Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Pain Mgmt Marijuana
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marijuana

Marijuana

Hello, guys, My state recently approved a Medical Marijuana law.

A little history. I was taking oycontin, 15 mg. 4 times a day. and one day, realized
    it was killing me. I quit cold turkey and it's been over a year, almost two.
    Never think about it now.

I wanted to get an overview from those I at least know on this forum.

I need help.

I am not going to smoke it but am a classic candidate for the program. I will be allowed to carry, possess and grow it, for can you believe, $10 a year?

Your help on how would be the best way to use it would be very appreciated.

I grew up in the 60's. HS grad 1965, saw it all. never used MJ even one time (and I saw Janis Joplin at the Monterey Teen festival in 1967), while in AIT at Ft Ord Ca.

Any help would be great. Thanks, Ray
    B 4 1 502

One's Perceived Valor is greatly enhanced by a Keyboard......Me.

You might PM Jazzy. She's done a lot of research on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    You might PM Jazzy. She's done a lot of research on it.
    Thank you.
    B 4 1 502

My husband takes the oil. He replaced oxcycontin and Percocet which did not touch the pain in his back. The oil works wonders. We have dispensaries here and he buys it there. It's much easier than growing and processing it ourselves.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Quote Originally Posted by China Connection View Post
    If you dried out some grass and let it soak in cold pressed coconut oil for a number of weeks it should help.
    Not that simple. There are many strains of weed, varying amounts of THC (High) and CBD (Pain relief), not a fan of hemp CBD oil, whole plant gives more results by some users.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Thanks guys, I have a lot to learn. Your help is appreciated.
    B 4 1 502

Hi Ray. I have been on medical mmj for almost a year now. I have severe arthritis in both knees. Make sure you get yourself a small water bong. This will rid alot of the smoke and impurities. I am maxed on my chemical prescriptions and for the first time in a long time, I don't worry about my pain meds.

You might want to check out https://www.leafly.com/ You can read about each strain and its various properties. There is also a reader comment section that is mostly informative sans a few losers.

For pain relief, I would look for primarily Indica strains or strains that have a high CBD AND THC ratios.

My wife has gotten herself off of regular use of Norco 10/325's in about 3 months. She's a 35 year quadriplegic who's got arthritis in her hips so badly she literally would break out in a sweat a minute after sitting up in her chair without some sort of pain relief. What has helped her pain the most is the CBD oil.

Several of the different vendors on Amazon have good quality oils, but they can't promote its CBD content explicitly (I guess due to the fact that cannabis is still Sch I) so there's "code speak" to determine what the CBD content is, and all claims are subjective and relative/vague. HOWEVER, the ones that help her the most are the ones that are labeled 'full-spectrum' and 'whole plant'. Hemp seed has little to no CBD in its oil, but the plant itself does. What this means is stay away from hemp seed oils. Those are good sources of Omega 3 fats, but won't get you very far for pain relief.

She's tried several different ones, generally in the $20-30 range for a 1oz bottle, which lasts her about a month. So very worth it to get away from the Norco!
    It's kinda hard to work within the system when it's a septic system.

There's one thing worse than a wolf in sheep's clothing. That's a wolf in sheepdog's clothing.