Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Misc Mumps
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mumps

Mumps

Our local school sent out a news release and letter home with students to alert their parents that there are confirmed cases of mumps at the school. Considering that the school is the bus hub for the district with students attending from a large geographic regions there is the potential for the spread of the mumps to children Pre Kindergarten to High school and their families.

Have any Time Bomb folks gotten mumps as an adult?

The MMR Mumps Measles Rubella vaccine is supposed to have booster shots over the child and teen years.

The school School system has predominately Native American students, but has had an increase in Hispanic children. Their parents work in the vineyards and pot plantations.

For the first time there are now students who attend the school who have English as a Second Language.

Quote Originally Posted by Siskiyoumom View Post
    Our local school sent out a news release and letter home with students to alert their parents that there are confirmed cases of mumps at the school. Considering that the school is the bus hub for the district with students attending from a large geographic regions there is the potential for the spread of the mumps to children Pre Kindergarten to High school and their families.

Have any Time Bomb folks gotten mumps as an adult?

The MMR Mumps Measles Rubella vaccine is supposed to have booster shots over the child and teen years.

The school School system has predominately Native American students, but has had an increase in Hispanic children. Their parents work in the vineyards and pot plantations.

For the first time there are now students who attend the school who have English as a Second Language.
    Iíve noticed that almost all the mumps cases are in fully vaccinated children. You can google to establish that. From what Iíve read, the mumps vaccine, like the whooping cough vaccine, has a poor efficacy rate. I recall a few years ago, the National hockey league was vaccinated for mumps before the Winter Olympics. Shortly thereafter, many NHL stars had the mumps. I recall this specifically because Iím in the St. Louis Blues market and the players were on TV with swollen necks, wondering how they got mumps when they were fully vaccinated. None of the adult players were reported with any negative after effects.

I do believe a rare side effect in teenage males is sterility. If I recall correctly, Bill Clinton is supposedly sterile from the mumps. I guess that would be to Chelseaís surprise, but I digress.
    marymonde
    +++++++++++++++++++++

``Where the Bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be;
    even as where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church'' Ignatius of Antioch, 1st c. A.D

Had them as a kid and remember it well but only on one side. I was told that because of that, I could get them again but don't know for sure. But back in the late 60's, nearly all kids wound up with measles, mumps and chicken pox. Sister and I had them all.