Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Baby Caleb – cardiac problems (update post #359)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Adding my Prayers.
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

JUST NOW SEEING THIS. PRAYERS FOR BABY CALEB FOR A MIRACLE HEALING, AND PRAYERS FOR HIS FAMILY AS THEY DEAL WITH THIS. AMEN!!!

to the MOD who updated the title of this thread - to reflect the update

I have just now noticed that and - I SINCERELY THANK YOU - who ever you are you have my permission to shorten the title further to this: URGENT prayer request 2 week old Caleb w/dire cardiac problems (UPDATE post #57) which should fit completely in the title line including the "UPDATE" notice.

I would also respectfully request that when you see an update you make the change in the thread title - if you'll PM me I will keep you informed of any updates as they come. I appreciate you
    RM
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

some GOOD NEWS and some background on Caleb:

there are "improvements the doctors can't explain" – but WE KNOW that prayers are being answered. Caleb has been fairly stable over the last 36 hrs. still on a ventilator but weaning – essentially now on "room air without Oxygen supplementation".

Friday the parents met with the docs and I'm told there was a lot of "stumbling over words" - apparently there are improvements that are "DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN". It seems that the narrowing in Caleb's aortic arch is normalizing and the hole in his heart is closing.There is another trip to the Cath Lab scheduled for Monday – more clarity will come from that to be sure - but the docs felt comfortable enough about the improvements seen to tell the parents that the previously anticipated 12 -14 hrs of surgery was likely going to be more in the 8 hour range.

some background:
    Caleb was born 11.29, the youngest of 5 children. Prenatal testing suggested "non specific developmental problems" initially. a bit later parents were told there would be cardiopulmonary issues - possibly severe enough that it may not be a viable pregnancy - likely HLHS on the severe end of the scale. at birth the situation appeared better than originally anticipated - but it soon became apparent Caleb hadn't been as fortunate as initially thought. Testing – I'm assuming his cardiac cath - revealed significant issues.

The parents are un-churched – I'm assuming agnostic. its been primarily our son and DIL who have been praying with them – pointing out the importance of FAITH and TRUSTING in the MERCY of GOD. they may be having difficulty claiming these gains - they are releasing these positive changes outside of a few that are very close to the situation -Calebs grand parents, son and DIL etc. the parents are seeing that as "not wanting to be disappointed should things head south" - something that's understandable given their world view.

WE know that GOD has intervened here – they are in the process of learning that – please keep praying for Caleb.
    RM
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    What an encouraging update!

Prayers continued for not only little Caleb, (you) his parents and even the Doctors to go from "stumbling over words" to, "Giving Glory to Our God!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Praise God from Whom all blessings flow ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post

Prayers continued for not only little Caleb, (you) his parents and even the Doctors to go from "stumbling over words" to, "Giving Glory to Our God!!!"
    AMEN and AMEN-

barring anything unforeseen, we're UN likely to get anything further in the way of updates until after Caleb's next trip to the cath lab . . . I'll do my best to keep this at "the top of the heap" here. I truly believe he's making progress and we ALL KNOW that's because GOD IS GOOD.

in my view its entirely possible that an entire family could come to the LORD through this - and perhaps that's the reason HE's permitted this to begin with.
    RM

Prayers were sent and I just offered another one for Caleb's continued and healthy convalescence and healing.

Best regards
    Doc

Prayers renewed for little Caleb. And for his parents.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Praising and praying. To God be the Glory.
    AKA bobinky, just an old coot livin' on a hillside in Kentucky.

Thanks for the update, especially a positive one. This has to be so hard on the other children as well. Prayers for all concerned.

Wonderful news! Prayers going up for a quick and full recovery. There are many ways God reveals himself to us. Wonder if this is God leading the family back to the way?
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post

Yep, amen to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    Wonderful news! Prayers going up for a quick and full recovery. There are many ways God reveals himself to us. Wonder if this is God leading the family back to the way?
    absolutely OGM . . . an interesting comment from DIL earlier today. Her bible study group has been praying for Caleb. Apparently. On hearing the news of Calebs improvement, and the docs "stumbling over words" earlier today one of the ladys in her bible study group had this comment:

”I've been praying for a miracle that can not be justified by science so they will come to the Lord. To God be the glory!!

thanks to all who have been praying mightly for this child

Thank you Raggedyman for posting Cableb's picture as it has helped me Immensely when I pray the rosary every morning with Caleb in my intentions and I keep his image in my mind the whole time! V

Praying!
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Praying for this precious baby and his family. Thanks be to God for his kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by vessie View Post
    Thank you Raggedyman for posting Cableb's picture as it has helped me Immensely when I pray the rosary every morning with Caleb in my intentions and I keep his image in my mind the whole time! V
    thank you vessie! that picture is very touching indeed. one of the things my son mentioned was that Caleb's father had mentioned he'd give anything to be able to hold his son - but he can't . . . sad

Thanks for the encouraging update, Raggedyman. It's also good to be reminded to keep the prayers going up.

Prayer continues for the sweet baby.

WHAT AN ENCOURAGING UPDATE! CONTINUED PRAYERS FOR BABY CALEB, AND FOR HIS FAMILY TO BELIEVE IN GOD!!! AMEN!

Prayers for Caleb and his parents. It was at one of the lowest points in my life 20 years ago that I came to know Jesus Christ as my Saviour and friend. It was also why we named our youngest son Caleb. I pray they turn to Him.
    Thank you for the update!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

bumping this for the evening crew; also to share that it was an interesting morning in church with several asking as we entered before the services for news on Caleb. we were able to give such an encouraging report and lots of folks gathered at the alter to pray for Caleb. You could feel the power in it.

asking that all who will - please remember little Caleb tomorrow as he goes for his repeat heart cath. We're expecting more miracles - and the view from the cath lab won't be denied . . .

straightstreet -
    your earlier post mentioned that your sons name was Caleb - that prompted me to take a look - here's what I found

from behind the name
    https://www.behindthename.com/bb/fact/175074

Many name books / websites list the meaning of CALEB as "Dog". However, a simple look in a Hebrew / English dictionary one will see that "dog" in Hebrew is CELEB, not CALEB. **Note** the first vowel is different.

CALEB is actually a compound word in Hebrew - something that is quite common in ancient Hebrew. Col (Cuf + Lamed) = all or whole. Lev (Lamed + Vet) = heart. Therefore, CALEB (or COLEV as pronounced in Hebrew) actually means "whole hearted".
    { an interesting name for a baby born with parts of his heart missing!}

Faithful could be another translation. However, if you read in the Hebrew Bible the exploits of CALEB (as in one of the twelve spies who went into Caanan Numbers 13:6 & 13:30), one will see that he wasn't simply faithful, but that he served the God of ISRAEL with his whole heart. IE: He was the first to speak up and say, "let's go and conquer this land," (paraphrased). It wasn't JOSHUA (the leader of the 12 spies), but CALEB who was encouraging Israel to follow God inspite of the opposition from the other 10 spies.

consider ^^THAT^^ and remember the parents here are unchurched unbelievers - agnostics - IS THAT GOD's purpose for Caleb in all of this? to bring his parents back to the LORD?

the ancient meaning of CALEB is: "whole hearted" . . . most interesting indeed!
    Last edited by Raggedyman; 12-16-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post

”I've been praying for a miracle that can not be justified by science so they will come to the Lord. To God be the glory!!

Sounds like God is answering this prayer! "can not be justified by science" -- awesome! Continued prayers for Caleb and family.
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Prayers said

from my son by email -

Quick update, limited conversation with (the father) today but he said Caleb had a “fair” day. They are having to constantly adjust his vent settings due to issues with gas exchange and retaining Co2.. I’m assuming it’s related to the R lung issue.(??) Otherwise he is still on track for another cath as far as I know. He also said they did another Echo and the narrowing of his aorta has become virtually non-existent in (the fathers) words.

Will keep you posted. thanks for all the prayers.

GOD IS GOOD

Still praying Bro.....

Giving thanks for the aorta improvement, and continuing prayers for a healing miracle. Yes, God is good!

Thank you for the update. Prayers continue for little Caleb.
    "I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    straightstreet -
    your earlier post mentioned that your sons name was Caleb - that prompted me to take a look - here's what I found

from behind the name
    https://www.behindthename.com/bb/fact/175074

Many name books / websites list the meaning of CALEB as "Dog". However, a simple look in a Hebrew / English dictionary one will see that "dog" in Hebrew is CELEB, not CALEB. **Note** the first vowel is different.

CALEB is actually a compound word in Hebrew - something that is quite common in ancient Hebrew. Col (Cuf + Lamed) = all or whole. Lev (Lamed + Vet) = heart. Therefore, CALEB (or COLEV as pronounced in Hebrew) actually means "whole hearted".
    { an interesting name for a baby born with parts of his heart missing!}

Faithful could be another translation. However, if you read in the Hebrew Bible the exploits of CALEB (as in one of the twelve spies who went into Caanan Numbers 13:6 & 13:30), one will see that he wasn't simply faithful, but that he served the God of ISRAEL with his whole heart. IE: He was the first to speak up and say, "let's go and conquer this land," (paraphrased). It wasn't JOSHUA (the leader of the 12 spies), but CALEB who was encouraging Israel to follow God inspite of the opposition from the other 10 spies.

consider ^^THAT^^ and remember the parents here are unchurched unbelievers - agnostics - IS THAT GOD's purpose for Caleb in all of this? to bring his parents back to the LORD?

the ancient meaning of CALEB is: "whole hearted" . . . most interesting indeed!
    Raggedyman, thank you for that it's wonderful the way our Father works!
    Baby Caleb is in my prayers!
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

Awesome update! Prayers still coming from my corner.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

here's the latest on Caleb –

apparently Caleb DID NOT make a trip to the cath lab today. what follows is an update sent directly from Caleb's father to our son and later to us. I think you will be amazed at what our GOD is doing with this child . . . remember - these are the words of Caleb's father:

Good morning all, just got out of participating in Caleb's morning rounds and wow, so much is changing for him! Overnight he did great, so they are continuing to work towards getting him off the vent. If all continues to go well, they're shooting for sometime on Wednesday, but they don't want to push him too hard.

Now for the big news. As you know Caleb's doctors have been closely monitoring the narrowing of his aorta since the day he was born with daily echo-cardiograms. The measurements they take are based on the amount of blood flow/pressure through the artery, with 0 being a normal reading. Before they discontinued the prostaglandin, Caleb was diagnosed with severe stenosis with a flow reading of 35. If not for the fact that his vitals were decent after birth, this would have been a dire emergency needing immediate surgery. Well, after much debate, hesitation, and anxiety, on day 15 the medicine keeping the hole in Caleb's heart open was discontinued. The expectation was that this could affect the flow in his aorta and possibly make it worse. The doctors closely monitored this and what happened was the exact opposite of what was expected. The flow reading dropped from 35 to 10 and the acuity level of the stenosis went from severe to moderate. According to the large team of cardiologists, this phenomenon has never been observed here and is unexplained. They have never heard of this condition getting better without surgical intervention.

With this news, they have had to completely rethink their treatment plan for Caleb. This has bought us some time to come up with options for fixing the other 3 problems hes has with his heart. Caleb still has a long way to go before being healed but this news has brought so much happiness to (the mother) and I. As one of the doctors cautioned me yesterday, this is a marathon that hasn't even started yet. Please continue to pray for my baby boy - its working!

pretty impressive words coming from an AGNOSTIC parent - please continue to pray for my baby boy "its working"

So those are Caleb's cardiac issues; I'm learning more about pulmonary issues which are also present. These involve the R lung which at birth was substantially undeveloped - and undeveloped to the degree that they considered REMOVING it completely. Tidal volume (think air in v air out) is roughly 45-50% of what it should be. I'm not clear if this is what it IS or what it WAS. That's all I know about it at present.

I also learned today that the parents are starting to "release" news of these improvements to others - something they'd been reluctant to do earlier - perhaps due to fear the tide would turn against them. I'm praying its the beginning of FAITH and of claiming the HEALING that's being given to their son.

Please continue to hold Caleb and his family up to the LORD. There are incredible gains being made! thanks be to GOD!

RM

((( Baby Caleb)))

Keep praying people!
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you for the updates.....Praising God for great improvements!! Keeping this little one in prayers.....and his parents too!
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    I absolutely LOVE to hear these small healing miracles which are not so small after all, Praise God!!!

I'm going to spend 40% of my time in prayer for Caleb and 60% of my time PRAISING GOD ALMIGHTY!!!
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!

I have been away for a couple weeks, due to a crapped out computer, and my wife's needing a pacemaker, and a stay in a convalescent facility. So this is the first day I have seen this thread, and am happy to be able to add my prayers and thanksgiving to this effort. (But, y'all have been having such success that I feel a bit like a hanger-on.)

It feels sooo good to be back here. Being stuck with MSM for three weeks has been terrible emotionally.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Garryowen View Post
    I have been away for a couple weeks, due to a crapped out computer, and my wife's needing a pacemaker, and a stay in a convalescent facility. So this is the first day I have seen this thread, and am happy to be able to add my prayers and thanksgiving to this effort. (But, y'all have been having such success that I feel a bit like a hanger-on.)

It feels sooo good to be back here. Being stuck with MSM for three weeks has been terrible emotionally.
    GO, I will add your wife to my prayers as well. Welcome back!
    Don't just go to church. BE THE CHURCH!