Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME FIRST INDICTMENTS UNSEALED: Clinton Foundation-Connected Bank Tied To Money Laundering
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FIRST INDICTMENTS UNSEALED: Clinton Foundation-Connected Bank Tied To Money Laundering

A lot of people are becoming dangerous to the Clintons.
    SS

' FIRST DOJ INDICTMENTS UNSEALED: Clinton Foundation-Connected Bank “Mossack Fonseca” Tied To Money Laundering
    Posted On : 5-December-2018 Published By : Charles Hunter Mason

WASHINGTON, DC – As reported by Courthouse News Service, Federal prosecutors announced charges this Tuesday against four men connected to the law firm “Mossack Fonseca”, which has extensive ties with the Clinton Foundation.

The charges, which include Conspiracy to Defraud the United States, Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud, Conspiracy to Commit Tax Evasion, Wire Fraud, and Money Laundering Conspiracy, come merely three years after the leak of the Panama Papers by the ICIJ, and pushed heavily by Wikileaks. The papers were received by the German newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung in 2015 from an anonymous source.

The charges line up with several of the sealed indictments requesting wiretaps, PRTT orders, and search warrants which were leaked by the DOJ recently and reported on by the Daily Crusader (see our full report on the DOJ’s leaked search warrant indictments: PART ONE HERE and PART TWO HERE)

This shows that Clinton Foundation may well be very close to being rolled up; these charges, while very serious, still do not explain some of the leaked PRTT/wiretap orders, such as the National Security orders, the drug trafficking orders, or the orders related to child trafficking or providing aid to foreign terrorist organizations.

The charges filed Tuesday lay out a scheme by which participants would hide their assets in foreign tax havens away from the prying eyes of US and other sovereign nations taxation authorities, presumably to avoid paying taxes and possibly to have assets available should they ever need to flee their respective home countries for their alleged treason.

Authorities have successfully arrested three of the four men; Dirk Brauer, a 54-year-old German investment advisor for Mossfon Asset Management; Richard Gaffey, a 74-year-old U.S. accountant; and Harald Joachim von der Goltz, an 81-year-old German-born client. Mossack Fonseca attorney Ramses Owens, a 50-year-old from Panama, remains at large.

The charges were all levied by U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman in the Southern District of New York, which FBIAnon heavily suggested in 2016 would be where the Clinton Foundation would be taken down.

In a statement, Berman said: “For decades, the defendants, employees and a client of global law firm Mossack Fonseca, allegedly shuffled millions of dollars through off-shore accounts and created shell companies to hide fortunes. In fact, as alleged, they had a playbook to repatriate un-taxed money into the U.S. banking system. Now, their international tax scheme is over, and these defendants face years in prison for their crimes.”

One of the clients, listed as “Client 3” began cooperating with the DOJ, using voluntary wiretaps and by meeting with undercover agents in America and overseas, in January 2017, heavily lending credence to Daily Crusader’s theory (see our full report on the DOJ’s leaked search warrant indictments: PART ONE HERE and PART TWO HERE) that some of the Cabal crimes being handled by DOJ were necessarily ordered investigated by the President, due to the nature of their “50 USC” statute violations.

Eleven charges were outlined in the indictment against the four men.

Clinton Foundation-connected associates which are related to Mossack Fonseca include Gabrielle Fialkoff, finance director for Hillary Clinton’s first campaign for the U.S. Senate; Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining magnate who has traveled the globe with Bill Clinton; a member of the Chagoury family, which pledged $1 billion in projects to the Clinton Global Initiative; and Chinese billionaire Ng Lap Seng, who was at the center of a Democratic fund-raising scandal when Bill Clinton was president. Also using the Panamanian law firm was the company founded by the late billionaire investor Marc Rich, an international fugitive when Bill Clinton pardoned him in the final hours of his presidency.

Some of the most consistently reliable news sources, such as RT, have been reporting about the connection between the Clinton Foundation and Mossack Fonseca since at least early 2016.

*****UPDATE:*****
    It appears that John Podesta was on the executive board of a client of Mossack Fonseca!

Source: http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/j...d-tax-evasion/

Source: https://www.wnd.com/2016/10/hillary-...ey-laundering/

FROM WND:

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign manager, John Podesta, was on the executive board of a client of the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca, which is at the heart of the the Panama Papers investigation into massive global offshore money-laundering. The company for which Podesta served as a board member, Joule, also received $35 million from a Putin-connected Russian government fund at the same time then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spearheaded the transfer of U.S. advanced technology, some with military uses, as part of her “reset” strategy with Russia

*****UPDATE:*****
    There seem to be some misunderstandings between the term “bank” and “law firm”; remember that these crimes occurred in Panama where the distinctions are not as easily drawn. The law firm provided corporate services and in essence acted as a bank by allowing the funneling of money in and out of shell companies they set up and controlled, using Panamanian law instead of US law. See the wiki entry for further elucidation on the companies operations: https://en.wikipedia.org

https://www.dailycrusader.com/2018/1...ey-laundering/
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Lots and lots and lots of Arkancide about to happen.
    Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

Here is the cover for the indictment.
    SS

'
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post
    I would consider tying one or two of these goats to a post, and watching to see who/what came after them.
    Giving, of course, copious reassurances to the goats for their safety.
    SS

So they ARE real after all. I find this a relief, actually.

Lock her up.

Lock the whole damn deep state up.

And throw away the key.
    pragmatic. eclectic. realistic. vivere paratus: fortune favors the prepared

the BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! read it yourself. live it. love it.

it is what it is.........but it will become what you make of it

So how many more peebles before we're looking at a true avalanche?.....

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreLibs View Post

I believe they would pick off their only child if it would make it stop and they get off scot-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    So they ARE real after all. I find this a relief, actually.
    I think the next few weeks will be historic.
    Way too many big things starting to happen,...Israel, Mueller, FISA, stock market, Ukraine, Dhina..
    I hope President Trump is the last man standing.
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by Shacknasty Shagrat View Post
    I would consider tying one or two of these goats to a post, and watching to see who/what came after them.
    Giving, of course, copious reassurances to the goats for their safety.
    SS

Repeal the 15th
    Rewrite the 14th
    We Must Secure the Existance of Our People and a Future for White Children
    Make America Confederate Again
    2020 Is Going To Be A ClusterF*ck

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    So how many more peebles before we're looking at a true avalanche?.....

The Dominoe effect!

Any commercial media reports yet? Video? Orange jump suit perp walks?
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I suggest we all stay calm, hope for the best. and see what really happens. It is only an indictment and it could be the only one. And even this one could fizzle out.
    Maybe this is the start of something, like we hope, and maybe it is the end of something. Plus these legal cases could take a couple years or more just to come to trial. I wouldn't exactly break out the bubbly quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I suggest we all stay calm, hope for the best. and see what really happens. It is only an indictment and it could be the only one. And even this one could fizzle out.
    Maybe this is the start of something, like we hope, and maybe it is the end of something. Plus these legal cases could take a couple years or more just to come to trial. I wouldn't exactly break out the bubbly quite yet.
    Yeah, until we see a lot of per walks on CNN and their talking heads looking ill and uncomfortable holding off getting too worked up is the right call....
    Last edited by Housecarl; 12-06-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Smart phone auto corrwct strikes again....

Yeah, if it were one of us who committed 1/1000 the crime they did we would be locked up tomorrow. I am sick of waiting!

Hmmmmmmm, now I'm wondering.

Today, someone who had the twitter handle of QFan or something posted a tiny snip of Hillary yesterday at the funeral. I couldn't copy it so I didn't post it, but it's real.

She had a little envelope fall out of her program, and she opened it, looked at it quickly and put it back into the program. Jimmy Carter, next to her, looked to see if he had one, and he didn't.

Advance warning?
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Advance warning?

Or another check for the Clintoon Foundation.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Hmmm is right Mz Kitty>>>>>and did you see how P.O. her expression was through all the funeral? That was NOT grief of sadness, that was ANGER and RAGE.
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Quote Originally Posted by ioujc View Post
    Hmmm is right Mz Kitty>>>>>and did you see how P.O. her expression was through all the funeral? That was NOT grief of sadness, that was ANGER and RAGE.
    No, I didn't watch it; I had enough by then.

that was ANGER and RAGE

Might have been a small check … six zeros not seven.

Seriously, pissedoffedness is her default expression. Or dyspepsia, can't tell sometimes.

I don't know if it was a check, DD. It looked like 2 pieces of note paper. She seemed to only look at the top one before putting it back in the envelope.

Continuing to pray for the darkness to be exposed.

Money Laundering. Mafia/underworld ties. Of course.

Clintons are not the only ones...in politics with activity in this area.
    Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see; hail the incarnate Deity. Pleased as man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel. — CHARLES WESLEY

For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Continuing to pray for the darkness to be exposed.

Money Laundering. Mafia/underworld ties. Of course.

Clintons are not the only ones...in politics with activity in this area.
    Heck, in theory most of those on the Hill for more than three terms would be suspect just for being there that long....

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Any commercial media reports yet? Video?
    I was wondering the same thing, nothing on major media.
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......

Quote Originally Posted by Racing22 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, nothing on major media.
    Even if everything breaks out, I doubt the MSM will mention it.

Hillary Clinton could be locked in a cell under Guantanamo and the MSM would swear she's on a world tour.

The Clintons themselves will never have to answer to any of it.

Advance warning?

Or another check for the Clintoon Foundation.

Or telling her all the offshore money has been confiscated and now in the hands of the U.S. Treasury.

What about the note Bush passed to micheal? Lots of under the table dealings going on. interesting to say the least.

I do hope and pray, Revelations.

Any commercial media reports yet? Video? Orange jump suit perp walks?
    common sense reality and logic do NOT enter into this Doz
    “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” REV 3:16

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Yeah, but some well known and trustworthy alternative media and websites would be all over it.
    ...Rubbin' is Racin'......

There are enough reliable non-MSM sources out there that this would not escape notice … if it really happened.

I can't post it, but in another video from the funeral, Laura read something on or in her program. She got a weird look on her face. Then she showed it to Jeb. He looked like he was going to faint. He stopped singing, dropped his hand from over his heart, and looked around.
    I've thrown my back out trying to kiss my ass goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I can't post it, but in another video from the funeral, Laura read something on or in her program. She got a weird look on her face. Then she showed it to Jeb. He looked like he was going to faint. He stopped singing, dropped his hand from over his heart, and looked around.
    Hummm......

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Heck, in theory most of those on the Hill for more than three terms would be suspect just for being there that long....
    Yep. Simple rule is : If they are in DC, THEY ARE DIRTY, PERIOD !!!!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    FaithfulSkeptic, you are EXACTLY RIGHT !!!! Anyone that believes otherwise is delusional !!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

OK, here's Hillary:

QAnon +++ Retweeted
    QAnon +++
    ‏ @MagniFieri
    Dec 5

It looks like Hillary had a secret message in her funeral program - I didn't see anyone else receive an envelope like this ...

These fools have been forced to resort to primitive measures.

https://twitter.com/MagniFieri?ref_s...02621662846976

Montage of the Laura thing Helen brought up. I have no clue:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulSkeptic View Post
    Confiscation of all ill-gotten gains would be a nice consolation ...... leave them flat broke.
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Yeah, yeah, Q says, or blah, blah, blah! When Doomer Doug sees Rosenstein, dressed in an orange jump suit, doing a perp walk out of FBI HQ, get back to me. Bill and Hillary Clinton, nor Obama and Mooshelle WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER be indicted for anything related to the multiple felonies, conspiracies and crimes they have engaged in over the last 50 years or so.

Trump made the decision to give Bill and Hillary a free pass in the 60 Minutes Interview with Leslie Stahl back in November of 2016. At any rate, nothing is going to happen in terms of restoring the rule of law here in America. Will some small fry perhaps be thrown to the wolves by Trump? Maybe, but it will be no big deal.

The American Republic has been dead most of my lifetime. It has been replaced with a corrupt oligarchy, the so called Deep State. Tucker Carlson gets it now. Trump played us, and was never serious about draining the swamp, or holding Hellary accountable. If Trump is willing to actually shut down the government to get a fully funded border wall, I will take note of that.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Ramsas Owens is still in the wind.
    Though these crooks have been busted, the template is excellent and new to me.
    Why incur the risk of exposure that comes with going through a regular bank, when one can hire a Panamanian lawyer who is like a bank but without the regs and disclosures?
    There are other lawyers in Panama, and other countries that allow similiar activities.
    yours truly,
    SS,
    Poste restante,
    Panama City
    Panama

International Consortium of Investigative Journalists

The Panama Papers ▾

December 7, 2018

What the Panama Papers tell us about the clients in the latest bombshell charges

When federal prosecutors unveiled the first criminal charges in the U.S. arising from the Panama Papers disclosures, they kept secret the names of four of five American clients whom they allege played key roles in offshore tax schemes but have not charged.

Just one of the five American clients, Harald Joachim Von der Goltz, was named in the indictment. Referred to as Client 2, he was charged along with two Mossack Fonseca employees, Ramses Owens and Dirk Brauer, and a Boston accountant, Richard Gaffey. Gaffey and Von der Goltz deny the charges.
    Related articles

The Justice Department stated in the December 4 indictment that both the named and unnamed US clients had “falsely and fraudulently failed to report” their undeclared offshore accounts.

Two of those Americans later declared assets under a program that grants immunity from criminal prosecution to those who cooperate with authorities and repay taxes, the DOJ said.

Victor Song, former chief of the IRS criminal investigations division, told ICIJ that the DOJ and Internal Revenue Service may have listed Americans anonymously due to either their cooperation or because further charges lay ahead.

“Maybe they’re not naming names, but they’re shedding a light on what might be to come,” Song said.

This is the first step of the U.S. going public,” Song said. “It’s not going to be the last.

To uncover the identities of the unnamed clients, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists went back to the 11.5 million files from the Panama Papers to match emails, passports, invoices and sales contracts with the indictment.

This is what we know about all of the U.S. clients.
    How we worked out who ‘Client 1’ was.
    Unnamed “Client 1”: Marianna Olszewski

The DOJ describes Client 1 as a U.S. citizen who resides in Manhattan and who lived in London around 2001, a description that matches Panama Papers records of interactions with Olszewski.

“Two offshore accounts on the Isle of Man were nominally held by two offshore shell companies, which were formed by Mossack Fonseca,” the indictment stated.

This description matches two Isle of Man companies, GBL Consulting Partners Ltd. and Merritt Marketing and Services Ltd., which held bank accounts with HSBC, and were linked to Olszewski in the Panama Papers through emails, bank statements and payment schedules sent to her by Mossack Fonseca.

The indictment also states that Mossack Fonseca employees met with Client 1 in a Manhattan hotel in 2008. Emails from the Panama Papers in April 2008 discuss a planned meeting at the Sheraton in Times Square and Mossack Fonseca employees proposed buying a gold bracelet for the client’s recently born baby. Want to read the original email? (In Spanish)

Client 1 falsely sent $3 million to the U.S. by claiming “the money was the result of the sale of a company, even though, in truth, it was not,” the DOJ stated.

Want to read more about her relationship with Mossack Fonseca? Read this 2008 email chain that discusses ways to bring money into the U.S.

ICIJ’s media partner the BBC reported at the time of the Panama Papers that Mossack Fonseca advised Olszewski to use the services of a 90-year old British man who, on a bank account and other documents, would pretend to be the real owner of the company.

The DOJ reported that Client 1 “falsely and fraudulently failed” to declare offshore assets between 2001 and 2013, but voluntarily disclosed her offshore assets in 2013.

Olszewski did not respond to multiple requests for comment.
    Mossack Fonseca referring to Harald Joachim von der Goltz in Panama Papers.
    Named “Client 2”: Harald Joachim von der Goltz

The only named U.S. resident client in the indictment, Von der Goltz evaded taxes on multimillion-dollar assets from as early as 2000, the DOJ alleged. He was arrested in London Dec. 3.

He was “without a doubt the biggest” U.S. client, according to an email sent by Mossack Fonseca employee Ramses Owens.

The DOJ alleged that Von der Goltz began using offshore companies in the late 1980s under the name of the Revack Trust and Revack Holdings Foundation. By 2012, the DOJ alleged, the companies’ investments were worth more than $35 million.

The DOJ claims that Von der Goltz pretended his now 102-year old mother, who lives in Guatemala, owned companies that he controlled. At one meeting, according to the DOJ, Mossack Fonseca’s Owens suggested Von der Goltz use a Panama foundation owned by the lawyer as a buffer to shield Von der Goltz’s true ownership.

Emails show that Mossack Fonseca listed Von der Goltz as a Guatemala resident but knew he lived in the U.S. “My suggestion,” wrote Mossack Fonseca lawyer Owens in 2009. “Leave everything as it is with Von der Goltz, that is, stay and take the potential risk.”

Even after Von der Goltz contacted the Department of Justice in May 2016 after his name appeared in the Panama Papers, the DOJ said, he continued to make “false statements” to investigators.

The Boston Globe reported that Von der Goltz’s attorney called the indictment ‘‘a desperate attempt to salvage an American case out of the Panama Papers.’’
    How we confirmed unnamed ‘Client 3’ using Panama Papers documents.
    Unnamed “Client 3”: William Ponsoldt

William Ponsoldt, a breeder of Arabian horses and real estate mogul, was among Mossack Fonseca’s other significant U.S. clients, according to Mossack Fonseca emails.

Ponsoldt died in September 2017, matching the DOJ’s description.

The DOJ describes Client 3 and his offshore activities in detail, including a condominium bought in Grand Bay Towers, Panama City, which matches information in emails and property records from the Panama Papers. Read the email.

The law firm managed about $8 million in offshore assets for “Client 3”, who did not declare his wealth to the IRS from 2004 to 2016, the DOJ alleged.

Mossack Fonseca provided stand-in or “nominee” company directors and offered at least one pre-existing “shelf” company that the law firm “created in advance…and kept unused on a virtual ‘shelf’ until a client needed it,” the DOJ alleged.

In early 2017 and after reporting on the Panama Papers by ICIJ’s media partner The New York Times, Ponsoldt started cooperating with law enforcement. The DOJ stated that Ponsoldt allowed U.S. law enforcement to monitor his telephone conversations with Mossack Fonseca’s Brauer in which the men discussed past tax evasion and how to avoid paying taxes in the future.

In July 2017, Ponsoldt worked with an undercover U.S. government agent who posed as a U.S. financial adviser. The three met in the Bahamas. The undercover agent discussed evading U.S. taxes and laundering money for clients “involved in a pump and dump securities fraud scheme.”
    Uncovering the unnamed “Client 4”
    Unnamed “Client 4”: Christopher Ponsoldt

The DOJ describes Client 4 as the son of Client 3 and a Miami resident who used the internal codename “son” when communicating with Mossack Fonseca.

Over 100 emails and documents refer to Christopher Ponsoldt and the codename “son” in the Panama Papers files. Read one document with the codename.

The DOJ also describes William Ponsoldt, his wife and son Christopher meeting in Panama sometime in 2005 and a further visit by Christopher in 2006. The Panama Papers include emails from William Ponsoldt, who went by the codename father, and Christopher that confirm visits to Panama.

“Client-4 was first introduced to Mossack Fonseca in or about January 2005, when Client-4 traveled to Panama with Client-4’s parents – Client-3 and Client-3’s wife – for vacation,” the indictment states.

That description matches an email sent by Christopher Ponsoldt’s father, William, in June 2006 following a previous visit. “My wife, son Chris and I spent two days in your offices in Panama,” William Ponsoldt wrote.

Read one of the emails.

Between 2006 and 2008, the DOJ alleges, Christopher Ponsoldt transferred $1.6 million of his money to Mossack Fonseca, sometimes in amounts below $10,000 “to avoid leaving [a] track.” Under U.S. law, banks must obtain more detailed documents for transactions greater than $10,000.

According to the indictment, Mossack Fonseca invested Christopher Ponsoldt’s money in banks in Switzerland, Andorra and Panama owned by shell companies and sham foundations. Mossack Fonseca’s Ramses Owens said that Ponsoldt’s children could, upon their father’s death, later receive tax-free money “disguised” as income or “business expenses,” the DOJ alleged.

Christopher Ponsoldt decided to end his relationship with Mossack Fonseca in 2011, according to the DOJ. Ponsoldt did not respond to requests for comment sent to his email and to his attorney.
    The final “Client 5” from the Panama Papers documents.
    Unnamed “Client 5”: Jurgen Wolff

The DOJ described Client 5 as a “U.S. citizen who currently lives in London, the United Kingdom” and who earned an income from writing books and scripts.

This information matches Panama Papers records, which describes Wolff as living in London, and Wolff’s website, which lists his achievements as an author, playwright and television script writer for shows and films that featured stars Rob Lowe and Kelsey Grammer.

“Shortly after this initial meeting…[in or about 2008], Client-5 traveled to Mossack Fonseca’s headquarters in Panama,” the DOJ indictment stated.

This matches with emails from Wolff in the Panama Papers.“We (my partner and i) will arrive via Copa flight CM303 from Los Angeles arriving 10.30AM on Tuesday, September 16,” Wolff wrote in an email dated Sept. 9, 2008. Want to read the email?

According to the DOJ, Mossack Fonseca employees knew “Client 5” was a U.S. citizen and assured him they would keep his money “outside of the U.S. tax system.”Mossack Fonseca’s Dirk Brauer told “Client 5” to keep his “hands off the structure in place, otherwise it would not work, meaning that [“Client 5”] would have to pay U.S. taxes,” the DOJ alleged.

“Client 5” declared his offshore accounts to the IRS in 2014, according to the DOJ.

The DOJ reported that Client 5 “falsely and fraudulently failed” to declare assets between 2008 and 2013, but voluntarily disclosed his assets in 2014.

https://www.icij.org/investigations/...shell-charges/