Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT Um...maybe you better drop 'em
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Um...maybe you better drop 'em

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/monitori...s/heliplot.php

All the seismographs are going off world wide right now.
    I've thrown my back out trying to kiss my ass goodbye.

Seriously, either usgs.gov got a data hack on a federal day off, or something is vibrating the planet.

Can someone post screen shots of this? I don't know how. I know it's early, but this is way different from normal.

Wow, that can't be right can it?

A hoax?

A test?

Otherwise wow!
    Would someone please let me know how we have spun out of control?
    Has the captain let go of the wheel?
    Or could we please try to find a way to be a bit more kind?
    I see the road to tomorrow in the haze - Queensryche

Wow, heck of a thing to wake up to! What's even more odd is that they are all different...I'd think with a hack they'd mostly look the same?

The ones at the bottom of the list are all USA. I got screenshots but I don't know how to post them.

This russian site is much quieter...

A whole buncha chicom sites aren't reporting??
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Millwright, can you post the USA shots, at least some of them. Missouri is near blackout, Texas is heavy.

Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin Goin' On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxRTLmtsbE

Or tell me how to post pictures. All these years I never needed to.

Damn, Helen, I just put them on!

The old rock has been acting funky lately - didn't see anything about this posted here but a couple of people I know have been nattering on about it.
    ==========================

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/nobody...g-like-a-bell/

Nobody knows why the Earth just rang like a bell
    By News.com.au
    November 29, 2018 | 12:25pm | Updated

Seismic sensors first picked up the event originating near an island between Madagascar and Africa. Then, alarm bells started ringing as far away as Chile, New Zealand and Canada.

Hawaii, almost exactly on the other side of the planet, also picked up the “event.”

Nobody knows what it was.

Meteorite? Submarine volcano? Nuclear test?

“I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it,” National Geographic reports Columbia University seismologist Göran Ekström as saying. “It doesn’t mean that, in the end, the cause of them is that exotic.”

At the center of the mystery is the tiny island of Mayotte, positioned about halfway between Africa and Madagascar. It’s been subjected to a swarm of earthquakes since May. Most have been minor, but the biggest — on May 8 — was the largest in the island’s recorded history, topping at a magnitude of 5.8.

But the earthquake swarm had been in decline before the mysterious ringing was detected earlier this month.

Ekström, who specializes in unusual earthquakes, points out much about the Nov. 11 event was weird. It was as though the planet rang like a bell, maintaining a low-frequency monotone as it spread.

Earthquakes, by their very nature, usually register as short, sharp “cracks.”
    As tensions in the Earth’s crust suddenly release, pulses of clearly identifiable seismic waves radiate outward from where the slippage occurs.

The first signal is called a primary wave: high-frequency compression waves that radiate in bunches.

Then comes a Secondary wave: These high-frequency waves tend to “wiggle” more.
    Only then comes the surface waves: These slow, deep rumbles tend to linger, and can circle the Earth several times.

The Nov. 11 event is notable in that no primary or secondary waves were detected.
    All that registered was the deep, resonant surface wave. And it didn’t rumble as an earthquake’s surface wave tends to. Instead, it maintained a much cleaner — almost musical — frequency.

National Geographic reports the French Geological Survey suspects a new volcano may be developing off the coast of Mayotte. While the island was created by volcanic activity, it’s been dormant for more than 4,000 years.

The French believe the weird ringing may have been generated by a movement of magma some 30 miles off the coast and deep underwater. This is supported by GPS sensors detecting that Mayotte has moved some 2 inches to the southeast in less than five months.

But it’s a poorly mapped region. Exactly what’s beneath the ocean can only be guessed at.

Ekström believes the unusually pure signal could have been caused by magma sloshing about inside a chamber, or being forced through a gap in subsurface rocks.

But he’s not certain.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Serious on my ancestors' graves, somebody tell me how to post screenshots. I've never seen this before.

Further down, another location in Russia:

IU/MA2 Magadan, Russia

Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see; hail the incarnate Deity. Pleased as man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel. — CHARLES WESLEY

For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

Somebody freaking post Missouri, Texas, Arizona.

Even Massachusetts and Maine are vibrating.

TELL ME HOW TO POST PICTURES

That is odd. There is one in there that looks drastically different -- rows of little zig-zags, rather than lines from top to the bottom of the paper. Anyone know why?

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

What i do is right-click on the photo, select copy, then paste it into the image option right above the box.
    Veiled in flesh, the Godhead see; hail the incarnate Deity. Pleased as man with men to dwell, Jesus our Emmanuel. — CHARLES WESLEY

For every prophecy on the first coming of Christ, there are eight on Christ’s second coming. — PAUL LEE TAN

Tammy, I'm sending you brand new silk panties, flame pink. Thank you.

Not working from a phone. Drat. One of you can surely post USA shots.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Tammy, I'm sending you brand new silk panties, flame pink. Thank you.
    Well, that will surely spice up my collection. And you are welcome.

New Mexico, Missouri, Oregon, Texas

Serious on my ancestors' graves, somebody tell me how to post screenshots. I've never seen this before.
    Take your screenshot, save it on your computer someplace. Start a new post and use the Attachment feature to upload your image.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Grafenberg, Germany

Bilibino, Russia

Antarctica

Pole shift? Coming earthquake? Asteroid impact? Cern?

GPS related?

I don't understand the graphing coordinates... how can "Time" on a 24 hour scale be on the vertical axis??
    “Don’t pick a fight, but if you find yourself in one, I suggest you make damn sure you win.” - John Wayne

Mistake?

That seems the most likely.

This would certainly make headline news - somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    Pole shift? Coming earthquake? Asteroid impact? Cern?
    Gaia farted.

Well, if something is happening in Maine and NH, we sure aren't feeling anything here in Western Maine other than cold. It's only 14 outside. I agree that those graphs look serious but, what the hey. Not feeling anything here.

Here's one from Waverly Tenn.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

somewhere on this planet a politician told the truth

I don't think a hack would upload differing results with realistic gradient shading from one region to another.

Having said that, I confess I do not know anything about an attachment feature on this board.

32. This really IS crazy! What does this even represent?

For those interested, here is Australia (top) and Walt Disney World, FL (bottom). What the heck is going on???
    Attached Images

33. Whatever's happening, it seems to be the heaviest in the Australasia area...
    Attached Images

Q related hoax? /D5 -December 5)
    Comet 46 P/ Wirtanen - closest approach December 16 (sorcha had a page on it a few days ago, definitely one of the more woo-woo essays I thought - at the time - but now?
    Anyways, I did notice several loud ear tones yesterday, but I don’t feel any shaking going on, even though the peaks-Kenney graph in Maine says there is.

ETA: Helen wins the top prize for being first to report this, whatever it is.
    Hmmm, this might be th only warning most of us get before Godzilla arises from the deep, time to fill the fuel tanks, maybe.
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

This is the usgs.gov website. That's why it's concerning. Even a prank is concerning - it should not be possible.

If it's real and no one can feel it, then what the heck is it?

36. Yellowstone's graph looks pretty ominous, too. I don’t know how to interpret these. Anyone on this board understand what we’re looking at here?
    Attached Images

I don't think a hack would upload differing results with realistic gradient shading from one region to another.

Having said that, I confess I do not know anything about an attachment feature on this board.
    Here's a screenshot of this reply. I took a screenshot, saved it, and then clicked the paperclip icon above the text box and uploaded it. That saves the image in a directory on the server. Anyone can re-use the same image by getting its link from someone else's post.
    Attached Images

With the legalization of pot everywhere, someone screwed up the plots.
    When you see Time plotted vs. Time and no unit for magnitude, you
    know something is screwy.

This was posted farther down by Witmess:

USGS Reporting M 7.6 - EARTHQUAKE 168km ESE of Tadine, New Caledonia (E of Australia)
    USGS Reporting 7.6 Earthquake

168km ESE of Tadine, New Caledonia
    2018-12-05 04:18:08 (UTC)
    10.0 km
    I could make it cheaper!!!