Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL House Democrats could revoke rule allowing lawmakers to have guns on Capitol grounds
+ Reply to Thread

House Democrats could revoke rule allowing lawmakers to have guns on Capitol grounds

House Democrats could revoke rule allowing lawmakers to have guns on Capitol grounds
    Kaitlyn Schallhorn
    3 minutes

Democrats could do away with a rule that allows lawmakers to bring firearms onto Capitol grounds – including in their offices – as they prepare to take control of the House next year.

Rep. Jared Huffman, D-Calif., has long wanted the rule changed, but now he said he has the support of potential House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, he told The Washington Post.

“I don’t think we can just keep looking the other way or sweep this issue under the rug,” Huffman told the publication. “Our political climate is too volatile and there are too many warning signs that we need to address things like this.”

According to The Washington Post, it’s up to the Capitol Police Board to determine regulation surrounding firearms on Capitol grounds. It previously established “nothing . . . shall prohibit any Member of Congress from maintaining firearms within the confines of his office or any Member of Congress or any employee or agent of any Member of Congress from transporting within the Capitol Grounds firearms unloaded and securely wrapped.”

Citing the politically-motivated 2017 shooting attack on Republican lawmakers and their staff – which left Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., seriously wounded – Huffman told the newspaper he has concerns someone would be able to gain access to a firearm legally kept in the Capitol and use it for a nefarious act.

“I hesitate to even put in print some of the scenarios that I worry the most about, because the truth is, the House chamber is a place where we occasionally have all of the most powerful government officials in the country gathered in one place,” he said.

Republican Rep. Thomas Massie, who chairs Second Amendment Caucus, chalked the proposed changes up to “theatrics.”

“It’s proposing to solve a problem that doesn’t exist,” he told The Washington Post. “[Pelosi’s] worried that members aren’t responsible enough to handle a firearm?”

In 2015, two Republican congressmen were criticized for posting a photo of the pair holding an AR-15 rifle while in the House.

Rep. Trey Gowdy said fellow Rep. Ken Buck had permission to have the “inoperable gun” in Buck’s office.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...apitol-grounds

Yeah, that'll help.....

I hesitate to even put in print some of the scenarios that I worry the most about

Why, it's a miracle the man can even get any sleep at night, or contain his urine long enough to get to the head.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    I hesitate to even put in print some of the scenarios that I worry the most about

Why, it's a miracle the man can even get any sleep at night, or contain his urine long enough to get to the head.
    Yeah and he's responsible for what weighty matters?...

So what about the sergeant at arms? This is someone as part of their job who is supposed to carry a weapon.
    Another gun free zone and just perfect for a mass killing waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    So what about the sergeant at arms? This is someone as part of their job who is supposed to carry a weapon.
    Another gun free zone and just perfect for a mass killing waiting to happen.
    Yeah, remember Ottawa?...

Law makers NOT law keepers......

Pelosi can keep her security, and so can any lawmaker, they just can't choose to protect themselves.

Time for the Republicans to learn to use crossbows......just to spite the Dems and their stupid rules. Won't get through the Senate anyway.
    True North Strong and Free

“It’s proposing to solve a problem that doesn’t exist,” he told The Washington Post. “[Pelosi’s] worried that members aren’t responsible enough to handle a firearm?”
    Why not, that is what they do to us. I'm surprised that they would do it to themselves, they normally exempt themselves, or maybe they fear, dare I say, really pissing off some Republican?

I can’t take one in a federal building; why should they be able to?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurane View Post
    Law makers NOT law keepers......

Pelosi can keep her security, and so can any lawmaker, they just can't choose to protect themselves.

Time for the Republicans to learn to use crossbows......just to spite the Dems and their stupid rules. Won't get through the Senate anyway.
    It doesn’t have to. It’s a House rule and doesn’t apply to the Senate. Nor is it a law.

I dont normally post but the upcoming dems control of the house is truly going to eff up this country more than anything we have ever seen.

The hatred for conservatives Christians 2nd amendment supporters limited .gov self sufficiency is at nothing like I've ever seen in my almost 50yrs on this big blue marble.

The brainwashing in the .gov sponsored (maybe directed I should say ) education from the 60s onward untill now has dramatically pushed us to this point.

And like many others here I think that within 10-20 years or less the numbers will be so stacked against us that the votes stolen will no longer need to be. The invasion of foreigners who purposely do not integrate into our society and absorb our culture/believe in the intent our founding fathers had for our country we will be screwed....

Unless........

A civil war happens......

And than may God help us all......

There is no guarantee we will prevail.

I've seen the horror and carnage that happens in that scenario and no one truly wins....and furthermore there is no way in my mind that the country once known for the God given rights of freedom come out ahead.......every pretty wannabe dictator will become known as they show their true selves.

Sadly I dont believe there is any other way.

Most likely I think we will see some form of balkanization.

If not full blown war....

Most likely culminating into mushroom clouds in the horizon........

Anyways best first thing to do is get right with God...
    Get on your knees and pray to Christ.....(yea....I'm a bitter clinger)

Than prep as best as funds allow....we're still a perp board right???????!!!!!???

Anyways...

As soon as I read the OP this video instantaneously popped in my head and I thought that I would share it

NOT SAFE FOR WORK SO BE ADVISED

Runtime 3min 45sec or so....

https://youtu.be/NUC2EQvdzmY

On my phone so please forgive any grammatical errors
    The storm clouds have gathered. Lightning is off in the distance. Can you hear the thunder? Have you prepared? Our time draws short.

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Yeah, remember Ottawa?...

Now that you brought it up, yes I do.

Packrat, your dog is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Packrat, your dog is beautiful.
    Thx Dennis.....sadly now he rests in a box in my safe with the rest of my most valued possessions in my home....

I used to breed and train GSD's......my father (God rest his soul) was a k-9 officer with the local sheriff's dept...

Now I only have a very neurotic drahthaar.
    He's my G/Fs dog......
    The storm clouds have gathered. Lightning is off in the distance. Can you hear the thunder? Have you prepared? Our time draws short.

Annie, Odin and Hermione are all in boxes on my coffee table. I see them every day. How I miss them.

we're still a perp board right???

If we weren't already, we will be soon
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

One of the best threads I have ever seen on the board,.....no wait....maybe one of my favorite threads was about a quick Wally world run for a 30 day emergency food supply....I'll see if I can find it in my files....

Might be a very old thread btw...

Not your thread, but this might be the source of the 30 day plan.
    http://www.ezekieldiet.com/400-30-da...-and-wal-mart/
    Also showed up on Hal Turner, stolen from there.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Razor sharpening while you wait - Occam
    If it works, it doesn't have enough features. - Windows 10 design philosophy.
    Forget the beer, I'm just here for the doom!
    Humans, just a tool for amino acids to make Swiss watches.

The commiecrats just want to disarm all the Republicans. Then, at a time of their choosing, they will pull out their guns, and shoot all Republicans

"No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

theirs had better be gone before they attempt to limit ours - hypocrite bastards and bitches that they are
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

They also need to adopt a formal dress code while they are at it. I suggest differing symbols for Dems and Repubs so that new members can figure out who is who. The Dems should have large distinctive adornments on their backs, as they are the majority and are thus more special and deserve the distinction.

RR

Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

If they do that, It should ban weapons of ALL kinds from ALL people including police, security and such.

WAB
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."---- Robert A. Heinlein

Remember, a disarmed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Remember, a disarmed society is a polite society.

Poor Heinlein must be rolling over in his grave.

Yes....Prophet of doom....that's the one....I haven't had the time to go through the laptop to find it but that's exactly what I was talking about....wow....I'm impressed..

And not much nowadays does...

It’s amazing the amount of crap between my ears.

I ask myself; "Why? Why would Democrats who never saw a restrictive gun law they didn't like all of a suddenly want to repeal this one?". If I were a Congressman; Republican, Libertarian or other party affiliation other than Democrat... I would be concerned, very concerned.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Old Gray Mare View Post
    I ask myself; "Why? Why would Democrats who never saw a restrictive gun law they didn't like all of a suddenly want to repeal this one?".
    Because the one they want to repeal is a permissive one, not a restrictive one. Was this a trick question?
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

They think that will work.......... as long as it's Republicans being shot at.