Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT *** HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 ***
+ Reply to Thread

*** HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 ***

Hello everyone

I want to wish you all, members and staff alike, a happy New Year. As in years past, many of our friends and family passed away in 2018, and I pray that they may be safe in the loving arms of God. Hoping and praying that 2019 will be better than 2018 for us all, and that we can survive whatever comes next year and make it to 2020. Hold your loved ones tight and tell them how much you love them; you never know when they'll be gone from your life. Make every day count.

To my beloved Hermione - I’ll see you soon my precious friend and guardian angel. I miss you so. (7-10-2005 - 3-2-2018)

To Donald Shimoda - May you receive God’s gift of healing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7ktS3PqEs

------------

Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
    And never brought to mind?
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot
    And days o' lang syne?

Chorus
    For auld lang syne, my Dear
    For auld lang syne
    We'll tak a cup o kindness yet
    For auld lang syne

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp
    And surely I'll be mine
    And we'll tak a cup o' kindness yet
    For auld lang syne

(chorus)

We twa hae run about the braes
    And pu'd the gowans fine
    But we've wandered mony a weary foot
    Sin auld lang syne

(chorus)

We twa hae paidlet i' the burn
    Frae morning sun sill dine
    But seas between us braid hae roar'd
    Sin auld lang syne

(chorus)

And there's a hand, my trusty feire
    And gie's a hand o' thine
    And we'll tak a right gude-willie waught
    For auld lang syne

(chorus)

Translated:

Should old friends be forgotten
    and never remembered
    Should old friends be forgotten
    and the days they shared together

Chorus
    For days now in the past, my dear
    For days now in the past
    We'll drink a toast of kind remembrance
    For days now in the past

You can pay for your pint tankard
    and I will pay for mine
    We'll drink a toast of kind remembrance
    For days now in the past

We two have run about the hillsides
    and pulled wild daisies
    but now we are far apart in distance
    From those days now in the past

We two have paddled in the stream
    from morning until noon
    but oceans now lie between us
    since those days now in the past

So take my hand, my trusty friend
    and give me your hand
    and we will take a hearty drink together
    In memory of those days now in the past

---------------------------------------

The best known and most often sung of all songs, reminds us that Robert Burns is as much the poet of friendship as of love. This song is now generally sung at the end of a convivial evening and at New Year the world over.

That it speedily took the place of Scotland's older parting song "Good Night and Joy Be with You All" and that it has become the traditional song among English-speaking peoples for bidding farewell to the old year and hailing the new are evidence of the success with which Burns was able to present the theme of passing time through a context of remembered friendship. The song very cunningly combines a note of present conviviality with a poignant sense of the loss of earlier companionship brought by time and distance. Such a note is just right for New Year's Eve, when the mind hovers between retrospect and anticipation and we think equally of days gone for ever and days to come.

Of course Auld Lang Syne is more than a New Year's song. It is one of the great expressions of the tragic ambiguity of man's relation to time, which mixes memory with desire, carrying away old friendships and bringing new, turning childhood escapades into old men's recollections, making change the very condition of consciousness, and at the same time the creator and the destroyer of human experience. All this is done in the purest folk idiom, with no abstract statements or generalizations, except for the chorus itself, which states in simple but powerful terms the question that lies at the heart of so much human emotion.

Happy New Year Back, and may the best be yet to come . Or to overcome.

7 same here dennis,

hopefully things hold out or get better, for everyone here ,
    If heaven is gained by merit your dog will get in before youť Mark Twain

"Yeah liberal puke it's going to happen. Ain't it cool? And when you're all lined up against a wall and shot, your last sights will be the American people you pissed on for years getting back at you. Enjoy."( best line of the week, thanks AlfaMan)

Happy New Year to everyone here. May we all have a safe, healthy, prosperous 2019

I'll be going into the new year facing eye surgery. Cataract surgery scheduled for Wednesday, January 2nd.

Thanks Dennis, and to you. Always remember that we were made for such a time as this.

Prayers for healing for Don.
    Happy is the Nation whose God is the Lord. -Psalm 33:12

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Armstrong View Post
    I'll be going into the new year facing eye surgery. Cataract surgery scheduled for Wednesday, January 2nd.
    MA,

Praying for your successful surgery.

Happy New Year to all.... May 2019 bring peace and defeat of evil....

Texican....

Thanks Dennis - and the same to you. Keep up the good work running this forum - the info here is invaluable, thanks to you and the great contributors.
    "It beggar'd all description" - Shakespeare's 'Antony & Cleopatra'

Thanks Dennis, and Happy New Year to you and the pups and to all here at TB2k!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

Happy New Year Dennis and Everyone!

One of my recordings of A Parting Glass - you can see guys that look just like this in my village or on the streets of Dublin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sql9X4H0VY
    run time 3:11
    Last edited by Melodi; 12-31-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

"I'm going to bed early tonight. I'm not a party pooper, but I've seen too many poopers
    at parties. I'm speaking of man's best friend who leaves his mark on carpets and floors,
    beside front doors and loves to bark, 'Look what I did! Pet me, feed me, please!' Sheesh."

Happy New Year. God's blessing on you all

Happy New Year, Everyone!

FINALLY, I'm getting medical attention, and plan to come charging out the gates soon as a healed up, better man.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

Happy New Year everybody. Thank you to those who have helped me get through a rotten year. May 2019 bring Health, Happiness & Blessings to all.
    When you care to send the very best, send an Army Ranger!

Thanks Dennis....

Happy New Year to you and yours...and to all here at TB2K.

May God Bless and protect us all in this NEW YEAR!!!
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Thank you Dennis, and a Happy New Year to you.

To everyone here, Have A Happy And Blessed New Year!
    Susan

Happy New Year 2019 everyone.

2018 has had it's ups and downs- lost my Mom, 1/2 my family (my decision to stay away from the psycho drama), almost lost my Bella were it not for Dennis and the good folks here, gained a son in law and repaired some other familial relationships.

I don't know what 2019 will bring but I hope 12-31-2019 finds us all sitting here wishing each other a happy NY again.
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Happy New Year, Everyone!

FINALLY, I'm getting medical attention, and plan to come charging out the gates soon as a healed up, better man.
    Now that is some great news!

Happy New Year to all and thanks, Dennis, for that translation.

Happy New Year Dennis and tb2k! I pray everyone has a blessed 2019!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Thank you Dennis......may 2019 be the most blessed year you've ever had......and for the rest of us as well......Lord knows we need it!

Happy New Year Ya'll

I hope and pray that 2019 is happy and healthy for all of you. I think I have never entered a new year with as much fear as I feel this time, but I hope and pray that time proves me wrong. God bless us all!

Happy New Year Dennis and may God bless you in 2019.

Happy New Year, everyone!
    Sapere aude

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE HERE. THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE. THANKS TO THOSE THAT DONATE FOR THE ONES THAT CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY!! AS A VETERAN I SALUTE YOU ALL!!!

Happy new year everyone! May 2019 bring you everything you wished for!
    Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security.

A very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all!!!
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Happy New Year Everyone! May we all be blessed in 2019!
    Attached Images
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Who is Q?

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    Happy New Year to everyone here. May we all have a safe, healthy, prosperous 2019
    Amen.

Have a Very Happy New Year Everybody!
    Attached Images
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Happy New Year everyone! (Someone just went on a rant that the house is still dirt, the dogs are misbehaved and dishes need to be done and therefore, it’s SSDD. Then went on to argue about who made SSDD a popular saying.) Thank the Lord he went to bed. Personally I see hope in using a trash can this year. Lol!
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Happy New Year, TB2K family!

Happy New Year to everybody, or a Doomy New Year what ever floats ya boat

Happy New Year everyone. May God's blessings be poured out on each and everyone of us.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Happy and Blessed New Years to all you Tb2kers!!!

Had some wine, listened to music, talked about our upcoming adventures, then went to bed around 10 and didn't hear thing afterwards. No gunshots, fireworks, people here are shelled shocked enough. But, I'm feeling good! May the new year bring everyone good health, keep a roof over our heads, and don't despair about anything. Use my 99.9% method, because 99.9% of the stuff we worry about never happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edwsf-8F3sI

About 4 minutes
    People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk. Ayn Rand

Paragraph #3 is a must read ->

It’s time once again to hop into Mr. Peabody’s Way Back Machine to take a stroll down memory lane to visit our old friend — the year 1919. For a year that is now a century old, 1919 doesn’t look a day over 68.

The year started with a bang on Jan. 1 when Edsel Ford took over the Ford Motor Company from his daddy, Henry Ford. Those of you of a certain vintage may recall his namesake car, the Ford Edsel, which appeared in 1958. The Edsel turned out to be one of the worst cars ever produced, although it provided many jokes for 1950s-era comedians. The Edsel only lasted until 1960 when production stopped due to lack of buyers. Naturally, if you have an Edsel now, it is worth a lot more than it was then.

In January, the tragic Boston Molasses Disaster took place. A storage tank filled with more than 2 million gallons of molasses collapsed. A 25-foot-high tsunami of molasses rushed through the streets of Boston at 35 miles an hour, killing 21 people and injuring more than 150 others. It was a sticky situation. To make matters worse, the 16th Amendment, creating Prohibition, went into effect the next day.

Politically, things were grumpy in 1919. The War to End All Wars, also known as World War I, had just ended. Like all things, nothing is finished until the paperwork is done. The winning team and the losers got together in Paris in January to work out the terms of the victory in the Treaty of Versailles so that the world could live in peace forever.

The treaty worked out about as well as the Titanic did in 1912 or the Edsel in 1958. The German’s were made to say, “I’m a bad country, kick me, and Uncle three times.” The Germans promised to pay the Allies much more in reparations than they could have done without using a rubber check. Unfortunately, the winning team was never told that winning is enough and a victory dance in the end zone is too much. The seeds of World War II were planted at Versailles.

In January, the Nazi party was founded as the German Farmers Party. Benito Mussolini founded the Fascist Party in Italy in February. The first congress of the Communist International met in Moscow in March and picked Lenin, Trotsky and Stalin as its leaders. Trouble was brewing. The poo was heading toward the fan. As Roman Emperor Claudius once said, “Let all the evil that lurks in the mud, hatch out.” The hatching started early in the year.

Not everything was grim in 1919. The comic strip “Barney Google” first graced the funny papers in June. Barney Google’s side kick, Snuffy Smith, eventually became the star of the strip. Snuffy’s wife, Loweezy, spent most of the strip hanging out clothes on the line and gossiping with her neighbor, Elviney. When Mrs. Smith was startled by news of some local event, she would blurt out, “Land O’ Goshen!” The “Snuffy Smith” comic strip continues to appear in fine newspapers 100 years later.

A bit of presidential medical trivia occurred the fall of 1919. President Woodrow Wilson was out on a long tour promoting the League of Nations. He had a stroke in October 1919, which left him essentially incapacitated for the rest of his term of office until 1921. Wilson’s wife, Edith, kept the country from learning how bad off Woody was by cutting off access to the president. Edith served as the country’s first female president for the rest of Woody’s term in office, acting as regent. She made presidential decisions in Wilson’s name while Woody recuperated. Just for a moment, ponder something like this happening now. President Melania has a nice ring to it.

In October, “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” first appeared in The New York Globe newspaper, dazzling and amazing readers ever since. You can now be dazzled and amazed at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Not to be outdone by the man with the world’s longest toe nails, Felix the Cat made his film debut in November 1919 in “Feline Follies.” Felix is credited with being the first cartoon character to gain a major audience. Mickey Mouse did not make his film debut until 1928, so Felix beat Mickey to the audience, although Mickey beat Felix to the bank.

So, what have we learned about 1919? Sometimes, the people selling wars to the public do not always tell the truth. If you suddenly smell a strong odor of molasses, either make pancakes or get to higher ground immediately. Melania might make a better president than our current Dear Glorious Very Stable Genius Leader. Bless his heart. Land O’ Goshen, I’m just sayin’. Happy New Year.

https://www.upandcomingweekly.com/vi...rthday-to-1919

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    MA,

Praying for your successful surgery.

Happy New Year to all.... May 2019 bring peace and defeat of evil....

Texican....
    Thank you for your prayers Texican, they are greatly appreciated. I had the surgery for my driving eye last week, and it was successful. I am told that my vision in that eye is now 20/20. I'm scheduled to have my other eye, my reading eye, operated on in about 2-and-a-half weeks.