Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Baby Caleb – cardiac problems (update post #359)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Raggedyman, Thank you so much for keep us updated. I have been reading this thread with a lot of trepidation. My grandbaby is due Jan. 25, 2019 with many of the same heart problems that Caleb has...VSD, Coarctation of the Aorta and Aortic Valve Stenosis. I am praying daily for Caleb and maybe it's for selfish reasons but it's giving me hope.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

UPDATE:
    As of 10:55 Caleb is on the heart and lung machine - word passed to the family: "the surgery is going well and Caleb is doing fine".

prayers up for you baby boy
    Last edited by Raggedyman; 12-20-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I got a chuckle outta "lunch machine." I think your phone changed lung! LOL Still praying.

Continuing to pray!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Giblin View Post
    I got a chuckle outta "lunch machine." I think your phone changed lung! LOL Still praying.
    I know!!! I saw that after I came back in here from string the big pot of beef stew I'd put on - when that call came in wanted to get it up asap and I tripped over my own anxiety

actually hoped that no one had seen ol RM step in it that badly!!!
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Raggedyman, Thank you so much for keep us updated. I have been reading this thread with a lot of trepidation. My grandbaby is due Jan. 25, 2019 with many of the same heart problems that Caleb has...VSD, Coarctation of the Aorta and Aortic Valve Stenosis. I am praying daily for Caleb and maybe it's for selfish reasons but it's giving me hope.
    Josie
    we'll be inprayer for this and all those involved - praying that what ever is sent will be much less than originally thought and that your grandchild will be under the very best possible care.

please keep us updated on any new developments - and if this was posted earlier, i am so sorry that i missed it.

wondering where the baby will be and asking that as soon as they have a name we are all advised so that out prayers can be made specific. even though HE knows all the needs I've always felt that specificity in prayer is jet fuel for their trip upward . . .
    RM

UPDATE:
    12:48"rewarming his heart; sounds like possibly finishing up? So far so good."

sounds quick to me if that's the case -praying mightly that we'll get very good news

praying mightly that we'll get very good news
    Not alone in praying I might add.

Caleb in palm of God's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    UPDATE:
    12:48"rewarming his heart; sounds like possibly finishing up? So far so good."

sounds quick to me if that's the case -praying mightily that we'll get very good news
    Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    Not alone in praying I might add.

Caleb in palm of God's hand.
    AMEN - and an interesting word picture as well brother v . . . when I got the news that Caleb was on the heart lung machine I immediately saw in my minds eye a baby in a large pair of hands smiling up to Jesus who was smiling down at him.

thank you for the prayers - ALL OF YOU

UPDATE:
    2:16 Just got word that he is off the bypass and his little heart is beating strong on its own. I believe they are closing in on finishing and installing chest tubes currently.

THANK YOU FATHER!
    praying now for encouraging postoperative words from the surgical team . . . .

One step at a time. This is great news, so far...

Summerthyme

Very encouraging news.

Praying the good news continues for this dear baby and his family.

G-d protect Caleb.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Josie
    we'll be inprayer for this and all those involved - praying that what ever is sent will be much less than originally thought and that your grandchild will be under the very best possible care.

please keep us updated on any new developments - and if this was posted earlier, i am so sorry that i missed it.

wondering where the baby will be and asking that as soon as they have a name we are all advised so that out prayers can be made specific. even though HE knows all the needs I've always felt that specificity in prayer is jet fuel for their trip upward . . .
    RM
    You didn't miss any posting, Raggedyman. I've been a little quiet about it probably because "just in case..." Hopefully DD can keep my grandbaby in as long as possible and the baby will have more time to develop it lungs a bit better. I have no idea of a name or even a sex for this child. DD wanted one good surprise for the delivery day! (Sure makes Grandma shopping difficult!) The baby will be born at St. Mary's in St. Louis and immediately transferred to Cardinal Glennon Children's hospital in St. Louis. My SIL is freaking out that he won't be able to get her to the hospital in time. They live an hour and a half away. I am freaking out because my job is to take care of the older two boys and will I be able to get there, an hour away over rural roads in January. (Please Lord, no snow!)

Go Caleb! We are all pulling for you little one! It's amazing how much fight these littlest people have in them!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

UPDATE: OUT OF SURGERY

4:27 Direct from the father . . .

He is out of surgery and in the recovery room. I just talked to the surgeon that did Caleb's surgery. He said that things went as well as could be expected. No complications, however the trans located coronary artery was extremely small. And he had to reconstruct his pulmonary artery where it was originally located. He will have an extremely difficult week ahead of him, but he was happy with how things went. His chest is still open and will be for the next few days.

good news! thank you LORD!

prayers of thanksgiving for this favorable outcome and continuing prayers for this child's well being and safe passage through the week ahead

heartfelt thanks to all who have prayed so hard for this little boy - please continue to hold him up!
    RM

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    You didn't miss any posting, Raggedyman. I've been a little quiet about it probably because "just in case..." Hopefully DD can keep my grandbaby in as long as possible and the baby will have more time to develop it lungs a bit better. I have no idea of a name or even a sex for this child. DD wanted one good surprise for the delivery day! (Sure makes Grandma shopping difficult!) The baby will be born at St. Mary's in St. Louis and immediately transferred to Cardinal Glennon Children's hospital in St. Louis. My SIL is freaking out that he won't be able to get her to the hospital in time. They live an hour and a half away. I am freaking out because my job is to take care of the older two boys and will I be able to get there, an hour away over rural roads in January. (Please Lord, no snow!)

Go Caleb! We are all pulling for you little one! It's amazing how much fight these littlest people have in them!
    prayers that your daughter carries to term and all goes well developmentally Josie. CGH is a great hospital - my sister Denise worked as a surgical nurse in the SSM system - briefly at CGH and then subsequently at DePaul in St Louis. we lost her to Uterine CA in Feb '16. St Loius can get some big snow that time of year - spent almost 5 years there in the mid 70's.we'll be praying it stays dry for you all!

URGENT UPDATE: BACK INTO SURGERY

5:37 from my son

they just took Caleb back to the OR as he is losing blood and they aren’t sure where from, so they need to go in and investigate and find out. Will send updates when I get them.

praying hard for you little boy - be strong - may the LORD hold you in his hands

UPDATE: OUT OF SURGERY

4:27 Direct from the father . . .

He is out of surgery and in the recovery room. I just talked to the surgeon that did Caleb's surgery. He said that things went as well as could be expected. No complications, however the trans located coronary artery was extremely small. And he had to reconstruct his pulmonary artery where it was originally located. He will have an extremely difficult week ahead of him, but he was happy with how things went. His chest is still open and will be for the next few days.

good news! thank you LORD!

prayers of thanksgiving for this favorable outcome and continuing prayers for this child's well being and safe passage through the week ahead

heartfelt thanks to all who have prayed so hard for this little boy - please continue to hold him up!
    RM
    Thank You Lord!! Will continue lifting Caleb up to the Father!
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

((( hang on Caleb)))

URGENT UPDATE: BACK INTO SURGERY

5:37 from my son

they just took Caleb back to the OR as he is losing blood and they aren’t sure where from, so they need to go in and investigate and find out. Will send updates when I get them.

praying hard for you little boy - be strong - may the LORD hold you in his hands

ALL - I am RaggedyMan’s son, thank you so much for you support and prayer.. I will try to post here directly with updates if I can, especially these urgent ones as they need your prayers and attention sooner rather than later! Thank you Thea k you thank you for all you guys are doing. And Chad (my Lieutenant, and father of Caleb) is very thankful for the tremendous support. I will keep you all posted one way or another. He has a long road ahead!

UPDATE:
    10:16 from my son Dave:
    Caleb has been stabilized and the bleeding has stopped.

thats all that I have at this point Dave (FTM-PTB) is on shift - haven't been able to reach him despite several calls.
    continuing to pray for this little man and his family. I can't imagine the anguish they are going through

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    One step at a time. This is great news, so far...

Summerthyme
    Amen!
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Thankful to hear that he is stable now! Praying for no more set-backs and that God will strengthen and heal him. Also, praying for all involved -- that has to be beyond stressful!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Thank you Lord that little Caleb is hanging on!! Please, if it is your will Lord, guide the surgeons and all who are caring for him the skill to fix and repair and please enable this little one to make it Lord!! We thank you Heavenly Father...
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

an incredible post Kathy - thanks for sharing what you have with us concerning your loss. there can be none who are in a better position to appreciate the potentials and ramifications surrounding Caleb than those parents who have lost their own children. and thanks so much for lending such clarity to the WISDOM of being in prayer that the will of GOD be done - difficult for mere mortals who understand the WEIGHT of that particular prayer request as they are making it

thank you for your prayers
    Thank you, Raggedyman.

I’m writing this response in the middle of a brutal storm. The power is out (and has been for several hours) in many places, and I know that few are prepared, and it is freezing here in the north country. I’m praying for their survival. Trees have been uprooted and now litter the roads and highways, and there are many people who can’t make it home.

As I look out of the window of our RV at the raging winds and surging waterfalls, my mind returns quickly to Caleb and all of the storms in life, and how helpless we often feel when we are caught up in the vortex.

We cannot control the wind, but we are allowed to petition The One Who can. I’m praying for a peaceful susidance of two storms tonight - Caleb’s, and ours, and peace, God’s Peace for those of us enduring them.

As always, I am grateful that we are clasped in The Master’s Hand.

May God Bless you all this night.

Kathy.
    Chasing rainbows across an empty sky
    The sun is fading before our very eyes
    See the darkness as it creeps up from behind
    We can no longer say we’re blind.

UPDATE:
    2:16 Just got word that he is off the bypass and his little heart is beating strong on its own. I believe they are closing in on finishing and installing chest tubes currently.

THANK YOU FATHER!
    praying now for encouraging postoperative words from the surgical team . . . .
    Praise Jesus! \0/ my continued prayers for baby Caleb
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

UPDATE:
    10:16 from my son Dave:
    Caleb has been stabilized and the bleeding has stopped.

thats all that I have at this point Dave (FTM-PTB) is on shift - haven't been able to reach him despite several calls.
    continuing to pray for this little man and his family. I can't imagine the anguish they are going through
    GLAD THEY GOT THE BLEEDING STOPPED!! CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR CALEB FOR HEALING. AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthNomads View Post
    Thank you, Raggedyman.

I’m writing this response in the middle of a brutal storm. The power is out (and has been for several hours) in many places, and I know that few are prepared, and it is freezing here in the north country. I’m praying for their survival. Trees have been uprooted and now litter the roads and highways, and there are many people who can’t make it home.

As I look out of the window of our RV at the raging winds and surging waterfalls, my mind returns quickly to Caleb and all of the storms in life, and how helpless we often feel when we are caught up in the vortex.

We cannot control the wind, but we are allowed to petition The One Who can. I’m praying for a peaceful susidance of two storms tonight - Caleb’s, and ours, and peace, God’s Peace for those of us enduring them.

As always, I am grateful that we are clasped in The Master’s Hand.

May God Bless you all this night.

Kathy.
    Kathy
    thank you for another incredibly lucid word picture of FAITH and its importance in our lives.

no further word on Caleb this morning - the "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS" adage comes to mind. I know Dave was on shift last night - they had to be very busy for him not to have gotten back with updates.

more as it becomes available.

RM

We are still praying.

Susan

Thank you Lord! Caleb is young, stable and all his bones are in the same room. With a little more of the Lord's help may he grow into a strong and healthy adult and leave all this trial behind him. We pray Lord.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Continued prayer for Caleb's healing and peace of mind for his family.

Best regards
    Doc

Thank you, RM!

Our storm here subsided with no injuries at all, which is remarkable considering the amount of structural damage sustained. I *know* we were given Help!

When I awoke today, I couldn’t help but smile as I thought of Caleb. I am not a prophet, but I felt last night and still feel now that the storm here was linked to him in a way that is beyond my ability to articulate. I believe that Caleb will win his struggle. I hope (and pray) that I am right.

Blessings!

Kathy.
    Chasing rainbows across an empty sky
    The sun is fading before our very eyes
    See the darkness as it creeps up from behind
    We can no longer say we’re blind.

Still in prayer for Caleb.
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthNomads View Post
    Thank you, RM!

Our storm here subsided with no injuries at all, which is remarkable considering the amount of structural damage sustained. I *know* we were given Help!

When I awoke today, I couldn’t help but smile as I thought of Caleb. I am not a prophet, but I felt last night and still feel now that the storm here was linked to him in a way that is beyond my ability to articulate. I believe that Caleb will win his struggle. I hope (and pray) that I am right.

Blessings!

Kathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Still in prayer for Caleb.
    thanks so much for the continuing prayers!

I don't have much more in the way of additional updates at this time other than to say that Caleb is stable. for that we are very thankful. we've been told this is going to be a long journey for him - the first steps of which were just taken.

Good morning everyone

Just wanted to share a quick update. Haven’t heard anything yet today however we met with the family yesterday and took them out for lunch to get them out. Caleb’s chest was sewn up yesterday and all is going well. There is currently some concern about kidney function due to low output however that was yesterday, so I’m not sure where we stand today. I can’t stress enough how much we appreciate your prayers and stories of encouragement. I will keep you all posted as I know many of you are turkey vested in Caleb’s outcome.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by FTM-PTB; 12-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.

UPDATE:

literally seconds after posting...... latest words from Chad - “Kidneys are functioning perfectly now. Drain is lessened from the chest tubes. Things are looking good so far.”

Glory be to God. This little guy in one heck of a fighter! Who isn’t tho, when you’ve got Jesus on your team!

Continued Prayers and Thanks Offered Up.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

UPDATE:
    Straight from Chad,

“Caleb's eyes are open and hes able to hold my finger! The drs just did rounds on him. Lots of changes today. His kidney function is much improved from yesterday. Hes making lots of pee now so his Foley cath will be removed along with 1 arterial line in his leg, both chest tubes, 1 of the meds that's making him pee a lot, and the little probe on his forehead will be gone today too! He is about to get some albumin to increase his volume because some of his labs are a little off but lots of progress from yesterday.”
    Attached Images

That precious little hand is a beautiful sight to see......thank you God!!!

Praise God! I haven't posted before now but have looked for updates every day.

Keep praying for Caleb, the doctors and, most of all, the parents. Why the parents? Not only do they need strength, hope and wisdom - they are the most influential in his life. Pray that they truly come to know Jesus and His infinite love for all of them. Continue to be the light of Jesus in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by FTM-PTB View Post
    UPDATE:
    Straight from Chad,

“Caleb's eyes are open and hes able to hold my finger! The drs just did rounds on him. Lots of changes today. His kidney function is much improved from yesterday. Hes making lots of pee now so his Foley cath will be removed along with 1 arterial line in his leg, both chest tubes, 1 of the meds that's making him pee a lot, and the little probe on his forehead will be gone today too! He is about to get some albumin to increase his volume because some of his labs are a little off but lots of progress from yesterday.”

thanks be to GOD!!! prayers of thanksgiving going up!!! thanks for the updates Dave - we appreciate them so much! that picture of him holding Chads finger is incredibly encouraging!