Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Baby Caleb – cardiac problems (update post #359)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Praying. Bless his heart!

Kathy.
    Chasing rainbows across an empty sky
    The sun is fading before our very eyes
    See the darkness as it creeps up from behind
    We can no longer say we’re blind.

God bless the little man and give the family that Peace that passeth all understanding. AMEN
    B 4 1 502

One's Perceived Valor is greatly enhanced by a Keyboard......Me.

Hello Raggedyman,

Thank you so much for these updates.

Continuing to pray for dear Caleb, his doctors, and his parents.

G-d is always good. We thank Him for His loving kindness.

May Caleb's parents feel G-d's tender mercies.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Continuing prayers for little Caleb, and his family to see the power and love of God.
    Praise God!
    Susan

Prayers continue here for little Caleb.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Praise God. Our God is so wonderful.
    Will continue to pray for Caleb and
    family.

RM, that’s a great update. So glad to hear of Caleb’s progress and your son’s testimony!

Raggedyman, as you know, I've been praying the Holy Rosary for Caleb every morning since your request.

A very curious thing started happening when I pray with him in my intentions and I thought you might find this fascinating.

For those of you who are not Catholic, this is not praying to the Blessed Mother, but asking her for her intercession with her Son for your request that it be heard by her Son and by our Lord.

It's trying to cover all bases by asking her to mention your prayer to our Lord Jesus Christ. That's all but very powerful.

So you don't need to be Catholic in order to pray the Hail Mary's.

Anyway, when I pray, it's deeply and so much so that in my mind's eye, I am standing next to Caleb's hospital crib. It's so real that it's more than like a lucid dream.

So when I pray for the intercession for Caleb, I had noticed a woman standing to my left and in the background. She comes up next to me and smiles a smile of so much love.

She is wearing something close to what I see as depicted in our Roman Catholic churches but her robe is different and is very beautiful.

She emanates a beautiful and warm golden glow.

She comes up to me, puts her hand on my forearm and her eyes say, "Thank you" but not with words. The golden glow now engulfs me.

And then she moves over to in front of Caleb's hospital crib and lays her right hand gently on Caleb and looks down at him with so much love in her eyes that it just makes you want to break out in tears.

Once she lays her hand on him, he is fully engulfed in a most Brilliant golden glow. Like it immerses his whole body. Very bright golden glow like electricity.

He looks up at her as if he has always known Her.

It's always the same when I pray for Caleb.

So out of curiosity, I googled different images of the Blessed Mother and I found wearing what I see when I pray!

It is Our Lady of Guadalupe! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Guadalupe

Now, I am not familiar with the images the Mexicans have concerning their Catholic churches and being Catholic, most people would think I should be familiar but I was not.

So I thought I would just share that the Blessed Mother that I encounter in my prayers is the same one depicted as Our Lady of Guadalupe. V

Vessie, I believe it’s safe to say that your prayers have been heard. I’m not Catholic, but God doesn’t care about denominational ‘labels,’ and neither do I. God reads/hears/listens to ‘The thoughts and intentions of your heart.’
    I have had many experiences similar to yours.

May God Bless you!

Kathy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthNomads View Post
    Vessie, I believe it’s safe to say that your prayers have been heard. I’m not Catholic, but God doesn’t care about denominational ‘labels,’ and neither do I. God reads/hears/listens to ‘The thoughts and intentions of your heart.’

May God Bless you!

Kathy.
    Thank you Kathy and God Bless you too!

Thank you for confirmation that you've shared similar experiences! V

Still praying for all. Prayer is very powerful.

WHAT AN AWESOME UPDATE! CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR CALEB, AND HIS PARENTS. AMEN!

sorry we're in here so late tonight - its been an incredibly long day. here is the latest on Caleb:

From our son late in the afternoon today:

Spoke with (the father) this morning; Caleb had a tough day with the vent yesterday and today - primarily due to efforts to wean him from it.

Then later in the afternoon: They've noted small amounts of troponin (a specific type of protein, normally ABSENT in the blood - the presence of which suggests possible damage to heart muscle). If troponin levels continue to rise they will need to be more aggressive than they have been – something will need to be done sooner than later.

So – there are some changes here - perhaps some issues arising that will force a bit more aggressive intervention earlier than original planned. Time to double down on our prayers; for Caleb obviously and for his care givers – that they be guided and directed by the great physician - and for Calebs parents that their faith continue to grow.

Amen

The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles Psalm 34:17 (KJV)
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Just read your newest update and will pray for Caleb right now!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Prayers sent....

thanks again to all who have prayed for this little boy. he's had a bit of a tuff time these past 36 hrs but GOD has a plan and our job is simple - to BELIEVE and to PRAY

Vessie
    you may not know but I was raised Catholic - I am completely familiar with what you are describing - and I fully believe what you have experienced. I would also like to agree completely with what Kathy has to say about it (below)

Vessie, I believe it’s safe to say that your prayers have been heard. I’m not Catholic, but God doesn’t care about denominational ‘labels,’ and neither do I. God reads/hears/listensodreads/hears/listens to ‘The thoughts and intentions of your heart

May God Bless you!

Kathy.
    thank you ALL for your prayers. I FULLY BELIEVE Caleb is being used to bring the parents back into the fold.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

latest updates for Caleb – SURGERY TOMORROW -

from our son this morning:
    Just got an update saying the cardiologists scheduled a meeting with (the father) for noon today.. and all he knows is that a surgery is now schedule for tomorrow. at this point we don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Will know more shortly.

Later this afternoon (from the father):

Caleb has not been able to be weaned off the ventilator. His lung issues continue and it is making things difficult for the doctors here. They are doing repeat troponins every day to monitor how his heart is being perfused. He is showing some signs of possible infarction due to how his coronary artery is attached to his pulmonary artery. As I've said before, none of the doctors have ever seen anything like his anatomy before, so they contacted their colleagues at John's Hopkins and Sinai to consult with them. Out of all of those doctors, none of them have ever seen this either. Caleb's heart is truly one of a kind. His doctors have made a decision to take him to surgery tomorrow to try to repair his coronary artery and attach it to where it should be. It is a major surgery and an extremely risky procedure. The thought process of is to be proactive instead of reactive. They know that if they wait for this surgery, Caleb will have a heart attack at some point, when that could happen no one would ever be able to predict. So they are going to do this to prevent that from happening. To say that I am nervous about this would be an understatement. I am terrified.

so – we learn more about the anatomic puzzle that is Caleb's cardio pulmonary system again today. Remember - here's a child born with a profoundly underdeveloped R lung – so much so, that they considered removing it shortly after his birth. An aortic arch that is severely narrowed and restricting blood flow; an incomplete L heart – and - a hole in what there is of his L heart. Today we learn that his coronary artery is attached to his pulmonary artery (??) and that docs from around the country have NEVER SEEN anything quite like this before.

Something happened today - and I fully believe I was supposed to see it . . .

I came in today at the tail end of a story running on the local evening news. A preteen girl had been diagnosed with a very aggressive tumor involving her brain stem. The parents had taken her everywhere; she'd been seen by the best neurosurgeons and the most prestigious teaching institutions in the country. Universally the parent's were told the tumor was inoperable; that there was NO HOPE for their daughter, that their daughter would eventually succumb from the effects of the tumor's pressing on the brain stem adversly affecting vital functions. the parents were told TO PRAY – and so - THEY DID. And GOD HEALED that girl. MR images were shown for all of us out here in TV land to see . . . the before "HERE IT IS TODAY" immage, next to the after "WHERE IS IT NOW" image. The doctors had NO EXPLANATION for the girls miraculous recovery.

It was GODS WILL that this young girl be healed – and so she was. We have NO IDEA what GODS plan for Caleb is – but – there is a purpose for this journey and something will come from it. the most difficult prayer we'll ever pray is for "GODS will to be done" but that's what's needed now.

As of right now Caleb is scheduled for surgery tomorrow – and Caleb and all those around him, need us now more than ever. all who can and will please hold this child, his parents and his care givers up to the LORD.
    may the LORDS WILL BE DONE FOR CALEB

thank you
    RM

The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles Psalm 34:17 (KJV)

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much James 5:16 (KJV)
    Last edited by Raggedyman; 12-19-2018 at 08:08 PM.

III

We'll keep praying!

Summerthyme

Have they talked to the cardiologists at Rainbow Babies and Children's at University Hospitals-Case in Cleveland...
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Still praying, and weeping.

Doubling down on prayers.

Prayers for Celeb, his family, his doctors/nurses/techs, and all who love him. Praying for peace and comfort, and healing. My heart goes out to all.

Continued prayers.
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Praying for baby Caleb and his family and friends.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

something else just in from Caleb's father . . .

FB post about tomorrow.

I dont know if I'm going to be able to find all the right words to get through this post, so bare with me. As most know, my son Caleb Reed was born 5 weeks early on Nov 29th. Savanna and I were well aware that he would be born with a heart defect that would need surgery, but beyond that we didn't quite know what else to expect. On Dec 10th, the cardiologists that have been taking care of him at Arnold Palmer hospital decided to do a heart cath on him to better understand his anatomy. What they discovered was perplexing and extremely important. Caleb had not 1 heart defect, but 3 and an underdeveloped right lung with another rare defect to it. The doctors here had to come up with another game plan for him. They contacted multiple institutions (John's Hopkins, Cedars Sinai) with very well respected surgeons and cardiologists and they have all come up with a plan to fix Caleb. Tomorrow at 7 am we will take the first step on a long road with Caleb's first open heart surgery. It is a risky and very lengthy procedure that has the potential for us to lose him. I am terrified and hopeful at the same time for what's to come. I have cried many tears and lost countless hours of sleep over this experience. But I know that we have the best doctors, nurses, and staff at this hospital taking care of Caleb. And we have some of the best friends and family on the planet supporting us. I can't even being to name the hundreds of people that have helped us through this difficult time. Those of you reading this know who you are and from the bottom of our hearts, Thank you. No matter what happens tomorrow, I know that we will make it through this because of all of you. Please continue to pray for my baby boy.

I can not even begin to imagine the anguish of these parents.

Merciful FATHER please hold this child in your hand. guide the hands of those who will work so carefully to save what you've given those who love this child so much. we understand that YOU may have plans for this situation that are very different than ours; we understand that your perfect will may not line up with our wishes Father. we also know that YOU have the ability to completely change circumstances here overnight FATHER. we pray that all this be done and accomplished according to your will. and we pray these things in JESUS name
    AMEN
    Attached Images

III

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    latest updates for Caleb – SURGERY TOMORROW -

Just got an update saying the cardiologists scheduled a meeting with (the father) for noon today.. and all he knows is that a surgery is now schedule for tomorrow. at this point we don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Will know more shortly.

Later this afternoon (from the father):

[I]Caleb has not been able to be weaned off the ventilator. His lung issues continue and it is making things difficult for the doctors here. They are doing repeat troponins every day to monitor how his heart is being perfused. He is showing some signs of possible infarction due to how his coronary artery is attached to his pulmonary artery. As I've said before, none of the doctors have ever seen anything like his anatomy before, so they contacted their colleagues at John's Hopkins and Sinai to consult with them. Out of all of those doctors, none of them have ever seen this either. Caleb's heart is truly one of a kind. His doctors have made a decision to take him to surgery tomorrow to try to repair his coronary artery and attach it to where it should be. It is a major surgery and an extremely risky procedure. The thought process of is to be proactive instead of reactive. They know that if they wait for this surgery, Caleb will have a heart attack at some point, when that could happen no one would ever be able to predict. So they are going to do this to prevent that from happening. To say that I am nervous about this would be an understatement. I am terrified.

so – we learn more about the anatomic puzzle that is Caleb's cardio pulmonary system again today. Remember - here's a child born with a profoundly underdeveloped R lung – so much so, that they considered removing it shortly after his birth. An aortic arch that is severely narrowed and restricting blood flow; an incomplete L heart – and - a hole in what there is of his L heart. Today we learn that his coronary artery is attached to his pulmonary artery (??) and that docs from around the country have NEVER SEEN anything quite like this before.
    Hope this helps with the "???" ---

How the heart is SUPPOSED to look:

Another image of the Coronary and Pulmonary arteries:

The Coronary arteries (there are more than one) are supposed to carry oxygenated (oxygen-rich) blood TO the heart muscle ITSELF.

As the diagram shows, they are SUPPOSED to branch off from the AORTA, NOT from the Pulmonary Artery.

The Pulmonary artery is channeling USED blood (blood that has already "dropped-off" its shipment of oxygen TO the body tissues) which is now on its way BACK TO the LUNGS to pick up a NEW load of oxygen---in other words, oxygen-depleted blood.

By the coronary and pulmonary arteries being connected to ONE ANOTHER, neither this baby's heart nor the REST of his body is getting ENOUGH oxygen to survive (plus he's missing one lung to begin with, so not getting enough oxygen to supply his body's needs to start with). So in his heart oxygen-rich and oxygen-depleted blood that are NEVER supposed to mix ARE mixing, and the result is that NONE of his tissues are getting enough oxygen--particularly his heart.

Another diagram:
    Attached Images
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Prayers, blessings and strength

I am continuing to pray!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    something else just in from Caleb's father . . .

FB post about tomorrow.

I dont know if I'm going to be able to find all the right words to get through this post, so bare with me. As most know, my son Caleb Reed was born 5 weeks early on Nov 29th. Savanna and I were well aware that he would be born with a heart defect that would need surgery, but beyond that we didn't quite know what else to expect. On Dec 10th, the cardiologists that have been taking care of him at Arnold Palmer hospital decided to do a heart cath on him to better understand his anatomy. What they discovered was perplexing and extremely important. Caleb had not 1 heart defect, but 3 and an underdeveloped right lung with another rare defect to it. The doctors here had to come up with another game plan for him. They contacted multiple institutions (John's Hopkins, Cedars Sinai) with very well respected surgeons and cardiologists and they have all come up with a plan to fix Caleb. Tomorrow at 7 am we will take the first step on a long road with Caleb's first open heart surgery. It is a risky and very lengthy procedure that has the potential for us to lose him. I am terrified and hopeful at the same time for what's to come. I have cried many tears and lost countless hours of sleep over this experience. But I know that we have the best doctors, nurses, and staff at this hospital taking care of Caleb. And we have some of the best friends and family on the planet supporting us. I can't even being to name the hundreds of people that have helped us through this difficult time. Those of you reading this know who you are and from the bottom of our hearts, Thank you. No matter what happens tomorrow, I know that we will make it through this because of all of you. Please continue to pray for my baby boy.

I can not even begin to imagine the anguish of these parents.

Merciful FATHER please hold this child in your hand. guide the hands of those who will work so carefully to save what you've given those who love this child so much. we understand that YOU may have plans for this situation that are very different than ours; we understand that your perfect will may not line up with our wishes Father. we also know that YOU have the ability to completely change circumstances here overnight FATHER. we pray that all this be done and accomplished according to your will. and we pray these things in JESUS name
    AMEN
    Oh my baby Caleb is beautiful! My continued prayers for him!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Deep in prayer

We’ll be praying!

Little Caleb, Bless his heart, has brought so many of us together and we all feel a profound sense of LOVE for this baby boy.

Years ago, when I used to pray for God’s Will to be done, I did so with trepidation. I don’t feel that way anymore, and haven’t for decades, because I know that Our Father knows what He is doing and he loves us more than we are capable of fathoming. So, I don’t fear the Will of God, but I would hate to operate outside of it.

We may not always understand God’s choices, but we can rest assured that they are always for our benefit.

DH and I have buried three sons, and I wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone, so I’m still selfish enough to fervently hope that our prayers for Caleb’s healing *is* God’s Will. After all, Caleb is God’s son too.

I pray for God’s Peace to be with Caleb’s family tonight and through tomorrow’s surgery.

Kathy.
    Last edited by TrueNorthNomads; 12-20-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Praying too for Caleb, his doctors, his dad and mom. May they feel the Lords presence.

Dear, dear sweet baby. G-d protect him. Amen.
    "Apres la Guerre."

He headed back to surgery at 8:00 am. Will let you know any updates

hey - take a look at the picture over the L shoulder of the doc in front - notice the sign on the wall there? we can't see it ALL but we can see ENOUGH . . . it says:

CONGRATULATIONS
    To The Congenital Heart ???
    Ranked #1In The ???

Caleb is right where GOD wants him - and - it certainly appears under the best of all possible circumstances. praying mightily for this child and that GODS will be done.
    Attached Images

III

From post 145:

Please continue to pray for my baby boy.

There is one fundamental truth in the universe: THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS IN A FOXHOLE. I hope that things come out okay in the end, and he finds God's truth.

Caleb has not left my mind nor my prayers since reading this thread.

Praying MIGHTILY this morning. "God's Will"
    My Message to the Fake Stream Media......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSy-6VqIww

We’ll be praying!

Little Caleb, Bless his heart, has brought so many of us together and we all feel a profound sense of LOVE for this baby boy.

Years ago, when I used to pray for God’s Will to be done, I did so with trepidation. I don’t feel that way anymore, and haven’t for decades, because I know that Our Father knows what He is doing and he loves us more than we are capable of fathoming. So, I don’t fear the Will of God, but I would hate to operate outside of it.

We may not always understand God’s choices, but we can rest assured that they are always for our benefit.

DH and I have buried three sons, and I wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone, so I’m still selfish enough to fervently hope that our prayers for Caleb’s healing *is* God’s Will. After all, Caleb is God’s son too.

I pray for God’s Peace to be with Caleb’s family tonight and through tomorrow’s surgery.

Kathy.
    an incredible post Kathy - thanks for sharing what you have with us concerning your loss. there can be none who are in a better position to appreciate the potentials and ramifications surrounding Caleb than those parents who have lost their own children. and thanks so much for lending such clarity to the WISDOM of being in prayer that the will of GOD be done - difficult for mere mortals who understand the WEIGHT of that particular prayer request as they are making it

thank you for your prayers

III

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Caleb has not left my mind nor my prayers since reading this thread.

Praying MIGHTILY this morning. "God's Will"
    thank you boss and BE

III

(((Caleb))) - be strong, little man.
    I've thrown my back out trying to kiss my ass goodbye.

(((Caleb)))) Praying for you!!! Be strong little man, be strong.....
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Prayers continue for Caleb..
    Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote. - William E. Simon