Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

LEGAL Marijuana is officially legal in Michigan today...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Marijuana is officially legal in Michigan today...

As of today, it’s legal to possess and consume marijuana. So how many of you midwesterers will be moving to Michigan?
    Attached Images

Ffffffft...., already there, man. But seriously, most of the small communities around me have already passed ordinances banning businesses that sell marijuana. I figure in the end, there may only be half a dozen localities in the state where users can actually purchase. Liberal enclave college towns, exclusive nortwestern lakeside communities and perhaps a few places with nothing left to lose come to mind. Time will tell.

So expect to need to pay even more attention while driving to those around you...

not moving there, but i know quite a few people planning a road trip as michigan is much closer than colorado
    float like a butterfly...

Already here. Although it should be legal personally that is the last thing that a lot of people I know need right now. They are already loopy enough.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    Already here. Although it should be legal personally that is the last thing that a lot of people I know need right now. They are already loopy enough.
    now THAT i can agree with LOL

i also think it should be legal, first and primarily because it is a freedom issue. once i was told by my doctors that i needed it, i of course really wanted it to be legal. but...i most definitely can agree with some people don't need any more loopy hahaha
    float like a butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    Yeah, that's the truth. Let's see a few police budgets cut now that they don't have to chase stoners any more and see that cash funneled to the roads.

I predict a big nothing burger.

Not interested in moving to Michigan, but this will be a good thing for my brother and nephew who live there and both suffer from severe chronic pain. My brother has been on morphine for several years; nephew isn't quite as bad, but has definitely got issues. If they can grow their own, I think it will be helpful for them, at least I hope so.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

"Want some weed, but worried about gettin' busted? Don't want nosy neighbors to
    know you need to score some? Scared you might get busted by the fuzz? Well, don't
    fret no more, friend, cause I got the goods in abundance! Yup, the best buds for my
    buddies can be yours at market price! Act now before the Christmas rush so you can
    get a head start on your head rush. Interested? You name the time and alley, I'll be
    there. I'm mobile and guarantee your transaction will be safe and secure. Cash only,
    no credit cards. I gotta pay my hos discreetly off the books. Know what I'm sayin'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblepuff View Post

"Want some weed, but worried about gettin' busted? Don't want nosy neighbors to
    know you need to score some? Scared you might get busted by the fuzz? Well, don't
    fret no more, friend, cause I got the goods in abundance! Yup, the best buds for my
    buddies can be yours at market price! Act now before the Christmas rush so you can
    get a head start on your head rush. Interested? You name the time and alley, I'll be
    there. I'm mobile and guarantee your transaction will be safe and secure. Cash only,
    no credit cards. I gotta pay my hos discreetly off the books. Know what I'm sayin'?"

Yes, I know what you are saying. You don't need to keep asking. 16 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-HUDo7XQ4

It's been legal here since July. The only thing I've noticed on several occasions is middle age women being stoned in public during the day. Not sure if their hiding it less or its part of the push from social media marketing cannabis towards women. The big buzz in local media is how women are leading in the new legal cannabis industry.
    No taccoos

Legal in the State of Michigan and legal in the country of Canada, but NOT LEGAL in the united States.

Ergo - at the border b/w Michigan and Ontario, the stuff is NOT LEGAL and Canadians can get into a helping heap of trouble with the US Feds. Beware.
    The country has been conquered and is under occupation. That's a fact. Before you dispute it, gather your facts. Got any?
    "No one in this world, so far as I know, ...has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." H.L. Mencken
    "Oh, the Drama!"

there is a learning curve. stupid people will always act stupid, abusers will always abuse, newbies will have to learn how to use it responsibly and the chronically ill will now have access to a better remedy.

i have many medical recipes for helping all sorts of health conditions on my cannabis blog. severe chronic pain, check out the No Nonsense recipe. it works very well and is easy to make. there is so much Good this silly plant can do when used right.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

Should be nation-wide...

We are heading in that direction, just get it done, already!
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

............................................................... ............................................................................ ..................................

"We need glyphosate sprayed on cannabis plants nationwide."

I'm so glad that I moved out in the 1980s. I have not intention of returning to live there. I don't even like to visit, and legal pot is just one more reason to avoid the state, its bad roads and loopy drivers.

After six months this will be a big nothing burger. The end of the world is not coming.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Double_A View Post
    After six months this will be a big nothing burger. The end of the world is not coming.
    Yep, agreed. We arenít smokers, but I canít tell you how many people our age (mid 40s) we know who DO smoke. Nearly everyone! And itís not like our high school and college days when you can smell it on people 10 feet away. Vape pens are nearly smokeless and discrete, and more concentrated. It only takes a toke or two to get high. It was weird to discover people who visited our home took a quick hit or two while in the bathroom or when our backs were turned. I donít care, but at least the legalization of it doesnít pose any risks or concerns now when hanging out with friends or when they bring it in our home. Itís a blue collar state, with lots people who work in factories. Their lives are dull and boring and monotonous, and I guess pot relieves that... gives them something to make them feel better. We do know itís good for chronic pain, so Iím glad the option is there if we ever need it, without having to get a medical marijuana card. But for us, we donít need it or want it. Being high kills oneís motivation and encourages laziness. We have too much life to live and too many goals and adventures ahead of us to be stoned regularly. Weíll leave the weed for when weíre retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Should be nation-wide...
    We are heading in that direction, just get it done, already!
    No. No. No. Not in Iowa. We're still trying to get rid of the meth and bring the rural economy back online. We don't need recreational pot added to that mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    No. No. No. Not in Iowa. We're still trying to get rid of the meth and bring the rural economy back online. We don't need recreational pot added to that mix.
    Just think Meemur, fields of pot instead of corn.

The build quality of Detroit manufactured automobiles should be taking a big dump now?
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    The build quality of Detroit manufactured automobiles should be taking a big dump now?
    Can't be much worse than historically. Before Lemon Laws were passed, my parents bought a brand new Dodge station wagon. After THIRTY SEVEN (not a typo... 37!!!) trips back to the dealership for multiple major problems, the only explanation or excuse offered was, "it must have been built on a Monday or a Friday"...

Apparently, the majority of the workforce showed up hung over too badly to do decent work on Mondays, and on Fridays, they checked out mentally (also alcohol aided at lunch) at noon...

According to the dealer (service dept manager) pretty much every car built on those days was defective in some way.

Summerthyme

Since most areas have no dispensary finding weed will be difficult for awhile.
    Not sure if medical establishments are licensed to sell it yet. The black market will thrive.
    Still... I'm thrilled!
    "There is only one success....
    to be able to spend your life in your own way."
    Christopher Morley

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Let that be Michigan. There's something comforting about fields of corn and hogs.

There's something comforting about fields of corn and hogs.

Yep, somethin' comfortin' about corn, hogs and mud, specially mud! Who needs maree-
    wanna when ya got thick sticky mud? Look, wee Zelda May sees a piglet behind the clan.
    She's gonna chase it, ketch it, and make it her best friend fer life until she gets hitched up
    with a cousin. Hope he'll have teeth so's he can chew corn off the cob fer his darlin' bride!

The muzzie Kenyan was right. FUSA is no longer a Christian nation.

The enemy is having a field day.

There are many lies about "medical marijuana." We are so far from Biblical principles and Christian healing with Faith, and the "churches" have been dead, for many decades. What a mess.

More cops, not less will be needed in the future.
    Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see; hail the incarnate Deity. Pleased as man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel. ó CHARLES WESLEY

For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christís second coming. ó PAUL LEE TAN

Mmmmm....Fields of corndogs....sounds like a snack food paradise.
    No taccoos

Have fun! I saw how it f**ked up Colorado. Hope you like homeless people. Colorado had a huge increase in homeless all over the state + panhandlers.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post

I, for one, do NOT want more cops. I feel they are part of the problem.

I hate to disagree with you but as long as booze is legal then weed should be as well. I much prefer to deal with stoners than drunks. Besides I really do believe in person freedom and responsibility and unless I am livestock (which govco and big corps think I am) it is my body and I should be free to do as I please with it. Now if I cross a line and infringe upon the rights of someone else I should be held accountable, or held as accountable as our dear government officials are
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    That and if there are more fields growing pot, there are fewer fields growing corn. Fewer fields growing corn mean the corn that IS grown is more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by rafter View Post
    Have fun! I saw how it f**ked up Colorado. Hope you like homeless people. Colorado had a huge increase in homeless all over the state + panhandlers.
    Michigan already HAS homeless and panhandlers. All that job loss of the last 16 years or so did a number on us. Things have only started turning around.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    I hate to disagree with you but as long as booze is legal then weed should be as well. I much prefer to deal with stoners than drunks. Besides I really do believe in person freedom and responsibility and unless I am livestock (which govco and big corps think I am) it is my body and I should be free to do as I please with it. Now if I cross a line and infringe upon the rights of someone else I should be held accountable, or held as accountable as our dear government officials are
    As accountable as the one's in DC, where pot is legal, and has been for some time.....that set of leaders.....drug testing should be mandatory for all politicians, by an outside source that cruises the country, popping in and taking samples....that would make for one heck of a reality show...instant feedback, you test positive senator, can you explain?

There are many lies about "medical marijuana." We are so far from Biblical principles and Christian healing with Faith, and the "churches" have been dead, for many decades. What a mess.

I dare you, I literally dare you, in front of this ENTIRE BOARD, to quote even ONE verse of Scripture, JUST ONE, that confirms this preposterous line of reasoning you've latched onto that marijuana is somehow Satanic.

I've challenged you on this before and you have ignored me soundly. Will you continue to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Double_A View Post
    ^^^
    THIS

While I don't use pot, any fair-minded person has to admit that in states where it has been legalized, the world has not, in fact, come to an end. I've seen many board members complain that since legalization in their area, there has been a spike in criminal activity. Fair enough, but I also note that most of the things they are complaining about are not due to marijuana smoking per se, but are things like criminal trespassing and the illegal use of land for illicit marijuanas grows. I really sympathize, but also understand that these are government-created problems, not marijuana problems. If it was legal to grow and market - like corn, soy beans or any other crop - 90% of these problems would go away. Also, I hear (some) supposedly-conservative members ardently crying out for stupid laws like the death penalty for selling marijuana to kids. Now, before anyone goes off the rails, I'm not in favor of selling dope to kids, but the dynamic essentially no different than selling alcohol to kids. It's already illegal to sell or provide alcohol to minors, but I've yet to hear anyone in the anti-marijuana crowd cry out for the death penalty for any adult giving a kid a beer. Some of America's most prestigious corporations are in the brewing and distilling business and some of you no doubt hold those equities in your retirement plans!

Best regards
    Doc

This business of states making it legal while there are still federal laws that keep it illegal is bizarre. Why don't Congress make the decision once and for all whether it is legal or illegal.
    But of course Congress won't touch it because it is controversial.

your little bible thumping Quaker brain would implode if you knew how bad you've been lied to. Jesus was CHRIST, baptized by the holy anointing oil. Read the accounts of his baptism,an tell me if those are the effects of water? Read the original canons and disciples accounts.

You are mistaken,cannabis is gift from God. I dare you to go to this link and refute ONE thing it says: http://zzco.org/chris_bennett/christ.html
    If I was born in Kenya, I'd be President by now.

*My fingers are slysdexic. Damn.*
    They're, there, their. There. I know the difference. My mind is miles and miles of thought ahead of my fingers and my fingers are peons. peons do sh!tty work.:D

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Michigan already HAS homeless and panhandlers. All that job loss of the last 16 years or so did a number on us. Things have only started turning around.
    Yep. And that progress is going to go right down the toilet if Colorado is any indication.

RLM, I love you, Man, but you didn't grow up in Ann Arbor and see the mess that recreational weed, widely available makes out of people. I was still there when they had the $5 pot law, and I can fill several screens with the needless stupidity I saw.

I do see your point about the "personal freedom" aspect, which is why I support medical pot, but I think after you live through a summer surrounded by loopy stoners, maybe even have your vehicle hit while you're stopped at a stop light, you might see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    I dare you, I literally dare you, in front of this ENTIRE BOARD, to quote even ONE verse of Scripture, JUST ONE, that confirms this preposterous line of reasoning you've latched onto that marijuana is somehow Satanic.

I've challenged you on this before and you have ignored me soundly. Will you continue to do so?
    That's funny, as if i remember correctly, i did answer. If i saw your post, i answered. Maybe it was others.

I am up for the challenge.

And as i said before: NO, not all drugs- only psychoactive/mind alterating ones.

Again:

PHARMAKEIA:
    Drugs and Sorcery at the End of the Age. --A. Herstad Back

Most of us, when asked for Biblical signs warning of the nearness of the last days will mention Israel, or perhaps the Global Economy. Some will mention the famines, earthquakes and diseases; the "wars and rumors of wars" that sweep our planet.

Few, however, will think to mention DRUGS, SORCERY and religious DECEPTION as significant of the end times.

Even though these are foreshadowed in Scripture, they are only brought to notice through careful study with a Bible in one hand and newspaper in the other. So if you think your favorite recreational drug "isn't mentioned in the Bible", you have another think coming, because what you are doing falls under the heading of "pharmakeia", or in English, "sorcery", as we will prove in the following paragraphs.

The worldwide spread of psychedelic (Peyote, LSD); narcotic (heroin); and hypnotic (hashish) drugs fulfills the prophetic scriptures as one o of two forms of SORCERY that would lead the nations into rejection of Christ, and bring them into their final destruction as slaves of the Man of Sin, the Antichrist, under a New World Order at the end of the age.

Some may wonder why marijuana/hashish is included here. It's included because it, like the other drugs, produces an ALTERED STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS that leaves the user open to hypnotic, and therefore demonic suggestion. In the Old Testament, God forbids his people to engage in "enchantment" (hypnosis) and witchcraft (sorcery).

The following Hebrew words as defined in Strong's Concordance illustrate this altered state and it's occultic roots:

Strong's # 2267: cheber (kheh'-ber); from 2266; a society; also a spell: KJV-- + charmer (-ing), company, enchantment, X wide. (DIC)

Strong's # 3908: lachash (lakh'-ash);from 3907; properly, a whisper, i.e. by implication, (in a good sense) a private prayer, ( in a bad one) an incantation; concretely, an amulet: KJV-- charmed, earring, enchantment, orator, prayer. (DIC)

Strong's # 3909: lat (lawt); a form of 3814 or else participle from 3874; properly, covered, i.e. secret; by implication, incantation; also secrecy or (adverb) covertly: -enchantment, privily, secretly, softly. (DIC)

Enter: the New Testament
    Jesus warned us in Matthew 24 of these things that would mark the last days before his second coming. Of religious DECEPTION, he says:

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matt 24:24 (KJV)
    This verse is one of five or six times the Bible mentions MIRACLES in connection with DECEPTION in the last days. The fate of those who are so deceived is shown in Matthew 7:21-23:

"Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons AND PERFORM MANY MIRACLES?' Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"
    The means of this deception looks religious and perhaps even doctrinally plausible, but the methods of performing miracles is NOT. There is, in addition to false doctrine, a visible, hands on method by which the nations are being deceived and led into Hell. That method is SORCERY, and/or "witchcraft".
    The New Testament mentions TWO kinds of sorcery: MAGIC (In Greek, "mageia") and DRUGS (In Greek, "pharmakeia"). The New Testament was originally written in Greek, and the distinction between these two types of witchcraft has been lost in the translation. But our Strong's Concordance and Vine's Dictionary of New Testament Words spotlight these deceptions, helping us to identify them so that we may take warning:

MAGEIA
    (magic) The following is a Biblical example of MAGIC being used to lead others astray:

"Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great, and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed, "This man is the divine power known as the Great Power." They followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his MAGIC." --Acts 8:9-11 (NIV)
    The Greek word for "magic" is listed in Strong's Dictionary:
    Strong's # 3095: mageia (mag-i'-ah); from 3096; "magic": KJV-- sorcery. (DIC)

PHARMAKEIA
    (sorcery, witchcraft)

"The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and WITCHCRAFT; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. --Gal 5:19-21 (NIV)
    The Greek word here used for "witchcraft" is:
    Strong's # 5331harmakeia (far-mak-i'-ah); from 5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e. (by extension) magic (literally or figuratively): KJV-- sorcery, witchcraft. (DIC)

Vine's Dictionary brings this into perspective with the following:

SORCERY:

"Pharmakeia" (Eng., pharmacy etc.) primarily signified the use of medicine, DRUGS, SPELLS; then, POISONING; then, SORCERY, Galatians 5:20, R.V., "sorcery" (A.V., "witchcraft"), mentioned as one of "the works of the flesh." See also Rev. 9:21; 18:23

In the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament ca. 200 B.C.), Ex. 7:11,22; 8:7, 18; Isa. 47:9,12

"In sorcery, the use of DRUGS, whether simple or potent, was generally accompanied by INCANTATIONS and appeals to OCCULT powers, with the provision of various charms, amulets, etc., professedly designed to keep the applicant or patient from the attention and power of demons, but actually to impress the applicant with the mysterious resources and powers of the sorcerer."

So in conclusion, the person who uses ANY of the drugs mentioned here is giving himself over to the will of another--that chief Sorcerer himself--Satan, the enemy of our souls. Christ died to save us from slavery of sin, from the power of Satan and the penalty of Hell.
    When a believer engages in these activities, he is in effect denying his Lord the honor due him: who's shed blood purchased the believer's eternal redemption. The Bible says:

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men." -1 Corinthians 7:23
    The Bible further warns those who don't believe that if they persist in their rejection of Christ, a strong delusion will come upon them after the Rapture, (see 2 Thessalonians chapter 2) and they will go into the Tribulation UNABLE to repent:

"Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts."--Rev 9:21

"The light of a lamp will never shine in you again. The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again. Your merchants were the world's great men. By your MAGIC spell all the nations were led astray."--Rev 18:23

THE DOOM OF THE DEAD:
    the final resting place of both the Deceiver and the decieved. God has warned us ahead of time. NOW is the day of salvation.

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."--Rev 20:12-15

http://pw2.netcom.com/~horse/sorcery.html
    Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see; hail the incarnate Deity. Pleased as man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel. ó CHARLES WESLEY

For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christís second coming. ó PAUL LEE TAN