Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Unsolicited Phone Calls
+ Reply to Thread

Unsolicited Phone Calls

For several months... this SOB... who goes by the name of Joe... has been calling me in the middle of suppertime or thereabouts.

Tonight... I was tired and eating supper... alone... and the SOB called as always.

I let the phone ring through until it recorded and it went dead as it recognized the computer (phone) response.

Having been working in the cold all day and being alone in the absence of my beautiful bride of 40+ years I returned the call which was answered by some SOB who called himself Joe.

I sang “The Bird” to him until he broke over and laughed and then hung up on me.

It is strange to ever get a human on the phone but Joe was human and is probably bored with his job.

If you have the time and the free phone time...please call Joe (or whoever answers) at:

502 430 7477

I appreciate the help from my TB2K friends and, again, Joe is probably bored.

If you do not know the song.... it is The Bird

It is as follows:

Once again... call this number: 502 430 7477

The SOB has been wearing me out at suppertime and just may get the message if he is called on his shift from people from many areas.

Again 502 430 7477

Thanks in advance.

v

Is he calling you on your cellphone or a landline? If it’s your cell you can just block his number, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by samus79 View Post
    Is he calling you on your cellphone or a landline? If it’s your cell you can just block his number, problem solved.
    land line

(We have blocked him/her/them several times. You know that is only a temporary fix.)

Give him a call... he'll enjoy the Bird.

Why is blocking him only a temporary fix?

Keep in mind that most of these spam autodialers are spoofing the telephone numbers that show up on your caller ID display, so if you are calling the number back, you may be getting an innocent third party that has no idea that their number was being used to spoof with.

Many of them are spoofing random numbers with random area codes, but the smarter scammers are actually spoofing numbers with the same first six digits as yours (area code plus first three of the number) so that it REALLY looks like a local number is calling you.

And the problem is only getting worse.

And NEVER, NEVER press the "Opt-out" option on their recording as they will stop calling you from that spoofed number but they will start calling you like crazy from others since they know that you are wiling to listen to the recording and are human enough to hit a button in response.

Loup

(Ask yourself: What's in your Wallace?)

No phone, no unsolicited calls.

Or just let the answering machine get it and call back who you want.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Tom Mabe - Homicide

I have had my OWN number show up on the caller ID. Calling myself, riiight.

I just let it ring, every time. If it was important, the person will leave a message. Even dear old Mom gets to leave a message.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Loup answered all the comments/questions in the thread.

I normally let the answering machine answer all incoming calls but.... tonight I was tired and eating alone. I answered the phone only to f*** with the caller.

The SOBs call about 10 times each day so they all go to answering machine unless I happen to hear them and recognize the caller.

Blocking them is a waste of finger time.

No calls on cell phone.... only land line.

It has become "customary."

One can always turn off the ringer.(eventually)

Quote Originally Posted by LoupGarou View Post
    Keep in mind that most of these spam autodialers are spoofing the telephone numbers that show up on your caller ID display, so if you are calling the number back, you may be getting an innocent third party that has no idea that their number was being used to spoof with.

Many of them are spoofing random numbers with random area codes, but the smarter scammers are actually spoofing numbers with the same first six digits as yours (area code plus first three of the number) so that it REALLY looks like a local number is calling you.

And the problem is only getting worse.

And NEVER, NEVER press the "Opt-out" option on their recording as they will stop calling you from that spoofed number but they will start calling you like crazy from others since they know that you are wiling to listen to the recording and are human enough to hit a button in response.

Loup

The phone companies are working on fixing it so they cannot use someone else's phone number like that and better tracking in real time to locate these scammers so law enforcement can go after them.

I have to have a land line, no cell service, sucks. rob calls and other solictor calls were driving me nuts so I got an ATT land line phone with call screening.

works fantastic, when a new number calls they get a message that this phone has phone screening technology, say your name and press the # key. Most computerized calls are stopped right there as the robo call doesn't press the # key.
    If they get past that and press the # key and say their name the phone will ring and announce the name they used

I hear: ring ring "samantha at such and such" ring ring "samanantha at such and such" ring ring

then on the hand set I can answer it or send it to the answering machine or block it forever.

then on my caller ID and missed calls I can go though and add them to the allow list, block list, address list

I got this one because it works when the power is out
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-cl...?skuId=5800809

It's restored some sanity to my land line, and it works when the power is out but then it's just a regular phone

Quote Originally Posted by KFhunter View Post
    I have to have a land line, no cell service, sucks. rob calls and other solictor calls were driving me nuts so I got an ATT land line phone with call screening.

works fantastic, when a new number calls they get a message that this phone has phone screening technology, say your name and press the # key. Most computerized calls are stopped right there as the robo call doesn't press the # key.
    If they get past that and press the # key and say their name the phone will ring and announce the name they used

I hear: ring ring "samantha at such and such" ring ring "samanantha at such and such" ring ring

then on the hand set I can answer it or send it to the answering machine or block it forever.

then on my caller ID and missed calls I can go though and add them to the allow list, block list, address list

I got this one because it works when the power is out
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-cl...?skuId=5800809

It's restored some sanity to my land line, and it works when the power is out but then it's just a regular phone

I have to check this one out! Must have land line here, too, but am so sick of telemarketers. Got the first call 10 minutes after the phone co got the line turned on. Ridiculous!

Let's see. There's Rachel, Elizabeth, and a couple others I don't remember............

We are also sick of them. If the caller id doesn't say it's someone we know, we pick up then hang up. No hello, no nothing. Legitimate people business use legitimate numbers and you can see their name. The rest get the message...........

I don't want a cruise, a new warranty on my car and I don't do phone surveys. Period......

To all telemarketers....... Go away, we aren't talking to you.........

Oh and they got our cell phone number too. Not just the landline. Creeps..........

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Don't answer the phone. If they leave a message fine. Answering the phone for me is not important.

I let unknown numbers ring twice, then I pick up the hand set and put it right down, disconnecting the call. After a couple of times, I'm dropped from their computer. Tedious at first but I get very few robo calls now.

I usually press 1 and wait to speak with someone. After about 2 or 3 minutes of my time they are cussing me out and get pissed off and hang up.

You would be surprised what a Sand Nigger will say after you call them that. Down right rude.
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

When I had a land line I recorded the "disconnected/no longer in service tonal beeps" and inserted that into the initial opening of my voice message. Robo calls immediately hang up AND......take you off their call lists!!

This doesn't stop all of these annoying calls, but it does stop a good deal of them.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    When I had a land line I recorded the "disconnected/no longer in service tonal beeps" and inserted that into the initial opening of my voice message. Robo calls immediately hang up AND......take you off their call lists!!

This doesn't stop all of these annoying calls, but it does stop a good deal of them.
    That's a pretty cool idea. I have an old fax machine, that I let answer the phone sometimes, and after a couple attempts, the robo dialers will stop. For a while.
    The word RACIST, and the ability to debate race-related issues rationally, are the kryptonite of white common sense.

After the first one, the rest are free.

I've just flat quit answering my phone unless the caller ID says it's someone I know, OR I'm actually expecting a call from someone. And in the latter case, I check the number that shows on my phone.

The phone companies would be doing the world a huge service if they made spam calls impossible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    I have had my OWN number show up on the caller ID. Calling myself, riiight.

I just let it ring, every time. If it was important, the person will leave a message. Even dear old Mom gets to leave a message.
    We've had our own number call us too. Even with the Do Not Call list, they still call. If it's legit, they'll leave a message, if not, well.....