels great and looks great. I'm afraid had I got the SBT that I would still be looking at the tailhook wondering "what if". There is a local guy selling a SBT for $150. Had that been posted a few days earlier then I expect my pics would show an SBT. Both are probably great.

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Monty,

Could you post a pic of the CZ from above looking down with the brace folded? Thanks.
    One from the top, one from the front (mag removed, locked open, triple checked).

It doesn't lock in place when folded but friction does hold it in place pretty well.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by eXe View Post
    I've looked at and considered one of those. They aren't cheap but I would expect they are pretty effective allowing you to shoot more accurately and and place to add...stuff, lol.

What LOP do you end up with? I think there are a couple different braces, one longer than the other. Does it hold zero reasonably well?

Like the mini olight, wish you didn't have to push away from the weapon to activate it, makes it awkward for that use, at least for me.

Thanks! You’ve really got me wanting one now.

The brace does lock open correct? Would you consider it very rigid?

Have you fired it with the brace closed? Is anything blocked? It looks like the ejection port may be blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by smith357 View Post
    Thanks! You’ve really got me wanting one now.

The brace does lock open correct? Would you consider it very rigid?
    Yes, locks open very securely. There is no play in the lock, there is a little play where it actually attaches to the pistol. I've got no concern over it having that little bit of play and I expect it could be shimmed quite easily if I wanted to eliminate it.

Thanks Monty, have one coming in FDE with the SB brace in FDE. I’ll see if I can figure how to post pics when I get it.
    Last edited by nebb; 01-03-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman2 View Post
    Yup, its a Bushnell TRS-25, just a cheap one I had lying around till my new Vortex arrives... but it zeroed perfectly and it has held zero now for a few weeks.

As for pistol caliber carbines, I have an Uzi, Keltec sub 2000 and now this "pistol" The sub 2000 has been flawless, accurate but its still big folded up, The uzi is very accurate, but its heavy as all get out, 9 lbs, this thing is super light, and at the ranges one would be engaging with a pistol caliber carbine, its very accurate.
    Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security.

While we are exploring - note the issues with this PSA offering, currently being addressed- might be an option when the teething problems are smoothed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6Wrxg0Yng
    New PSA AKV9 9mm AK and Vityaz clone
    Published on Dec 31, 2018
    RT 25:52

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    While we are exploring - note the issues with this PSA offering, currently being addressed- might be an option when the teething problems are smoothed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6Wrxg0Yng
    New PSA AKV9 9mm AK and Vityaz clone
    Published on Dec 31, 2018
    RT 25:52
    Had high hopes for this one but appears there may be some design issues that may never be worked out without a major redesign. Shame. Would like to get a few mags to try out in my Scorpion.

Video at the link-

http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774...-rounds-later/

CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1: 3,000 Rounds Later!

Or direct to https://vimeo.com/307554250 -- RT 08:20
    19/01/09 at 10.13am / by Rob Ski

And ANOTHER new one - video at the link, or see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAh0FZRq8c RT 02:20
    ==============================

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...m_campaign=rss

MPX COPPERHEAD: New Sig MPX Ultra-Compact
    Posted 6 days ago in Breaking News, Daily News, Submachine Guns/Pistol Caliber Carbines by Pete with 141 Comments

Well, well, well. It looks like the Sig Rattler just got a baby brother. Just announced today is the Sig MPX Copperhead Ultra–Compact 9mm Personal Defense Weapon (PDW). Sporting a 3.5” barrel and a collapsing pistol stabilizing brace, the total overal length is an impressive 14.5”. The MPX Copperhead has fully ambidextrous controls and of course accepts current MPX magazines. Integrated into the barrel is a muzzle brake, leaving me to wonder if the MPX Copperhead can be easily suppressed.

More details to follow.

The MPX Copperhead considerably reduces the length, width, and size of the MPX platform making it the most compact addition to the MPX family of firearms,” said Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “The Copperhead is the perfect combination of the features and performance our consumers expect from a SIG MPX in a compact package.
    The MPX Copperhead features a monolithic Elite Series Cerakoteģ finish upper receiver, with an integrated stock knuckle lower, and a 3.5” barrel with integrated muzzle brake. The MPX Copperhead comes equipped with the new SIG SAUER Pivoting Contour Brace (PCB) giving pistol users a brace that easily adapts to the movement of the shooters arm with a patented swivel operation for perfect placement, and can be rapidly deployed

Unconventional design, unmatched performance, and familiar AR handling. The SIG MPX redefines the submachine gun category with a new level of operator safety, in-field adaptability and proven reliability in the harshest environments. Completely ambidextrous, the SIG MPX is great for left- or right-handed shooters with its dual-sided selector switch, magazine release, charging handle and bolt release. The SIG MPX operates from a fully-closed and locked rotating bolt, offering enhanced reliability and safety in use. A short-stroke gas piston allows the SIG MPX to run all weights and brands of 9mm ammunition with no adjustments to the gas valve.

COPPERHEAD: New Sig MPX Ultracompact
    Total length: 14.5”
    Barrel length: 3.5”
    Barrel Twist: 1:10”
    Weight: 4.5lbs
    Finish: Cerakote E190
    Caliber: 9mm Luger
    MSRP: $1835

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    And ANOTHER new one - video at the link, or see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugAh0FZRq8c RT 02:20
    ==============================

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...m_campaign=rss

MPX COPPERHEAD: New Sig MPX Ultra-Compact
    Posted 6 days ago in Breaking News, Daily News, Submachine Guns/Pistol Caliber Carbines by Pete with 141 Comments

Well, well, well. It looks like the Sig Rattler just got a baby brother. Just announced today is the Sig MPX Copperhead Ultra–Compact 9mm Personal Defense Weapon (PDW). Sporting a 3.5” barrel and a collapsing pistol stabilizing brace, the total overal length is an impressive 14.5”. The MPX Copperhead has fully ambidextrous controls and of course accepts current MPX magazines. Integrated into the barrel is a muzzle brake, leaving me to wonder if the MPX Copperhead can be easily suppressed.

More details to follow.

The MPX Copperhead considerably reduces the length, width, and size of the MPX platform making it the most compact addition to the MPX family of firearms,” said Tom Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Commercial Sales, SIG SAUER, Inc. “The Copperhead is the perfect combination of the features and performance our consumers expect from a SIG MPX in a compact package.
    The MPX Copperhead features a monolithic Elite Series Cerakoteģ finish upper receiver, with an integrated stock knuckle lower, and a 3.5” barrel with integrated muzzle brake. The MPX Copperhead comes equipped with the new SIG SAUER Pivoting Contour Brace (PCB) giving pistol users a brace that easily adapts to the movement of the shooters arm with a patented swivel operation for perfect placement, and can be rapidly deployed

Unconventional design, unmatched performance, and familiar AR handling. The SIG MPX redefines the submachine gun category with a new level of operator safety, in-field adaptability and proven reliability in the harshest environments. Completely ambidextrous, the SIG MPX is great for left- or right-handed shooters with its dual-sided selector switch, magazine release, charging handle and bolt release. The SIG MPX operates from a fully-closed and locked rotating bolt, offering enhanced reliability and safety in use. A short-stroke gas piston allows the SIG MPX to run all weights and brands of 9mm ammunition with no adjustments to the gas valve.

COPPERHEAD: New Sig MPX Ultracompact
    Total length: 14.5”
    Barrel length: 3.5”
    Barrel Twist: 1:10”
    Weight: 4.5lbs
    Finish: Cerakote E190
    Caliber: 9mm Luger
    MSRP: $1835
    Hummmm….For that price a "drop in" PDW chassis for a Glock like ExE posted is more than just competitive at between $100 (for the so-so) to $700 for the Israeli designed ones, even if you need to source the Glock to put into it while your at it (and police trade in G17s are in the neighborhood of $500). That leaves plenty left over for extra mags, ammo, etc...
    Last edited by Housecarl; 01-13-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Hummmm….For that price a "drop in" PDW chassis for a Glock like ExE posted is more than just competitive at between $100 (for the so-so) to $700 for the Israeli designed ones, even if you need to source the Glock to put into it while your at it (and police trade in G17s are in the neighborhood of $500). That leaves plenty left over for extra mags, ammo, etc...
    What drop in is available for around $100?

Sounds like gun prices are high in your area, new Gen 5 Glock 17 can be have for $500 here. Dealer buddy offered me a new Glock 45 9mm with Amerigo sights for $577 out the door last weekend. I was so tempted but don't really need another Glock as much as I need to stock more mags and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    What drop in is available for around $100?

Sounds like gun prices are high in your area, new Gen 5 Glock 17 can be have for $500 here. Dealer buddy offered me a new Glock 45 9mm with Amerigo sights for $577 out the door last weekend. I was so tempted but don't really need another Glock as much as I need to stock more mags and ammo.
    The "low ball" is a skeletonized stock that fits the back of the frame. The G17 price range is based on a quick look online.